OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Spring 522 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Spring 522 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2022, 11:42 pm

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in The Spring of 522 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots. It is important to not give generic answers but to be very specific and thoughtful responses.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has?
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.
  7. What are your character goals this season?
  8. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  11. Why did you pick Syka?
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?
  13. What does your PC add to Syka?
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  15. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Tell us one fear your PC has?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract.[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?  If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What is your favorite thing about Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What does your PC add to Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/center][/list][/left][/box]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Oralie on March 2nd, 2022, 3:39 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Oralie
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 3, Female, Kelvic (appears to be early 20's)
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has? Being held against her will/captured/forced into seritude. That sort of thing.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? She has a job and coin.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Oralie is a quiet but friendly Kelvic. She's excited about most things and always happy to help people and learn anything that she can. She's a little shy, but once you become her friend she is much chattier!

7. What are your character goals this season? Really get to work on Syka skills now Or is settled. Meet some more PC's. Have Or spend time as an ocelot finally. Pottery.
    ?
    No. She has a few at novice.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Gained some WS, not sure how much yet, hopefully at least 5. Gained some shortbow (weapon skill), should have gained some current tradeskill (cooking/cleaning), should get more ws and foraging once threads are finished.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Absoloutely.

11. Why did you pick Syka? The concept is just so much fun. Deadly jungle + permanent beach holiday = perfect.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? At the moment, the other PC's here. I had a blast last season.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? A curious mind and a pure heart. Someone who is willing and able to do anything to help her community. Also eventually anything that can be made of clay.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Unsure at the moment.
  15. Additional Comments? I had so much fun threading last season and would love to thread with more PC's (outpost works too) so please message me and we can plot :)
Oralie
meow

Words: 205630
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2021, 3:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Naadiya on March 2nd, 2022, 10:38 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Naadiya Anvari Lisuli
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 27, on the 12th. Female. Benshira Svefra Mixed human
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has?Big snakes
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?Have a job as a weaver with the Swiftwaters
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.Naadiya can be hesitant with new people but loves to laugh, and drink and dance. She's still looking for a clue as to where her father is.
  7. What are your character goals this season?Maybe have a house built. Take a trip into the jungle!
    ?
    Not all, just some weapon and wilderness survival
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Mostly trade skills, Naadiya has not ventured outside of the settlement yet
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?Yes
  11. Why did you pick Syka?Svefra Hot spot
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? Its a pseudo-nudist community
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? a feisty desert weaver who loves to sing
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?TBD
  15. Additional Comments?
Naadiya
Player

Words: 338062
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2022, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Moritz Craven on March 3rd, 2022, 12:56 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Moritz Craven
  2. Age, Sex, Race? Male, 3 (Appears around 19-20), Okomo Kelvic
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has? Fear of never being of use/highly skilled in anything.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Have a job, fine on coin.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. A somewhat narrow sighted Okomo Kelvic who is blunt but well meaning, and always learning to train and learn.
  7. What are your character goals this season? Work on his combat and WS skills.
    ?
    Not yet, working on it getting to the required level.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Raised his trade skills cooking around 10 xp (pending grades) and WS 3-5 (pending grades).
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes, and planning to work on it this season.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? The people, plots, places, and some schemes.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? The locations, each in depth and making me want to explore them IC.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? An odd smile, a somewhat decent cook, and an aspiring warriro and woodsman.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Possibly for some housing/building stuff, otherwise not needed.
  15. Additional Comments? Looking forward to the new season and testing out the new plots/curses to come. DM me on Discord for threads/plottings!
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on March 3rd, 2022, 2:33 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 53 year old Female Isur
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident.
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has? Failure
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I have enough to support myself for the time being.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Awkward with difficulty socializing with others. Knowledgeable and intelligent yet cryptic and obscure. Faithful and highly religious yet questioning and doubtful.
  7. What are your character goals this season? Expand knowledge in survival as well as delve more into magical pursuits. Perhaps visit the Outpost.
  8. Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]? Not yet but I'm getting close.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Wilderness survival was increased by 15 points.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  11. Why did you pick Syka? Love the atmosphere and development.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? The attention to detail.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? The most powerful World Mage alive.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? TBA
  15. Additional Comments?
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on March 3rd, 2022, 4:21 am

[
Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Alexandra
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    26, female, Inarta
    Spiders!
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? She has coin but would like a job. Preferably working with food or medicine.
    She is hard working and headstrong. Shes can be a awkward around people but does not like the idea of being alone.
    Get to know a few of the residents.
    Become competent with a short bow.
    Spend more time learning about plants.
    ?
    No. She is working towards it.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Gained some shortbow (weapon skill) 3 and a point in WS.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes I do. Still learning just how far away everything is.
    Its filled with unlimited possibilities.
    Just how vast it is. Every place you look something new is waiting.
    A wanting to learn. Shes pretty good at blowing glass and makes a decent lip balm.
    Unknown.
  15. Additional Comments?I'm looking forward to being cursed.
Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on March 3rd, 2022, 5:32 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
    • Tazrae
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    • 25, Female, Human
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
    • Resident
    • She fears her Grandfather will find her or someone she loves.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
    • I'm the resident Innkeeper.
    • Tazrae is a gentle Innkeeper that loves to cook and care for people. She is extroverted and prone to long strolls in the jungle which she can't seem to love enough.
    • They are honestly too long to list. But building a house is a top priority.
    ?

• After grades, she will have most of them yes. WS is at M.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
    • Hunting, Foraging... this season I will work on Carpentry/Construction.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
    • I have them.
    • Endless ways to take plots, honestly, in a beautiful setting.
    • Currently I'm loving the Ixams.
    • She cooks! Come get fed!
    • I don't need a mod this season.
  15. Additional Comments?
    • I'm open to meeting new people! And I'm open to lots of threads.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on March 3rd, 2022, 10:38 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Shiress

2. Age, Sex, Race? 31, female, human

3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? New resident, arriving in the care of a long-time friend of a friend.

4. Tell us one fear your PC has? The Ebonstryfe! Oh, and spiders

5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I'm okay right now

6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Shiress, in all ways, is a caregiver. She's quiet and observant, and has many scars, both physical and mental, that run deep.

7. What are your character goals this season? Aquaint myself with Syka and her many, wonderful players

8. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: N+ (16xp)
    Weapon: N+
    Hunting: 0+
    Foraging: 0+
    Carpentry: 0+
    Construction: 0+
    ?

9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are
    pending grades, guestimations are fine.
    None so far

10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is
    certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.

Do you understand this?
    Yes, I do

11. What is your favorite thing about Syka? So far, the seclusion

12. What does your PC add to Syka? Hopefully healing skills and a cute little toddler

13. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? I'm open to anything

14. Additional Comments? Looking forward to meeting all the Syka writers and introducing you all to one very crazy doctor

A
Last edited by Shiress on March 4th, 2022, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shade on March 3rd, 2022, 10:58 pm

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Shadekas. But call me Shade.
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 35, Male, Human
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident, new, came by The Veronica.
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has? He doesn't want to let family and friends down.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I'll need a job.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Shadekas is a very laid-back ex-Nykan Monk who got tired of the thug life the monks lead in Nyka and left the order to assist his adoptive brother's family.
  7. What are your character goals this season? Protect Shiress.
    ?

No, but I'll work on them.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. I wasn't here last season.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes, completely.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? Shiress is here.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? It's not Nyka.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? He's actually got a decent sense of humor and might be able to drink Stu under the table.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Low Key.
  15. Additional Comments? I'll take a curse but I might have to borrow some wordcount from elsewhere to get rid of it.
Shade
The Black Opal.

Words: 215158
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2011, 7:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Cleon on March 3rd, 2022, 11:03 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Cleon
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 18, Male, Human
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? I hope to be a resident, I came here via ship during the current season.
  4. Tell us one fear your PC has? Losing control
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Yes, I would like a job as a common laborer if that is possible once I have done the solo introduction thread.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. He's not keen on trusting the word of anyone. He prefers to judge by a person's actions and results he can physically see and interact with. While not a particularly cold individual, he's also not very good at small talk and tries to keep to himself when he can help it.
  7. What are your character goals this season?To find meaningful work, and to work on locating a spot for a future home.
    Carpentry: N +
    ?
    Carpentry yes, though the other skills I need to work on asap
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  11. Why did you pick Syka? There is something about the culture around the settlement that draws me in, plus it fits in well with what I have in mind for my character.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? Honestly, I think it is the player characters, an the way they are working together to make a homestead for themselves.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? I hope to add a unique perspective as my character tries to fit in with the hustle and bustle of daily life.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Unsure at the moment, but feel free to step in, I roll with the punches.
  15. Additional Comments?
Cleon
Player

Words: 492860
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2022, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Next