The Quick Thanks Thread!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Orakan on April 19th, 2019, 12:36 am

Just wanna thank Gossamer for all she does behind the scenes that so few of us see. You keep this place going, a place we love, and I am very grateful you continue to care and do all that you do for us and Miz.

I also want to thank Madeira for hopping into Sunberth and knocking out a couple grades for us. You're a pro and your efforts are genuinely and hugely appreciated - not just by other graders who might be struggling to stay on top of queues but by the players who get those well earned rewards you dole out. It means a lot so, sincerely, thank you.

I'd like to also thank the playerbase, as a whole - especially you guys in discord. I love seeing all the support everyone throws around for each other; it means a lot.

Lastly - as Antipodes, I want to thank the staff. You guys offer so much help, feedback and support and I can't truly express what it means to work with you guys. Thank you so much.

<333
“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Shiress on May 7th, 2019, 12:22 am

I wanted to thank Caspian for his abundance of patience. He has been waiting on me to write an opener for our thread since -this is embarrassing- February! Never once has he griped, complained, or threatened violence. Caspian, you have the patience of a saint and I thank you!
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Anja Nightwatcher on June 15th, 2019, 5:23 pm

I wanted to say thanks to Madeira for inspiring me to participate in the challenge this week. I may have been a little *starstruck* when you came into chat and asked what I was going to do for it. You wound up giving me the fragment of an idea that turned into almost 8500 words. I learned so much about Anja through it! And to think I was totally going to skip the challenge. Thank you!
Anja Nightwatcher
Ghost Hunter

Words: 298384
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on June 30th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to Gillar for all of the recent (and prior) lore/price list edits you've made/are making. Everything I've seen has been really awesome!

And Gossamer for putting up with me focusing overly on one minor detail which got stuck in my head.

Thanks to both!
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Gossamer on July 20th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Big thanks to Ines (aka Rimshot in chat) for volunteering to join the wiki team, and editing the crap out of a whole bunch of things... and putting in my next batch of quest items which I was too exhausted to do.

Thanks you so much!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2019, 6:32 pm

One huge THANK YOU to Tarot who worked so hard to move us from our old server home to our new server home. It wasn't without its problems and I know he dedicated a huge chunk of his time today to get us operational.

Thank you so much for 10 years of dedication to Mizahar and its writers. Without him, we would have never existed and continued to exist. He's saved countles people's lives and sanity, though I am not sure he realizes it.

Mizahar gives people a creative outlet and a resource to bury themselves in for healing, comfort, and therapy.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Rohka on September 1st, 2019, 8:32 pm

I realized after reading Gossamer's post above that I've been wanting to thank a number of poeple here, so here goes:

Thank you, