Sunday Afternoon Challenge (5/16)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on May 16th, 2021, 8:03 pm

How about a Sunday Afternoon Challenge?

It's simple. Write from between 2.5-5K words for two tiers of prizes. If you make the first 2.5K goal... I'll list a group of grab bag prizes for your PC to acquire. If you hit the 5k word count today... you can get a prize from both levels... a lower level and an upper level prize. Prizes will be prizes not seen before. I'll craft some new ones. There will be magic items involved and perhaps some coupons. Sign up below if you are going to play.

There is no theme. This is the perfect opportunity to get placeholders filled.

Challenge begins now at 1pm PST. Challenge closes up at 10pm tonight PST.

Good Luck!

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on May 16th, 2021, 8:56 pm

I'm entering with Crylon, will update below as finish:

Thread 1- 546+541+533+514+543+761 = 3,438
Thread 2- 603+532+654= 1,789

Total Words- 3,438 + 1,789 = 5,227
Last edited by Crylon Stonecraft on May 17th, 2021, 1:29 am, edited 10 times in total.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Asterope on May 16th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Sounds fun, I'm in to give it my best shot!

Thread 1: Survival of the Fittest (Part IV) 1,566 words
Thread 2: Reconnaissance 2,351 words
Thread 3: Haunting Memories 1,137 words

Total word count: 5,054
Last edited by Asterope on May 17th, 2021, 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Rohka on May 16th, 2021, 9:41 pm

Is there a muffin man song? I'm not even going to bother looking it up lol.

Excited to write to my heart's content!

First tier, completed a Winter job thread: In Your Hands - 2,559 words
Last edited by Rohka on May 17th, 2021, 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on May 16th, 2021, 11:10 pm

I'm In!

"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 17th, 2021, 12:50 am

Just what I needed to get a start on some new threads

Snakes and Stones May Break My Bones: 611
Sound! Stage! Lights!: 2059
Total: 2670
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on May 17th, 2021, 1:24 am

Figured I'd give it a shot.

The Island Life Part III - 1,526 words

An Uninvited Guest - 1,087 words

Going to have to stop at the first tier. Total of 2,613 words
Last edited by Ialari Pythone on May 17th, 2021, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bandin Everdance on May 17th, 2021, 2:05 am

I'm in.

5k Check In:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post558984.html#p558984
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic81464.html

Total Word Count: 5,026 words

And that's all I got. Phew. Probably stretched it a bit doing that this late, lol. But I was excited to finally get everything going here.
Last edited by Bandin Everdance on May 17th, 2021, 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bandin Everdance
"The part of me that's you will never die."

Words: 95339
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2021, 9:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ari'Ellin on May 17th, 2021, 2:07 am

This looks like it could be fun so I'll see how fast I can write.

Word Count - 511. 518, 502, 514, 614 - 2659

I made the first tier but I don't think I can reach the second. Thank you for the challenge though.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 19th, 2021, 1:33 am

Thanks for participating everyone. Here's the prizes!

Everyone at least gets a Tier 1 prize. If you wrote 5k words in the afternoon you also get a Tier 2 prize. Leave your selections in a post below. Let me know what you picked. You have from now until season change... that's just a few days... to acquire your items in thread. I don't care how you acquire them, but after you select your items, please post a link for the thread you wrote where you got the item in the post you make below telling me your selections. Once you have 'acquired' them in thread, I'll note your SS thread and make them legit yours. :)

First Tier Winners
Rohka
Maderia
Ialari
Ari’Ellin

Second Tier Winners
Crylon
Asterope
Tazrae
Bandin

First Tier Prizes (pick one)

• Frosty Mug – Any liquid placed in this mug instantly becomes ice cold without being frozen.
  • Night Goggles - While wearing these dark lenses, you have the ability to see in the dark to a range of 50 feet. If you already have this ability, wearing the goggles increases its range by 50 feet.
  • Reheating Cauldron – Any liquid placed in this cauldron becomes thoroughly hot (but not boiling) instantly.
  • Blood Powder – A small canister of red powder will instantly stop the bleeding of any wound regardless of how deep or how intense the wound is. One simply sprinkles the powder over the wound to halt the blood loss. It immediately heals all sources of blood loss – arteries, veins, etc. Each canister has twenty doses of the powder. This means twenty standard uses, or half the number for serious life-threatening wounds.
  • Rainbow Hair Comb – This silver hair comb allows the user who has long enough hair to use it to put up their hair with it and then select a hair color. Their hair will then become this color, including their eyebrows and eyelashes. This comb can be used once per day. The color reverts back to normal if the comb is removed. All the user needs to do is speak the color they wish their hair to be when they insert the comb for use. The comb can often get the shade incorrect though, so if someone says ‘sky blue’ one might get a deep blue situation among their locks. It will be the correct color, but the shade is usually questionable.
  • Moon Staff – This long wooden staff is more like a walking stick than a fighting staff. It’s six-foot length is terminated by a Leth looking globe that will glow a luminous almost lantern-like after the sun sets. The globe at the end of the staff then resembles a very full Leth on a cloudless night.

Second Tier Prizes (pick one)

• Handkerchief Tent – This handkerchief acts like a normal handkerchief, but when it’s tossed out on the ground, it unfolds and transforms into the size of a six-person roomy tent with all the fixings. Depending upon the environment it is set out in, the tent morphs to conform to a shelter suitable for that area. Meaning, if it is tossed out on deep snow in the harshest winter, it will be a warm thick substance equipped with a stove inside. If it is tossed out on desert land, it will have sun-blocking properties and adequate shade with roll-up sides to allow airflow. Tropical settings will result in insect-proof netting and rain shelters built into the tent. This tent will have full bedding.
  • Perpetual Icebox – This is a normal upright metal insulated chest that holds standard blocks of ice. However, once a block of ice is placed in it, the ice will never melt and will instead keep the items stored within the chest at cool and frozen temperatures depending on how far away from the block of ice the items inside the box are stored. Directly on the ice? They will freeze. On shelves lofted above the ice? They will be kept cool.
  • Mage Bands – These matching wrist cuffs are linked together by a thin silver chain. Once placed around a mage’s wrists, they will block all ability for a mage to access their magic – regardless of what type of magic they utilize. These bands supress personal and world magic.
  • Repeater Shells – These medium-sized conch shells usually come in pairs and this set is no exception. Identical in every way, the Repeater Shells allow a set of individuals to each have a shell and communicate with each other via the shells. If one user has one shell, speaks into it, the other shell in the hands of the other user will be able to hear what it said out of the echo chamber of the first shell and vice versa. If all is relatively quiet, they can hear and communicate with each other without holding the shell up to their ear. Repeater Shells can also be used to spy on others by being left strategically in say a decorative capacity on a bookshelf in the office of someone who owns the shells. The person can then overhear anything spoken clearly and in relatively close proximity to the shell without anyone being aware. Conversely, though, someone near the shell left as a spy device can often overhear the spy if they are not careful about muffling their own shell. These shells have tiny Leth marks within the spirals of their interiors.
  • The Hand Mirror Of Faces – This magical hand mirror will work once per season. If you speak someone’s name in the mirror, it will give you an unmoving image of the person. If the person is alive, the image will be in color. If the person is dead, it will show the person as they looked on the last day of their life in black and white. You can speak a person’s actual name, but you can also say something specific like “My father” or “The Last King Of The Suvan Empire.” If the person does not exist, or the mirror has no idea, then the image will remain blank. This mirror can only give you images of people that have walked the face of Mizahar.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Next