Award May's Featured Character Is.....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

May's Featured Character Is.....

Postby Gossamer on May 2nd, 2015, 11:12 pm

Hello Fellow Mizaharians!

Keeping with our tradition, the Founders Circle and Regional Storytellers are proud to announce that the Featured Character of the Month May 2015 is Xen. Xen is one of the elusive Dhani who actually rp's in Zinrah. He is a fantastic writer with a very interesting backstory and complex plans moving forward. Questions were asked by both Gossamer and Traverse. Please take a moment to read his interview below and congratulate him on this prestigious award.

The Interview

What are Xen's favorite hobbies outside of his job as a masseuse?
What are his writer's favorite hobbies aside from writing on Mizahar?

Xen's favorite hobby is exercise; he enjoys being active, and training. These things keep him diligent and his senses sharp as laziness leads to catastrophe in the Falyndar Region. I enjoy music, poetry, and internet meme's, because without humor the soul and mind becomes stale. I also enjoy reading things of science fiction, action, adventure, and horror; dead space and Halo are my current obsessions.

Xen has accumulated a bit of prestige even as a male Viper in a predominantly Constrictor city, even getting invited to swanky parties! Has this affected his personality at all, or will it in seasons to come?

It has affected him a lot. Xen has come to respect and love the queens, and the queen more for inviting him and allowing him to participate in the parties. And the presences and sights of the wealthy and influential members of his race will let him be more appreciative of the simple things in his life, and remember them, and cherish them, when he grows into wealth and power, someday. Though, Xen will change later on, and how will he be? I can't tell all of my devious plans!

If Xen had to leave Zinrah for some reason, where would he go and what would he do there?

I'm torn between two cities. He'd either go to Alvadas, or Syliras. Alvadas was where he was born and raised. And he'd go there to look for his family. While Syliras is the next choice as he would love to be a knight, or at least assist them.

Xen does a fair bit of hunting in the Jungle Wilds, what would his ultimate prey be?

The ultimate prey for him would be The Ya'tago. Xen hasn't encountered one, yet. But, the beast would definitely spark his interest, and he'd be more than willing to hunt it.

What are Xen's thoughts on Siku? Are their any deities he worships highly, or does not care for?

Xen was raised in Alvadas and so he is naturally fond of Ionu, and all of the god/dess's strangeness. I do hope that one day Xen could receive a mark from Ionu, and play tricks on the stubborn myrians and constrictors in Falyndar. He also respects Siku; she is his divine mother. Xen feels he lacks the cunning and cruelty she prizes. Yet, he also feels that he makes up for that with his instincts and habits that are like a wild serpents.

Why did you originally pick Falyndar for your starting area? What appeals to you about the region? What do you dislike about it?

I wanted to show the region some love. I know, it's cheesy. I fell in love with the Falyndar Region, because of its beauty and deadliness. A world with dire animals, powerful serpents, and crazy cannibals. What? I had to be a part of it all. There was just too much I could do in Falyndar, and I loved it! I still love it! However, I can't help but give Traverse some of my affection too. She's supported the region, dealt with my shenanigans, and is has been a big help to Mizahar, and me. But, I have to add that I dislike those myrians, though, darn barbarians!

What do you look for in the perfect thread partner? Is it some quality of their writing, response time, or their pc's habits?

I like quality writing, but I also like to feel that my partner is enjoying what they are typing, and not just mechanically typing up words. I'm patient when it comes to respond times, because my partners are busy with their personal lives too. So, I avoid pressuring them, and only poke them to respond when too much time has passed. I enjoy reading peoples PC habits, even when they tell me their pc habits are dull. I get a glimpse of my partners personality and self when I read their pc's habits and stories, which I do enjoy recognizing.

What do you think Zinrah's greatest unappreciated attribute is?

I believe Zinrah's greatest unappreciated attribute is it's setting: how differently you have to play. I'd like to see more writers spend time and, at least, read on its stories. The setting may appear to be 'restricting', but there is plenty of freedom, if you understand and have read the lore. It really annoys me when people say there's nothing that can be done within Zinrah, or with the setting.

Tell us what would be a dream come true scenario for Xen in terms of a thread? Would it be moderated? Would it involve a complex plot and if so what kind? What do you really want for Xen here and now?

I'd love for Xen to step into the realms of divinity and become a god. That would really be a dream come true, but I know it'll take some serious threading, writing, plotting, and dedication for that to happen. I'am hopefully! Here and now, it'll just be Xen receiving a mark from the divine. I'm still thinking and working through things with his stories and keeping it simple, with a gnosis mark being the biggest goal right now.

What was your inspiration for Xen? Did you model him after someone, yourself, or a concept your particularly fond of? Elaborate!

I modeled Xen after Jörmungandr: The Midgard Serpent, and a bit of myself. The early threads and personality of Xen represented my unfamiliarity with the Falyndar Region, and as I grew familiar with the region, he became more cautious and understanding of its dangers, trials, and natures. Thus, as I learned, he matured in-character. Jörmungandr's name was what inspired Xen's name and a good chunk of his character. Though, originally, Xen was going to be fierce and dangerous, much like The Midgard Serpent.

So how did you initially find Mizahar? Since you are still technically in the realm of a newbie, we'd like to hear about some of your newbie experiences and how you managed to navigate the challenging facets of finding out how to do things? Any advice to newbies besides READ EVERYTHING? Everything's not written. What should new people do instead?

A few friends of mine told me of Mizahar, and about how they liked it. I asked zero questions about Mizahar, and immediately joined after reading just the front page. The lore, the races, the magic, the everything caught my attention. Yet, it was the story behind Mizahar's creation that deepened my love for it, and the founders.

I went through a lot of trial and error...a lot. It was only when I sat my impetuous hide down and read and studied the lore that I began to grasp things better. The ST's of the time were patient with me, and they, and the players helped me settle in and improve my writing. I can still remember those early threads...mind games still makes me shudder, oh God.

I learned a lot about Mizahar from the people I wrote with, and those that I spoke to in chat. All you need is but a few leveled headed individuals to guide you through this expansive world and you'll be set. However, if you're shy, or not, then take your time with things; don't rush. You won't catch everything here quickly. So, ask for assistant and be patient, also respectful. And be aware of the rules too!

Soapbox is now yours. What would YOU like to talk about?

I love to talk about nature, science, the supernatural, and Mizahar. Life, existence itself, and the love and absurdity of internet meme's! We can talk about books, and other things not mentioned here. Just send me a message, but I have to warn you in advance, my weirdness is contagious! So, I can't guarantee your normality being intact later on. However, I'd like to thank Traverse, The Founders, and The Mod's for choosing me for this feature to most. I hope my answers were satisfactory to you all, and thanks again :D
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aoren on May 2nd, 2015, 11:29 pm

Congratulations Xen!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elias Caldera on May 2nd, 2015, 11:41 pm

Well deserved. Congratulations!
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sayana on May 2nd, 2015, 11:58 pm

Whoot! Congratulations Xen!

PS. I love your Dhani puns. =D
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on May 3rd, 2015, 1:20 am

Congratulations Xen! Very well deserved.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssezzkero on May 3rd, 2015, 1:30 am

Woo! Congrats! :D
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Rayage on May 3rd, 2015, 2:04 am

Xen, you were an obvious choice :D Your character is awesome. Good job, and keep up the great work. Congrats!
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xen on May 3rd, 2015, 4:15 am

:D Thank you all.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 3rd, 2015, 5:55 am

Congrats Xen!! :D
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Dravite on May 3rd, 2015, 11:32 am