Open [Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

The end of the night party commences on Riverfall's docks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

Postby Rinya on November 4th, 2013, 11:17 pm

Day 68, Season Fall, 513 AV

Rinya wasn’t entirely sure if she was miserable or just grumpy. Or could she actually be both at the same time? It was kind of hard to tell, seeing as she did not feel even slightly like herself. From head to toe she was primped and layered in clothing, make up and perfume that reeked over someone else and not herself. Like she had crawled into a shell of someone else and no one would know who she was even if she screamed it out load for everyone to hear. So despite the beauty of the whole thing, she was most certainly not feeling it.

Her long strapless black dress tinted with gold reflected the faint light of the torches. But it was her eyes that just added to her general unhappiness as well. She had poor vision in low light, and that meant one major thing. She needed the help of Rhys just to get to this petching party. Once there was more light, it would help, but at the moment she was clinging to his arm and squinting as she tried to pick her way down the street. There wasn’t likely to be anything in the way to make her fall—and Rhys had such a tight grip on her waist even if she tripped she wouldn’t topple over, but it was the principal of the point. She didn’t rely on people—okay she only allowed herself to rely on one person. And Rhys was not that person.

If Rhys noticed her surly attitude he didn’t mention it. A wise choice in her opinion really. In the last few weeks he had been tormenting her—and even once Jorin—about this party, but he was actually being fairly well behaved, for himself. His hand did not wander from her waist, and he actually smiled at her like a gentleman, instead of his usual smirk that told her he had all sorts of trouble on his mind. And for as well as she knew Rhys she knew one thing—this was actually very bad. This was a charming side of Rhys she wasn’t used to. Didn’t know how to deal with it. He was being kind and considerate—keeping his babbling mouth shut and traded cocky innuendoes for genuine affection.

Sighing to herself, Rinya tried to figure out his angle. At the beach, Rhys had made Jorin so uncomfortable leaving it to her mate’s mind what he might try. Either he was holding off until they made it to the party—or Rhys was actually trying to win her over instead of wearing her down to be his Nakivak. Perhaps trying to show her that he could be just as attentive as Jorin was. Which she already knew by his bedside manner when she had been injured. Seymantis of course had been no help however when she tried to pry out information. That worried her all the more.

Rinya knew Jorin was already present when they reached the pier. She hadn’t spotted him, but she could feel his emotions and his natural pull he had towards her. Unintentional and very faint, but always there. ”Rinya?” She glanced upwards at Rhys’ gentle question. She hadn’t realized she had zoned out while trying to locate Jorin in the better light. ”I’m sorry what?” Rhys frowned for a moment before shaking his head. ”Would you like something to drink?”

Shaking her head slightly, Rhys released the tight grip on her waist and shifted it—oddly enough—upwards. Landing squarely on the exposed bare skin of her upper back. The touch caused a shiver to pass through her skin, but not exactly of pleasure. More of surprise. She raised a brow at him and Rhys just shrugged at her, smiling lightly at her as he lead her towards several of the other guardsmen from the Warren. Well at least the small talk would be easy enough to handle. ”Hello boys.” Rinya smiled genuinely at her co workers. ”Well you look nice Rinya… very feminine.” One of the guards she didn’t even know the name to commented and Rhys just grinned brighter. Rinya rolled her eyes and ignored the conversation Rhys started up with them in favor of looking out for Jorin.

And her eyes landed on her prize quite quickly actually. Jorin stood with a girl—with the light she assumed it was Kirsi—and someone else she couldn’t quite make out. But it seemed like their skin seemed to reflect the light. Which struck her as completely odd actually. But there was a muted jealousy flowing through her veins. Not over the fact that Kirsi could win Jorin over—Jorin loved her she knew that—but the fact she didn’t get to be on his arm. It would have made her mood so much better. Instead of leaving her feeling like a glass figurine that might break at the wrong blast of wind.

Huffing to herself, Rinya’s fingers came up to twirl in her lightly curled hair piled over her left shoulder. It would do no good to completely focus on Jorin the end—she might as well let herself join in conversation. Otherwise Jorin would notice her unhappiness more so than it was now. ”Rinya would you like to dance before they announce the Queen?” Resisting the urge to groan, she let go of her hair, and placed her black gloved hand into Rhys. ”Might as well.” At least it wasn’t a question about her joining him in a dark corner or beach alone.
Rinya
Socially Awkward Sea Hawk

Words: 658547
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 1:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jorin Ertihan on November 4th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Farline Darfi (NPC) :

Uleru seemed so happy that he offered to dance with her. Had it really been that bad for her? Why wouldn't anyone else dance with her? She was a nice person, you just needed to get to know her, that was all! Jorin genuinely couldn't understand why no one would have been willing to dance with her. Was it just because she wasn't human?

That couldn't be it, could it? It just didn't register in his mind why anyone would reject the fun-loving Otani, just because she looked a bit different. So what if she glowed a bit and was somewhat transparent? Rinya turned into an Osprey, and he had no problems with that! Jorin sighed a bit. It made no sense to him, but perhaps that was for the best.

However, before anything could be done, someone else joined the party. It was Kirsi, wearing a flowing green dress and what appeared to be a shimmering veil which turned out to be fairly well-applied makeup. She certainly looked very pretty in the low light, and Jorin felt torn. He could not rescind his offer to Uleru, but he was obligated to go with Kirsi as she was his date for this event. Fortunately, the Otani released him from his obligation, and he smiled at her gratefully.

"I'm glad you made it back here, safe and sound," he replied, though he had to admit, his heat skipped a beat when she said she'd jumped off the waterfall. The Otani must truly be remarkable beings. Any other being, even the aquatic Konti and Charoda, he was sure, would have died from such an act. "I will definitely seek you out later!"

With that, he turned to Kirsi, offering his arm for her to take. Truth be told, Jorin really felt very bad for not offering her one of his beads, although unfortunately he still could not bring himself to regret the decision. "You certainly look marvelous, as always, Kirsi," he complimented. "I'll admit, this rather reminds me of the afterparties the Amphitheater holds after a large production. Quite a bit larger, and it seems everyone in Mizahar is here, but still." he shrugged.

"Would you like a drink? Or perhaps-" Jorin's speech faded off when he saw Rinya. As he expected, she was on Rhys' arm, and she was holding on rather tightly. He really couldn't stop the surge of jealousy that ran through him, but he tried to remind himself who she went home with every night. Relax, Jorin, he tried to tell himself. It's just one party. It's not the end of the world.

Rhys' hand went from her waist to her shoulders, and Jorin felt a jolt across the bond. Surprise, and quite frankly he was surprised himself. He would have thought the hand would've gone lower, but then he supposed Rhys was not that stupid. Regardless, Jorin tore his eyes away from that scene. He had Kirsi here, and he needed to be attentive. He could not be so rude as to ignore her in favor of a woman he wasn't even here with, even if she was his mate.

Coughing slighly, Jorin returned his attention to Kirsi. Right! Uh, what was he saying before? "Right um, drink, or perhaps... a dance?" he suggested. He figured he may as well be polite, but before Kirsi could answer, yet another interruption came in the form of a woman with long brown hair, large expressive eyes, delicate cheeks, and a flowing wispy white dress, who floated over to where Kirsi and Jorin was standing.

"Why Jori, dear! Fancy meeting you here," Farline cried, for it was she, her face taking on a small smile. Turning to Kirsi, she raised an eyebrow slightly, but then her face schooled back into one of friendliness.

"I was under the impression the Amphitheater could not spare you," Farline noted, as a handsome young Akalak came over and handed her a drink. Jorin just nodded and shrugged, his own face taking on a mask of civility and joviality.

"Well, some last-minute arrangements had been made. I did not really have time to tell anyone," he replied. It wasn't technically a lie. If you really stretched the definition of "last-minute".

"Thank you, dear," Farline said to the Akalak, with a rather coquettish smile, and turned back to Jorin.

"Is that so?" she commented, her face not revealing whether or not she believed Jorin's explanation. Regardless, she turned to Kirsi with a bright smile. "Well, regardless, I'm so glad to see that Jori is finally expanding his horizons. Who might you be?"
x
Jorin's Thoughts | "Your speech" | "NPC Speech"

"Common" | "Pavi/Grassland Sign" | "Tukant"

"Written Text."

x
Jorin Ertihan
Art is the purest form of expression.

Words: 894547
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Davus on November 6th, 2013, 9:04 pm

Smoke cascaded from the cracked lips, the fine smoke was caught in the currents of the breeze that rolled in from the sea, coiling and spiralling as it dissipated into the wind, lost forever. He ignored the conversation that rattled on behind him even the words spoken in his second tongue in hope they would give him a hollow comfort, in truth his rant had been directed to no-one; not the women, not the sea and not even the infernal gods that watched over them but too himself, the thing he hated most, or more accurately the person he hated most.

Though now as he sat on the edge of the docks, puffing on his pipe it appears that the outburst was nothing but a fleeting moment of anguish and outrage, but in truth it had merely burrowed back into the core of soul to be fought out without his knowledge until such an outburst would be arisen again. He heard the gentle scraps as the figure sat down beside him "I'm still young, you can say, but my youth was over a long time ago."

"I remember distinctly tell-" His voice faltered slightly as he finally turned to face the figure, who until then had been a detached voice, accidentally blowing a stream of smoke directly into her face. It was strange to see her up close, the fact that she was made up of water didn't faze him for one heartbeat but her beauty. It was as if an artist had envisioned the perfect face, taking inspiration from every beauty they had laid eye upon and merged them together. The end result wasn't a face that looked cobbled together but one that flowed together, a flawless sculpture that radiated its beauty, or perhaps phosphorescence. He carried on with his complaint, trying to hide his surprise from her "Tell-telling you to go have some fun and leave me in peace girl, A man doesn't burden others with his troubles; they are his to carry and his alone."

He let out a sort sigh as he popped his pipe back into his mouth "Truth is I won't remember this night, I have already drunken enough to make that bloody sure. You're an Otani, you just don't understand, you are all the same, quick of mind and fickle of nature, you almost designed to be young. You see, my Lia and grandmother was no taller than five foot when she hit sixty, she was a bag of wrinkles and hair white as a breaking wave but I have seen her head butt men that stood a foot taller than her, and drink my uncle under the every time he filled a tankard and you know what she would think of this?" He waved his hand dismissively "Nothing! Well in truth she would think of some colourful words to use. You see, it isn't how young you even look, in truth I could look worse but it is how old you feel... And right now" He took another deep sigh "I just can't be bothered anymore..."

He staggered to his feet, stumbling around the edge of the dock nearly falling over the edge a couple of times in his drunken state "Listen, I appreciate the effort you made trying to cheer me up" He lied, hoping to give the Otani some consolation "But I am afraid you missed you chance to kick me off that dock, but if you still want to help me you'll do as I ask and go off to have some fun" He said as he walked away from the woman but not before turning around for a final word "If I were in a better mood I would have said yes in a heartbeat, but I am not and the world is cruel like that. Just like that bastard of a god who rules over the oceans, the one that made you" He turned away to disappear into the crowd to be swallowed up the throng of dancers, as he wiped a watery eye from the thoughts of Laviku's cruelty.

It had been strange to walk away from her, he could feel with every steep he took a resistance trying to force him back, the mark on his neck tugging at him but he wouldn't, perhaps he wanted to spite Laviku, or maybe he just didn't want to get too close the Otani in a state in which he was starting to share his feelings, either way he managed to leave her but the victory was hollow though he had yet to realize it, denying oneself comfort with others out of spite or fear will never make someone happy, Davus had yet to learn that.
"You leaving now friend?" A voice called out, it belonged to the merchant who had sold him ale earlier.
"'fraid so mate, I am just not feeling it tonight. I am just going to rest on the sand for a while" He replied truthfully
"Ahh I understand you, perhaps a drink for the road?" He offered
"Yes, in fact I'll take two"
"Very good my friend, very good
" He said handing of the bottles as Davus gave him the silver "You have a good night"
"You too friend
" He replied, clutching his bottles of ale, unaware of the false happiness they brought.

-------------------

Davus snuggled his back into the cool, soft sand as he stuck his bottle next to him in the sand and removed the cork off the other. From the dock no-one would have seen the figure lying down in the sand only fifty yards away from the fringe of the party but he could seem them, the docks glowed in the night's shadow, the sound of voices and music travelled far enough for him to enjoy them without have to suffer with the crowds.

He took a mouthful from the ale as he appreciated the fine view of the sea and the stars that laid before him to enjoy "A man doesn't burden others with his troubles; they are his to carry and his alone." He muttered as a reminder to himself, whilst he drunk in the solitude "Much better..." He said softly, with a sigh of relief.
Davus
A man doesn't burden others with his troubles

Words: 64026
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2013, 11:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Uleru on November 7th, 2013, 6:17 am

He is rejecting her (yet again) as he turns. But halfway through he stutters and blows a stream of ashy smoke in her face, mingled with the sour scent of spirits on his breath that even her poor sense of smell cant ignore. She waves a hand in front of her face to dissipate the cloud, her gills seized to keep from coughing. This man is not doing well for himself, she thinks.

He goes off on a second tangent, this one sounding somehow more rational than the first. As if he has vented the anger and frustration like a billow of steam, releasing the pressure but hollowing him out. She doesn't understand this new, deflated tirade. She's seen men half mad with grief stomping up and down the shores, foaming at the mouth and demanding the sea spit out his wife or child or friend. That is one she has seen, studied, and understood. But she doesn't understand him and his pale, miserable anger.

Unlike him, she has never felt old, and she has never felt the need to let go and give up. Her body will stay as fresh and new as the day she was born on the day she dies. She supposes that no matter how angry or heartbroken she is there was always her love and duty to Laviku to keep her going. And, of course, her ability to be pulled and distracted. Skipping over the years of grief by discovering and playing with some new person or thing.

As he looks back over the water, pipe back in his mouth, she discreetly tries to mimic his facial expression. The stern, resigned frown, a shallow line that appears between his brows... She tries to copy and understand, but she feels that his mind might be lost at sea, and she'll never find it no matter how long she looks.

Suddenly the man staggers to his feet, the moulding quickly wipes the expression from her face.

With a final soliloquy he excuses himself and -taking pains not to insult her- both rejects her help, damns the world as cruel and insults her god. In that order. A snowball effect that could have easily culminate if he hadn’t turned on his heel and disappear into the crowd. As such he only gets a thin hiss of warning and a monsters honest pity as he parts through the merrymakers.

Startled and wrong-footed by his abrupt departure, she watches him get swallowed up in the forrest of silk and color. His anger must be the same as the mad men, she muses, turning sadly back to the water and watching the colored lanterns glitter off its surface. Maybe its just buried deeper than theirs.

I’ll never understand humanity, she acquiesces, flicking a pebble off the dock to fracture the bright spill of light on the sea. It’s just not possible.
Uleru
Laviku's most faithful Otani

Words: 236852
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kirsi Winterflame on November 8th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Requisite compliments exchanged, Uleru took her leave. It had been awhile since she'd seen the Otani, but Kirsi hadn't remembered her being so... stunning on the beach. Though, admittedly, she'd been distracted with her carving at the time. Certainly Uleru fit right in with the dramatic and imaginative displays of the other women on the pier, and Kirsi was surprised when she chose to seat herself on the dock next to the rather unimpressive sailor.

Shrugging, she turned to Jorin; his casual compliment setting her more at ease with her makeup choice. "Thank you, sir," the words came out lightly, the excitement of the day coloring her tone and inspiring her to perform a small curtsy as well. Holding her skirt in one hand, Kirsi placed the other over her chest and lowered her eyes demurely as she performed the maneuver. As she straightened, she kept her face lowered, knowing that there would be no hiding the teasing glint in her violet eyes.

Consciously smoothing her features into a semblance of a frown, Kirsi took a half step back and pretended to inspect his attire critically. "Hrm. You, on the other hand..." Tapping one finger against her lips, she paused delicately, thoughtfully, before giving in to the wide grin she'd been trying to suppress. "Jorin, you look great. I love the cape - so dramatic! I wish I'd thought of it."

"Would you like a drink? Or perhaps-"

Jorin's words trailed off, and Kirsi turned her head curiously to find what had so distracted him in the crowd. Expecting it to be a dramatic costume or person, Kirsi was only mildly surprised to see that it was, in fact, Rinya. Jorin had mentioned she would be attending with her work partner; Kirsi's eyebrows raised as she realized the partner must be the large Akalak accompanying the Kelvic woman. Interesting, she thought, but none of my business.

At the actor's offer to dance, Kirsi's eyes lit up; she hadn't danced in ages. Before she could agree, however, another voice broke into their conversation. The woman who'd spoken was pretty, in a practiced way. It was clear to Kirsi that the newcomer was not unfamiliar with fancy dress and fashion, and the petite Vantha smoothed her hand over her dressImage unthinkingly, pressing out imaginary wrinkles as the small talk flowed over her.

When the woman turned to her, however, Kirsi forced a confident smile in spite of her confusion at the choice of words - expanding his horizons? "Kirsi Winterflame, woodcarver extraordinaire," she answered the woman. Extending her hand in greeting, Kirsi spared a moment's thought for her fingers. Despite herself, she noticed the many tiny white lines in her skin, and the callouses at the tips. The flaws were evidence of years of dedication to her craft, testament to her work with knives, sanding papers, and rough wood. Typically Kirsi paid them no mind, but something about this woman suggested that all flaws would be noted and filed away for future reference.

"And you're a friend of Jorin's? It's a pleasure to meet you." The Vantha looked to Jorin curiously, wondering who this woman was. It sounded as though Jorin had wanted to avoid attending with her, and certainly he wasn't rushing to welcome the other woman, either. Feeling a bit awkward and unsure of the dynamics being played out Kirsi found herself wishing she'd been just a little bit quicker to accept that offer of a dance.
Kirsi Winterflame
Player

Words: 123239
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kavala on November 12th, 2013, 4:18 am

The Konti was well past the stage where food even remotely sounded good unless it was fresh from the sea. She'd just about kill for some raw shrimp or a good still-squirming crab. The appetizers and liquor passed by servers held no appeal for her. Konti, especially those in the late stages of their pregnancies, needed fresh things straight from the sea. In absence of those sorts of refreshments, dried seaweed could be chewed to ease a ferocious appetite. And though she did not know who or what this child was going to be, she did know that him or her had a healthy appetite. Starving, after a long day of primping and walking around the festival, her feet ached and were swollen and all she wanted to do was see Riaris.

Kavala was pregnant. She was so very pregnant in fact that any her hew offspring was due at any moment. The Healer figured she had a good ten or twenty days left, perhaps more if the child was finicky, but she didn't think she'd manage to make it to full Winter. It would be a miracle if the term did go that long. The size she was now, the Konti figured she had to be having either a boy or a multiple birth. And since multiple births did not run in either herself or Riaris' family, she was safe to assume it was just a rather large Akalak.

Scaled hands ran down across her abdomen, smoothing the dress she wore that was long enough to conceal the sensible shoes she had on. Kavala had gotten her makeup done at the Makeup Booth and had enjoyed the company of a number of other women as well as a few Akalaks and her brother. But here now, she only had eyes for one man, and licking her lips she was sad to see he wasn't here now.

A server paused in front of her and offered her a tall glass of juice. Kavala hesitated then took it, sniffing it experimentally. When her stomach did not protest, she took a long refreshing drink and sighed with pleasure. Taking a seat on a bench overlooking the water, Kavala was content to people watch. There were several couples out and about. Women wove in and out of teh crowd, all of them with an air of excitement. A kelvic or two were in the crowd, and Kavala frowned at one of them. The woman's misery hit the Konti full force and caused the healer's gift for sensing the emotions of animals including kelvics to go into overdrive. Kavala wanted to stand up, walk over,a nd comfort the woman. But she didn't know the situation and knew it wasn't her place. Instead, she simply watched the kelvic, studying the people around her. Jorin she knew, but Kavala was uncertain how he knew the kelvic.

Kavala kept silent. Today was not a day to involve herself in other's problems unless they truly needed someone to talk too. And the fact that Kavala did not know the woman well enough to send reassurance to her emphatically like she could her own kin and the mounts around The Sanctuary, the Konti simply waited and watched, more of an outsider looking in rather than someone actually participating.

Somethingg walked by - an Otani if Kavala wasn't missing her assumptions - and joined a group. The Konti let the strangeness of the woman distract her as she tried to get her mind off the kelvic's emotions. Running a stray hand through her hair, Kavala brushed the loose almost translucent white locks off her face and glanced at the sea. A wild longing filled her. How nice would it be to go for a swim? To get away from everyone? The Konti recognized the signs of the beginnings of the restlessness that all Konti felt just before they were ready to give birth. Instinct drove them off shore, into the waters, where it was far safer and far easier to bring their another of their sisterhood into the world. But that could be dangerous. Kavala had been lucky last time. She'd had another Akontak to follow her to the sea and help her out. Had Tasival not been an Akontak himself, he could have drowned being birthed so deep and so isolated. Kavala had no way of knowing what this next child would be. But there were even odds that it would be a male, and even odds again that it would not be a waterbreather.

Kavala was terrified when her time came she'd be all alone. She was so scared that what happened last time would happen this time. Last time she'd somewhat lost her mind, having no one to tell her what to expect being Konti. Instinct had latched onto her hard and she had fled to the sea, given birth among shark infested waters, and physically fought off another soul with the intent to kill her. The woman had only been trying to help. But Kavala had wanted to protect her offspring, not certain whether Tasi was a waterbreather or not.

The Konti wasn't sure what was worse.. how aggressive and violent she'd gotten, or how lacking sense she'd gotten, to flee the safety of her home and seek the sea. Would it happen again? Would she be all alone? The Konti closed her eyes and drank deeply of the scent of her Father's realm. Laviku would watch after his own. All Konti belonged to him in a way. But would it be enough? The Healer took a long drink of her juice and knew she needed to tell Riaris about all of this soon. If she didn't, she'd be out of time and all alone when the birth came. And that part she didn't want. There was too much love in her home now, too much family to ever be lonely. Vanator had brought such joy to her life. And so too had his children. Her brother was Ankal even in her own home, and Kavala was ever so grateful he'd survived the djed storm and agreed to stay on at The Sanctuary while the pavilion rebuilt.

Sybel was a blessing too. So too were the rest of the folks she knew from The Sanctuary. This party, in Kavala's mind, was a celebration of the beauty of her life therein and the people that were all around her. The only thing that would make it complete was a tall stoic warrior who never really said much unless the mood struck him or he was actually asked.

Kavala glanced around again. She took another long sip her her juice and found that she'd drained the glass. Rising and setting it on the tray of a server passing, she resumed her seat after a moment. The wind caught her hair and she smiled. He'd come. He said he would, and Riaris had never broken a promise to her yet.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on November 12th, 2013, 6:29 am

Riaris moved through the streets of Riverfall at a slow pace. His large form massive by other standards, but when around his brother Akalak he appeared more normal than not. Riaris wasn't in the best of moods, the Akalak had missed most of the festival because he wasn't at his best. In fact he had been ill and his body hadn't been in the best of shape. Krysus wasn't a forgiving Goddess and since Riaris had failed to do his daily job, she had punished him for it, leaving his body racked with pain until he held to his end of the bargain.

He had missed days from work because of this, time with his family as well, and time with Kavala. He cursed himself, not for making the deal, but for not taking the extra steps to make sure that it was done day to day. Riverfall had been more peaceful as of late, as least when compared to the troubles that they had all faced a few seasons back. Crime was down and so was the general activity that normally gave him the edge to fill his daily quota. But this season wasn't as busy and with his new duties as a higher ranked member of the Kuvay'nas, the Akalak found himself stretched.

There had been more than a few days that season that he fell behind and because of it, he was barely seen around, other than when he was working. His mind was in a different place now and he was no longer as focused on the call as he used to be. Kavala was having his baby and to an Akalak, a first born child was the world and another over. His new life was with her and her family at the Sanctuary and that had taken the place of what used to be more important.

Still, Riaris and Recoomas were strong Akalak and they wouldn't be beaten down for long. Riaris had promised Kavala that he would meet her and he planned to keep that word. Only a few bells ago he had just relieved himself of Krysus burden by taking it out on a man who may, or may not have been harassing a woman in public. At least for the time being he was better, still not fully himself, but better. A promise was a promise and he would be there for his love, pain or not. Riaris continued along the streets making his way to the docks and keeping an eye out for trouble.

The so called five 'raid women' were sure to be around, and even if he wasn't on duty, he wouldn't have any of their mess. It also angered him that his sisters agreed with them as they did. Riaris didn't care for the Nakivak system himself, and had preferred to do as his father had done and found his own mate. But to take it to the extreme as these women had wasn't right and he didn't want his sisters involved with them.

He would be sure that didn't happen, but for now, he had a party to make, and a lovely woman waiting for him. He did dress for the occasion, a dark colored silk shirt and black trousers, along with freshly cleaned boots. He had dressed rather quickly and hoped to pick something that she would like, but the grooming wasn't complete. His hair was loose and hanging down to his shoulders, the usual braids or ponytail gone. It had also been a few days since he last shaved which gave him a more rugged look all together.

Finally, he made it to the docks and looked around. As expected it was a party all around and everyone was enjoying themselves. In truth Riaris wasn't in the most festive of moods, but he was there to see Kavala and hopefully start to make up for the time that he had been a part from her. He spotted her sitting alone on a bench and marched right over. He didn't speak at first and heavily dropped down on one knee in front of her and reached for her. He truly was sorry. "I'm late, I know. Forgive me, but I didn't forget you. I wouldn't forget a promise."
The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Eida on November 12th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Eida was just holding the glass and didn't do anything else, but standing. After a time it became awkward and more uncomfortable for her. She should join to a converstation or dance or do something, talk to anybody. But she was still hesitating, she didn't feel she could join to any group.

At that festival she had to realize she didn't fit there. She didn't fit to any crowd. While at her symenestra form she had more confidence as an ethaefal she didn't. At day she wasn't much, her emotions were stronger than that. At night she was thinking maybe too much. It made her stop, and she was more careful.

Dancing, couples, love was in the air. The city was lively more than she had seen before. Everybody could find what they were searching for. These couples reminded her about her kelvic. She turned away from them. She went close to the sea and had a seat at the dock. She put her glass of wine next to her. She still didn't drink much, not like she wanted to drink at all. She was just listening to the sea and was watching the Moon's reflection on its surface.

She didn't really get why was she so upset about him. She was thinking about for a little, then she smiled and giggled a little. No, she wasn't upset about him, she was upset about herself how fool she was. She should have known. He left her without saying anything he didn't deserve to be with her after these. Their bond wasn't that strong and special. Thinking too much wasn't that bad afterall.

She looked up to the Moon and was only staring at him. She was wondering if her father was also staring at back or was looking at also to other of his ethaefals. But as his light was touching her, she was sure that he was looking at her also. She closed her eyes and let Leth to clean her mind, while she was also listening to the waves of the sea.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on November 12th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Night had fallen at some point previous. With the city in full swing of the Beauty Fest, Caelum had been feeling the lowering weight of Syna in his bones and kept a watchful eye on the horizon. The dark grew up out of the ground as the sun buried itself beyond its edge and he managed to step away to a less crowded street when night finally culminated in a tapestry of stars. The transformation spilled over him with sleepy euphoria, the glory of Syna's grace washing away to leave behind the skin of an Drykas horselord. Windmarks wound over him, giving away old secrets burned up in the Valterrian centuries previous, and his clothes were a little looser, the hems of dark leather trousers sagged over the battered toes of his riding boots. He was of middling height in his nightform, several inches shorter than his statuesque dayform.

Since his fall a decade gone, Caelum had considered his nightform to be the lesser. Beauty failed, he believed; and although much of that misery had been dispersed, its shadow still lingered now and again. As he made his way toward the party, having made excuses to the others so he could escape for a private transformation, he became aware of the looks tossed him. During the day, such sideways looks and shocked glances were so common as to be ignored. He barely noticed the regard of others when he walked in the sun because they happened so often. A tall, shining, horned man was not really a usual thing, after all, unless perhaps you were in Lhavit. (Or, more recently, at the Sanctuary.)

Yet tonight as he slowed at the fringes of the party, Caelum grew aware of the notice given him. The faint discord humming from the human women rescued earlier in the season by the men of Riverfall, among them Caelum's friend Vanator, stirred against him. Through him. He exhaled long and slow. Nikali had looked up from inside of him, brushing lips across the wine colored chains with which she had marked him. They were hidden by his clothing, but that did not dim them to his spirit in the least.

A small knot of people nearby glanced his way, and he caught sight of a flush. There was a narrowing of eyes, but a flush as well from a young Akalak. Realization lit through Caelum and he hastily accepted a drink from a passing server, careful not to so much as brush his fingers, and he made his way to hunt up a place where he could watch but be safely out of the worst of the crowd.

Preferably in dark, dark shadow. Very dark. Because his realization had been that it was the ranuri marking him attracting those looks, and he had been somewhat of a fool to tell himself earlier that it was his ethaefal form alone.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kavala on November 12th, 2013, 9:38 pm

The Konti lit up when Riaris dropped to one knee before her. She scooted forward and took his face in her hands, taking a moment to tangle her fingers in his long hair. Her smile was a glow as she met his eyes, searching first deeply into his right and then his left. "You came. I'm so glad you two made it. And you aren't that late... only a few years or so." She said, leaning forward to kiss him gently. She pulled back and ran her hand through his long hair. "You left your hair long. I love it like this... and you changed your clothing. I thought you might show up in uniform." She said, admiring his dark clothing and how nicely it set off his skin.

Truth be told, she wasn't sure he would show up at all. Riaris had been scarce around her home and in the city, often away with the Kuvay'Nas busy doing a multiple of things. Kavala didn't blame him for his activity, knowing he was a busy person to begin with, but she missed him none the less. She hadn't seen him in days and she wasn't sure exactly why. Things had seemed quiet in the city, but then again she wasn't privy to all the comings and goings of the Kuvay'Nas either.

Part of her was fearful it was the way she looked and that the baby's time was so close to being born. Tasival's father hadn't even seen his son, not being present during the birth and having disappeared well before Kavala's due date.

Kavala pulled him close again, loving the feel of his rough face against hers. She held him tight longer than was proper and whispered softly in his ear. "You look so tired. Is everything okay? We don't have to be here, at this party, Riaris. I just came to support the Sanctuary ladies and to see that they took a vacation once in a while. But you look like you should be enjoying a mug of ale in a hot bath and getting ready to catch about ten hours or more of sleep. What happened?" She asked, pulling away from him to meet his gaze. She didn't want him to answer without seeing his eyes. Riaris had never lied to her that she knew, but he certainly knew about being evasive. And she knew it was harder for him to do so with her staring him straight in the eye.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext