OOC Info [OOC] The Concilium

Home to everything OOC.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Lhavit's development sub-forum. Within its threads you can find announcements, sign-ups, contests, and more!

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Estrellir Konrath on December 8th, 2016, 10:37 pm

No Vantha PCs anyway... and Deliath, if you really wanted to, you could always poison their drinks. :P

No worries, Kal! I'm pretty sure nobody wants you to burn out on us, so take all the time you need to make something good. I'm already pretty excited for this season, so I don't mind waiting a little longer.
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Kaleidoscope on December 23rd, 2016, 12:27 pm

I've been awful slow recently here! *shakes head at self*

However, I think I have got everyone's PMs answered. If I've missed you, please re-send it and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Also, thank you to Ornea for her recent spate of grading- it's much appreciated!

Hope everyone's well. Happy writing!

~Kal

P.S. If it hadn't already been noticed, there is another quest-open this time- about the poor Vantha cleaner and cook of the Solar Winds. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic67656.html This is also where the seasonal clergy are listed.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Estrellir Konrath on December 24th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Thank you for hosting the Lhavit leg of the seasonal plot, Kal! It's so exciting!

That said, how exactly do we participate? Can we simply post IC in the thread you linked? Also, I was wondering where Zintila stands regarding the hunt? As the resident deity, I'm assuming she will have something to say about it.
Estrellir Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Prophet on December 27th, 2016, 4:40 am

Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Thomas Cosa on December 28th, 2016, 2:54 am

^ I wish I could join, but I'll be on vacation then :/ - next time though!

In other news, if anyone would like to plot with me and thread with a bratty mage, send me a PM!

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Estrellir Konrath on January 15th, 2017, 4:12 pm

A note to graders and our ST Kal: I'm pretty sure all valid grade requests posted in the thread have been taken care of. Urkut's thread seems to have been continued despite her grade request (Titus replied to my PM, Urkut herself hasn't yet). Dust still needs to deduct living expenses for Fall, as far as I know, her threads can only be graded after she has done so. (I PMed her as well.)
Estrellir Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Kaleidoscope on January 15th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Here's when grades should and shouldn't be rewarded:
Should
  • If the seasonal expenses are paid in the season the thread was written in,
  • If the PC looks inactive, but is otherwise up to date.
Shouldn't
  • If the seasonal expenses aren't paid in the season the thread was written in,
  • If there are any interventions on the PC's CS,
  • If, during grading, you notice any site rules being broken (such as meta-gamings etc).

I hope that clears things up. Thanks Estrellir and any other graders, as usual, for your work grading in the city. You do an excellent job at keeping the queue small.

Whilst I'm here, I wanted to ask a question or two. What are people's viewpoints on quests and moderated threads currently in Lhavit? Be brutally honest- are they to people's taste, are they too easy, too boring, is there not enough of something or too much of something? What would people like to see in terms of moderated threads?

~Kal
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Estrellir Konrath on January 15th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Hmm, I guess we have a bit of a misunderstanding here, now I'm not sure myself. Here's what the grading guide says:
The second thing to check on the CS is the ledger. If a season-end has passed after they started, make sure their living expenses have been deducted. If it has not, politely PM the PC and ask them to make the change. Do not award any grades until this change has been made.

Before you start to grade, it is vital that you read the CS of the person or persons you are grading for. Make sure the CS is up to date. If it is not, you cannot grade, so send them a polite message that they can't be graded until their CS is corrected.

I always thought the "after they started" part was referring to the PC, not the thread in question. Also, it says the CS should be up to date. Surely that includes their ledger? I know grades were awarded to PCs with outdated CSs before, but those exceptions happened mainly because the list of outstanding grades was just too long (as far as I remember, eg. in Syliras).

As for quests.
Yes please! Haha. I love quests and I love it if they're related to city-wide plots! I'd really enjoy an opportunity to influence Lhavit (politics, but that's just me) as a whole. The Gilded Truths thread is moving slowly, but obviously that's not your fault. Since there aren't many PCs in Lhavit at the moment, I think personalized quests would be a great idea, with just one or two PCs per thread - guess that'd depend on your workload as an ST? If you say that's too much work, I'd totally understand that.

Also, this is OOC and people might disagree, but I think it's a great idea if the ST posts in a quest thread, say, every Saturday or every other Saturday etc. It keeps the thread moving and I know I would be more motivated to post on time. Ideally, threads are finished more quickly and the outcome can be plot fodder for the next season (or maybe more realistically, the one after that).

And I better finish my ramblings here, that's what came to mind. :) In fact I've been meaning to PM you with a thread idea I've been thinking about for a while... some personal character development. I should probably do that.
Estrellir Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Deliath on January 16th, 2017, 2:21 pm

I personally really like quests and moderated threads, but at the moment my university work is taking priority due to deadlines and exams coming up
I also think Del would avoid anything to do with the Vantha hunts as much as possible

I am hoping to get in and post after my exams though
So sorry to everyone I've left in the lurch
I thought I'd posted but it turns out I hadn't
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus

Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Velho on January 16th, 2017, 2:40 pm

hello friends! if you'd like to interact with velho just hit me up with a thread or pop in at any time :D
otherwise i have no idea what i am going to do with her
Velho
la gazza ladra

Words: 17942
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2016, 9:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

PreviousNext