OOC Info [Lhavit OOC] The Stars Above

Stop in here to say hello, meet other players and chat about all things Lhavit!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Lhavit OOC] The Stars Above

Postby Dariel on November 30th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Will do. Thanks for the speedy clarification and offer of help.
Dariel
Rime and Reason

Words: 98432
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2012, 10:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Phoenix on December 1st, 2012, 8:47 am

Hello and Welcome to Winter!

I hope everyone is recovering from NaNo by now. No more looking at word counts or feverishly typing away into the wee hours of the night! Give your fingers a rest! And even if you didn't participate or complete the Miz NaNo goal of 50k, congrats anyway for putting up with all your fellow players belly aching and excuses during the November month ;)

I have changed everything over for the season of Winter, 512!

This also means that if you haven't created any placeholders, you can no longer post for the season of Fall 512! Wages are also due to be submitted so make sure to send me a PM with the appropriate information so that I can award you your money!!

Here is the new news thread, with information on what you need in order to earn your pay. Don't forget to subscribe to this thread. It's very important if you want to keep up on the latest and the greatest things going down in the city! If you have never subscribed before, scroll to the very bottom of any thread and there will be a "Subscribe thread" option. This not only allows Miz to send you an E-mail alert when a thread has been replied too, but it also makes for easy access since it appears in the "Subscribed Threads" link up at the top near your new messages counter and user control panel is located :)

Here is the new calendar and thread goals for Winter of 512! Check out the different events happening on the different days as well as participate in the 12 thread challenges!

And finally, since I only posted the Character Registry only a little bit ago, I simply changed it from Fall to Winter so that you all wouldn't have to re-post your information so soon. :) Anyone new to the city for the Winter season should post here ASAP!

Please continue to post any threads that you want graded either in the Lhavit Request thread or the Wind Reach Request thread. I won't be posting a new Lhavit grading thread with updated information until the current one is cleaned out.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Johanne on December 4th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Hiya lovelies,

I just had a question about the Season Goals. I was a little confused by this:

Thread goals may be combined into the same thread or may be done in twelve separate threads. They also must be completed in order to receive credit, but they don't need to be completed in the same season; basically, finish it eventually and you'll get credit!

Does this mean that I need to write each thread, one after the other, following the order of the goals listed there? I just want to make sure, so that I do it right. :)
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh
Johanne
These scars are stories.

Words: 168999
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2012, 8:48 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Phoenix on December 4th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Wow, I wrote that up terribly!! Nope that's my fault with bad wording. Ill fix it.

I just meant they ALL must be completed to get credit, all 12 challenges listed :)

Thread goals may be combined into the same thread or may be done in twelve separate threads, but all twelve goals must be present in order to receive credit. Threads need not be completed in the month they are posted in. Instead they simply need to be finished in some way or another to count.

Edit: Fixed it!
Phoenix

Office
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Haeli on December 4th, 2012, 4:47 pm

Phoenix, in case no one else tells you, your posts for Lhavit are so beautiful they make me sigh in absolute soul-deep pleasure and stare at them forever. They really do. Thank you for stepping in. You're making this city amazingly fun again and bringing some of us back that were on the virge of loosing hope about it.

Also, I'm doing a hotsprings for Lhavit but I'm looking for just the right image before I post it. I need to find a spring or lake with stars reflected in them. I'm having the worst time so I might have to make an image. Anyone seen anything?

And who else is going to try and do the thread challenge? I know I will.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alses on December 4th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Definitely going to try and do the thread challenge :) I'll keep an eye out for sufficiently pretty pictures for the hotsprings (which I have long felt Lhavit has been lacking :p ) . I'm in the middle of changing the philtering shop writeup to differentiate it more from Haeli's shop, too.
Alses
Lady Magesmith

Words: 1556681
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sharyths on December 5th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Just wandering the streets, Looking for a place to work, things to see, people to eat. I'm trying to control my hunger, but the urges are so strong. I can do it, the folks here look so friendly and clean.
Sharyths
Player

Words: 8209
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2012, 10:03 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Phoenix on December 11th, 2012, 12:00 am

Stargazers!

I've been slowly working my way through all of the requests and adding up some of the wonderful submissions to the development thread! I'm so excited to see everyone getting up an active again!

Also, Welcome Whimsy to Kalea! She will be floating around and poking her head in everywhere, helping me out with the entire region! Be nice to her or I will burn you. :)

On a different note, I've retired the old grading thread and posted a new one.

I would greatly, greatly appreciate it if anything outstanding in the old thread is transfered into the new one. You can simply copy and paste your post, and that way we can just move on and start afresh!

On ANOTHER similar note, I have also added a section to the NEW grading thread for submitting Seasonal Wages. I have had a couple PM's for Fall wages and I've dealt with them accordingly, but from now on, post your quests here. I get a lot of PM's and it is really easy for stuff to get lost. If you have submitted a Salary request to me and you HAVEN'T received a PM back with your earnings detailed, please please resubmit it here because it means I lost the PM :( and I am sorry for that ahead of time.
Phoenix

Office
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Whimsy on December 11th, 2012, 12:48 am

Hello hello!

I'm Whimsy, floating AS of Kalea. I'll be working in all of Kalea but I'm starting out with special attention to Lhavit and Wind Reach, so I'm always just a PM away for any questions or queries you may have.

I have my office set up with processes re: grading & modding if you'd like to take a look.

I'll be working on the backlog of Lhavitian threads to be graded, so don't worry: if you posted in the old grading thread, you can move them over to the new one and I'll get to them asap.

I'm looking forward to building beautiful stories with you all!

- Whimsy.

PS: I promise my templates will get more pretty soon. :(

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dariel on December 11th, 2012, 2:29 am

Welcome, Whimsy.

I keep wanting to write something encouraging but for the life of me I can't think of anything. So I'll just apologize for everything that is to come.

I'm so sorry.
Dariel
Rime and Reason

Words: 98432
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2012, 10:10 am
Character sheet
Journal

PreviousNext