OOC Info The OLD Common Room

Zeltiva's OOC Thread! OOC chatter goes here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on August 18th, 2014, 1:04 am

I actually missed that detail there, so that can only mean the possibility for the sort of job you seek does exist. :P Definitely something to look further into for sure!
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Enthere on August 30th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Hey Zeltiva, I am looking for people to Rp with, maybe start something before summer ends...I have done a lot of rps with Kelvics recently, so I would prefer playing with someone other than Kelvic. Please pm me if you have any ideas, or just want to plan something with me!
Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere
Surviving. Fighting. Healing. Freeing.

Words: 56259
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Common Room

Postby Aoren on August 30th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Howdy Zeltiva!

I am departing the City of Sails for Riverfall on the 84th of Summer. As of right now I have made a "placeholder" thread. It can be located here! I am happy to have anyone who is able to afford the trip along with me. Just toss up your own placeholder post and when I type up my full intro we can go from there. Before that though here are a few things you need to keep in mind:

1.) If this is your first time traveling the total cost of the trip will be 408 gold mizas. In accordance with the Travel Times lore page that price includes the cost of travel gear (270 GM) and the price of rations (46 GM) to be taken along the trip. If you can't afford that off the bat then unfortunately you cannot make the trip. We will be traveling by sea so I have subtracted the price it would cost to include a horse but I added in the price of passage (92 GM).

2.) If this is not your first time traveling you must still cover the cost of bartering passage on a ship. In accordance to the lore found on the Price List this equates to roughly 1 GM/Day. That brings the total price of passage up to about 138 GM for a 92 day trip. This includes the cost of Fare passage and paying for rations for the trip. (92 GM + 46 GM)

3.) Going by the sea chart it takes approximately 125 days to get from Syliras to Zeltiva by sea. Given that we are not going to Syliras I have subtracted the 45 days it takes to get from Syliras to Riverfall. That leaves us with approximately 80 days of travel at sea.

4.) I am going to throw in about 12 days of added travel time to account for severe weather or other delays such as making port in a city here or there which puts the whole trip at roughly 92 days.

5.) Following this time estimate by leaving on the 84th of Summer we will be arriving in Riverfall around 86th of Fall.

If you are interested in joining me on this trip feel free to just toss up your post. Please just make sure that you can account for all of the expenditures of the trip!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on August 31st, 2014, 4:37 am

Greetings and Salutations Zeltiva!

Wow! Can I just say that I am well and truly honored to have been granted the privilege of assisting all of you in progressing your stories. As I settle into my role I ask that you bear with me. I have quite a bit of information to review, things to get sorted out and tasks to put in order. Fear not though! I shall do my absolute best to cater to the needs of this city with due diligence. Here are a few things you can expect to see from me in the coming days…

1.) I will be working tirelessly on a Seasonal Calendar to be posted as soon as it is approved by the Powers That Be.

2.) Expect an all-hands announcement pertaining to the current status of Zeltiva. There is information floating about that needs to be clarified and after careful review I will be making a sort of “State of the Union” address.

3.) Some renovations will be coming down the pipeline as time progresses but they are projects for later on down the road.

You hearty residents of Zeltiva have been through quite a lot. It is my goal to live up to the spirit of this city and provide for all of you wholesome and compelling material to role-play with as we journey together in our adventures!

Now, a lot of you may be worried about a few things. I am going to make some clarifications on points for which I have already been given guidance:

1.) Jobs. I can assign jobs. I just can’t place them in your Storyteller Secrets thread. After making arrangements with me I will approach a higher authority on your behalf and get back to you. Place your requests as normal until further notice. If you haven’t been assigned a Job but have already placed a request PM me ASAP!

2.) I cannot award wages. I can petition on your behalf. However, this process means I will be approaching a higher authority to do the submission to your Storyteller Secrets. This will take time and it will be done when it is convenient for said authorities to do so. They have their own domains to manage and while their help will be appreciated on a phenomenal level we don’t want to overwhelm them. Please be patient.

I will happily address questions and concerns as they arise and will endeavor to make announcements regularly or as needed. Hang in there Zeltiva! Hang with me! We are all going to accomplish wonderful things together and I look forward to all of it.

Regards,
Perplexity
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Lani Stranger on August 31st, 2014, 5:11 am

*dances* Yay! We've got Perplexity a our ST! Woot woot!
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 31st, 2014, 5:14 am

Did ya Morph, Lani? Pulren will be double confused now. No more kelp beer, ever!

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on August 31st, 2014, 5:30 am

Oh I'm SO looking forward to seeing everything you do for our city, you'll no doubt do an excellent job here in your time as an ST. :D
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Black Onyx on August 31st, 2014, 5:31 am

Woot! I am very excited to see what comes forth!

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Enthere on August 31st, 2014, 11:55 am

Very glad to see Zeltiva getting more attention! Its not that we needed attention...its just that we deserve it and I'm sure our new AS will be so awesome! :D
Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere
Surviving. Fighting. Healing. Freeing.

Words: 56259
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Common Room

Postby Halin'a on August 31st, 2014, 2:05 pm

Welcome, Perplexity! Great to see that we're getting some more attention; Zeltiva can definitely use it!
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext