An Unavoidable Discussion (PM to Join)

Fate unfolds at the campfires of the Syliran - Zeltivan camp.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Rayage on August 29th, 2012, 12:32 pm

The nuit didn’t back away even when it was evident that no one understood him. The knight, the blue fool, still had the majority swayed to him. It made the nuit mad. The fools were going to follow the knights blindly. No matter, it would be their own undoing. Everyone is free to choose their path, and if they follow fools then they surely will perish as the morbidly idiotic do not seem to last very long, even with their strength in numbers.

After all was said and done the nuit laughed. ”Very well,” he said, ”It seems that you all have chosen your sides.” he told them, a plot brewing in the back of his mind, ”Lets hope that you have chosen right.” he said, his words almost sounding like a threat. He was done with them. All of them. Nothing more needed to be said to those too stupid to get his intellect. There was strength in numbers, but one had to remember, Ser Knights, that method is always more important than strength…

The nuit turned to the blue knight and bowed ”Good show.” he said with smile, straightening back up and turning to Eridanus, ”it seems that we will have to postpone our reunion.” he agreed, nodding, before stepping away from the fire, turning his back on the group and making his way through the crowd of people. The shadows began to take him as the light got dimmer and dimmer, and half-way engulfed the Alchemist turned around, ”I forgot to say one thing.” he said, face half hidden by the darkness that he stood in. A silhouetted hand rose with a single finger risen, ”I will be forming my own research division.” he announced, ”I will get to the bottom of this plague before you” he pointed to the blue knight, ”Or any of your supporters can find a cure.” he said openly challenging them all. He grinned, he sounded confident.

”Faith, valor, knightly honor means nothing in the end. Those things cannot protect you from this Plague. Ser Imass is proof, and so are the rest of those knights infected. You all will see.” he said ominously, ”Nature is not picky in what happens naturally. You hear of bears feasting on humans as much as you hear about what they normally eat.” Regardless of the truth of that, it was but an example of a horror story one might hear about the woods at night. It was something that was known if someone wasn’t careful, ”Nature isn’t picky. The same can be said about this plague. It isn’t picky either. It does not judge which gods you follow, or what race you are. It will get you, and you, and you, and you.” he laughed pointing at people as examples, the ones that were ‘cleared’ and did not have the plague. ”its only a matter of time. The healers haven’t made any progress with this” he said, ”and its been in Zeltiva for quite some time…” he said, ”I propose a new way to look at this issue. The konti has already been kind enough to give up the beginning signs of it. Im going to work towards what I have been preaching.” he told them all, ”You can go play pretend with the knights and their gods, their rules, or you can help me get to the bottom of this.”

Ray knew where he stood, and he wasn’t in a very good position, but all that will change. He could care less how much support he got, that just meant less people to worry about. This wasn’t a last grab for support; this was so everyone present will know of his accomplishments. Everyone will soon know who to thank for their cure, for their health, and it surely wasn’t going to be the knights. The Alchemist and his magic could perform wonders the likes that few have ever seen. This, yes, this will be fun. He had total confidence in the power of change, in his power, in his alchemy. Change was every moving, and if he could effect this change to make people ‘healthy’ again, then so be it. He had to… Miro was infected, and he wasn’t about to lose one of his greatest assets.

The Alchemist had a battle plan. It was all coming together in his mind. Yes, so perfectly. Though he doubted it would go so smoothly, if this was going to work he would have to be careful. There were sacrifices to be made, and he knew in the end he was going to end up making more problems for the healers who were brought along, but it would be worth it to find a cure via magic.

The nuit moved back and leaned against the far tree from which he had come. Logic and reason would rule over stupidity. Of that he was sure.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on September 5th, 2012, 3:06 am

Cheers washed over Murdock and swelled to a crescendo. Imass stood, basking in his admiration. One would think he wasn’t sick at all. A moment of pity for the boy, Miro, caught up in the wave of enthusiasm as well as Zeltivans and Sylirans alike cheered this selfless sacrifice of the noble night and his plague entourage. Personally, Murdock was more interested in the plague itself. Before, the Blight had only manifested in worsening infections, colds taken to darker depths, and unexpected fevers. Something had attacked them, somewhere, some natural disease that was claiming the lives of those it infected. His presence only augmented its natural power. Turning away from Eridanus, the konti, and the rest of them, he followed Rayage back into the darkness away from camp. No one seemed to care anymore, still starswept with large words and sacrifices no one seemed to fully understand. It might as well be the Syliran knights and the soon-to-be Syliran knights.

Something about their unyielding self-righteousness rubbed Murdock the wrong way. Imass wasn’t terribly competent, but he spoke with the authority of all knights. Was the lot of them so puffed up with self-importance?

Catching up to his teacher, Murdock crossed in front of him with a dismissive snort, “Say a few words loudly enough and you’ll have every stupid man bending at the knee.” He looked up, leaning against a tree just outside the shadow of the campfire, “What do you propose to do about the illness? I’ll help you, as I seem to be immune to its taint or…” he trailed off and held up his arms, “At the least, I’ve shown no sign of it yet.”

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on September 5th, 2012, 7:35 am

Eridanus frowned at the upcoming events. He had managed to solve a major issue, but it seemed that there was another one coming up. Oh yes, he knew Rayage and the nuit's pride. He had experienced it the first time he met the alchemist. It seemed rather amusing at that time, but it might very well threaten to break the social dynamics that he had been subtly guiding so far.

"Must we form groups and split up, Professor Rayage?" The ethaefal intoned, gesturing to the undead. "I am aware of Imass' declaration. Yet, I also know that he lacks charisma, and surely this is not his aim. Let me speak the words he cannot say then, and verbally demonstrate what his actions cannot show."

"Why not work together? There is no need to declare leadership, or to play politics in some sort of power struggle. It is not the time for it. We all have an ultimate goal, which is to free ourselves from this lethal plague. Should that not be enough to unite us in a single direction?"

Turning to Nira, he muttered, "Thank you for your support, my friend. I promise that I will - one way or another - get to the bottom of this and to emancipate us from the shackles of this mortal disease."

"The konti healer goes with me," He announced to the crowd. "I will not take part in this petty struggle; to me this is not an issue of Syliran versus Zeltivan, or even Knight versus University. It is about us mortals versus this plague, and I know which side I am on. I will do my best to solve this problem. Nira will seek a resolution through mundane means - medicinal or herbal, and I will seek a magical solution. Those who choose to be non-partisan and seek to solve problems rather than to play polarizing politics, know this: I will do my utmost to move us in the direction I described."

With that rhetoric he should hopefully dissuade such non-progressive thoughts. He was not interested in 'playing power', for he was too old for childish matters like these. Instead, he was more interested in solutions, and this was an excellent time for him to measure and test Rayage's character. All members of the Order of Transcendence were expected to focus on rationality and objectivity, to solve problems, expand research and develop new magic and technology without partiality to politics or emotions. Rayage was brillaint, that much was certain, and many of his goals aligned with the Order's. Now he had to see if the nuit's personality and character would be detrimental to the Order's long-term survival.

He refused to allow another Sahova to form in his guild.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Rayage on September 5th, 2012, 1:28 pm

The murderer followed Ray to the tree where they both leaned against it. ”Your words ring true in this case.” he said nodding solemnly, ”What am I going to do?” he asked talking in a normal conversation tone, no longer addressing anyone except for Wrenmae, ”Just like I said. I plan to get to the bottom of it by figuring out how it is spread.” he said simply, ”I can then further study this plague and determine the best way to cure people with the powers of Alchemy.” he said with a smile. ”I can also work around the clock,” he said, ”ensuring that I can come up with something faster than the mortals.” he nodded, ”But details come later. Too many people here.” he said lowering his voice even more, looking around at everyone. They will not steal his secrets.

He had nothing more to say, but then Eridanus cut in again calling attention to the nuit. Ray sat back politely listening, but a frown on his face. He was not amused one bit by this show, and by the end of it Ray laughed, ”Do you really think yourself so infallible?” he asked, ”Why must I” he said the ‘I’ a little louder, ”from a group and divide the people?” he asked, though the question sounded more like a statement, ”You should really ask that question to the blue knight. Do not shift blame of unsound action onto me. I will not put up with such folly.” he waved a hand mentally dismissing everything the Ethaefal just said, ”It was not I who made such bold claims as to segregate and separate. I did not cast the first stone.” he said, ”I simply will not be a part of this idiocy, and I will not be led around by the knights. Surly we do have the right not to participate, or will that be met by the knights cold steel as well?” He asked.

