[Greg Has a Book] No U Turns, Except Wednesdays

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Dusk on April 30th, 2011, 2:36 pm

That video made me so, so happy. Oh man. I miss having cable.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Rhuryc on May 4th, 2011, 3:14 am

Don't Stop Me Now

Step aside heartfelt soul food, the sass is back, and it just got itself a make over.

I'm not the coolest cat on the block. Hell, I'm not even a cat, but I can freak out with the best of then. And who is them? Oh, I think you know and in the interest of remaining vague and unclear I'll let that simmer for a while before turning up the gas. Grow some skin. Thicken that up. Grab some humility. Take off your sunglasses at night - no, you don't need to watch me weave - and for love of balls, get your ass a suitable sense of humor. Does that mean laugh? No. It means the world is not on a fatal collision with an asteroid in the coming year and if you let the Aztecs freak you out because they understood the concept of zero then, my friend, we have a doctor just for you. This is the internet, boys and girls, that usual shelf of body language and giggling happy sauce avails you no more. You are what you say and that, for most of us, is a barreling mistake of short, sweet successive failures one after another. "But Greg!" You may exclaim. "How are we to get along and live with each other in peace and harmony?" The voice has a point. Truth? We won't. Hate happens. Annoyance happens. Some people just suck. I, personally, blow. We do it by cutting slack and ignoring those that make use want to beat our heads against the wall. We do it by raging aside in private conversations.

ImageAnd lately that just doesn't feel like enough. Call me a liar (you wouldn't be the first), but I'm patient. Oh. I am. Sure, I prod and poke along with the rest of the universe, but this boiling point of irritated gospel spew is sitting just below the surface, stalking and waiting for that one, snarky bit of sarcasm designed to interject a smidgen of wit in that chaotic mass of post humanistic interactions. Get. A. Clue. Some of us are having trouble keeping a handle on our tempers. Some of us need need our little scrapbooks to keep ourselves from raining all over the parade, otherwise we may just got postal and quit our routes. Stress is only worth what you get out of it and just that much consideration would go a long way to preventing some of us from spiraling out of control.

Drama sucks. I hate drama. Drama can play with itself in the corner. I don't want drama. I want to go and chat and giggle and enjoy and make silly and be srs and blah, blah, blah, etcetera. There is no pertinent message here. This is a call to shut up. To buck up. To get your ass your own cake and then eat that bastard, because cake is delicious and no matter what they say, they are wrong and need to get off my soap box. It's mine, I tell you. Mine.

Extra Credit :

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."
Last edited by Rhuryc on May 4th, 2011, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on May 4th, 2011, 3:21 am

I. Love. The Blues Brothers.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Darren on May 4th, 2011, 3:28 am

Rhu I usually don't say this but man I LOVE your scrapbooks.

The Scrubs video was the final touch for me. I'm suscribing for your stuff if I can figure out how.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Larina on May 4th, 2011, 4:17 am

I've having trouble making this post not be all gushy over how much I love your music selection. Nope. Not gonna happen...But I did have to stop and have a dance party to Mr. Fahrenheit. No shame.

But really. Greg. I love your posts. Don't ever stop, please.
Larina
A Thread in the Tapestry

Words: 73122
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 4:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Rhuryc on May 7th, 2011, 2:28 pm

What Do You Think?

I'm curious. I'm also human. Whoa, epiphany. To cut a short anecdote shorter I want to know what you, fair reader of my scrapping, think. Yes, you, that lovely individual taking time out of the day to read the rantings and ravings of a twenty-something malcontent. Whether it be a scathing review of utter lack of ability or the highest praise one mortal could wish for, I care not. I like to know where I stand with people. It allows me to suck up all the easier. With that in mind, maybe you can toss in a shot or two about how I act, what you don't like about me, and maybe even what you wish I would stop doing. Honesty, my dear lovely reader, is what I respect the most. It may be that you don't want to call me out. Well, bugger on you, pansy face, I would not be doing this if I was not in the mindset to be torn down and built up again right proper. And really, if I don't know what I'm doing wrong, improper, and which shenanigans need to halt, then how would I stop such silliness?

This has a deeper stem, of course. People tend to withhold their opinions. I see it on chat all the time. I do it myself. The folks I spam in private messengers can tell you all about it. Some people hate other people. Oh. My. God. Who knew? So instead of those various snickersnacks and hijinks that seem all-too inviting, I'd rather get this all out in the open and have a good old fashion internet smack talking session. Bring it on. And I suppose that's all I have to say.

Oh yeah. If you're too embarrassed to let everyone know how you think, PMs are awesome. Also, wuss.

Extra Credit :

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ulric on May 7th, 2011, 3:22 pm

You know, after hearing stories about all the duplicity that goes on, I tend to waffle between wondering what's going on in the shadows and feeling grateful that I'm not involved. I only know you from the transient superficiality of chat, which isn't enough to form a full-fledged opinion, but I respect that you're confronting the bullshit. I've found you a bit cocky at times, but generally amusing. I can't say that I give much of a shit how you behave. I'd only care if you were being duplicitous.
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Words: 629666
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Elhaym on May 7th, 2011, 3:30 pm

I sometimes wonder if you're really the same person I'm talking to on Skype when we're playing LoL when I read your scrapbook...

Is that a nasty comment? Hmm. Mull that one over and decide for yourself. Heh heh.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Kelpie on May 7th, 2011, 9:08 pm

I'll have to agree with Jared on this. You're a douchebag playing LoL and you're not ass bad when not playing it. But not like I care it makes me laugh. It's just annoying when you tell someone to "STFU I'M TALKING." :P

Also, I still hate ~. And always will.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 7th, 2011, 9:26 pm

I love Community!! *gives you +5 cool points*

Truthfully, I think you are a snide meanie who needs to go sit in a hole and think about how terrible he is.

Just kidding!

In all truth, I think you are a great person. You are really easy to talk to and you always listen when I have something nasty I have to say.

"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook