An Unavoidable Discussion (PM to Join)

Fate unfolds at the campfires of the Syliran - Zeltivan camp.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Nira'lia on August 3rd, 2012, 11:08 am

As matters unfolded, the Konti went white in the face. She had not been expecting this at all, and when she was thrown into the spotlight, she grasped upon what she had to do. The scene was quickly changing for the worse, and she didn’t miss the looks of apprehension on the faces of the Zeltivans.

Nira’lia had visited the Infirmary during their short stop in Zeltiva. She had been surprised by the massive amount of patients and the general air of unhealthiness. Nira’lia was told that the city was being infested with rodents, and that even the food and water were going bad. The decline in the general hygiene and wellbeing of the city couldn’t be explained. None of the healers, or even the Infirmary’s Mistress Claira, could figure it out.

The reactions given were varied, but mostly in disagreement to Imass’s words. There was even one person who questioned Eridanus’s input in the matter, and that caused Nira’lia to wonder. Was magic involved?

As the others conversed, she turned to Eridanus and said, “It certainly is strange since we left Zeltiva eight days ago… the city was infested with rodents and was unhygienic, and we should have left all that behind. I wonder why people aren’t getting better, and why more are growing ill?”

Imass looked expectant. While Nira’lia wanted to cower away, it was evident that she had to contribute her thoughts on the matter. The Konti listened to the man who was addressing Imass. His words made much sense. She hesitated upon answering, but realized it would be shameful not to.

“The plague shouldn’t have followed us…” she said, albeit timidly. “But strange to say, it has. The proof is that people aren’t getting better when they should be. I don’t understand… should someone die first before we do something about it?”

She could still remember the sick little boy back in the infirmary. Almost all the healers said the same thing about him—that if the symptoms had been acted upon much earlier, he wouldn’t be on the verge of death. That he would have been given more of a fighting chance at least.

She turned to Imass and said, “The plague isn’t my area of expertise, but it isn’t too difficult to figure out if someone is a bearer… there’s malaise, a high fever, chills, fatigue… there's also swelling, most commonly in the groin area. Aside from bring airborne, the plague is carried by rodents and insects, so… uhm, an infected flea bite would be a good indication as well.”
Last edited by Nira'lia on August 28th, 2012, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Leigo on August 6th, 2012, 12:25 pm

oocThe tourist here is Wrenmae. Just so we’re clear

Perhaps it was the tourist from earlier speaking against the whole idea that got Leigo to stick up for it. Likely. Definitely.
No matter how many times the two bashed heads together over whatever, that man still did walk out on people who were helping him in the first place. There wasn’t much sense in splitting the group over something so simple, at least according to the boy. Yet a side had to be picked.

“Of course it’s going to be a witch hunt! What did you expect?” he’d pause trying to locate the one he was replying to. After failing he would turn back to the knight and Konti and the fire “So what if there hasn’t been a death yet? Do you really suggest we wait for the disease to get bad enough so there actually is a death? Then we can all make good of our company while we dig each other’s graves!” pointing people in the crowd one by one “You’ll die, and you, and you… and I will too. Surely the contamination doesn’t sound bad in such a place as Zeltiva where there’s the infirmary to take care of your needs. This is not Zeltiva however, and there is not enough physicians around, no Laviku’s grace…” then finally turning to the Konti, he’d nod his head in understanding of her words.

“I know you don’t like her because she’s different, or a creature, or whatever the hell you see her as” whatever the hell I see her as “But that doesn’t make her any less skilled when it comes to medicine. All of you know just how renowned their kind is for this. If she says something needs to be done then it’s the truth!” still unsure, he’d remember how another helped heal up his hand not so long ago. He still disliked them terribly, but perhaps he could trust them now… a bit.

“So, unless you have another physician as convincing as this one under your asses, sit down and listen!” another look at the albino and he would finish “What is it that could’ve allowed the plague to spread all the way here? Besides rodents and fleas obviously…” not the best conclusion to a whole lot of talking, but he was content. And speaking against the tourist made him even happier.
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rayage on August 6th, 2012, 6:41 pm

When the child spoke to him, the nuit looked down, ”I have met the knights before, my dear,” he said, ”And their word, especially the word of those things over there,” he nodded over to the Akalak, ”are just the ramblings of those who have more brawn than brains.” he told her, ”There is no reason for us to be subjugated to listen to their drivel.” he paused as the words of others came over him; the blue knight had produced a bag of the ‘plague’. It made the nuit laugh. Such an underhanded tactic he observed the knight throwing it into the fire then blaming Zeltiva. The nuit almost applauded him for his efforts of manipulating the crowd, but again it would be a waste of time. ”For now lets just be content to watch.” he said. The nuit wasn’t this old for being rash and impatient.

Then it was announced, this was a witch hunt. He grinned, way to call it like you see it. There is never more honesty in a person than when they are angry. Some say that is distorts the perception, but Ray disagrees. What really happens is that anger allows one to rip off the mask that you put on for the show, for the public, and with that it allows you to show your true colors. Swords drawn, ready to defend what you think is right. Anger shouldn’t be kept locked up, but rather let out. The nuit was content to see everyone’s true colors. These people were animals, and just like animals they too act in predictable ways when threatened or scared.

As the bag of the plague burned its stench reached the nuit. ”Very smooth” the nuit was being sarcastic, ”Saying that you have something to say, something important to talk about, and then you introduce two people to speak for you. Its disappointing.” he frowned, ”A leader who calls attention then gives the reigns to someone else…” he went on, ”Evalin, that is no way to sway the people. Take notes, for this is exactly what you do not do. Introducing ‘experts’.” he fell silent and watched on, one of the names seeming familiar. Oh yes, how could he forget it? ”You see me, an Alchemist of renown, but yet I don’t go parading around.” he judged them all, and all who would listen to them.

A familiar face made this all the more interesting. It seemed the man was on the wrong side, yet again. Hearing all the decorations and titles bestowed on the two almost made the nuit laugh out loud. What do titles hold that words cannot sway? Do they state ‘qualifications’ or are they rather chains, labels to force the submission of those around them. Pathetic. Idiocy. All human conditions, but something more. It seemed all the races shared it, and not just the humans…

It was then Wrenmae spoke up. He rather liked the man, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he liked the mans other side. He was, much more agreeable. His amusement plastered a grin on his face. This was going to get interesting. ”Evalin, my dear,” he started putting more of his weight against the tree, ”tell me an immortals thoughts.” he said.

OOCMost of Ray speaking he is speaking directly to Evalin. If you are not near them, then there is no chance of you hearing any of Rays words.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on August 7th, 2012, 4:09 am

Evalin settled herself where she sat, absently playing with her slightly shimmering necklace, "As you say then my dear immortal. The prattles of the living have grown far too similar to mine ears over the years. Doubt I that this instance shall turn out any different."

The girl watched from the darkness of her hood, eyeing the decayed piece of flesh with eyes long since dead to the world. A great display this be, a true showage of ones own great pride. I do wonder what it is he hopes to accomplish...? Listening idly to what the man beside her said, Evalin let her mind drift to lazy half thoughts and musings over the entire situation. She watched as those around the fire gasped and turned to look upon one another with equal parts fear and suspicion, smiling to herself and musing as Rayage did, Such as flies are drawn to the scent of decaying flesh, so are these mortal beings drawn in by the prospect of subterfuge, lies and trickery. Is it that they simply cannot exist together without conflict, or perhaps it is that conflict is created when they come together? She pondered this a moment, rolling her staff in her hand as she listened on, Though I do wonder the purpose of this. This knight, this great beast of a man whom bears arms that might crush a human's skull speaks words so mighty yet falls behind others soon after?

Looking up Evalin nodded slowly to Rayage as he spoke, "That I do see the lessons you teach, but some lessons need not be taught. As you have taught me I see more than what is to be seen here." Looking back at the group the girl's eyes fell on the three that stood before the rest, "Though you be not one to claim it so arrogantly, I feel you yourself would not have minded much to be called an expert in your field if for only a moment. Do not forget my dear immortal, we are still caught betwix the land of death and life, yet we still feel some tingling of sensations left to us from when are hearts yet beat."

Still on she listened, at times touching her necklace, and at others rolling her staff. The girl sat as still as stone, eyes always looking. Evalin listened further to the voice of all who spoke, now content to distance herself from the nuisances of the living. As Wrenmae spoke Evalin could not help a smile that touched her lips. This man, this atrocious man who at one time though her but a child, he spoke out so boldly now. I wonder from where this sudden courage springs. He speaks of death and plagues so idly, far more calm than most I have seen thus far. I wonder if he fear not the wrath of these great 'officials', or perhaps it comes from something more? Shrugging Evalin thought, But matter it not. He be a fool in any case. A competant fool whose skills I know, yet a fool none the less.

The sweet kiss of cold touched the girl's mind once more,
A man once lived near a river. He often went out to the edge, pointing and laughing at the logs that passed saying, "You silly things. you are but wood and can do nothing for yourself. You are forced to drift upon this current, unable to choose where or when you will go!" One evening the man visited the river just as he always did, and he pointed and laughed at a log as it drifted by. Suddenly the man found himself dragged from the river bank, blood coloring the water red. The log was an alligator, one whom disguised himself as a log to pull fools from their perch upon the river's edge.

Evalin's movements stilled. Looking down she took the necklace from where it rested upon her chest, tilting her head with a troubled expression upon her face, Speak you more than usual my dear Tsenrika... What has caused you to come forth so suddenly? To this she recieved no reply, and Evalin sighed and looked back out to the crowd.

"For my words you wish, the words of an Immortal?" Evalin gripped her staff as her eyes settled upon Nira'lia, a subtle craving stirring in the back of the girl's mind, "Think I that we must do as we always have. Wait to see the tides of events, and choose our opening to slip within the current... Least we fall prey upon the rivers edge..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on August 7th, 2012, 4:52 am

"That is most certainly a cause for concern," Eridanus replied his companion quietly. He was no city planner nor doctor, but nothing escaped him, and though he only spent a few days in Zeltiva he could see that the city was not functioning normally. The cowered voices, the scattering rats, the sluggish movement of the crowds. Something was afflicting the port city. And that something had followed them here. He had seen the signs, he had observed the detachment. Whatever it was in Zeltiva, it had followed them here.

Several more voices joined in the debate, even with one challenging his authority on the subject, leading him to chuckle with an inward smirk. Let the man challenge then, it did not matter to him. He felt slightly annoyed at Imass for announcing so much information about him, but he knew that judging from the social dynamics here the Knight needed as much credentials as possible, whether derived personally or by proxy. He would not go against him so as to undermine his effort, which the ethaefal recognized to be a worthy one.

"While I may not be a doctor like my gentle friend, I have dabbled sufficiently in the academics and arcane to provide an alternate insight into the situation," He began addressing the crowd after Nira'lia's suggestion. "Let us use simple logic to deduce the origin of this plague so as to make a step closer to devising an appropriate measure. I will be using a corollary of tertium non datur to arrive at a process of elimination."

Standing up so as to allow his voice to reach the crowd better, he continued, "As it stands, the plague must either be mundane or magical in origin. Whether the symptoms are either did not matter, for either could effect the other. What matters is discovering the root cause of it so as to effective eliminate the problem. Now that Nira has addressed the mundane possibilities of the plague, I shall cover the magical aspects. There are three possibilities in this case."

Raising his hand so as to provide a visual aid as he counted, he went on, "Firstly, it could be personal djed, or to the uninitiated, the disease may have originated from the life essence of people. Secondly, it could be environmental djed, or wild djed, that lingers in the surroundings and continually infects us. Thirdly, it could be divine djed that came directly from the gods and their agents."

Looking everyone in the eye as he spoke confidently, he added, "We must seek to eliminate each possibility through circumstantial evidence and logical reasoning, and the only one remaining must then be the cause. I cannot say for the mundane, for I lack necessary knowledge in that field. However, the process of elimination should be thus: Mundane means are the simplest to detect and should be the first to be considered. Failing which, it could only mean that it is magical. With the help of the mage knights and any Aurist in the detachment, personal and world magic origins could be detected as well. If all else fails, it could only be divine djed, for it is the only form of magic not detectable by the magic we have at our disposal."

Eridanus would not know that there are certain gnosis that could allow the detection of divine djed, since he had no experience with them.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Imass on August 12th, 2012, 4:12 pm

And thus the inevitable argument began. Imass knew exactly the reaction he would get from the majority of the Zeltivans. In fact, he had planned for such a lash against reason and faith in the high order of the Knights. He would let the discussion continue. He would not try to convince the Zeltivan's with words. Words did not mean anything to them, nor did a well sharpened blade.

Nay! Imass would lead by example this fateful night.

After hearing Nira'lia's words his mind was made up. The most loyal and zealous Knight would put his own life on the line tonight to show that his beliefs rang true. He would offer his own life in uttermost faith to Yahal. He believed whole-heartedly that through Yahal's help and Tyveth's truth, he would show these peoples that he meant business and that he was the best leader for the motley crew in the camp. He did not fear death, because he knew that if death was the outcome then his gods willed it.

The grizzled waveguard protested straight to the point and made outrageous claims. Next to follow was another plain-clothed man. He spoke with reason and bombarded Imass with faithless questions of doubt and uncertainty. The warrior-monk took this man's comments lightly; he could not afford to hash out a response to him just yet. Nira'lia the Seer approached the group and stated the dead facts of the plague. She was the most helpful so far and whether she knew it or not, it was here judgments that would determine the fate of the individuals of the camp. When she was done a voice a reason entered the conversation, the voice of a young Zeltivan man. Imass was glad to hear Leigo speak. Last but not least, Eridanus the Wise addressed the crowd and offered his insight.

With everything settling down, Imass stepped forward into the fire light. The fire was burning brightly now.

"We do not have time for discussions. The plague has not been found in any other camp than ours. That means we have the burden of extinguishing it. Eridanus will determine if the plague is magical of sort and Nira'lia will determine those infected by the disease. We must stamp this out immediately."

Imass removed his gauntlets.

"I do not ask you to follow me blindly, for many of you have little faith. Nay! I will show you by example. I shall be the first to undergo the inspection and I shall be the first to receive the consequences. This will prove that I speak true words. This will prove my dedication. I will let anyone of you inspect me for the plague as well!"

Imass then began to remove his armor. Imass was ready for this, so his chainmail was already loosened.

"And, good sir waveguard, if I am found with the plague, you will be the one who strikes me down if I do not comply," Imass said pointing at the grizzled waveguard.

After a minute, he had his armor off and seconds later he stripped down to his bare skin, completely naked. The Knight then stood on top of the log in front of the fire for all to see his body clearly.

"Come and determine," he said holding his arms wide.

Imass prayed to Yahal and Tyveth silently.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on August 13th, 2012, 3:21 am

Miro had been off watching the gathering of people from a distance. He could see what was happening, in a position where he could hear just fine. The Syliran Knights and their allies, they did not trust the people of Zeltiva. They were on a witch hunt. The wizard wanted to stay out, to just rest in the shade. Undead had no risk of sickness, but the living, they needed to be careful. Vitality was everything for somebody in the wilderness, especially when the future would hold great challenges. Something had to be done before the finger was pointed at the magic users and a fight ensued.

In his stomach, he felt a nervous duty. Rayage and Evalin needed to be protected, they were important to Miro. They were wizards, but they did not have the means to defend themselves. He would have to be ready for anything. There was something wrong with the situation. Slowly he began to convert his djed into res, leaking it from the pores on along his arms. The boy stood at the edge of shadows with his arms crossed, hiding the res by willing it to rest under his clothing. After a few moments, he had created enough line his shirt and stockpile around his shoulders. Nobody was going to get the jump on him, he would see to that.

Miro walked over past Rayage and out of the shadows. he appeared in plain sight, yet staying shy of the heat radiating from the fire. Of the people around him, he was able to trust only Ray and Eva. There were some that he did not concern himself with, and of course, those also who he watched carefully. The blue knight and horned warrior were drawing all eyes to them, unafraid to threaten the entire group. It made him nervous, but he would have to confront them.

"I hope you don't mind me cutting in here. It sounds to me like you are searching for a wizard to blame for this. Now, I can't trust this at all. Next thing you know, you have to slay us all in your god's name. I am a wizard, and I suspect I am not the only one. You expect an inspection done by your friend to convince us?" Miro's stomach had a firm ache in it. Part of him feared his words being taken as a threat. His eyes began to shift to the people around him. There was tension in the air, but as far as he could tell, no aggression.

The reimancer began to push his hair out of his face, letting his guard down and sighing. "I, will, well. If you are going to investigate, you can do so on the sickness being spread. If we want to find a cure of this, it is best to treat those sick. If there is a source, when the sickness is contained, it should become apparent. Find your information on sickness by interviewing the sick, not us healthy. Needless blame will only create strife." A feeling of eyes being on Miro made him blush. He began to walk backwards, stopping beside Ray. With any luck efforts would be switched to curing the sick. They had a job to do, fighting wasn't going to help anything.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ball on August 15th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Ball was running late, but he had his trusty four-legged mount and companion to get him there soon enough. Up over a ridge and back down it's other side Ball could feel the commotion below, with no real sensory conformation the poor pycon was on his own with feeling the tension.

Not long after that he was surrounded by a group of people and near a campfire. The heat was unbearably warm. Ball could hear Imass speaking of some sort of a plague, missing the beginnings and the burning pile of nastiness in the fire pit.

It was just a pause though as Imass mentioned he was going to be checked first. And that caused the squired ball of clay to react. A split in the side of his form emerged with much tearing and yelps of pain from the Pycon, that was soon ended by silence and then popping noises started, which accented some verbal words.”Wut goeeng on herr?” The words were rudimentary, it was obvious the pycon wasn't used to speak fully yet.

He had been training underneath Imass for almost the entire summer, but he still wasn't prepared to undergo any tests for knighthood.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nira'lia on August 17th, 2012, 3:38 pm

OOC: To all thread participantsParagon sent me a list of which PCs are infected with the plague. Just note that there’s a possibility that your PC might be infected. :) (Well, ‘cept Wren)

It was all happening so fast. Almost everyone had their own input on the matter. She also didn’t miss the two lone figures that chose not to dive into the discussion, though she did feel slightly uncomfortable at the look that the little girl was giving her.

It could have been any of them. Most of them were sick with colds and fatigue. Even if one had the more defining symptoms of the plague, they could attribute it to nothing if they didn’t know about what they had to look for.

The blue knight undressed himself and allowed the crowd to lay their eyes on him. The Konti blinked, amazed at his determination to get his message across. While she was a healer and accustomed to inspecting people, she still felt embarrassed at the situation. She had never had to inspect a stark-naked man in front of a crowd before.

Then there was another voice. It was from another man who didn’t agree with what Imass wanted, and he had told everyone that he was also a wizard. Nira’lia didn’t pay much attention to him for the reason that something else caught her eye.

‘Is that…?’

She looked at Imass’s thigh. There was a flea bite, and it was swelling and infected. She didn’t have to get a closer look to know that, ironically, Imass was carrying the plague. Insect bites or lumps were the most definitive symptom, and the infection normally escalated quickly. It wouldn’t be odd if Imass hadn’t even realized it until now.

When the wizard was done speaking, Nira’lia took that as an opportunity to inform Imass. She was so surprised that she didn’t even notice the Pycon.

“Imass,” she said quietly, not really seeing the need to announce it to everyone else. “Did that hurt a couple of hours ago? I think you… you have the plague.”
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on August 19th, 2012, 4:07 pm

A boy revealed himself as he strode closer to he campfire, and Eridanus twitched as he felt something brush past his skin. Tuning in to his magical sight, he found the boy's aura to be glowing, brilliantly flashing in a hue of pulsing glowing colors. Strangely, the multitude of colors did not actually originate from the boy's aura, but from his clothing.

It cannot be... untransmuted res?

Despite his young age, the boy had somehow managed to collect a multitude of res within grasp, and it was undoubtedly stable, the boy confident in his control over it. Eridanus would even dare to think of such an action to take. The quality of res as derived from further magical inspections left the ethaefal gasping in amazement, and all the above details he gathered pointed to the boy being a very, very accomplished and powerful reimancer.

One that would easily change the stakes of the game should he choose to involve himself violently.

Still, he could not allow words of the discussion to be dictated by those with power, or those in power. It was to be dictated by logic, for the good of everyone involved.

As the boy's face became clear from the campfire light, the celestial child recognized him to be Miro. The boy from the past event in Alvadas, the one who wanted to be a damned cryin' hero, and the one filled with the arrogance and contempt that youths had. The folly of having so much power in one lacking so much wisdom.

"I don't mind you cutting in, Miro, for all perspectives are always welcome. It is a democratic discussion and discourse, not a one-sided lecture. However, I wish to correct you on your misguided understanding here," He made sure to make a sweeping gesture with his arms to catch the attention of the gathered crowd, "We are not searching for a wizard to blame. Like I said, the disease can have mundane or magical origins, and we seek to utilize systematic and meticulous inspection, analysis and logic to discover the truth."

Now addressing the crowd rather than Miro, the fallen creature continued, "To further address our fellow wizard's mistaken perspective, I will reiterate and clarify. We will inspect everyone in this camp, where the plague is believed to uniquely occur. There will be a quarantine within this camp to prevent the outbreak and transference of this 'plague' to the rest of the main body. We will utilize doctors and mages from both Syliras and Zeltiva to ensure objectivity during these inspections."

Looking at the boy coldly in the eye, he stated crisply, "We are not seeking anyone to blame, though your paranoia can be excused in the name of wizard psychology. We seek the origins of the plague, and any other information for it can help to aid us in containing and possibly healing this plague."

There can only be hope that the people in this camp would acquiesce voluntarily, for he knew that Imass would call in the cavalry should there be a disagreement. That would lead to a scenario that he would least want to happen.

As Nira inspected the unranked knight, she released her judgement to gasps from some, but before accusations could be thrown, Eridanus quickly announced, "There we have it. A confirmed infection. Imass, would you kindly retire to a corner away from the rest of the unknowns in this camp."

"Ladies and gentlemen! This is how we will separate the two. First we will inspect and separate the healthy and the infected, and only when we do so can we progress onto the next course of action. What say you?"

He only hoped that Imass would understand the tense social dynamics currently at play and would know how to react appropriately.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

PreviousNext