[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon I

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon

Postby Gossamer on September 5th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Trucker Mouth

I should really apologize for the amount of f'bombs and b'words in that last post. But .... I can't stop laughing long enough to do so.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 5th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Amusing HD Ticket
(I highlighted everywhere she lied.)

Grading Concerns

Post by Kailey on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:16 am
Hi there folks!

Sorry to bother you in my first day as a grader. As to be expected, with the newness I may interpret some things differently than a more experienced grader, just as I may miss a thing or two, and not know that nightmares should be included in the injury pile. I may also confuse a few things as skills as I have seen them on other CS and not know they are skills, this is bound to happen. Just as I am bound to get feedback while I am learning the ropes.

I just didn't expect to wake up this morning and find everything that I did last night, essentially, deleted, and some messages in my inbox telling me I'm not doing everything right. This is really hurtful. I feel like an unhappy threader should come to me and be like... I think you missed X, or you might have forgotten Y, and I could go back and look at the thread, and review it with a fresh set of eyes, and then make my judgments.

But this didn't happen. I didn't save those grades, and I put in a lot of my time, (when I don't have to, I am not required to do this), for what I deem to be entirely nothing. I understand that it is a moderator's job and right to go through grades and make sure things are fair. I also understand that it is the right of the gradee to look at his grades and tell me they may not be right. But I don't think the deletions are fair, any more than them being from the person I am grading. The emails I also deem unfair- as I feel like I am being strong armed, (or trying to be strongarmed), into a grade I don't feel a player deserves. I believe to warrant experience, (especially when you have the skill at any level really), you need to write it out a certain amount, and actually USE or DO the thing in question, not just say s/he unsheathed something. I don't feel like you should be awarding experience for a few sentences of use, especially when they are not detailed, especially given that the grading lore states several things about the importance of detail, and how it should be awarded differently.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

So... everywhere I bolded you lied. You aren't a new grader, and frankly the DS that deleted your grades was doing the right thing absolutely because I had to go through the whole game (and still am) and delete your BAD GRADES. Why? You took on average 5 - 10 minutes to grade a thread that some ranged in the 5k-9k range. How do I know? Posts are time stamped. And when your grading it time stamps your posts. I don't think you saved up all your grades then posted them at once.

Don't lie. Don't throw a hardworking staffer under the bus on my watch. I edited out all the VERY POLITE pms you included and your further whining about how unfair it was this DS picked on you. He was RIGHT to pick on you. Just because you pass a grader exam when I'm away doesn't mean you are a grader.

YOU DON'T GET TO INTERPRET HOW YOU GRADE. You grade how the guide says you need to grade. And frankly, you had a standard award... most everyone got +5 Observation and +5 Rhetoric if it was a social thread. Then you added a scattering of magic awards (for Sahova mages even who busted it) and skimped on every aspect. I'm sorry, but when a veteran staffer takes the time to regrade three of your grades randomly to check them, then there's issues when he finds his grades different than your grades.

Players didn't go to you because they didn't trust you. They came to me and to staffers. Why? The way you carried yourself. Your arrogant hurt entitled attitude is a huge turn off, and when I found out a new DS took it upon himself to ask you NOT to grade in his Domain, I knew there definitely was a problem.

If I find any more of these things, I'm sharing them as well. I want people to know just how big of a liar you are. Oh... and did I mention skank? Yea. I deleted your scrapbook too. I hope your REALLY mad. Cause I'm sure the people that wanted me to approve their HD tickets today instead of delete your grades.... are just as mad. :P

Time is time. Stop wasting ours.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 5th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Correction

Fable wants me to know that Alvadas isn't a quirky city, but that ITS A GOOD CITY. Sorry. I didn't meant to put down the glorious goodness that is Alvadas.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fable on September 5th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Fable flexes his muscles/

It is a good city.

:)
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Tribal on September 6th, 2015, 2:35 am

O H S N A P
Tribal's a Bully

Damn straight, I am a pit-bull with a bone when it comes to my city, why? Because I work my butt off for Endrykas! I am a little blunt, agreed, but when the message is important and I spend four hours regrading something you spent 15 minutes on (if that), I know something is wrong. All I ask is quality over quantity and if that upsets you, get out of my city, why? Because I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, my players deserve better.

I offered to train you up; I offered to spend hours going through grades with you. I deleted four of your grades that were posted five minutes apart, but left the remaining ones up to tackle with you. You came back and deleted the remaining grades including the ones I had spent hours going through to help you out with, so I told you to stay out of my city. Don’t waste my time, and more importantly, don’t waste Gossamer’s time.

It’s called a reward system, not a punishment system.

Write On!
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 8th, 2015, 1:54 am

Being Who You Are

It kinda makes me chuckle that some of you are offended by my words in my scrap. Stop reading it if that's your issue. Log off. Find somewhere else to play or something less offensive to your sensibilities. This is life. There's always going to be things you don't like, actions you don't approve of, and people you don't care for. You have no right to complain about someone else expressing themselves in a place they are able to express themselves... a place designed for it. You are beyond hypocritical if you take offense at my policy for being transparent and candid when someone is booted off this site. Why do I do it? It stops the gossip. It halts the speculation. It calms down the masses because more often than not the rumors are nothing close to the truth.

I defend this game from shitheads. I always have. I quietly shoo the crazy off and keep them off. And when they come back filled with lies and idiocy, then I expose them like I did Kailey and Tony. It is what it is. You can't spread HATE about this site on public websites all over the web and not expect us to catch wind of it. And if you hate that bad, got banned, and sneak back over and over what does that say about you?

And yet... most people refuse to even acknowledge that's an issue. Instead they are worried about my use of profane language in my scrap. Get over yourselves. Those that are casting judgement are often the worst offenders at judging folks.

If you play nice and follow the rules, I'll leave you alone, or even cheer you on. I always have. We have a site full of those folks. If you start toying with people, causing drama, or lying and bringing ooc to ic, then this is not the site for you. Try social media; facebook, myspace, twitter, youtube. :)

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 10th, 2015, 3:19 am

Seriously? Yes.

I'm just going to stare at this guy for a while and find my zen after the series of messages I just got. Back a week, been busting it on Goss to get caught up, and having had to deal with a few shitheads.... I then post ONE POST for my PC, get a reply, and post again....

And as usual... a dozen people jump me for not doing for them on Goss before I even think about posting for my PC. I need a happy place. Magic wands make me happy.

Yea. I don't mind solving problems. I honestly don't. You got problems, I'll help. But don't bother me when I finally get a chance to write.... with little things.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on September 10th, 2015, 4:01 am

I'm starting to get why storytellers don't want people to know the names of their player characters. It kinda pisses me off that people bug storytellers when they take a moment to thread, it's the major reason why people don't want to become storytellers.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 12th, 2015, 3:55 am

Just a quick note. I got SUPER BUSY the last two days. Tomorrow morning is my last work day in that big spree, and then I get a day off. I should get caught up. I also might have some awesome pics from a Tractor Supply opening where they invited my bee club (the one I started) to come and be part of the festivities. We're taking an observation hive to talk to folks about bees and let kids have some hands-on. I'm going from work directly there. :) Then... after two... I should be home. Whoo.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on September 12th, 2015, 4:20 am

AWESOME... Enough said I think heh.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes