OOC Info Spring 517 Registry and Calendar

Register here to play in Sahova for the season

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Spring 517 Registry and Calendar

Postby Languish on March 2nd, 2017, 3:52 pm

Spring517 AV Character Registry and Calendar

Calendar :
1st: The Spring season begins with a windstorm so fierce that the Watchtower flares flicker and dance. The New Year is welcomed with an uncharacteristicly festive Reimancy show, given in the Testing Grounds.

4th: The Council of Five quietly boards four scouts onto a ship headed for the mainland to retrieve portions of the fallen star for research purposes. (Quest)
Details forthcoming.

8th: Windstorms cease, followed by a long dry spell. Water and Ice Reimancers find their projects halted.

20th: Judgements are held.

25th: As waterlines retreat in the drought, the remains of a large ship are revealed. Treasure is reported to be trapped inside. (Quest)

36th: Rain finally starts again, temporarily flooding the Testing Grounds for the day. Mudslides are predicted.

40th: Judgements are held.

57th: A mysterious woman arrives alone by boat, claiming to be able to tell the future. She sells fortunes for 10 GM per person.
Contact Languish for details.

80th: Judgements are held.

91st: The first season of the year ends, and Spring changes to Summer.

Rules for Claiming Events:
Events may be claimed for use by any character.
Those who claim an event must provide a link in my office within 72 hours or forfeit their claim.
Quests shall be applied for in my office using the moderated thread request form.

Challenges:
- Backwoods by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- I'm Tired of My Life by David Bowie
- I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift
- ImageImage Description: Dragonfly resting on white flower
- ImageImage Description: Chest of treasure open underwater
- ImageImage Description: Two acrobats (1 male and 1 female) practice balance on a unicycle.
- "Envy blinds men and makes it impossible for them to think clearly." - Malcom X
- "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be." - Edgar Allan Poe

This season, we will be using a new form of prompts for the seasonal challenges. We will use multiple forms of media, including songs, quotes, and photos for this season. They work as normal, in that you must complete 6 for the city's medal, and 2 must be completed with another PC. For songs and quotes, the words may be included in the dialogue, used as a title, or acted out during the thread. Photos may be used in any capacity, whether they set the scene, illustrate a portion of the thread, or simply inspire an activity. These prompts are meant to be inspiration, so they are flexible in their interpretation.

Please register here if you plan to play in Sahova this season. Currently, you do not have to be allowed into the Citadel. The doors are open to all new residents and to visitors. I do, however, ask that you post in The Harbor before beginning roleplay if you are arriving. Below are two forms- one for new players and characters new to Sahova, and one for players returning to Sahova. Please be sure you have the right form.

New Players:
Code: Select all
[center]New [/center][b]Name, Nicknames, Alias:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Reason for Coming to Sahova:[/b] What drew you here? Both IC and OOC.
[B]Date of Arrival:[/b]
[b]Field of Specialization or Occupation:[/b] Maledictor, Summoner, Undertaker, Poisoncrafter, etc.
[b]Favorite Aspect of Sahova:[/b] A location, piece of lore, another player/PC, etc.
[b]Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded:[/b] Same as above.
[b]Goals for the Season:[/b] What are you trying to accomplish?
[B]Questions and Comments:[/b]

Returning Players:
Code: Select all
[center]Returning[/center][b]Name, Nicknames, Alias:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[B]Reason for Being In Sahova:[/b] IC and OOC. Why are you here?
[B]Duration of Stay:[/b] How long have you been here and how long will you stay?
[b]Field of Specialization or Occupation:[/b] Maledictor, Summoner, Undertaker, Poisoncrafter, etc.
[b]Favorite Thread From Last Season:[/b] Whatever season you were last active. Doesn't have to be from Sahova.
[B]Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded:[/b] What do you want to see developed?
[b]Goals for the Season:[/b] What are you trying to accomplish?
[B]Questions and Comments:[/b]
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Benare Nitrozian on March 2nd, 2017, 6:37 pm

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias:Benare Nitrozian, Ben/Mr. Nitrozian(Formal)
Race: Human
Reason for Being In Sahova: OOC: Working out things with Clyde at the moment. IC: To learn some more magic and find some of the targets listed in the Captains Journal for Job Threads. (Note: Still working on them)
Duration of Stay: That is really questionable...
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Mercenary (Working on being a Magecrafter)
Favorite Thread From Last Season: "Make a Wish." Quest
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: I have seen a lack of buildings, I think Sahova might be missing a few things...
Goals for the Season: Become a Wizard and improve more on fighting skills.
Questions and Comments: She Sells Sea Shells at the Sea Shore. XD

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Corvus Bubon on March 2nd, 2017, 9:16 pm

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Corvus Bubon
Race: Nuit
Reason for Being In Sahova: I'm in sahova because Corvus doesn't want to have to kill to acquire bodies and because it is the best place for him to hone his skills.
Duration of Stay: I have been here for 2 seasons already and intend to stay until I have recieved rank 1 Vayt Gnosis or rank 2 if I can manage to hide rank 1.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Maledictor, Undertaker, Poisoncrafter. In his previous life Corvus had already gained skills in embalming the dead, and now in in his new life he is perfecting malediction and poisoncrafting. Corvus is trained in Animation but won't focus on it until he has gotten to atleast competent in Malediction
Favorite Thread From Last Season: Malediction: What Rat Bones Tell Us Although a thread i'm grandfathering in may end up my favorite.
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Flora, specifically fungi.
Goals for the Season: Judgement thread. Also skilling up Malediction and Poisoncrafting.
Questions and Comments:If anyone kills something and doesn't know what to do with it I'd be happy to maledict it!
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Words: 28890
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2016, 1:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 3rd, 2017, 1:44 am

Returning

Name, Nicknames, Alias: Clyde Sullins
Race: Human, living
Reason for Being In Sahova: Being a Wizard(the rank), and doing wizard biz.
Duration of Stay: Unclear- quest/plot dependent.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Magecrafting, Glyphing, Reimancy, Auristics- works as a Magecrafter.
Favorite Thread From Last Season: Creatures from Beyond
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Monsters/flaura/fauna, magic stuff hiding about.
Goals for the Season: Find something magical, make something magical, gain power, plot, amass, learn, rinse, repeat.
Questions and Comments: Knowledge, magic, and work. Now if only it had a decent food court, this place wouldn't be so bad...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sayana on March 3rd, 2017, 4:25 am

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Sayana
Race: Eypharian
Reason for Being In Sahova: OOCly, the magic is enticing. ICly... to be honest she doesn't have much of a reason other than that Clyde is here. Though she's enjoying it and the sense of adventure that comes along with exploring a new place.
Duration of Stay: Depends on personal plots and inter-character plots.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Currently a Warden Initiate with a side specialty in hypnotism
Favorite Thread From Last Season: I enjoyed both Creature from Beyond and Thorn in Your Side
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: I'd love to see more failed and successful magic creations. Especially things that feel like a permanent fixture. Even something like a magecrafted fountain with water reimancy that makes the water go the opposite way (more of an Alvadas illusion, but you get the idea).
Goals for the Season: Develop her position as a Warden Initiate and hopefully lead the star escapade. Also develop her magic and wilderness skills in general.
Questions and Comments: Love the new style of seasonal challenges.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Faradae on March 3rd, 2017, 8:07 pm

New

Name, Nicknames, Alias: Faradae (short: Fara)
Race: Kelvic
Reason for Coming to Sahova: Fara never technically enters Sahova, just (hopefully) the Sahovan fallen-star-investigational party.
Date of Arrival: (I'll go with the date she'd meet the party here:) Between the 29th and 35th.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Courier
Favorite Aspect of Sahova: I like Sahova's "feeling" alot, if that makes any sense. It seems both magical and...gloomy? It's a little hard to describe.
Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded: I've nothing much to complain about yet. Let me get to know the city a little more in depth before I start making suggestions.
Goals for the Season: I am curious about the fallen star!
Questions and Comments: As mentioned above, this signup is a little theoretical.

Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Belugnir on March 4th, 2017, 12:10 am

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Einar Belugnir
Reason for Being In Sahova: OOC: Slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) working on that whole grumpy-one-man-army concept. IC: Well, the bugger is sort of shipwrecked and whatnot with no means nor courage of trying to go back.
Duration of Stay: Been around for the better half of winter I think, no idea when leaving will take place.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Warden Initiate.
Favorite Thread From Last Season: Due to a lack of effort to write anything memorable, I don't really have one.
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Still getting well acquainted with the place, actually.
Goals for the Season: A lot of villain-in-the-making things. Making a one man army, thank you very much.
Questions and Comments: Boopety Boop.
Last edited by Belugnir on March 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Alija on March 4th, 2017, 10:04 pm

Returning

Name, Nicknames, Alias: Alija Piper
Reason for Being In Sahova: To learn alchemy and learn about the forge
Duration of Stay: Been here since last season, staying at least until she is competent enough at alchemy to have her own lab
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Alchemy is her focus, while her skill lies in auristics
Favorite Thread From Last Season: All of them?
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Wizard politics and all that nonsense
Goals for the Season: Alchemy up to competent, hopefully
Questions and Comments: I love the seasonal challenges! :)
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aerius on March 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias:Aerius, Crow
Race:Nuit/Chained One.
Reason for Being In Sahova: IC: Because of the fact that Aerius has lived here for centuries... OOC: I like magic, and research, and stuff..
Duration of Stay: Forever.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Reimancer, Magecrafter.
Favorite Thread From Last Season: N/a
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Perhaps more fauna and flora?
Goals for the Season: Developing a relationship with other Wizards?
Questions and Comments: Hope to thread with ye' lot.
Last edited by Aerius on May 27th, 2017, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Aerius, as a Chained One projects an unnatural aura of unease, “wrongness”, Fear, and discomfort. Anyone who happens to be nearby will likely experience one of the feelings above; both people and Animals have a tendency to avoid him under normal circumstances.
Aerius
The Immortal Sorcerer

Words: 44527
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2016, 7:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Drake Kasparov on May 24th, 2017, 12:30 am

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Drake Kasparov/ Drake Snowsong
Race: Vantha
Reason for Being In Sahova: IC: Drake wishes to master Magic. OOC: I mostly do what Drake tells me.
Duration of Stay:I’ve been inactive for a while. I plan to be around a while.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Reimancy
Favorite Thread From Last Season: n/a
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded:Wizarding Politics!
Goals for the Season: Varied, really want to establish IC connections with other Wizards.
Questions and Comments:Stay Cool, guys
Drake Kasparov
The Iceman Cometh

Words: 25882
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 2:31 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets