[Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Stri Navasarjaka on November 9th, 2011, 3:51 am

01 Winter 511 AV

Stri opened the doors to the imposing building and looked around at the architecture. So this is what Pre-Valterrian buildings look like, he thought, making comparisons between the buildings from the old district, the rest of Zeltiva, and of those in Syliras. The architecture here was vastly different. Turning his attention to the reception area, he immediately laid eyes on the Registrar's desk and stepped into line, awaiting his turn.

"Good day, Mr..." - Stri looked at the nameplate and then back up to the Registrar - "Sanderson. My name is Stri Navasarjaka. I have just recently arrived in Zeltiva and I'd like to enroll in the university... When does the new semester begin? I hope I'm not too late. Are there dormitories available or do I need to find my own place of residence? My areas of interest are mostly Gadgeteering and Animation, though if you offer courses in Glyphing I'd be gracious as well. Also, if there are any available teachers for Mathematics, I could always further my studies in that field..." Stri rambled on, then realized what he was doing and hushed himself, waiting for a reply.
Last edited by Stri Navasarjaka on January 23rd, 2012, 2:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
Stri Navasarjaka
Player

Words: 9408
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2011, 8:53 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Oracle on November 10th, 2011, 4:25 am

Eridanus

Sanderson raised at eyebrow towards the young man leaning on his desk and offered a friendly smile. Courses run about 20 Mizas a piece. You can make the payments here with me. He paused and shuffled through some papers. For magic and any arcane studies you will need to speak with Professor Stonemiller. He can be found at Wright Library. Once you have submitted the application he will either approve or deny it. Sanderson jotted some notes down on a piece of parchment for the young man.

Magic is very dangerous and each applicant has an interview process. He smiled again. Just a formality.

OOCIf you open a thread with Stonemiller and submit it to me I can help you mod it.

Eorar

Sanderson straightened up in his chair as the Charoda approached his desk. It had been a long time since one had enrolled at the university and he was intrigued by the idea. If you could like to sign up for the Winter or Spring classes I will be happy to help you. Morphing is an arcane study underneath Professor Stonemiller. All applicants need to apply with him before admittance due to the...nature of arcane studies.

Philtering is under Theresa Parker the head of Medicine. Both Lilia and Alwin both teach classes on Philtering, Herbalism and Botany. Most classes are 20 GM a class for the season however most teacher will accept labor in exchange. Lilia as far as I know has an assistant but Alwin could be looking for someone. Sanderson jotted down the room number for both professors and handed it to him. Anything else I can help you with?

Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

[Flashback][Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Offi

Postby Elias on November 10th, 2011, 5:59 am

Spring, Day 6, 503 AV

Elias walked down the corridors of the university, paying little attentions to the glorious decoration surrounding him. It was a view he had grown used to in the many years he had spent roaming the halls. Was it seven years now, eight? He couldn't remember. Many things he had seen in this length of time, and not much surprised him nowadays. Zeltiva was a place of 'reasonable' oddities after all.

And then Elias entered the the office, Registrar Sanderson as busy as always with queries from newcomers and full-time students alike. Most of them were there to register for a course, while Elias had another thing to ask of the Registrar. Long had he waited before finally deciding to ask Professor Stonemiller about his father. But before

''Hello, Registrar. Has anyone interesting came about today?'' Not that it mattered, small-talk was the way to go around here. ''Is Professor Stonemiller available at the moment? There's something I have to discuss with him'' Stones was probably overworked, even if he appeared to spend most of his time at Wright's library.

OOCIgnore Elias in your replies for now, I haven't decided what to do with the university with my new character concept.
Last edited by Elias on January 12th, 2012, 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elias
Heroic in his own unique style

Words: 10514
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 6:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Warden Thrice on November 11th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Eorar felt a smile twitch its way onto his face in spite of himself, but it dimmed a bit.

“Spring classes best. I can… labor. I get many good underwater plants. I know what they are, where they grow, what they do.”

He then frowned and tilted his head.

“Where… where is Professor Stoan-mile-er?”
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[Flashback] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

Postby Amadeus Telrunya on November 13th, 2011, 12:01 am

Fall 509

Amadeus had entered the Registrar's office, and stood now blinking a little in the dim light. He glanced around the room. It seemed to be empty, so he walked up to the desk. Without pretense he quickly asked in his brief way:

"Well, what is the procedure to register for classes at this university?" he asked. "I would like to study advanced Riemancy and beginning Morphing, if possible."

He shifted uncomfortably on his feet.
Amadeus Telrunya
Wandering Waif

Words: 7553
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:22 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Wrenmae on November 15th, 2011, 9:22 am

30 Fall, 511 AV

He felt small amid the people surging outside the registration office. So many with strange garb and stranger faces, like the sea of turmoil in Alvadas. Wrenmae cut an odd figure, bent over with the weight of his bulging pack as he struggled through the doors and down the hall. Dawn had struck only recently, the street a poor place for the boy to take a catnap, but it felt safer than Sunberth.

Now he stood at the threshold of understanding, perhaps a new direction in his life. Despite the exhaustion clinging to his features, Vayt had made him seem more healthy, brightly energetic. It was a lie, of course, but Wrenmae would count on any advantage to give a good first impression.

Shrugging off the pack before he made it to the desk, the waterlogged fabric cracked loudly against the floor and fell to one side. Wrenmae hissed under his breath, setting it up against a wall and holding out his hands in an apology.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't know it would fall so hard..." Pushing his hands together, he made a quick bow before pushing his elbows over the counter. His eyes were bright with hope and curiosity, he almost stammered over his words.

"Hello, M-my name is Wrenmae Sek. I...err. I was hoping to receive lessons in Familiary, Shielding, and Animation...if that...err, if that's possible. If anything though, just the first."

His feet buzzed with energy and he continued swaying his weight on them, uncomfortable to be still. All he had, all his travels banked on this moment. He needed to find classes, learn some skill, expand his knowledge. How else could he return to Seidaku without having learned something abroad?

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Siarak on December 27th, 2011, 2:30 am

Winter 11 AV
As he entered Zeltiva Siarak was impressed by the architecture of the Pre-Valterrian buildings he would like to look around the rest of the old district, to compare them to the buildings of today but decide against it. Knowing he came here for a reason he made his way to the registrar's desk, when he got there he was less then pleased to notice there was a line and he would have to wait.
Then it was finally his turn “Hello Mr.….” Glancing at his name plate “, Sanderson. My name is Siarak and I would like to enroll in the university. “The classes I would like to take up is Shielding Voiding as well work on my Glyphing skills a little. On that note how much is the classes is there a way I can do something to get them at a discount?”
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak
I am not to be trifled with

Words: 26848
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on January 7th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Timestamp: 1st of Winter 511AV

Nai'shee decided to finally check in and learn something, instead of just going around and hoping somebody would learn her. She shyly entered the big corridor. She was not shy at all, but she felt this place was full of autority and everything seemed so ancient. She didn't like it at all. But she had to do it, she didn't wanted to spend rest of her life scraping in Zeltiva and dreaming about something with no skill for it. She've gone straitly for the door on the other side of corridor and opened it. The room she entered was full of some paperwork. When she said full, that was the exact word. Everything seemed bigger that it she imagined it. A man was sitting behind a worktable. He was old, with completely white hair. He was looking at something, obviously distracted by it.

"Erm...", she begun, trying to get his attention. "Good morning, mister... Sanderson."

"What is your business with the Registrar today?", he answered, a bit suddenly, almost scaring her. It seemed like he didn't wanted her to distract him, but that was his job, so she didn't care.

"I came to register for classes and get informations. I need... everything, probably.", she concluded with a smile. "When the semester begins, am I late, can I even join, I'm 16 years old, how much I need to pay? I wanted to raise my sailing skills, sailing itself, land navigation, climbing, swimming, sword fighting too."
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Colombina on January 17th, 2012, 5:25 am

OOCHi Guys, I'm going to reply to the Winter applicants. If you were a Fall or earlier applicant and you're still in Zeltiva this season and want a class, let me know. Also, I can't mod the training, you're on your own for now, but I can do a brief Stonemiller intro if you start the thread and put it in my office.

Siarak:

The line had tapered for a moment, and Sanderson found himself with the beautiful scenario of being without applicants. He stared at the wall a moment, reeling with this freedom.

Freedom! His brain sang. Freedom to arrange everything on his desk in perfect right angles. Freedom to dream of that Mura beauty who could recite Nader-Canoch declensions like poetry. Freedom to tab the files of especially annoying students.

Sanderson’s hands raised to begin the desk wide organization, only to hear Siarak’s footsteps.

Ah, as the poets said, freedom sat on the heights, now untouchable.

Shielding, Voiding and Glyphing. Sanderson’s snowy brow raised barely, this one was going to overgive within an era.

“For magic studies, you must be appraised by Professer Stonemiller, who can be found at the Wright Library. He will decide if the course of study suits you.”

Moving on to more pragmatic matters, Sanderson explained, “Classes are twenty mizas, but if that is too burdensome and you have a useful skill, Professors are willing to take on assistants in exchange for reduced tuition.”

He looked at Siarak pointedly, “Do you have any skills that might be of use to them?”

_______

Nai’shee:

Nai’shee’s flood of questions were met with a steady expression. Sanderson took a breath then launched into an orderly explanation.

“You can enroll in classes still. They are twenty mizas per, but reduced tuition is offered in exchange for assisting professors.”

He briefly pursed his lips before continuing.
“We do not teach any manner of fighting, nor athletic skills such as swimming or climbing. Our studies tend towards the honing of mind instead of the body.”

He flipped through a paper on his desk, checking the course list.

“We have an introduction to navigation available with Professor Nettleson and a course that is a practical introduction to seamanship, taught by Professor Swain mostly covering the anatomy of vessels, with an emphasis on rigging.”

Glancing up at Nai’shee he asked, “Are those what you had in mind?”
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Warden Thrice on January 18th, 2012, 6:36 am

79th of Winter

It was a rare day. Syna was in the sky and chasing away the worst of winter’s receding chill, and the city was taking advantage. Even here, on the University’s campus, the sounds of sailors swearing, vendors hawking wares, and wagons moving about fought to be heard over each other, and it was because of this that Eorar was here.

He couldn’t have been over twenty. His head was bald, not as if it had been shaved but as if hair had simply never been there. He kept his head down and eyes ahead, steps nervous. This may have been in an attempt to remain inconspicuous, but it attracted more attention than it repelled. The fact that he was soaking didn’t help, either.

He got in line, avoiding the gaze of anyone who tried to catch his, and prayed for the line to move quickly. It did, surprisingly.

The man relaxed a bit at the sight of the registrar. He had seen him before, though he almost surely wouldn’t recognize Eorar.

“Hello,” he said, quickened speech denoting him as a foreigner. “I am wishing to register here. Morphing and medicine. I have seen Stonemiller in the fall; we agreed I was alright to take classes of magic. My name is Eorar?”

He wasn’t sure if the registrar would pin the name to the bright blue creature the year before; indeed, Eorar prayed for it not to be so. He remembered the staring, and it was, in fact, the reason for using this form. He wanted to avoid more attention than was necessary.

oocOracle and I were planning to do a thread of Stonemiller’s test, but it never happened.
Last edited by Warden Thrice on January 29th, 2012, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext