OOC Info [OOC] The Concilium

Home to everything OOC.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Lhavit's development sub-forum. Within its threads you can find announcements, sign-ups, contests, and more!

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Estrellir Konrath on January 18th, 2017, 8:32 am

The grading question has been answered... seems I was mistaken. My bad, Kal! So Dust's threads can be graded too (and I'll do that as soon as I can unless someone beats me to it).
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Ornea on January 19th, 2017, 7:34 pm

I thought I'd answer about quests and moderated threads. In general I'm positive to it, but in fall I let Ornea rest while I tidied up in the CS and got old plots out of my plans and my mind. I understand your question Kal as you've put in the effort to make the calendar and the quests and maybe the response seemed lame. I think the reasons are a combo of the time of the year and the christmas season, and real life demands that takes it's toll.

The Firefly theme : I like it. Why not make this a permanent location on the farming peak instead of just a seasonal thing.

The Dead Eth moderated thread: This seems like a perfect mystery plot for a PC who matches it, Just saying. If it doesn't get off the ground this season it could be made a "teaser" in the winter, and a longer thread could start in spring.

The Knowledge Fayre: This could become a recurrent seasonal event with different knowledge themes per season.

The Vantha Hunt: There has seemed to be people who want to take part in it but for some reason no one dared to jump in? Ornea isn't coming to group quests though, as my writing time is very irregular these days.

The Climatic Change: Great longtime theme if it lasts. Interesting.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Kaleidoscope on January 20th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Thank you all for your feedback!

I came to the same conclusion as you, Ornea, about the response or lack thereof. I wondered if it was because threads were not suited to the players here. Either way, it's good to hear there's at least some interest, even if there are OOC hold-ups. :)

The Knowledge Fayre got somewhat held-back by the Vantha plotline coming in like a wrecking ball, haha. However, I'd be happy to get that going. I like the idea of it being a seasonal thing, but I am always wary of providing too much knowledge for 'free', as I would prefer PCs to discover things by themselves should they want it. One idea I am entertaining is a seasonal research theme: something that the scholars of Lhavit are most particularly pursuing in that season. There could be rewards for PCs that put time into finding things about whatever that topic is. The beauty of that is that it could be anything: for instance, a desire to further the art of poetry, or finding all they can about leatherworking or something.

Yet I'm aware I am awfully fond of gimmicks. :/ So I'm wary of overdoing stuff, whilst also being aware that Lhavit requires attention which I don't feel I've been giving currently, for a variety of reasons. It's an interesting balance! Haha. Anyway, there are about two over-arching plots currently, and one which will be arriving in Spring which is [hopefully] going to be a Kalea thing. You'll see in the Spring calendar about the research theme.

I'll take the advice about small personal plots. It's sensible with the number of players we have here. If anyone has something specific (thanks for the PM Est), then PM away. I sometimes click on the message and might not respond straight away- but I promise, it's probably just because I need to read it over a few times before getting a proper reply up.

---

One more question: what is your current understanding of magic in the city? There has been confusion in the past: I dislike that, and wish to make things clear across the board.

~Kal
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Kaleidoscope on January 20th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Additionally, I'm appreciative of the need to push threads onwards with regular ST posting. I can't promise which specific day I post on, because I have work hours that vary wildly. BUT, I will start posting once a week in whichever modded threads are on the go, starting probably Sunday. ^_^

Happy Friday, folks.

~Kal
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Saej on January 27th, 2017, 5:33 pm

¤

Hey guys! I'll be playing next season and I'll need some moderator assistance for my gnosis quest that Elysium started, but we never got around to finishing. It's for Lykata. Also I have a plan cooked up for my NPC that I may need some assistance with, but that won't be for awhile. Of course I'll have that in my character registry for next season. I'm hoping to be the first PC Seeker! Get ready Lhavit, I'm baaaack!

ImageImage
°*·Speaking in Common|¤|Speaking in Nari|¤|Thoughts·*°
Saej
Spiral Out

Words: 103413
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Kaleidoscope on February 13th, 2017, 9:24 am

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to announce this, but I am stepping down from moderating Lhavit. I told myself I wouldn't do that to this city, but it turns out I'm here to prove myself wrong. There are a few reasons: one is that I have been seriously struggling to get under Lhavit's skin. Another is because I have taken on the re-write of Ahnatep. I feel terrible about this, but I also know that there's not much point trying to force myself. So, here's my apology and notice of resignation.

However! I am still the regional ST of Kalea, and with that comes duties. First and foremost, I an able to offer help, assistance and guidance for any who might wish to step up as moderator. This is very important, as you are all aware by now, when a mod leaves a city that city closes on season change and everyone inside it has to migrate out. Lhavit is no exception, so volunteers would be very appreciated.

Secondly, I will be completing any of the threads that I personally have started. Once finished, they will get graded too. And finally, although I hope it does not come to this, I will begin to think of a reason that everyone in Lhavit might have to migrate out.

Again, my sincerest apologies. Let's enjoy the rest of Winter though and see what happens come Spring.
~Kaleidoscope
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Luminescence on February 26th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Hello, Lhavit!

As I'm sure many of you have heard, Lhavit will be reopening come season change in...*checks watch* 3 days. I look forward to seeing those of you who will be coming to the city, whether new or returning. I know a few PCs were shelved when Lhavit last closed.

Lhavit has been a little bit up and down as of late in regards to STs. I can understand if some of you are apprehensive to see someone new taking the reigns. I will not make any promises, because I don't want to break them, but I will say this; I adore Mizahar, and I adore Lhavit. I am incredibly excited to have the honour of STing, and one of my favourite cities no less. I want to give all of you the writing experiences you deserve, and I want to see Lhavit flourish. So I hope you'll all be willing to put a little bit of trust in me, and either join or return to Lhavit if you feel so inclined. I would be delighted to have you.

So that being said, I do have some fun things planned that I hope you'll all enjoy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM; otherwise, I'll see you in spring!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Luminescence on March 1st, 2018, 2:09 am

The calendar and registry have both been posted; Lhavit is officially open for play!

I look forward to seeing you all. Let's light this city up and get the party started. :D
Luminescence

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Luminescence on March 5th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Hey guys!

I'm glad to see more people registering here! Season start for a new city is usually slow, but now that there are a couple of you I do want to start getting things underway. To that extent I've sent all of your job applications along to the higher-ups for approval, and I'll be posting an event thread in the next few days, so keep your eyes out for that. :D
Luminescence

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Saiyin on March 17th, 2018, 5:52 pm

Hello! I haven't registered to the city registry yet because my character is still a WIP, but I thought I'd say hello, and that I'm keen to get started here. :)
Saiyin
~☆~

Words: 91451
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext