OOC Info Syka's Calendar - Spring 519 A.V.

Check out whats going on in Syka in the new year!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Syka's Calendar - Spring 519 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on March 4th, 2019, 1:27 am

ImageImage

My Pick :

"Let the people know my wisdom, fill the land with smoke."

Greetings Sykans!

This season we are going to focus on the theme of music. Music is going to enrich the lives of each and every Sykan citizen in a very IC verses OOC way! What I'd like for each character to do is to pick a favorite song that you think represents your character and utilize it throughout the entire season as a basis and starting point for your pc's seasonal plot and overarching theme.

All you have to do to get started is pick a song! Make it a good one. Hint: The longer the song the better... this short catchy tune is perfect for just this intro, but it wouldn't last us through the whole season. :)

"Whoa! Thought it was a nightmare..."

It's going to be sweltering hot this season. It's like summer came early and spring forgot to put a showing in. The cool rains of winter have vanished down to a brief shower in the mornings and at night. The days are hot and sultry. The nights are long and almost bearable. Sea winds help. Fires are necessary to dry out damp gear because the humidity in the jungle has spiked to an all time high.

"I thought I heard a rumblin', callin' to my name..."

❖ A beach party happens to celebrate the Valterrian and welcome in 519.
❖ A shipwreck brings fresh NPCs to Syka and they have a wild story to tell.
❖ One of the formerly inactive Falyndar hotsprings erupts and creates a cinder cone volcano almost overnight. It doesn't threaten the settlement but it does give the whole place a creepy smoke filled ethereal atmosphere for ten days in which all kinds of unusual things happen... because things live in the smoke and mist... released from that eruption.
❖ An injured Water Velispar washes up on shore. The denizens of Syka get a chance to meet one and perhaps assist it in its injuries.
❖ A mysterious illness - a bad cough and rash - courses through the settlement. It is almost an epidemic because it effects 1 out of 3 people. Roll a 1d3 to see if you got hit with it (on a roll of 1). It is not fatal but lasts for a miserable ten days. Track down the source and see if you can solve the mystery.
❖ A bunch of water spouts are sited out to see. One hits the settlement and does significant damage to several structures.

"They told me don't go walkin' slow, the devil's on the loose..."

❖ Select Your Character's Seasonal Song! It can be anything! As long as it has meaning to you it will work in Syka. Post a singular post below that lists your song and why you picked it.

❖ Design a plotline/theme around that Song that is in the theme of that Song. Add a brief plotline blurb to your singular post below that describes how it relates to your theme song.

❖ Post threads related to your plotline. The titles of your threads must be lyrics from your theme song. Threads must somehow relate to your song. Add the thread list to your singular post below!

❖ Mash Ups Encouraged! You must mash up your theme song with another PC's theme song if you do a group thread! Titles of Threads must be a mash up of these two song titles and the atmosphere of the thread must somehow relate to the songs themselves!

❖ Tangle with some local wildlife. Battle it. Conquer or be conquered!

❖ Run headlong through the jungle for some specific reason - fear, release, joy. Just take a run and see where you end up.

❖ Write at least 15,000 words and keep track of them in your singular post below and I will give you opportunities to pick quest items from the weekly challenges that have been issued in the past year. The more you write the bigger the selection I'll give you. If you write up to 25,000 or more... I will give you a choice of ANY of the past quest items.

❖ Design something unique to Syka in game or in the lore. This can be anything from a new sort of rope swing to a pet that is unique to the setting.

"Better run through the jungle, and don't look back to see..."

I'm always willing to run personal story line focuses for anyone who joins Syka for the season. People get such few opportunities to interact with their actual story lines in generic calendar situations within various domains, so in Syka this season I'd like to change that. I will be willing to run the following:

• Personal Quests
  • Gnosis Threads
  • Flashbacks & Future Foretellings
  • Training Threads

Just let me know what I can help you out with. Syka might be small but we have had some really incredible storylines here in the past.

Happy Threading!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Quzon on March 27th, 2019, 7:15 pm

Quzon's Song :

The song is from the view point of slaves to a Wizard-astronomer who makes them build a tower to the sky.

I picked this song for Quzon since he is a Mage who's a person of war that is now going to start looking to the sky at night. He wears a ring blessed by Leth that grants him the gods mark for a short time during the night. This has made him conflicted since he's a man who takes religion seriously. Leth is apart of the Myrian pantheon, as such he feels undeserving of the mark. To fix this, Quzon is going to try to learn more about the moon deity who's mark he bares when the ring shifts him. He's going to remaincy-build a tower to the moon and cover it with hunting trophies, rituals, and sacrifices. Since strength and war are his only philosophies at the moment, he'll start honoring the moon in the only ways he knows how this season.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kamilla on April 6th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Kamilla’s Song: :

So I’m changing my song for the season to one I was initially very hesitant to pick since it’s by the same person as Kamilla’s FC, which is just a coincidence. I tried finding a cover to use instead but there aren’t any I liked. The song does have more lyrics to work with though, something I needed.

So, Revival... straight forward. To Kamilla, her life up till now has been nothing but a series of failures or rather, lack of successes. Her journey for this season will be to break out of the failure funk she’s been in for a while and be revived and renewed. It will be a season of burying the past and striving towards the future, Syka bringing out a positive change in the young mage, one where she fights for survival, happiness and improvement.

Challenge Checklist

Thread List:
-I Dive Into The Future // But I Sure Know Where I’ve Been
-I Dive Into The Future // But I Sure Know Where I’ve Been Pt.2
-I Dive Into The Future // But I Sure Know Where I’ve Been Pt.3
-Blinded By The Sun
-More Than Just Survival // In The Shadow of The Wizard
-What I've Learned(3403 words)
-Because I’m Happy // I’m Grateful(5177 words)
-Because I’m Happy // I’m Grateful Pt.2
-Showing Up(7045 words)
-Becoming My Own Salvation
-Becoming My Own Salvation Pt.2
-So We Wander // So Who Knows
-So We Wander // So Who Knows Pt.2
-This Is A Revival

Word Count: 48 246

Other:
-Pick Song [Completed]
-Design Plotline[Completed]
-Mash Ups[Completed]
-Conquer or be conquered by wildlife[Conquered]
-Run into the jungle[Completed]
-Write 15 000 words[Completed]
-Write 25 000 words[Completed]
-Design something for Syka[Done, I think]

Challenge Summary

Thread One:-More Than Just Survival // In The Shadow of The Wizard
Words:2905
-Completed 'Run into the jungle'
-Completed Mash/Up

Thread Two: More Because I’m Happy // I’m Grateful
Words:5177
-Completed 'Conquer or be conquered by wildlife'
-Completed Mash/Up

Song: Revival - Selena Gomez
-Completed 'Pick Song'

Completed 'Design Plotline'

Word Count: 48 246
=Write 15 000 words[Completed]
-Write 25 000 words[Completed]

Jungle Fever(Game)
-Completed 'Design something for Syka'

Last edited by Kamilla on June 3rd, 2019, 11:03 pm, edited 50 times in total.
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Roulette on April 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Roulette's Song :

I looked around for a bit in regards to what Roulette's song might be. Being a new PC (and still relatively new to the site), this is the song I ended up choosing for her. The reason for it is really very simple. Roulette is, in the end, trying to strive to be happy. Finding that one thing or person to hold onto that makes her filled with happiness. She projects an outward positive attitude in the hopes that one day she'll really mean it, rather than just looking the part. Right now hiding any negative feelings is something she does her best to hide and bury them. So this song, in a way, is her goal before the season is up or at least close enough to it. I hope this makes sense.
Roulette
Energetic fur ball

Words: 29053
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2019, 4:28 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Finn Reefdiver on April 7th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Finn's song: :

This song I figured fit rather well, Finn is young and naïve and looking for his path in life. He doesn't know what it is or where it will lead to but he is continuing that search in Syka. With being newly created, he can develop as he threads instead of setting a specific type just yet.

Threads:
I dive into the future//but I sure know where I have been - 5,450 words
I dive into the future//but I sure know where I have been pt 2 - 7,950 words
I dive into the future//but I sure know where I have been pt 3 - Ongoing (2700 words)
I don't know where I'm going - 2,490 words
Going down the only road I've ever known - 2,800 words
Answering that bell//And I've made up my mind - Ongoing (1700 words)
And here I go again on my own - 2,850 words
Another day in paradise - ongoing

Total = 21,510 words (25,900 words)
Last edited by Finn Reefdiver on June 3rd, 2019, 12:31 am, edited 11 times in total.
Finn Reefdiver
The voice of the sea, speaks to the soul

Words: 92174
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2019, 2:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sophia Sunshore on April 30th, 2019, 10:14 am

Sophi's Song :

I'm not actually one for music so I thought I'd struggle to find a song for this, but I went back to an old favourite and I think the lyrics fit what I envision for her this season. It's fairly mellow, which doesn't necessarily fit her personality, but they lyrics are right.

This season I want Sophia to really try and figure out her place in the world and Syka. I also want her to really delve into her Gnosis. Both these things are at present something she is struggling with, and if she stops to really think about where she is at the moment, she is actually quite lost. She is a Svefra but she doesn't feel happy on the sea, hence the move to Syka. She is a Witch, but is outside of her assigned biome. She needs to figure out who she is and where she fits.
The lyrics speak about learning to be happy where you are and realising that you just need to slow down to see that you probably have everything you want if only you'd stop to appreciate it. Sophia is always looking ahead, and ultimately that is the reason she feels lost.

Threads
Voices Ringing in Your Head Total: 1184
So We Wander // So Who Knows 404, 496, 408, 562, 586, 570, 429. Total: 3455
We Don't Know // But Don't Know Why 561, 592
It's Just Another Day 622
So We Wander // So Who Knows pt2 522, 679, 548
Heaven Lying at your Feet 724, 588
And I've Made Up My Mind 883, 609
Waiting for you to Awaken 596, 737

Total words: 12'300

Challenge Progress
  • Select Your Character's Seasonal Song! - Done, 'Learn to be Still' by The Eagles
  • Design a plotline/theme around that Song - Done, above.
  • Threads/Mash-Ups - Done. All listed above.
  • Tangle with some local wildlife - Waiting for you to Awaken
  • Run headlong through the jungle - Waiting for you to Awaken
  • Write at least 15,000 words - In progress
  • Design something unique to Syka - Done, pending approval
NOTE: During the Fall Sophia is a Dhani, specifically a golden eyelash viper. See here for more detailed info.
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)