”This is not some game, some petty power struggle. It is a stand. Im taking a stand for myself, and those of like mind, well, they are free to join if they so choose. As I said before, I am not going to parade around with blade drawn pointing it anyone who might rebel. If anything is petty here is that knights” he pointed at Imass an accusing finger that drew some attention to him, ”self-righteousness and misguided attempts at leadership.” he ended.

”I also am not going to let your words for Imass sway me.” he stared at Eridanus, ”I will not let you talk as if you are the knight himself. Children have people speak for them. What does that say of the blue knight? What does that say of his leadership, or of you following him so loyally? Those who do not know the consequences of their words should really stay quiet.” he asked his pointed questions through gritted teeth, ”No!” he exclaimed loudly, the sudden increase in the nuits voice drew the attention of the crowd, ”I will not accept your words as his.” he said again, the accusing finger once more pointing at Imass. Clearly the nuit was frustrated with how things were turning out, and how lowly Eridanus was speaking to him, ”Are you some puppeteer now? Has the great scholar,” It was obvious that Ray was talking in a sarcastic tone, ”taken up a new hobby?” he asked, ”That is foolish.” his hand again cut the air in a dismissing fashion, ”I will not let you speak for the blue knight.” he said again, ”That is akin to letting you speak for a dog and then saying the dog can talk.” he laughed, making his point, ”Idiocy!” he exclaimed, ”And I will not stand for it.”

”The knights have proven their worth tonight by one mans actions. When you join an organization like that your actions reflect on the entire group. If the knights keep that man, Ser Imass, then I cannot help you in your efforts. I will not align myself with people like him, fools who spout garbage and spread their wasteful double standards across land they have no title in.” he took a short pause to organize his thoughts. They are so worried about this disease, the nuit smirked, when they should be worried more about the infection of the over-zealous Ser Imass. ”I will not be a part of the stain this man plans to organize.” he then fell silent having nothing more to say. The Ethaefals words ringed over and over in his head. No more!

He then turned to Wrenmae, "The blind leading the blind. None of them know where to go. Likely to just walk off a cliff." he said leaning against the tree more, crossing his arms.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on September 5th, 2012, 11:17 pm

The shadows remained unstirred around Evalin as she quietly sat and watched the events unfold. Absently she fingered a sharp edge on the end of her staff, but her eyes traveled back and forth between those who spoke, always returning to Nira'lia in the end however. With a small amount of amusement Evalin saw the crowd swayed toward the knights views once more, My... I must admit some surprise for even I did not foresee this. It seems what the Man speaks is more true than any here know.

Tsenrika stirred against her mind, They hearts lead the minds with those who speak of honor and the greater good...

Evalin shrugged, Sheep cannot help being sheep. They only wish to be herded by a strong hand, and beaten into place for the false satisfaction of being 'safe' under the shepherds watch.

Before long the talk, the chatter, the noise of the living began to circle in upon itself, touching upon similar subjects though with different words. Quickly Evalin began to grow bored, and she let her mind drift idly until Rayage made his way to the tree once more. Evalin watched him walk, remaining silent with her expression hidden by her hood. Soon after her eyes followed the path of Wrenmae, someone with whom she had had the displeasure of meeting not long ago. Not bothering to voice her own opinion to what was shared between Wren and Ray, Evalin inwardly sighed, Be we forced to endure another upon this journey then? How I had wished to spend my time winging to Sahova in silence and calm... yet I knew that such would never be. her eyes strayed to Miro for a moment, Yes... never to be...

Looking up as Eridanus spoke, Evalin smiled to herself, My my, even the followers of the knight speak of his failings. I wonder what would befall such a gathering if one were to... She let her thoughts fall into nothingness as she mused half thoughts while Eridanis finished his monolog. Only one bit of information really made it way through to that cold mind hidden beneath the husk of flesh, So then... The healer shall be guarded by her knight, is that it...? Well now that will never do... Her hand touched the chilled surface of her necklace, her eyes staring intently at Nira'lia, as well as at Eridanus as he finished his speech, As the rope bridge is held fast to its poles, so shall I gain footing by cutting the threads one by one...

However, it was when Rayage's voice spoke up once more that Evalin returned her full attention to the conversation. She sighed to her self, closing her eyes and letting her head hang for a moment, My my... So caught up in his endeavor to win the crowd, or is it to disprove the opposition?, the man has begun to lose sight of himself. Evalin blinked her eyes open and looked down at her hand, palm up and fingers splayed, Does he not realize how pointless it is to pursue this subject any further? His claims have been made, his actions decided, yet he seems set to gain some personal satisfaction here. What foolishness...

From within the chilled necklace echoed the voice once more, A wedge is driven, nailed in by the pounding words of an ancient being. Wise words, however radical, are not oft ignored...

To this Evalin shrugged, hating to admit the truth that the Familiar spoke, Be it so... yet still I think it far better to let them think us beaten and weak now so that spike might be driven through their throats while they sleep soundly at night.

When all was said and done and the man had returned to silence, Evalin spoke once more, her words soft so that only those close to Rayage would hear them, "Well then... shall I pluck the flower and singe the roots of the glade?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on September 8th, 2012, 8:45 am

For all that Miro had feared going wrong, it seemed enough was going right. A doubtful part of Miro's mind thought perhaps the plan of the knight had gone awry, but a more trusting side told him the blue man meant well. Nobody wanted to fear for death, not from disease, not from blade, and certainly not from magic. Fear was poison, and though poison was a valuable tool, it was something only to be used in desperation. Today not one person needed to be desperate. If any were near passing, Miro would do whatever he could to keep them alive.

Sure, such thinking was selfless and familiar, but really, so foreign. In his life, Miro had sought to do good, to make people happy at his own sacrifice. If any were to fall in his name, it was only for the greater good or survival. Recent times had shown him how foolish such thoughts could be. Evil and good were in the mind of judgmental people. Those who only acted on those principles walked a fine line. It was not impossible to twist the perceptions of one hoping to do the right thing shifting them to wrong. But the same could be said for one hoping to do wrong, however irrelevant the intention was.

In the end of all things, the only thing that mattered were results. Imass, well, it seemed he got more results than Rayage. As far as Miro could tell, he truly wanted to help people, and he did not raise his blade against the people, but for them. It was not hard to relate, seeing something of his former mindset in the man. Though, still it remained, the best intentions meant little. However he got results, where the Nuit hadn't. Rayage had his own plans still, but he could not dissuade the masses against the man's ideal. Obviously, it was his name as a knight. How envious it made Miro.

Childhood for Miro was littered with stories. All he knew about the world came from them. Being raised with no people around made him a stranger to the reality of it all, but each story had some founding. His favorite story not relating to magic was that of the Syliran Knights. A world renowned title known for their vows to justice. Syliras, had its own story and claim to greatness, but it was the knights truly that made it so. Working at the Colosseum was a grasp at glory, but in the end he only spilled blood to hear cheers. Knights held a foundation of purity and righteousness. A name alone gave them great power, but words only hold sway if they have the means to back them.

Foundation meant a lot, especially in this case. Fear had indeed ruled Miro, and his intentions were of course, the best. His goals when entering the fray were the same as they were now, but it seemed everything else had shifted under his feet. Rayage was not wrong, but he had lost. Imass was not right, but he had won. It even seemed, if it was possible, that Imass had reached Miro's own heart. To praise him, to acknowledge his courage, to believe in him. Such words, even if meant to woo the heart, hit deep.

The smile on his face was worth little to the wealth of feelings below the surface. It cured the insecurities that constantly ailed him, but it preyed on his greatest weakness, his pride. Emotions often swayed and lead his actions, and of course, this was true for many. What was not true for many was the worth of their actions. A slight conflict arose in his mind, yet, such trivialities were often dealt with after glory was bathed in. It was forbidden grace, coming from the mouth of one that opposed Rayage's sagely advice, yet how sweet still it tasted.

Imass believed in Miro's cause, and whether or not it was a lie to cause reciprocated support, the result was so. Miro began to believe in Imass, to see things more clearly in the eyes of a knight. It was his duty to protect these people, good intentions or not. Imass may not have been as quick witted as Miro would hope a knight to be. Perhaps using fear and threats of a blade were dirty tactics, and just maybe winning an argument with a name rather than superior logic was idiocy, but winning was winning. Miro was a winner. Miro would win too.

The proud wizard walked forth, taking a place at Imass' side, ready to address the man in a formal manner. It was not his prediction that he could see Ray in such a light as to be wrong, even if on some slant of view. He did not see himself being acknowledge in such a way either. Miro was not psychic however, and his eyes swayed away from the fire of reason and into the darkness of prideful ignorance. It was not his goal, not his intention going into this, but the result would be the same. Right and wrong, bad or good, whatever any labeled him, whatever any saw him as, it meant nothing. All that mattered to Miro were the tools used to get the job done. Reaching his hand out, he gave the knight's hand a firm shake.

"I thank you for your praise, Ser Imass. It means more to me than you would ever know to hear a knight such as yourself acknowledge me with such kind words. It saddens me to say, but I am not worthy to be a knight. I do not feel brave, doing what I have done. Finding I am sick, in honesty, it scares me. I am not nearly as brave as you might think me, although I do wish it to be true. But there is something that scares me even more." Miro looked at all of the people, some finding they too were marked for death by this disease. To know there was no cure available, how frightening it was. There were others who did not know their fate. How hope could lift one only high enough for a fall to shatter.

"What is more frightening than this sickness? The fact that we all may die before reaching our goal, seems horrid indeed. But nothing worries me more than the division that grows between people when fear takes root. Sick or safe, knight or scholar, man or woman, it all means little." The boy lifted his chin, looking at Imass now. His voice held conviction, and if any were to look in his eyes they would see flames reflected with passion. "We are here as allies now. While you safe from the sickness may find yourself sick tomorrow from helping your fellow man, know he will not forget it. When this disease is a distant memory, and we on our way to complete this quest...know tomorrow that man who infected you will be the sword and shield at your side."

Miro clenched a tight fist and held it above his head. His voice grew louder still, resembling now a yell more than anything. "What I fear is fear itself! Know that I even before knowing my fate had resolved to sacrifice my health to cure us. But I am not a noble man. While it would pain me to see any of my allies fall, my true reasoning...is that I will fall without you by my side in health!" The boy began to heave air in and out of his lungs, shaking from nervous tension. His fist fell from the air, and his head dropped to the ground. He would speak once more, but so that only those listening closely could hear.

"I am not fit to see any of you to health. For all of my skills, they are few in means of helping us." Tears began to form in his eyes, starting to form vague streams down his face. The boy lifted his voice so that more could hear, though his voice would shake. "I can do little but beg you all now. Please...please, all I ask is for you to put away fear. If you can not risk your health, then say so proudly. I will think no less of your decision, only as long as you wish to stand by the group tomorrow. To cure this disease, to save my life, I need you. And yes, I speak to all of you. I may not be able to see you through the end of this quest, but I hope my words stick with you even when we all part ways. We all make a difference, and we all need to do our part."

Miro wiped his face and sighed at the ground. The tears he shed made him a bit ashamed, but not for the reason that most would think. For all of his wise words, he was still just a kid, scared for his life. He was not a healer, not a researcher who could find a solution. He was but a wizard who's only talent was to slay foes. Rak'keli, the most merciful of the divine beings. She gave mortals the gift of healing. Ache took hold in his heart. The things he had done in his life were horrid. To kill, to maim and destroy life, it was all for his survival. But it still haunted him. For all he wanted to abandon that ache, but the innocence in him still yearned to feel remorse.

It was his raising that taught him to use his skills for the sake of others. To help people, to keep them safe, yet he was a murderer. Nobody would take care of him, and yet he still clung to the innocent ideals of a utopia. Half his soul wanted to hurt, half wanting to help, yet all felt pain. Miro was a trained killer, capable of furthering this quest better than most. But what caused his heart to writhe in his chest was that fate. Lhex had destined him to be a killing tool, but why was it not that Miro had been born a healer? Dwelling would only make him feel worse, especially when he knew the answer.

Miro only wished to heal in order to protect people he did not wish to see hurt. To feel helpless broke his mind. For all he could do to protect them against an enemy, nothing could be done here. If he were to die, for all he had triumphed over to get to this point, left behind because he was not strong enough to triumph over disease. His story would be that of a tragedy. None of the stories he liked ended that way. The heroes were always able to triumph over obstacles, otherwise they were not heroes. A realization he would never allow himself to acknowledge until now surfaced. Lhex wrote the story of all mortals and gods, yet so few heroes truly existed. Fate had a preference for tragedy, and Miro's life seemed a masterpiece.

Reality was cruel, but giving up was a coward's way out. Nothing could change fate, so he might as well play the part. All philosophy aside, there was work to be done. Herbs could be gathered to be used for healing, but there was an issue. Miro could not identify plants. With a sketch or written description he stood a chance, but the best bet would be to take the healer. If she was not infected, partying her with infected would almost guarantee such a thing. The former seemed obvious. Though she was off inspecting people, the boy felt he must ask. He lifted his voice, speaking directly at her, hoping she could hear.

"Miss Healer, may I ask a favor of you? I would like to find the herbs your recommend, but I do not want to sicken you. Perhaps you could write a description, or better yet, just draw the plant. It would help a lot." A calming wave of relief hit Miro, and he was able to smile again. He did not expect his emotions to let loose in front of so many people, but he felt the stress melt away after expressing himself. Letting out a relaxed yawn and stretching, the boy thought of sleep. If none would hold him any longer, he would drift off to bed. To get some sleep before sunrise would do him good, lately he had been getting very little.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Imass on September 11th, 2012, 4:36 am

The whole crowd began to bellow in delight at Imass' words. Cheers from the squires and the other men around was a sight to behold. Nira'lia continued to check out the people of the camp and she pledged loyalty to Imass as long as Eridanus agreed to join up as well. Imass smiled as the crowd began to get more and more psyched up.

Rayage the Logician began to speak as well, but his words where meaningless to Imass. He spoke of fixing the problem with magic then turned away. The Knight would not let such evil rhetoric and lies sway him; in one ear and out through the other. Imass was done with conversation it was now time to act. Rayage could keep his sensual arguments to himself. Imass was a true believer. He would commend his life and spirit to Yahal and Nira's god. They would save them.

Eridanus, Murdock, and the woman joined Rayage in the corner. They would continue pointless discussions, but Imass was already convinced. Now it was time to bolster the spirits of the group.

Miro then said his piece to everyone still present at the camp fire. He continued about how he was fearful and he humbled himself in front of everyone. Imass liked this. It showed to the Akalak that he had what it took to be a knight. The Akalak could not respond to all of them individually though, everything was happening so fast.

The Knight did the only thing he knew what to do. Walking over to one of the Zeltivans he grabbed one of their banners. He then turned to a squire and grabbed the Syliran banner. Stepping up on the highest log again, Imass face everyone around him with a big gigantic smile of hope and care.

He reached down and offered a hand to Miro and pulled him up onto the log. He handed Miro the Syliran banner. Imass then reached out towards one of the squires and pulled him up to the log as well, handing him the Zeltivan banner.

Imass was not done yet, walking over to Nira'lia, he picked up the konti by the legs and holstered her to his shoulders. Walking back onto the log the scene was set. The flickering flames showed the amazing scene of Miro and the squire with banners fluttering in the wind. Nira'lia was on Imass' shoulders. The scene was powerful.

Imass looked over the crowd and spoke very loudly, "LOOK AT MIRO HERE AS AN EXAMPLE!!! AN ARMY OF SYLIRANS AND ZELTIVANS UNDER ONE BANNER CANNOT BE BEATEN!!!" His words were obviously aimed at Rayage, although he wasn't looking at him or addressing him, "RAK'KELI WILL DELIVER US FROM THIS PLAGUE!!! PUT YOUR FAITH IN HER!!! PUT YOUR FAITH IN NIRA! SHE WILL SAVE US!! TOGETHER WE WILL OVERCOME THIS TOGETHER!!! WE WILL BE SAVED FROM THE PLAGUE!!"

A squire screamed in the background, "RAK'KELI WILLS IT!!!"

Imass repeated, "RAK'KELI WILLS IT!!!"

Everyone in the crowd started to scream the words: Rak'keli wills it! They chanted and chanted as Imass raised Nira with his awesome arms for everyone to bolster around her. The crowd went insane and everyone was cheering and screaming and yelling in joy and faith.

Imass continued to chant until he realized he needed to get Eridanus in this too. With a free hand he pointed at Eridanus, "ERIDANUS WILL ATTEST TO HIS FAITH TO!! HE WILL HELP US BRING THE PLAGUE DOWN TOO!!!!"

The crowd of squires began to run towards Eridanus in attempt to raise him to their shoulders too.

Imass bellowed another chant, "PLAGUE! GOING DOWN!"

"PLAGUE!!!"

Everyone responded with, "GOING DOWN!"

"PLAGUE!!!"

"GOING DOWN!!!"

"PLAGUE!!!"

"GOING DOWN!!!"

"PLAGUE!!!"

"GOING DOWN!!!"

The crowd was getting extremely psyched up. Men pounded their chest and tears of joy sprang from their eyes. It was a sight to behold.

ooc--sorry for the half fast post I was trying post but not much inspiration came.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Eridanus on September 24th, 2012, 8:59 am

It was getting ridiculous. The professor and his twisted reasoning would be the death of them all. Eridanus sighed, waving his head as if to dismiss the nuit's perceptions.

"I do not support the akalak's actions, but I do see the concept. Therefore, there can be better execution in that regard. How long have you lived, Rayage? For god's sake can't you see the bigger picture at this? You say it is not a petty struggle, but I clearly see you acting like such, just like that day back in Alvadas. That sulky attitude is still there so prominently."

Relenting as his facial features softened in a bid to change the dynamics of his rhetoric, the leader of the Order of Transcendence continued, "You are brilliant, Rayage. That intellect and innovative genius is the very reason why I wanted you in my guild. Your foresight and grand vision for magic and for humanity. You have displayed your knack for being a visionary in that aspect, so it's not like you're not capable of it. Look beyond petty mortal conflicts, just like I have, and see the bigger picture for what it is: an attempt to resolve this plague. It is not a partisan argument we're having; it should be one of unity and of collective strength. Even if you think of a cost-benefit argument, would it not be more efficient to work together?"

"Regarding your worries, I am confident that Ser Imass will listen to me, I have expert authority at least in one aspect and even if he's not willing to listen to you, he will be open to my suggestions."

Shaking his head as he tried to persuade the professor, "The world isn't always about domination and subjugation, Rayage, even if you were forced to conclude so from mortal interactions. It is so much more than that, and to See the Truth you must know that."

Before he could say more though, Imass seemed to have somehow whipped out the crowd fervor ploy, and he soon found himself dragged away and crowd-surfing on the shoulders of the knight's supporters.

"Listen to me, Rayage! Do not be short-sighted!" He yelled as he was brought away from the nuit and towards the collective center of the group. As he found himself being hoisted in the air, he found Nira'lia in a similar state, and he gave her a wry grin.

"Well, that escalated quickly, didn't it?"
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Paragon on November 1st, 2012, 1:25 pm

Imass

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Leadership 4
Rhetoric 4
Intimidation 2
Philosophy 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Taking Charge
Dealing with the Plague
Calling on Allies
Standing Bare
A Leader, Even in Illness
Squire Offerings

Rayage

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Philosophy 3
Teaching 1
Rhetoric 4
Leadership 2
Intimidation 3

Lores
Lore Earned
Futility of Mortals
Making a Stand
Exposing Plots
A Research Threat

Nira’lia

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Philosophy 2
Investigation 3
Medicine 3
Leadership 1
Rhetoric 2

Lores
Lore Earned
The Inconveniences of Travel
The Called Upon Healer
Diagnosing the Plague
A Pacifist

Wrenmae

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Familiary 3
Interrogation 1
Rhetoric 2

Lores
Lore Earned
A Familiar’s Truth
Spreading the Blame
Taking Sides

Eridanus

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric 3
Philosophy 3
Investigation 1
Leadership 2

Lores
Lore Earned
Ethaefal Dreams
Logic in Diagnosis
Called Upon Arcanist
Rayage's Madness
Plague-bearer - or not?

Evalin

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 3
Philosophy 2
Leadership 1
Familiary 2
Rhetoric 2

Lores
Lore Earned
Forgetting One’s Purpose
Tsenrika’s Anecdote: The Alligator Log
Assisting the Healer

Miro

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Reimancy 1
Philosophy 3
Rhetoric 4

Lores
Lore Earned
Covert Casting
Standing Up for the Healthy
Martyrdom
Restraining Power
Plague-bearer

Ball

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Riding 1
Observation 1

Lores
Lore Earned
None

Legend Becomes Reality

Those who weren’t graded were ignored because they haven’t posted for more than two months. Great thread, I really enjoyed the dynamics and politics, especially after I threw a spanner in the works. Good fun guys, it really had an epic sense to it, and I always enjoy drama where characters views collide! Those who were diagnosed will simply suffer a slow burning fever, cold, and sick like symptoms, which will naturally subside when they are not close to Wrenmae. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can work from there.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous