[Fall Quest] Terror in Stormhold Sign Up

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nightmare on August 30th, 2014, 10:43 am

Hark! Vile Sorcery Causes Mass Destruction in Syliras!

On the 2nd of Fall an unexpected and unusual Caravan will arrive at Syliras's main gate. This caravan, consisting of only 3 wagons and 5 people is subject to the standard search and questioning upon arrival. Unfortunately for those on duty this caravan has a sinister motive. Before the search can completed one of the strangers will pull out a package and open it just within the Main Gate. A powerful mage weapon within will then be activated and released a master crafted glyph containing 12 master reimanced lightning bolts. The resulting destruction will be wholesale and devastating.

This is the sign up for the resulting fallout for that fateful day. There will be a small quest and several prompts. The minor quest will be the direct response of the knighthood as well those affiliated with it, and the three prompts will be for people at various different locations in the city to respond. If and when the prompts fill up more prompts at different locations will be available as the need arises.

Quest: Terror in Stormhold - SLOTS FULL

Description: The players and a group of knights arrive at the scene of the blast and assess the situation. Fire, rubble and dead litter the street. Those present might find themselves hard pressed to protect the gates until backup arrives.
Slot size: 3 - Full! Garland, Revy Hiroe, Oriah
Special restrictions: Notes: Squires and knights are recommended for this quest, but all players with combat experience are welcome!

Prompt: Fire at the White Swan - SLOTS FULL

Description: A stray bolt of lightening lanced through the wooden frame the tavern. Behind it a huge hole tunnels through rock and if one looks careful they might see the ocean. Fortunately or unfortunately the White Swan is the only structure that needs help in this case. The fire quickly spreads and help is needed to combat the fire before it rages out of control!
Slot Size: 2, - FULL Marrick Corvis, Archailist
Notes: Anyone with skills to fight this fire, be it leadership to organize a bucket brigade, water based reimancy, or anything else will find the Knights of Syliras indebted to the participants.

Prompt: Chaos in the Council Chambers - SLOTS FULL

Description: A bolt of powerful Reimanced lightning strikes through sheer stone wall to cause havoc in the Roshin district, home of the Council of Nine. The unpredictable nature of the magic causes the bolt of energy to detonate and explode in the chambers itself causing great damage, trapping several prominent council members. Help move the rubble and save the council members!
Slot Size: 2 - FULL - Balian Martell, Baelin Holt
Note: For the most part players will be allowed to self direct this thread. However if and when the players free the council members I will play the part of the NPCs. Additionally players will need to spend considerable effort to clear out the debris, deal with a fire and weakening structural support. This thread will be nullified if all the problems are solved too quickly.

Prompt: Panic at the Great Bazaar - SLOTS FULL

Description: The destructive magic rips through the castle and embeds itself in the Bazaar. People and stalls are thrown in a great ball of electrical fire. Someone must take it upon themselves to evacuate the Bazaar, else those caught in the blast might get trampled! Working together will the players keep the fire from spreading to the other stalls? Will they be able to help the wounded and prevent others from getting hurt?
Slot Size:2-3 - FULL Sydelle Faraway,Suresslynn, Nivel
Note: Leadership and the ability to think on one's feet will be a tremendous help here. Healers will find themselves particularly useful. Additionally part of the challenge will be dealing with the panicked mob of people.

Prompt: An Inopportune Invasion - SLOTS FULL

Description: A group of young Svefra take advantage of the chaos and the inattention of the knights and commit a string of looting robberies. Several citizens join in the mayhem. Will you join them or stand against them?
Slot size: 2 - FULL, Zhou, Rykanis Dakshata
Notes: So this one is somewhat open ended! Here is your chance for a character to get off scott free while attempting a minor crime! Otherwise, this is an excellent opportunity for squires, knights and honorable citizens to help out the knighthood by preventing wholesale looting in the city. Any crimes above breaking, entering and stealing such as assault, massive property damage and murder will result in repercussions from the knighthood when order is restored to the city. Fighting skills are recommended!

To sign up for one of these quests you, the player can respond to this thread with the following information:
Character Name: (Your Character's Name)
Quest Desired: (Which of the plots above are you interested?)
Backup Quest(s): (If your desired quest is taken, is there another one you'd like to try?)
Notes: (Anything else you would like to tell me?)

Code: Select all
[frame=Black][b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Quest Desired:[/b]
[b]Backup Quest(s):[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b][/frame]

The sign ups will be first come first serve. If your desired quest is full I'll pick from your backup quest and then PM you. If all the quests fill up and you still haven't been assigned a quest, expect a PM from me when I put up additional prompts.

PM me if you have any questions!
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Garland on August 30th, 2014, 11:35 am

Name: Garland
Quest Desired: Terror in Stormhold
Backup Quest(s): Chaos in the council chamber
Notes: Would I be a squire for this? Or still be a citizen? Also, what would we be doing? Fighting monsters, people or just trying to calm people down?
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 30th, 2014, 12:24 pm

Character Name: Revy Hiroe
Backup Quest(s): Fire at the White Swan
Notes: Nothing really. :D
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sydelle Faraway on August 30th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Character Name: Sydelle Faraway
Quest Desired: Panic at the Great Bazaar
Backup Quest(s): n/a
Notes: Please put me last in line for this. I haven't really developed Syd to the point where she'll be of great use, its just the only prompt that I could see a logical reason to involve her in. I'd hate to take up space better used by characters who actually have a skill set. :lol:
Sydelle Faraway
Player

Words: 33563
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2014, 6:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on August 30th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Character Name: Suresslynn
Quest Desired: Panic at the Great Bazaar
Notes:If someone more appropriate for either prompt signs up, move me to the bottom of the que.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Oriah on August 30th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Character Name: Oriah
Quest Desired: Terror in Stormhold!
Notes: Looking forward to this ^_^
"Common"
"Shiber"
Oriah
Never Stray

Words: 364847
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 5:06 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on August 30th, 2014, 7:16 pm

Character Name: Rykanis Dakshata
Backup Quest(s): N/A
Notes: Depending upon some other things, he might be a newly minted squire when this occurs.
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marrick Corvis on August 31st, 2014, 3:48 am

Character Name: Marrick Corvis
Backup Backup Quest(s) Panic At the Great Bazaar
Notes:"Oi wasn't even supposed teh be here today!"
Marrick Corvis
Rest under my Wing

Words: 268368
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 12:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Balian Martell on August 31st, 2014, 2:24 pm

Character Name: Balian Martell
Backup Quest(s): Chaos in the Council Chamber, Panic at the Great Bazaar
Notes: Yay for quests!
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on August 31st, 2014, 9:11 pm

Character Name: Nivel
Quest Desired:Panic at the Great Bazaar
Backup Quest(s):Terror in Stormhold (if a spot opens up)
Notes:
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes