OOC Info Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Come discuss OOC chatter, plots, and more!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Riluc Lorrani on June 5th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Hello everyone. I am excited to start here in Sunberth. Let me know if you want to thread together.
Riluc Lorrani
Wilder

Words: 52787
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2016, 12:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Autumn Leithea on June 22nd, 2016, 5:34 pm

Can we talk about major, citywide timeline events? There was a thread by a mod who wrote about widespread fires in Sunberth, giving everyone some material to work with. People came together in the wake of the major plot twist and creativity could be found everywhere. I tried to write one when Sunberth was out of a mod and everyone had to leave wherein the IC explanation for leaving was a massive storm, but it got shot down by a mod. I think only mods should be able to do this, and infrequently at that, but I think these threads really develop the city and give it a timeline of major events and such. If this isn't feasible that's okay, just putting ideas out there for mods to give us their lovins! :)

I also do enjoy mod threads and also a mod every now and then making a random guest appearance in a thread is always exciting. So to all you mods you reap what you sow! :)

Just some thoughts! What does everyone think?
Autumn Leithea
Bohemian exuberance! :)

Words: 76525
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2012, 7:00 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Aladari Coolwater on June 22nd, 2016, 6:01 pm

I think the current curse events are pretty significant, and are definitely city-wide, as were the floods of last season. In my opinion, the mods have done a great job of making big things happen for us all to engage in. But if you're looking for something more, you could always come up with something and request a modded thread from Anarkhos, or from one of the fabulous Guest Storytellers.

If you'd like a Guest Storyteller, I'd be more than willing to find something to put some PC's through inspire a fun questline. :D
Edit: Maybe one of the riots could be modded, or one of the fun locations such as an adventure into the caverns or the cove or the manor.
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Autumn Leithea on June 22nd, 2016, 6:27 pm

Could you elaborate a little about the curse events and the floods?

Also, I think it should be up to the mods to create such events, although I could easily help if need be. We don't need a large-scale event right now, but I'm just saying, in the future when the moment is right I would be overjoyed if they created such citywide events.
Autumn Leithea

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Aladari Coolwater on June 22nd, 2016, 6:39 pm

Sure.
Last season, the Spring floods when the river flowed over its banks caused buildings to shut down or even be destroyed, it caused deaths as people were flooded from their homes, I think i even saw one person who was momentarily out of a job. It caused sickness, such as pneumonia, and many of the problems have carried over into this season, such as the ruined buildings.

The curse is even bigger, I think. There are two quests being run surrounding the slabs, as well as city-wide riots, the effects of the curse on people (nightmares, fainting, illness) and the pond of curing water which are available to investigate. There is the recurrence of the symbols from murders of seasons past (just exposed in the Quest thread from the 18th), and the ominous message about rewards for surviving the curse which promises that it will affect us for seasons to come. And then there's the mysterious ship off of the coast that contains those creepy sailors, which is a prompt open to anyone. That one may or may not be related, I'm not sure.

Overall, I think the curse is pretty all-encompassing as far as its effect on the city and its people, and will likely have an even larger impact on the community than many of the past events.

I'm rather excited, in case you couldn't tell. ;)
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Autumn Leithea on June 22nd, 2016, 7:31 pm

I had no idea there were current events in Sunberth! Can we keep track of them somehow? Perhaps a moderator thread (like the NPC list or the linkmap).

Once I'm done with the siege I'll go explore!

Thank you Aladari! I would have never known this if it weren't for you!
Autumn Leithea

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Kaie on June 22nd, 2016, 8:34 pm

Anarkos has created a comprehensive, exciting calendar that lists an entire season's worth of events. :)

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Riluc Lorrani on June 22nd, 2016, 10:41 pm

The thread is located here.

I agree with Aladari that it is a rather exciting season with the current plot going.
Riluc Lorrani
Wilder

Words: 52787
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2016, 12:20 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Autumn Leithea on June 24th, 2016, 11:43 am

Thanks Riluc!
Autumn Leithea

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Aladari Coolwater on July 1st, 2016, 11:41 pm

Good news guys. :) I got a surprise evening off tonight, so I should be able to get some posts cranked out for you guys who are waiting on me. Since I got the quest posted earlier, the priority will go to whoever was waiting longest. I'll be starting with Bones and Fir, but I hope to get to at least one other tonight. Thanks for waiting so patiently, all.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes