Fall 518: Character Registry

Register Your Characters Here for the Fall Season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Gillar on September 2nd, 2018, 1:19 am

Character Name:
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat, Dialogue, Describing thoughts and feelings, etc etc etc. Please don't tell me you want to be a more consistent writer because I can't help you with that.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop relationships, Increase a particular skill, Learn a new skill, etc etc etc.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Be specific.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Answer here.

You may ask one question of your ST. You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.

Code: Select all
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Type of Residence:[/u] Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
[u]Profession:[/u] What does your PC do for money?
[u]Briefly Describe Your Character:[/u] Give us a line or two about you.
[u]Need Moderator’s Assistance:[/u] Yes or No.  If yes, please explain.

[u]What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often?[/u] You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

[u]What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer?[/u] Combat, Dialogue, Describing thoughts and feelings, etc etc etc.  Please don't tell me you want to be a more consistent writer because I can't help you with that.

[u]What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC?[/u] Develop relationships, Increase a particular skill, Learn a new skill, etc etc etc.

[u]What do you look for in a thread partner?[/u] Be specific.

[u]Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing?[/u] Answer here.

[u]You may ask one question of your ST.[/u] You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.

Credit to Prophet for Registry Layout
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Allassanachassanya on September 2nd, 2018, 9:54 am

Character Registry

Character Name: Allassanachassanya
Type of Residence: Slave
Profession: Slave
Briefly Describe Your Character: A moody Dhani. Ssanya is a begrudging slave to a less than typical master.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? N/A. There is no particular piece of lore I'd like to see in action.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat, NPC interactions.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Skills, in general. Malediction primarily. Combat secondary.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Nothing in particular. Mainly keeping my head down.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? No, thank you.
All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Belugnir on September 2nd, 2018, 10:35 am

Character Name: Einar Belugnir
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident
Profession: Mercenary and an occasional, severely grumpy and backwards good-doer.
Briefly Describe Your Character: ''Wish I was half as drunk as I am tired of everyone's dumb shyke. Might even crack a laugh if that were so...''.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not really, no.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? All of them monsters. Make um take over dah wurld.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Want to improve everything somewhat, honestly, consistency included.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Developing relationships with other PCs, definitely.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Consistency at this point, really, as dull and hypocritical as it might sound.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yus. Tell me what I do wrong.

You may ask one question of your ST. We shall always, forever and ever, demand all the plot spoilers.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Maore on September 2nd, 2018, 1:18 pm

Character Name: Ciraaci
Type of Residence: Slave at the KRI.
Profession: Nothing.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Old, like well-aged cheese, but defined by the hearty flavour of the Sea of Grass. Also, branded with the positive gnosis of Dira, so probably a bit spooky.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, possibly, if I were to be moved out of the KRI at some point.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? My answer from last season still stands; I'd love to see more about Dravlaks, monsters, and the like. I know there may not be many reasons to use them, but I looooove monster lore.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I'd like to manage my time better on Mizahar. I'm often distracted by things off site and lose track of the big picture, which should be my attention to what I'm trying to write.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I'd like to develop long-lasting relationships of the negative and positive variety, with PCs and NPCs alike.

What do you look for in a thread partner? I like someone who's patient and willing to nudge me to post. I am often drawn away from the site by other things and a nudge here or there won't offend me or anything. In return you get someone who is very patient, and willing to write anything with you. Attention to plot detail and character stuff is icing on the cake.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes. I like to be judged.

You may ask one question of your ST. It's nice to see you in Ravok, Gillar. Please sir, can I have some more bread?
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Asterope on September 2nd, 2018, 1:35 pm

Character Registry

Character Name: Asterope
Profession: N/A
Briefly Describe Your Character: A young Eth who feels her purpose is to help people through medicine, questioning things due to her recent experiences.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes; getting set up with a slave master outside of the KRI.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? This seems to be a popular answer, but especially with the recent challenge, I'd love to see more monsters used casually! I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential there.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Accurately and genuinely writing deep emotions; I always feel like it comes off too cliche or cheesy when I write those kinds of scenes.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I want to keep raising her medicine and herbalism skills, and see her have interactions with other PCs that are more than surface level.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Honestly, I'm not picky; however someone who's patient with me is always nice as sometimes it can take me awhile to reply.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Sure, I don't see why not.

You may ask one question of your ST. Not really a question, but I'm excited to see you taking over Ravok! :D

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Ashanna on September 2nd, 2018, 3:22 pm

Character Name: Ashanna / Salome
Type of Residence: Non citizen resident
Profession: Spy/thief
Briefly Describe Your Character: Running away from a painful past, Ashanna is looking for protection from her former slave master.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not at the moment

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Malediction, spy craft, things that go bump in the night

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat, magic and its limits and how not to go overboard, writing with a gnosis (but this character as of yet it not focused neither on magic or godly pursuits)

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Find a bandmate, rise in the ranks of the Ravok underworld

What do you look for in a thread partner? Just have fun, a sense of humor and we're good

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? 100%

You may ask one question of your ST. Sweet or sour?
Ashanna
Player

Words: 33603
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2012, 7:05 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caspian on September 3rd, 2018, 12:56 am

Caspian (Human, half-Vantha)

Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident (will apply)

Profession: Thief, spy, and companion for hire

Briefly Describe Your Character: Caspian is a half-Vantha rogue who has made his way through Ravok on the attentions and patronage of the wealthy elite. He has become increasingly caught up in the glamour and insidiousness of the forces at work, though it is too soon to tell whether this will ultimately be his triumph or his own demise.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: I have a few ideas for job threads in mind, but was hoping to go over them first

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Caspian's mother lived among the Benshira. I left it very vague and open-ended, since the lore is being reworked- so I am looking forward to seeing that revised, and incorporating it with his character history.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Fight scenes. I don't have much experience with them.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I'd like to boost Caspian's skill levels in Larceny, Stealth, Persuasion, and Intelligence (and any other related areas), all towards a career as a master spy. Overall (though it's a very long way from now), I'm hoping to bring him to some degree of involvement with any of the elite families of Ravok, the Black Sun, or the Ebonstryfe.

What do you look for in a thread partner? I like working with writers who put together complex reactions from their characters towards my own- something more than just a gruff nod. I think my answer here is based on not-so-great past experiences on other sites. It doesn't feel that engaging to be a part of a thread if everyone's characters barely acknowledge each other.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes.

You may ask one question of your ST. What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Shiress on September 3rd, 2018, 1:51 pm

Character Name: Shiress
Briefly Describe Your Character: Shiress is a strong-willed, vengeful slave, and a very protective bondmate.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes-- when Shire takes down her Lark slave master.
What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? The monsters of Mizahar! I just recently discovered that page and I am enthralled.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Shiress's thought and emotion dialog, most definitely, learning to express my PC better.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Medicine, unarmed, and dagger skill. I've been tossing about the idea of trying for the healing gnosis this season

What do you look for in a thread partner? Patience and patience.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Please

You may ask one question of your ST. What made you jump in and take on Ravok? Thank you, btw!

A
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ruvya on September 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

Character Name: Ruvya Nighthoof
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident
Profession: Ravosalaman for Nicolo's Ravosalas
Briefly Describe Your Character: Ruvya is a superstitious, tattoo drenched drykas with a sensitive and deeply passionate heart. Having lost her strider, Ruvya has travelled far from her grassland home to learn how to live again amid Ravok's canals.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I can't think of anything at the moment.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? With not losing momentum in a thread, improve my dialogue and combat. A bit of everything.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I'd love Ruvya to meet more PCs, forge meaningful relationships. I'd like her to get herself into lots of trouble this season, at the moment she knows absolutely nothing about Rhysol or Ravok so that shouldn't be too hard! Skills I'd like to focus on are in ravosala driving, navigation, shortbow, unarmed combat & wrestling. I'd like to work towards a Divination gnosis, which is a longer term goal.

What do you look for in a thread partner? The unexpected. I enjoy a good surprise in a thread as it keeps me on my toes and challenges me to write just as imginatively.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes.

You may ask one question of your ST. What 3 words would you use to describe Ravok?

Ruvya
Player

Words: 40558
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2018, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rook on September 3rd, 2018, 6:06 pm

Character Name: Rook

Profession: Slaving it on up in here!

Briefly Describe Your Character: A wary and suspicious maned wolf kelvic boy acting as a double agent between his master and his bondmate's master. Rook is fiercely devoted to his bondmate Shiress and will do anything for her.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Possibly! I had been running some quests with Elias and Belugnir that required ST prompts. If you want to take over please let us know, otherwise we'll muddle through it on our own I suppose.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I love seeing direct divine intervention in play. It's like the coolest thing to me. Seems like you're already working on that!

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? My prose needs work.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I want to try and pump up Rook's intelligence this season and make him the best little spy.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Creative ideas, openness to direction, and being able to go with the flow in thread.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes!

You may ask one question of your ST. Which God is your favorite? (Minus Rhysol if he's your favorite)
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Next