OOC Info Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Come discuss OOC chatter, plots, and more!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Royal on December 13th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Boxcodes & Signatures
Whilst one of the things I love best about Mizahar is the ability for everyone to customise their posts, there are a couple of rules when it comes to boxcodes and signatures.

Box Codes include any images/frames/boxes that adds any visual detail to a player's post. A single image used in a boxecode needs to be be no more than 700 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall. I know I'm guilty of pushing this rule as it's so easy to get carried away in the designing of a boxcode, but please bare this in mind. Any images that are over this size, or any boxcode that does not fall in line with the rules, can and will be removed.

Signatures appear at the bottom of any post a player makes. Any banner that is used in a signature (such as the crown & large text in mine) should be no taller than 150 pixels and no wider than 500 pixels.
Royal
You can call me Queen Bee

Words: 65918
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 9:27 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Royal on January 6th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Hello my delightful thugs & criminals,

Just to let you know, I've posted the opening threads for the event on the 42nd (Jillene Ironside, of the Sunset Quarters Orphanage advertises that help is needed in order to provide for the children. Any skill is put to good use and all help is appreciated.) The link for this thread is here, and those who would like to take part in this event should post in this thread first :)

-Royal
Royal

Office

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Erik Murphy on January 13th, 2016, 4:33 pm

I just posted an Open Thread regarding the calendar event on the 53rd53rd: Three men and two women are hung publically at the gallows. Before they are killed, all five shout out an ominous warning of: They're coming, they're coming! that spooks even the hardiest of Sunberthian souls.. If you're an outsider who wants to learn a bit more about the nature of Sunberth or simply looking to earn a few brawling skill points over fighting to loot a body (Whether you want to or not), this may interest you.

I'll have my next reply up in a few days, giving anyone who wants to post time to do so. You can join in at any point and no hard feelings if it doesn't interest you.
ImageImageImage
“And you have your part to play, Erik. You will be fooled, like most, but you will survive. You might even benefit it all. Hold history close to your chest, young man. That’s my advice.”
Erik Murphy
Player

Words: 130410
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Royal on January 22nd, 2016, 1:25 pm

HEAR YE HEAR YE

I've recently added some details on some of the flora and fauna that can be found in Sunberth in the Players Guide. Whilst this isn't at all an extensive list of what can be found in our little slice of heaven, I hope it will be provide some interesting critters and plants for you all to play with.

I'd also like to draw everyones attention to our development threads. If there's anything you'd like to see in SB, just let me know or develop your own ideas.

Finally, I am slowly tackling through the grading list. I'm super excited to see everyone writing in Sunberth, so kudos for you all! Soon you shall be rewarded with shiny skills and loses!

-Royal
Royal

Office

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Royal on February 25th, 2016, 3:50 pm

Hello Anarchists, thugs and mercenaries!

Just a brief reminder that season change will soon be upon us!! March 1st brings with it the new season of Spring and the new year of 516AV.

If you currently have a job in Sunberth, now is a good time to complete those job threads (remember, they've got to be at least 2500 words each), or to put up placeholders for you to complete them ASAP. Once you've written your job threads, post here to get your wages!

Finally, please don't forget to pay your living expenses for Winter 515AV. For poor living conditions, these are 45GM/season, and for good living conditions, 135GM/season. Come spring, your threads will not be graded until these are paid, so it's always good to get them sorted as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and delays to your grading.

If you have any questions, please PM me!
-Royal
Royal

Office

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Royal on February 29th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Just to let you all know, the character registry for Spring 516AV is now posted! Please post here if you plan on threading in Sunberth this season.

The seasonal calendar will be posted tomorrow!
Royal

Office

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Caela Dorin on March 4th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Hello my lovelies!

I find myself back after a long hiatus and want to get straight back into things. Most of the people I used to write with are long gone and so I require new writing partners, something that I hope you can supply.

I was considering writing about the New Year celebrations on the 1st of the season and was wondering if anyone would like to join me? I'm not thinking casual meet and greet, I'm thinking that such a time is a perfect opportunity for violence, drama and anarchy. It goes without saying that the city of anarchy wouldn't see in the new year in a civilised manner after all.

PM me if you're interested so we can see about getting this party started! Feel free to message me if you want to write about anything else too, of course!
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Ssafirsotibones on March 9th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Hey, this is a general request/offer, but I'm looking for thread partners interested in learning/training in unarmed combat.

Bones is opening his own unarmed combat school in Sunberth, one that's open to everyone regardless of affiliation or lack thereof with groups in SB. And lets face it, everyone in Sunberth could use a bit more combat training, when you risk getting mugged sticking your head out the front door.

If you are interested in learning to fight for the first time, or just to sharpen your skills, I'm interested in students. Discounts for hatchlings under the equivalent age of 13 human years.

He trains up to expert level currently, though he may expand his classes at some point.

Happy Rping,

Bones
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Aladari Coolwater on March 10th, 2016, 1:35 am

Hello, everybody!
My character, Aladari will be residing in Sunberth for the foreseeable future, so I thought it best to introduce myself and make the note that I am open for threads this season.

Though still pending, Aladari is hopefully going to be a fisher(wo)man. She's a sailor in her blood, and though was not born in Sunberth, has warmed right up to the life of gambling and drink. She does not have much experience in combat, and tends to stay away from that kind of life as much as a Sunberthian can. That being said, I anticipate honing her combat skills soon.

I would also like to improve her negotiation, sailing, swimming, flirting, gambling, and her Common speaking skills eventually. If any of those topics sound fun (or you have any different topics) feel free to contact me. :)
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Royal on March 18th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Hello my Sunberthians!

Well, this past fortnight has been eventful in RL. The building I live in was set on fire in an arson attack, which rendered us without electricity and internet/phones/cable/etc for a while. Fortunately(ish), the building itself it attached to a business, and it was the business, rather than the residential apartments, that was the real target.

Saying that, I've never been involved in anything like that before, so it set me back a bit, and not just in terms of electricity or internet. It's a pretty worrying thought that someone tried to set fire to one part of a building without any concern for the tenants. I mean... there's kids living here!

So that's a brief explanation of the lull in my activity. Never fear, I have returned and slowly breaking back into usual ST routines of answering PMs and what have you :)

-Royal
Royal

Office

PreviousNext