[Traverse's Scrapbook] Movie Reviews and Mayhem

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Traverse on September 2nd, 2015, 2:37 am

MaddochI seriously thought I had already responded, but I really haven't been posting in my scrap lately. That art, unfinished or no is friggin awesome! I love it, a lot of people cannot quite get Garrus's head (or turian heads in general), I feel like it generally works as a 3-D model better than being put in a 2-D form but bah, wonderful. I just started replaying ME3 and bum rushed Palaven to get my Garrus back to me haha.

So the night is winding down and I figured, hey, new season lets throw up some movie reviews, wow what a great idea Alex, regale the folks of Mizahar with your crazy movie watching skills...and stuff. So I sit down at my computer and can't figure out what movie to write a movie review about, or really... remember much of any of the movies I've watched this Summer. I have a pretty crap shoot of a memory, its all tied to visuals, the reason why I remember actor names and not neighbors or acquaintances is because I see it in print on a movie screen, poster, DvD box, etc. So fun game I'm just going to give you guys a list of all the movies and TV shows I've watched in recent memory (that I haven't already reviewed), from that list I will start doing reviews, if you happen to stop by and glance at that list, feel free to be like "Review that one first!" or "I hated that one, what did you think?" etc. Also fair warning, I've watched some truly horrible things this Summer, and a lot of things...so many things.

Movies

In Theatres:

• Antman (twice)
  • Inside Out
  • Spy
  • Ted 2
  • Trainwreck (twice)

At home first time watches:

• Asylum
  • The Babadook
  • Bed of Roses
  • Beginners
  • Dorfman in Love
  • The Duff
  • Ex Machina
  • The Ghost and the Darkness
  • Footloose
  • Journey to the West
  • Liberal Arts
  • Little Voice
  • Lucy
  • One Day
  • The Pirate Fairy (Yup)
  • Slow West
  • Welcome to the Punch
  • Wet Hot American Summer

At home re-watches:

• Hellboy
  • Hellboy 2
  • Hellboy: Storm of Swords (Animated)
  • The Lakehouse
  • Underworld
  • Underworld: Evolution

Television shows:

• Agents of SHIELD: Season 2 (Incomplete)
  • Daredevil
  • Dollhouse (re-watch)
  • The Flash
  • Gurren Lagann (Incomplete)
  • Hannibal: Season 1 (Incomplete)
  • iZombie (Incomplete)
  • Lost Girl (I've been sparingly watching this because I love it so much, but I heard they're coming out with a new season!!!)
  • Once Upon a Time: Season Whatever they're on nowadays
  • Ouran Highschool Host Club
  • Rick and Morty: Season 2 (Incomplete)
  • Sens8 (Incomplete)
  • Steven Universe
  • Teen Wolf (Incomplete)
  • Starwars: The Clone Wars Season 1 (Incomplete)
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • You Are Beautiful
  • Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (Incomplete)

I am positive I am forgetting things, as my memory is wont to do, but this did help me figure out what I'd like to tell you about, namely things like The Babadook, Ex Machina, and Sens8, as opposed to the nightmare that was Asylum, or Welcome to the Punch. Maybe I should just start with the Pirate Fairy...teehee. Anyway movie and TV show reviews will be on their way, and if I can get though these, I may or may not start doing game reviews...
Last edited by Traverse on September 2nd, 2015, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ball on September 2nd, 2015, 2:45 am

Do the Duff =D
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on September 2nd, 2015, 2:47 am

I'll put in a vote for Spy.

In other news, we have a lot of overlap on movies and tv shows. I can't wait to hear your opinions on them!
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Traverse on September 10th, 2015, 12:51 am

Hey guys!

So I wanted to apologize, I put a little notice in Taloba and the Staff Lounge about how I was busy moving to a new apartment, but in the midst of the moving I applied to work part time at this cool natural food store that was just on the cusp of opening not far from where I live now. I've worked for almost a decade in a small family owned health food store, I still work there once a week, and commute a bit of distance work a long shift there, visit my folks, and paint pottery for my mother on the weekends, which is why I'm usually not on Miz much Friday into Saturday.

I was quite excited to get the job, its familiar, but on a much larger, fancier scale. They have a kick ass meat and seafood department, a bakery that makes me salivate every time I walk by and all sorts of cool goodies, its like a slightly more down to earth and smaller whole foods, best of all everyone so far is just as awesome as the store, despite being stressed to the max with all the hitch ups concerning its soft opening. Because of my past experience, my part time hours have become more like full time hours, and this in combination with me not really having had a full time job for about the past year or so, has really kicked me in the butt.

So that's what's going on with me in a nutshell. I just wanted to let you guys know I'm still around, and will be finding my footing, I am very excited for Fall on Miz, both to focus in on Taloba, as well as get back to writing on Tinnok, who was neglected all Summer.

Hope you guys are having a great Fall too and I'll throw some movies atcha soon, thanks guys for the requests, gives me somewhere to focus :)

-Traverse
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Rosela on September 10th, 2015, 1:26 pm

A new job, that's great! Congratulations and all kinds of good stuff your way :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Traverse on December 2nd, 2015, 2:52 pm

Abiding by One's Namesake

Hello all!

In just a couple weeks it will mark my three year mark as a Storyteller on Mizahar, but whereas the past couple of years I would triumphantly and silently punch the air for another year well done, this winter has a much different feel to it for me, as this Summer into this Winter has been the most inactive spell I have ever had as an ST. If nothing else my scrapbook itself is very telling, my last movie review being in June.

I always have and always will understand ST departures, Mizahar can become an important part of one's life, but no matter how cool and awesome it is it won't ever compare to the life you live outside of it. That being said I always hoped I never would become one of those ST's that slowly dwindled off to eventually become greyed out by Gossamer no matter how much she would have liked to keep them on, which is essentially precisely where I am right now. Around the time of our move and the new job I assured myself that I just needed to get settled in and my drive to return to Miz would return, but it has not happened, and is the reason why this much longer post than needed is about to formulate itself.

Apart from my job, which is thankfully part time, my pottery has been doing quite well. My Etsy shop is in dire straits, but only because of the amount of holiday related shows and shops I am putting my work into this season, and I am very excited because after the Christmas mayhem I am going to buy an artist table at my very first con in April, just a wee thing, but hopefully the start of me selling my work at the perfect kind of nerdy gatherings for my dragons, dinos, and other critters.

In addition I would like to show off the two newest additions to our apartment.

This is Tali, a not planned leopard gecko we received from our old roommate's coworker who had had her for a year and was doing all the work keeping up the lizard while the son she bought her for could care less. We happily snatched her up, joining another leopard gecko and gargoyle gecko we are fostering while my brother is at college.

The second critter we got after traveling down to Manchester for a reptile expo.

If there are any Rick and Morty fans in the room this little fella's name is Schwifty (full name Bibbledy 'Schwifty' Robbins). He (we're still unsure on gender) is a melanoid axolotl, or mexican salamander, an all aquatic amphibian. Those little red guys in the picture are his food source blood worms, and it isn't as gross as it sounds as they come in little red ice cubes you keep in your freezer.

Apart from all of that I've been watching plenty of movies and TV shows, as well as enjoying the heck out of Fallout 4, holy jeez its great. I haven't touched it in about a week building up to a big holiday show this weekend and it has been difficult let me tell you.

So now that I've continued to build up the suspense of this post and tell you my life story I'll get to the important piece of news, which is that I will be retiring as an ST from Mizahar at the end of this Winter season. I will not be taking any new moderated threads unless they are quick little guys to get a job or whatnot, to ensure I leave the least amount of dangling ends upon my departure. Also I would love so much for Taloba to remain open after I leave so if you have ever considered STing and feel drawn to the hot, humid, and dangerous climbs of the City of Bones, please please let me know, I'll be around for a few months yet and we can get the city alive and pumping as well as ready to continue into the future in that time.

I sent a PM earlier to Gossamer with an apology, and I would like to apologize to all of you as well. I never wanted to be 'that' ST, and I will be around more for this Winter to make sure if anyone needs anything from me I'll have your back. I want to thank Dravite immensely for all the grading he has done in Falyndar while I've been shirking my duties, and thank my small but wonderful player base for being so patient with me.

Mizahar has been a very important part of my life for years now, and the idea of leaving it behind is a bit scary, and a bit sad, but I do know its the right thing to do with my life in its present state, and I thank you all for understanding, and look forward to this Winter with you.

As always, Safe Travels

-Alex
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Astator on December 2nd, 2015, 3:05 pm

Aww that is sad to hear Alex. =(

I hope life treats you well and you remain here as a Player at the very least. Long live the Taloban Queen =D
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Postby Dravite on December 2nd, 2015, 5:39 pm

I’m sorry to see this. In the short time I’ve been here you have been quite an inspiring player and ST (from what I did get to read of your RP), and it will be a huge loss for Mizahar to see you retire.

However, I am also excited for you; I think your clay (?) creations are wonderful and it’s excellent to hear that you have found a market for them. I wish you all the best wherever life takes you. Kick some butt in FO4 and look after those awesome pets of yours. You will be missed.

Don

P.s. Anyone willing to ST in the jungle will have my continued grading support (I've always liked the jungle and don't want to see it closed), so if there is anyone out there who thinks they have what it takes, please step forward.
Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Colt on December 2nd, 2015, 6:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. You've been an amazing ST for so long, but real life always comes first. Thank you so much for everything you've done for Taloba and the Falyndar region; you've really been an inspiration. I hope everything goes well for you in the future, and I really hope someone steps up to help out with the city; I wish I could, but I struggle to keep on time as a player, and I don't know if I'd be able to handle storytelling.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on December 3rd, 2015, 12:25 am

Hey Traverse,

Just wanted to send my best wishes and good luck with your clay art. You've certainly done some amazing work on Mizahar and you'll be missed. I'm sad to see you go but it sounds like you've got so much going for you that you really enjoy. All the best. :)
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

PreviousNext