Open [Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

The end of the night party commences on Riverfall's docks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

Postby Uleru on November 12th, 2013, 10:11 pm

She is still staring morosely at the water when a reflection flits across its surface, obscuring the coloured lights. Many people behind her have been doing that, drifting across her field of vision like ghosts and shattering into a thousand glowing pieces with every ripple. But this one is different, and she watches it's progress with a strange fascination until it disappears from her watery mirror.

Intrigued, she twists in her seat to catch sight of the reflections owner. And there he is. A Dykras with dark hair and plain, ill-fitting clothes. Strikingly handsome, but a much less worthy attraction than the gaily dressed, towering physiques of the Akalaks behind him. Yet everyone around him moves and flows like a disruption in a stream, or an like irresistible gravitational force has caught them in its pull. And the Otani, monster though she is, is not immune to it.

His dark eyes are roaming uncomfortably like he is looking for someone, while still seeming to make the effort to look no one in the eye. Then he passes a pair of whirling dancers and disappears from her sight. Its unnatural, its strange, and its completely irresistible. Uleru's attention latches onto this human oddity and refuses to let go. And not being one for restraint, she is powerless to cut loose her curiosity and is instead doomed to follow it.

She gets to her feet, brushing away a few clinging chips of wood off her legs. The reflection in the water lights up with a golden glow as she obscures the partygoers behind her, and the clash of Leth's silvery light sits around her form in an unusual way on the rippling surface. It's something that may have warranted a closer look, if it wasn't for that strange human man who stole away her interest. And she must go to him and get it back.

And so, humming along with the musicians song, she slips through the dancing couples and follows the Dykras man.
Uleru
Laviku's most faithful Otani

Words: 236852
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rosela on November 13th, 2013, 2:21 am

E
E
At the end of the pier, Rosela stood with a gaggle of other women, reading off the prize list posted on the side of the stationary ship. Lips moving slightly as she read, she reached up and twined a finger around her hair, two hands smoothing down her dress and another gently swirling a wine glass in front of her. Finishing the list with a thoughtful hum, she extracted herself from the group and moved back down the pier.

The jewelry was to be desired of course, but there were plenty other items on the list to be considered. An entire season in the luxury of the Suvan Suites made her heart ache for the comforts of her old life, but the spiteful part of her mind struck the item from her mental list. She’d had a great season at the shop, and would be living in luxury soon enough. Why waste her prize on simply getting a taste of it early?

The Kalinor silk also appealed, but the silk rage was going to die down at some point, and she could get that through other channels for her shop. The daggers…now those peaked her interest. She imagined them as quite fashionable, and wondered if she’d be able to design a dress that would not only conceal them but allow easy access. The notion bore more thought, and she stopped at the edge of a circle of dancers to sip her wine and think. She only had the barest notions of how to dance, mostly left over from her wedding and childhood lessons in Semhu. She’d been terrible at the Eypharian dance art, and after a childhood of fighting tutors and a failed audition into one of Ahnatep’s Semhu schools, her parents had given up on the idea.

A flailing misstep by one of the dancers brought Rosela abruptly out of her reverie and she jumped back to avoid losing her wine on her dress. A slurred apology was all she received before the couple wound their way back into the crowd, and she could only frown irritably after them. After a moment’s consideration, she moved away from the dancers and back into the milling, chattering crowd. She saw many familiar faces and returned a few greetings until her eyes caught on what were clearly Kavala and Riaris. Now knowing their connection, Rosela eyed Kavala’s enormous stomach and turned away abruptly. She didn’t want to interrupt them now.

Shadows flittered and danced around her, moving with the people and the shifting lights. Despite the fact that this was the best possible place for her to be at the moment, a large part of her just wanted them to announce the winners already and let her go home.

Dress, because I finally got off my butt and finished the image :

E
E

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on November 13th, 2013, 5:53 am

Riaris felt a weight lift off his shoulders the moment her eyes met his, and her smile, the same smile that always lit his way came to be again. He didn't know if she would have been angry, not just about his lateness to the party, but for being away so much. They had a conversation some time ago about their places in the world and how much family meant, how much closeness meant. It was true, they were talking about adventures not entirely similar to being away with work, but it still held the same ideas. He kissed her back, and it only took that tick of a moment for him to remember how much he had missed it

"Well, as it happened, I only worked the early part of the day and the rest I spent at home with my family. I bought these clothes some time ago, but didn't have the chance to wear them until now. At least this occasion does match, don't you think?" He was glad that she liked his look, after all he had bought the clothing and more just to wear when he and she were out on the town. Still compared to Kavala, his attire wasn't as stunning as she was. "You look amazing Kavala. You look wonderful."

One hand moved down to gently touch her belly and he leaned in to plant a kiss to her cheek, followed by another to her lips. He knew she had questions and had felt the drift between them for some time. But he always wanted, needed to be strong in front of her and didn't like her seeing his weak side. It was the same with his sisters, he'd lock himself away when that time came, and wouldn't speak directly with them until he was better. But, as with his sisters, he could take the questions, and whatever else Kavala might need to say to him, because he wasn't going anywhere.

Riaris held her close again, trying to be more gentle now that she was with child. It was very different for him, being an Akalak for one and a warrior made him hard and rough, not to mention his relationship with the Konti wasn't all that gentle to start with. But for his family he would make this change, as long as it didn't bother her. Kavala also felt she had to always be strong and in control, which came as a challenge when all he wanted to do was protect her. "No, I'm fine." he added as he took her hand and kissed it.

Kavala was always the unselfish one, and even though she was all dolled up and enjoying her party, she was willing to leave it all so that he could rest. However, he couldn't allow this. This night was theirs, and he would see to it that she enjoyed herself. A night on the town was also what he needed and time with Kavala as well. "I'm really fine. No need to leave and miss all the fun." Reaching up he gently brushed her cheek, but he could see the worry in her eyes. He nodded, knowing that he had to tell her, even though he'd rather not.

"I ran into a rough patch, but it's over now, it's over." he glanced down for a moment to his hands and the strange dark veins that covered and crossed his knuckles. Seasons ago, while they were bare, Kavala and Riaris had gone over the different marks on their bodies and what they represented. He was sure that she would understand what he meant, even if she didn't agree with what it led too. "It's in the past now, why don't we enjoy ourselves. You look far too amazing to hide away in your home."

He kissed her again, this time a bit more passionately and his arms moved to collect her into his lap. Meaty fingers rose and combed through her hair and he held the kiss for as long as she didn't pull away.
The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Kavala on November 13th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Strong hands gripped hers and soft words answered her query. Kavala noted the lack of hesitation in his answer, the truth coming from his lips veiled so onlookers would not hear his private misery or misunderstand his situation. But she understood. Kavala’s glance trailed down his arm and onto his ill-tinted hand, catching a glimpse of what he was trying to say without saying it. Azure orbs flashed with rage for a moment before she turned her gaze away to conceal it from him. It was ironic she’d met his gaze to see the truth and then had immediately tried to conceal her reaction from him. Her anger wasn’t directed at him, but rather at the Goddess who was such a harsh mistress to man who should have to answer to none. Blinking, she calmed the fire within and met his eyes again with a gaze more tempered with worry than a woman willing to sacrifice anything to defend her mate.

“Is your family well?”
She asked, glancing around to see if any of his siblings – especially the girls - had trailed him here or perhaps his parents were about. It was a safe topic, one that didn’t involve wanting to strangle a Goddess who took perverse pleasure out of hurting others.

“You look wonderful too.” She said, answering his statement to her and his comment on his clothing. She stretched forward and rested her forehead against his for a moment, not bothering to hide how much she cared for him and worried when he wasn’t around. But she’d give him no grief for his busy life. It was no secret when they’d met that his duties with the Kuvay’Nas kept him busy a great deal and that his life was full even before she’d come into it. Kavala would give no more comment to the tiredness she saw in his face and the worry that was there also. He’d explained himself well enough and she needed no more reassurance than that.

But Krysus was a heartless bitch. And where Riaris could not see, Kavala clenched her fist again in rage when Riaris pulled her into his lap and hugged her against him. She wrapped an arm around him, ran a fist into his hair and stroked the silky length of it, and sighed. She’d be glad when the baby was born. He was treating her like she was a delicate flower and it bothered her somewhat. The Healer could tell he thought before he made a move, always careful, always not putting too much pressure on her, not hugging as tight or lifting as high. Even when they sparred – before Caelum had put a moratorium on it – he’d held his strength in check which she knew did her no good at all trying to learn to defend herself. So once the baby was born, maybe he’d stop being so restrained, and treating her like she was a doll made of porcelain instead of a Konti with more muscles than most.

She didn’t have the heart to tell him though that the party was anything but fun. The food smells were making her sick, the alcohol was less than appealing, and her beautiful dress covered a pair of sensible work boots that supported her swollen ankles and knees. His son or daughter had shifted sometime during the day and was wrapped around her bladder so that every movement she made caused her to feel like she was going to wet herself, even though there was nothing in her other than the fruit juice she’d just drank. And on top of that, her back ached, and she was starving, but not for anything available here in terms of refreshments. A nice still-squirming crab would hit the spot, but the Konti knew it would be a long night before she could slip away and get herself one – or a full dozen. The little boy inside, or girl for that matter, agreed and wanted ten a dozen for themselves as well..

But still, she pasted on a smile, just grateful to see him after so many days. And when he kissed her like that, with passion infused despite the fact that she was ready to burst, it suddenly made the hunger, the tired, the swollen ankles all go away. She returned his kiss, relaxed against him, and muttered… “I missed you.” Then, where Riaris was pressed against her, Kavala’s stomach rolled as the little one inside her gave a hearty kick that landed through her stomach and reverberated against the male Akalak’s chest. Riaris could feel it all the way to his core. Kavala blushed, ran her hand down her stomach, and whispered softly to the child inside, soothing it.

“He’s going to be making an appearance soon.”
Kavala said softly, apologetically, as she pushed away from Riaris, giving the child between them room. “And I’ve learned he doesn’t like to be crowded.” He? Yes, she knew she was carrying a boy. She was bigger than she should have been and the child inside was far to restless to be anything but male. Would he be there when the child was born? Kavala didn't know... and she wasn't sure she wanted him there. The last birth of her son hadn't gone well. She was hoping this one would be different though.

“I hope you have thought of some names. I sure haven’t. I haven’t gotten a chance because I’m never alone. The people at home follow me everywhere, especially Caelum. They are driving me nuts. I have no time to relax and every time I pick something up to do some work, someone seems to magically manifest and take it out of my hands and sent me to ‘rest’ which of course I get none. Because every five or ten chimes someone ‘checks on me’ or brings me something to eat that I can’t stomach.” Kavala complained, sounding a bit shrewish for a moment.

“The only decent one in the bunch is Tasival and Shayru. They’ve been acting out though, jealous I think, and it’s a good thing. It’s distracting enough I don’t go stir crazy doing nothing. I think I’d strangle him if they took on the part of a perfect older brother without some knee jerking and complaining.. And I would go crazy, Riaris, sitting doing nothing with my hands folded in my lap because suddenly I am too fat to peel potatoes for dinner or throw hay to horses or even muck out a simple stall.” The Konti said, suddenly glad she was out of the facility, off on a holiday, even if it meant being somewhat benched and with the swollen limbs and bruised pride.

The Konti wished he’d drop by more, suddenly, if nothing else to distract her. They’d had a healthy sex life before she’d gotten huge, and the Konti was more than willing to find creative ways to keep that aspect of their relationship going. But he’d been so busy and she suddenly wondered if his dark brother or perhaps even Riaris himself was finding distraction elsewhere. The thought made her want to growl possessively though she held her tongue and her temper. Riaris had talked about moving in, but that hadn't happened yet either. So that left a lot of assumptions out there as too why.

Kavala shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts. It was the baby crazy konti talking, not the sensible healer.

“Would you like to dance or something? I think I need to get circulation back in my feet.” Kavala confessed, not wanting to sit there another moment. When she sat, she thought, and the closer to term she got, the crazier the thoughts became.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on November 13th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Kavala was a forgiving and sweet woman and he knew no other women to care for him as she did other than his mother and sisters.They forgave his dark ways, and even though he pushed them away in his darkest of hours, he was always welcomed back. This was another reason that he wanted to be a better man. Kavala understood and with that, she didn't judge him at all. More than anything she missed him and he could see it in her eyes. The subject of Krysus rarely came up and he wouldn't push passed the little that she asked.

For him, it was a very personal relationship and one that he didn't voice outwardly. Recoomas on the other hand would speak of it more, maybe even going as far as to talk it up. The darker brother of Riaris held a special flame for the power from the Goddess, and while Riaris' thoughts and behavior towards it were changed when Kavala came into his life, Recoomas hadn't. He still craved the same feelings of destruction, perhaps more so now that Riaris had settled down.

"Everyone is fine, and they do ask about you. My sisters, they want to see you more often." His parents had left the city some time ago to visit family, but Nanali and Johan had decided to stay in the city with Riaris and Recoomas. He was sure they were around somewhere enjoying themselves, likely with those closer to their age. He figured they would see Kavala at some point that night, but for the time he was just glad to have her to himself.

There was something special in the moment, neither of them were at their best, both suffering for their own reasons, but they kept their chins up and smiled instead. "I missed you too, more than you know." He held her closely, taking with him the simple joy of closeness one shared with another they cared deeply for. He realized, if only to himself, of how bad he must have been to stay away so long when now, in this moment he couldn't let go of her. "I thought of you often. Every day in fact. You, Tasival and Shayru. Have the boys asked about me?" He wondered if they'd forgotten him since they hadn't known him for long before he started to come around less.

Riaris' brow twitched and he loosen his arms from around her. He hadn't thought about it, but it made sense for Kavala to have that connection with their child. A connect with said he was crowding them, and he didn't want that. Moving his hands away, Riaris watched as Kavala moved away from him. Her question caught him off guard and in truth, he hadn't thought of any names for the child. He too had been busy, and had thought that would be something they'd decide together. He smiled and gently stroked her thigh as he listened to her talk about her days. It was a much easier focus.

He wished that he had been there, perhaps even as one of the people who were getting on her nerves, but he would still be there. The name Caelum sounded like a guy's name, and he wasn't too thrilled about that. Still, he said nothing and smiled again after kissing her cheek. "I'll come around then, and run them off for you. We'll see this through, you me and the boys." At the mention of dancing, Riaris wasn't sure what to say. Kavala looked like she was about to burst and she wanted to dance. But he knew better than to pamper her too hard. "Alright then, I'll lead and you follow."

Taking both her hands, Riaris stood up and waited for her to get her footing and stand up in front of him. He hoped they would slow dance, not only because of Kavala, but he still wasn't good at dancing.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Caelum on November 14th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Caelum found an out of the way spot on the pier near the dockage of a ship. Lanterns swung in the quiet breeze and his dark eyes, streaked with sunlight, roamed over the crowd. He spied Kavala with a broad shouldered Akalak and considered them for a while in silence, smiling faintly to himself. He imagined the Akalak warrior must be Riaris of whom he’d heard. He looked forward to meeting the man, but by their body language and intimacy he was unsure if now was a good time.

Lowering his drink from a sip, he slouched a little deeper into his half lit shadow. He tried to make himself as innocuous as possible while watching some of the dancers, enjoying their form and their beauty. It was as he looked idly over the crowd, seeking familiar faces, that he spied the Otani. The sight was so unusual and rare that it brought his eyes back to the reflections of moonlight in her figure. It took him a minute to realize what she was, recollecting the old tales the crewmen of the Bright Eyed Mariner and the less pleasant memories of the Hanged Fate would tell each other and him on long nights out at sea.

With a slight jolt, he became aware that she was looking back at him. He smiled reflexively, vague apology in its curve, and lifted his glass to her before taking a deep swallow.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kavala on November 14th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Kavala laughed lightly. “Do they ask about you? It would be more accurate and easy to speak of when they aren’t talking about you. Shayru has bonded a little with Vanator who has promised to teach him to ride better than his mother, but all and all when you are not around they want to know why not.” Kavala admitted and then tilted her head. The boys went through phases. Currently Tasi was busy wearing a fake set of Eth horns Cadra had made for him out of clay and put on a headband so he could wear around the house. Kavala called it “Playing Caelum.” The Eth was so unusual to the boys that they had also adopted what Kavala had called Caelum’s ‘thinking’ pose. But the truth was their core deep fascination was with Riaris because of his size, his coloring, and because she knew they pretended he was their father.

“I got mad at Shayru the other day and punished him. I took all his toy weapons away because he took his wooden blade, sharpened it until I swear it could cut meat, and was hunting a barn cat with the sole intent of killing it. Seems the cat took one of his other toys and clawed it up after playing with it all afternoon. There was so much of it destroyed I wasn’t even sure what toy it was… all gummed up and scratched apart by the cat. And Shayru was so mad about it that he was incoherent. So when I saw him stalking the cat and took his weapons away, about five chimes later we caught him running away. He was leaving us and going to move in with you, where real men understood him.” The Konti said, her eyes dancing. “I’m sure you’ll hear about it when next you see them.” She added, laughing once more over it.

When she pulled away from Riaris, it wasn’t to break contact, it was just to shift. She turned slightly so her back was against his chest and her legs were spilling off one side of his lap. That way he could still hold her without putting too much pressure on her stomach. His son didn’t like that and hadn’t let her sleep on her stomach or cuddled against anything that confined him for weeks. The little one was so insistent about having his own room and space that Kavala swore he knew right where her bladder was and would kick it immediately to get her to get up and run for the privy thus being un-squished from whatever he felt confined. Kavala had no extra space inside for anything remotely pleasant to her like say not having to go to the privy every ten minutes.

He was a smart one.

“They’ve been asking questions too. I think they finally figured out, those boys, that they have a brother on the way. Well, I suspect they’ve known for a long time, but this is the first time they’ve really acknowledged that they aren’t going to be an only child for very long.” Kavala said, reaching up to kiss Riaris. She had missed him terribly, and along with that she’d missed being with him. That was the one big downfall of being pregnant. And once she had this child, Kavala was going to make sure that her and Riaris had at least a few years of not having to go through this again. Not that it stopped them. It had only forced them to be more creative. But a child right now was necessary. Kavala wanted Tasifal and Sharyu to have a sibling that was close to them in age. She also wanted Riaris’ rank in Riverfall secured. One child was all he needed. More would be welcomed, but in order for his rank to rise any after this one’s birth, the child itself would have to be male and he would have to father another son. Kavala wasn’t sure why it worked that way, but with this promotion in Riaris’ society, he could raise rank within the Kuvay’Nas and perhaps even be a well paid commander some day. Without a son though, he was stuck in the lower ranks of officers with no chance at advancement. The life she carried inside was his ticket to a better life, not just for himself, but for all his family. Because with Kavala giving birth, Riaris’ father would raise in rank and so too would his grandfather. So he’d made them all happy back at the Dovukalis estate, by seducing the Konti and keeping her close.

Kavala was glad of his thoughtfulness as she climbed to her feet off his lap and let him lead her out to where the other couples were dancing. Earlier in the day there were more invigorating dancing, but a great many people had drank a great deal of liquor and now the musicians were taking advantage by playing slow songs and letting everyone enjoy the fruits of the pampering from earlier. Strikingly beautiful women circled in the crowd, some invited to dance, and some like herself obviously already partnered off. Even the plainest lady was well groomed, dressed incredibly nice, and had elaborate hair and makeup. Waiters circled, providing even more liquid courage and the men opened up, inviting more and more lingering women out onto the center of the pier which served as a dance floor.

Kavala stepped closer to Riaris, turning to the side slightly, so she could bump hips with him and still be held close She enjoyed the music and just having him with her. Her sensible boots, hidden by the length of Rosela’s design, allowed her to move without worrying too much about tripping. There was a dignity about the Konti that came only with a late term pregnancy. And she wore it well, lifting her head to beam up at him, once again thanking him with her eyes for coming. One arm circled his waist and the other rested on his shoulder. She didn’t care if they weren’t dancing right or were missing steps. All she cared was that they were spending time together.

“Can you get away long enough to spend the night at The Sanctuary?” Kavala asked, afraid he’d say no, but really wanting him to escort her home and stay. “Tasi and Shay would really like to see you…” She added. “And I know I’ll get a good nights sleep if you are around. For some reason, its always more restful for all of us with you there.” She added. Kavala and Riaris had never quite had the ‘moving in’ conversation they’d both planned to have. Riaris sometimes stayed, and sometimes he couldn’t. A night or two every ten or so was not enough, but Kavala would take what she could get. “Recoomas can get the boys up in the morning. They probably have the rough-housing coming.” She said, trying to bribe both men.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vanator on November 15th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Once the impromptu gathering of friends at the Makeup Stalls broke up, Vanator reluctantly left, leaving Kavala and Sybel each with a kiss, Kavala's on her cheek, Sybel's a long, lingering press against her painted lips. Vanator would have proudly escorted his sister and fiance, to strut with Kav and Sybel on his arms, but the Drykas had come to the city to take care of some business, but promised them both he would come to the party later. With a wagging finger and a cheeky admonishment to behave, a wink to Caelum and a smiling wave to the others, Van parted from them.

The simple task of picking up his repaired armor was prolonged due to the talkative Loriim, the Akalak armorer's Common was so heavily accented that half the time Van had a hard time making out what the man was saying. Then he headed to the stables to check on Sirocco, who was in no good humor for the delayed stay in Riverfall. Nell, understanding the Stider's discontent, promised Vanator that he would exercise his stallion. He stayed for a short visit with the Drykas woman, swapping old stories of Endrykas. She stored his chainmail for him and offered a sandwich before he headed down to the docks.

The party was already in full swing by the time Vanator arrived, and he began to seek his friends. As he made his way into the crowds, Vanator too heard the rumble of rumors regarding the women he had helped free from the Zith. They were a head strong lot, for certain, and the Drykas could find little fault in their complaint regarding the Nakivak law. He first learned about the Nakivak when he found his sister had become one. It infuriated him. Now, it was a part of the city he adopted, a part he did not support or approve, but was not in a position to challenge.

Seizing a glass of some amber liquid from a passing server, Vanator stopped to lean against a tall pole. He had not changed for the party, still garbed in his black embroidered blue shirt, black pants, and the gold torc Sybel had given him around his neck. The ever present dagger and hand ax were thrust through his belt. Party or no, the bone-dogs and snarlwing incidents compelled him to walk the city armed.

Vanator took a swig from the cup, an ale of some sort. Gold-flecked brown eyes shifted through the waning light and milling crowd to find the hulking form of Riaris walking out to the dance area with a waddling, pregnant Kavala. A smile crept across Vanator's face. He was happy to see Kavala with someone. Riaris was a good man, and now, they had started a family. Van prayed to Chevas that the Akalak would not break his sister's heart like Ronan had. His sister deserved to be loved by someone strong and reliable. Kavala had told Vanator both of them deseved someone. Now, it seemed they both had someone. Oh, if father could see them now. His eyes began to scan again for signs of Sybel, Caelum, or anyone he knew.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rinya on November 15th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Day 68, Season Fall, 513 AV

It seemed the festival was turning out to be quite the hit. Of course Rinya really shouldn’t have been so surprised. It seemed like most of the women in attendance were vying for the Queen of Beautyfest title. People continued to just seemingly appear out of nowhere and Rinya had to tamp down the urge to pull away from Rhys and find a nice open space around the outskirts of the party. If she focused too much on the people around her there was a good chance she’d become increasing uncomfortable. While dancing left her somewhat more in the middle of the fray, it would require more concentration and keep her mind off of the crowds.

Rhys was looking supremely confident for someone who—she was positive—did not know how to dance. He led her to the dance floor as her eyes scanned for anyone else she might know besides Jorin. Of course she only really knew three people. Two of them were already here, and Dust perhaps was either out of view, or had not shown up yet. With little choice she turned her attention back to Rhys, watching him with a slightly amused grin as he did his best to give her a sweeping bow before taking her right hand into one of his and let her left hand rest on his shoulder. And then he began to lead her in a… small circle.

Inwardly she was glad he wasn’t willing to try anything too complicated actually. He was being quite cautious of her feet, though he wasn’t just staring down at them either. Which left him free to shoot her his ‘winning’ smile as he called it. Rinya just repressed the urge to roll her eyes. ”So why me?” Despite how long ago she agreed to be his ‘date’ for the festival, she never got the opportunity to ask him why he chose to bring her. ”You wound me Rin.” Instead of replying she simply raised a brow at him. She certainly knew better than to let him get away with that sort of an answer. He just chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. ”I might have been a little stuck on thinking of a way for you to pay me back for that little debt. You certainly won’t give me a child.”

”Well at least you’re getting the hint.” Rinya muttered dryly and rolled her eyes, though she couldn’t help the smile that tugged at her lips. Rhys seemed overly pleased that he managed to coax a smile out of her and took the liberty of running his fingers along the top of her dress, below her shoulder blades. ”And you effectively ruined the moment womanizer.” Rinya grinned tightly at him and Rhys just shrugged, his grin never once budging from his lips as he continued them in a small circle. But his fingers did stop trying to caress her skin—for the moment. ”You cannot blame me for trying. You look beautiful.”

Rinya could feel her face flush at the compliment. It was easy enough to know Jorin certainly thought that way, but she was unused to other males saying it. Well… ones that were not drunk and trying to win some ridiculous game anyways. But the idea of a dance suddenly seemed like a bad idea. She hesitated, nearly knocking them both over if Rhys hadn’t cluched her waist to his. Once she did have her balance back, he reluctantly released her waist and Rinya sighed heavily. ”Sorry.” A bland apology that she was sure he was used to. ”Why don’t you head over to the docks to get some fresh air. Strech your wings so to speak. I’ll fetch us something to drink?” He laughed at his own joke and she just pointedly ignored it altogether. But fresh air did sound like a good idea.

”Sounds good… so long as it alcohol.” Rhys sighed as though she had just ruined his fun, but he nodded and turned to disappear into the crowd. Rinya herself took off in another direction, trying to pinpoint the docks in the dark. But the water would help calm her, even if she wasn’t in her hawk form. But with the darkness affecting her eyes, she almost didn’t see a woman—with horns?—sitting on the dock by herself until she almost literally stumbled upon her. Her face was tilted upwards, staring up at the moon. Normally she would have left the woman be to her thinking but curiosity peaked her interest.

”Hello there… do you mind if join you?” She couldn’t very well sit in her dress, but that didn’t bother her much.
Rinya
Socially Awkward Sea Hawk

Words: 658547
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 1:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on November 17th, 2013, 1:13 am

Riaris held Kavala close, his arms around her shoulders and aiming his form away from her to keep the baby happy. He should have guessed that his massive body wasn't a joy to be pressed against, and only Kavala found that likeable. He stayed silent for a while, going over in his mind what she had told him about her life at home and about the boys.

Shayru reminded him of Recoomas and he knew what a joy that would be for Kavala to deal with. But she seemed light hearted about it and that was good. She had been around Akalak enough to know how they were and how the two sides were different and where they were sometimes alike.

"Vanator must enjoy his time with the boys. I'm sure they can be a hand full. One way or the other my friend is going to have to like Akalaks."

He hugged her close, now keeping his eyes on others to make sure that no one bumped into her. It was odd how the floor didn't seem as crowded until they stepped in to dance. Riaris danced slow, helping to support Kavala so that she didn't have to stand on her own. He didn't mind, in fact Riaris loved being so close with her and holding her against him.

"I'm sure I can get away for a while, maybe my sister's would like to stay with friends. Our parents are away and won't be back in the city for some time. " He was sure that he had forgotten to tell her, but then he hadn't been around much to say so. "I think that would do us good, and Recoomas would like to see them I'm sure."
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

PreviousNext