LOVE: A Valentines Day Mizahar Discussion!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Xelhes on February 15th, 2012, 7:14 pm

I agree, this is a great discussion.

For Xel I am not really sure about him and how he will or if he does fall in love. For now he is more concerned with simply meeting people and having some friends, as well as just trying to find his place in general. For now that seems to be in Denval and helping others but in the end that may not be what he wants at all, then again it could be the thing he does until the day he dies. Currently he does not even fancy anyone which saddens me cause now I cannot RP him flirting which seems like it would be great fun; showing that despite his general well manners that Xel has tendencies that are just as bad as others.

If he does end up falling in love I picture him being sort of a conserved lover. In public and even in private he would not be extremely touchy-feely with the person and most likely try to make it so the two interacted the way they did before becoming intimate. Yet despite acting that way he would still show other ways to convey that he does deeply care for the individual, be it through words, actions, and actually getting physically intimate. So in short he would try to maintain the same level of communication that was once there, yet still express his feelings in a more reserved way instead of constantly professing his love and being highly sexual.

While I personally do want Xel to find someone to love, 97.435% sure it will be male, I do see various obstacles in the way. The first is his age, as despite looking like someone in their twenties he is actually only four, and if he was to tell someone that I can easily see any romantic intentions being removed as most would view it as sleeping with a child. Also, Xelhes still fears that if he were to have such strong feelings for someone that they would simply leave him in the end, either through death or by their own choice. This is probably the main IC problem Xel has as while he does highly cherish the time he spends with friends, he knows that the feelings and moments are ephemeral and despite his best efforts always has the fear and knowledge of the potential heart break that waits for him.

So romance wise that is Xel in a rather horribly describe and possibly confusing nut shell. I do want Xel to find someone to love, and hopefully for the feelings to be reciprocated, but I do worry that it might not happen for the reasons listed and possibly others that could arise at any time. Despite having a few posts with Xel I can still never fully predict what he will do until the moment arrives, and predicting something as complex as love is almost completely out of my hands. In the end it will depend more on what Xel wants, and not what I want.

Last edited by Xelhes on March 11th, 2012, 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xelhes
Player

Words: 159436
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on February 15th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Oh, Ronan's a loser in love :D After his disastrous relationship with Siyana, he pretty much hid from women for the rest of his life. And then Khiara came along, and he realised all that passion was still pent up inside him. But he couldn't have her.

He's not desperate, but I think he's now open to love. He wants someone who shares his view on life. Perhaps he's found the 'one'. Perhaps not. We shall see :)
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Blayze on February 15th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Hmm..well, Lyss is a bit too naive to actually fall victim to love. That and she does lack confidence. I think it's the tentacles that does it.

Nyea hates people in general and has a rather negative view of...well everyone. Working in the dark underbelly of a city will do that to you. So she tries to avoid getting close to people, which is a bit masochistic, since she wants to feel truly appreciated.

Blayze, although being a Konti and automatically incredibly attractive, tends to scare people away with her over aggressiveness and belching in public xD

My girls are forever alone :L :L Well, for now :P
Common, 'cause red's freakin' cool :P
Kontinese. Ew. Look how girly it is..
You really don't want to hear my failed attempts at Tukant xD
Blayze, refusing to eat chocolate covered bugs and stalking Tom Felton since 511AV :D
Blayze
I just have this urge to stab you in the face

Words: 17032
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on February 15th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Lights up. Cue Super Emo. Center stage.

Caelum is in love with Syna. That’s right – in love. That pretty much sums up and explains the whole of his character. He loves others, some of them dead, but none so well as Syna. He has sought surcease in other’s love and mostly failed. He needs to get over this. Seriously.

Dor wants to be in love. Desperately. She loves Duvalyon like whoa, but he totes kicked her butt out (for her own good, of course, says the villain). Big kaboom in Kalinor. Sob. Now she’s kicking around Lhavit looking for someone worthy and who might love her back (and give her shiny things to play with). Best example of this I’ve written yet:

It had sunk in that she could crawl after him and into her death or fly away from him and into the Up. There was no other option or, if there ever had been, Duvalyon himself had buried it beneath a masquerade of faces and neither of them could see the truth through the lying trees.

So instead she studied him one last time, watching the lick of candlelight gift color to an otherwise devoid frame. It exploded in his eyes, fracturing the shimmer of burgundy into something too bright and unreal. Never before had she noticed that his eyes were the color of blood, a reflection off the god whose dogma ultimately drove him in every act, sin or glory. It took fire to do that, a light against Kalinor’s black.

Tomorrow, I want a candle to remove her smell.

“Goodbye, Duv.”

She blinked and did not wonder what it was that brought people to clarity in the last gasps. There would be a hole in her shaped like him and that was all she needed to know anymore.

That’s it for now.

- k.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kavala on February 15th, 2012, 9:54 pm

I thought long and hard before I posted for this thread. Kavala has a very unusual situation in life. She doesn't own her body or her ability to be with a specific person right now. But that doesn't mean she doesn't need love. She needs a great deal of it. I think that's because shes driven and all she does is give to others almost at her own expense. And I think more than needing love, Kavala deserves it. Both Talvas' that Kavala has had, she's loved, because that's made the whole situation she's in a lot better for her. And they've been men worthy of love, so they've made it easy. I think she has a great and deep capacity to love and that shines through in the situations she's in and in a lot of ways made it easier for Riverfall to take advantage of her situation.

But its also hard to talk about love because she's known so very little of it in her time. Interestingly enough, a teenage girl has taught her more about love than anyone else in the game, and that's been a real interesting journey. I think nothings wrong with the girl, and that's been why Kavala hasn't been spending all her time trying to fix her which she has everyone else in her life she's trying to love.

And to compound matters, she's finally met someone with the kind of heart and mind that's almost left her dumbstruck with its attractiveness to her. But she's in no position to act on it right now. For Kavala is one thing and that is faithful to a fault, both in regards to her religion and regards to her obligations.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Naama on February 16th, 2012, 12:00 am

Love. Haha. Well let's see. Murmur I don't ever see falling in love, yet there is always a possibility. Zeneth is a goat, and Daeva is too self-absorbed. I also never really imagined Naama to ever fall in love either, since her whole purpose since creation had been to find her sister and/or die trying. Pretty depressing, really. At least finding love has given her a new purpose, and overall, she really needed someone to hang on to and Ulric is damn well strong enough to do the job. |:)
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Siiri on February 16th, 2012, 4:52 am

Seeing as Siiri's other half is inactive, I'll just say she loves... weapons. Sorry to disappoint the male PC population. Maybe at some point she'll change her mind, who knows?
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Damian on February 16th, 2012, 5:33 pm

What is love? *head tilts* Is that the feeling when you catch a certain scent on a woman and can't help but mate her?
Damian
Player

Words: 29814
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aidara on February 16th, 2012, 9:08 pm

When I originally made Aidara, she was going to be a player. I was going to use the Inartan affinity for affection and polygamy to it's fullest. On top of issues she had with her sister and her own self worth, the replacement of love for physical attentions was going to be key.

But, like all characters eventually do, Addy grew out of what I had planned for her and slapped me in the face with her little hidden romantic side. She wanted desperately to be loved. Her Twin, Sairque, loved her more than anyone else but it wasn't the same. Afraid of being both rejected and sabotaged by her sisters own jealous streak, Addy instead kept to her one night stands and short flings. Being alone was not an option.

Addy hadn't planned to fall in love, but that's when it happens best, don't you think? In a pretty little love-triangle the Twins both found Sira, but for Addy it was love at first sight. And they fought for her, knowing only one could win. Yes, win.

However, with a child on the way and the relationship a year deep, Addy doesn't think about it as having won a competition any longer. With the almost-unhealthy attachment to her sister severed by Sai's bonding with her ornery Wind Eagle, Addy had found the missing part of herself and the void that her twin hadn't been able to fill.

For Addy, love was spontaneous, vicious, painful, and true.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Laszlo on February 17th, 2012, 2:48 am

Laszlo's love life, as it's commonly lauded, is a very torrid thing, and also quite empty. The character is my adventurous attempt at a sort of psychological experiment, a character who is both deep and shallow. As a man burdened by a mortal life he never wanted to have, Laszlo has recently found that sex is a great distraction from all his pain and loneliness. A lot of people might think I'm simply just perverted and want to write smut, but that's really not my aim.

Laszlo is elitist, self-centered, and while he doesn't mean to hurt anyone, can often be thoughtless. Sex is a natural part of an adult's life, and he doesn't see any harm in partaking in it, no reason to abstain. On that note, he doesn't foresee himself falling in love with anyone, either. But even the most reserved of us fall for someone eventually.

My Ethaefal understands basic concepts of relationships and expected fidelity, but he never expected that he'd be in a relationship himself. He's had a lot of lovers, men and women, but they've been anyone from his friend, his Ethaefal kindred and someone he wanted to help, someone he's never even met before, and someone he shouldn't have any business talking to. He once rejected Victor because he knew that he and Seven were locked in a relationship, and didn't want to come between that. Yet, when Abalia publicly proclaimed that she and Laszlo were "together", he went and slept with someone else anyway. Laszlo doesn't believe he's in a relationship.

But he is, even if he's in denial.

I'd even say he's in love with Abalia, but he's too concerned about his own selfish worries to realize it. He actually abstained from sleeping with her because he was afraid she would get pregnant. He (the character, not me) is not even sure whether he can help conceive a child, but being Symenestra half the time, wisely fears the consequences if he did.

So, Laszlo's first true gesture of love was actually NOT sleeping with someone. Irony, huh?
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)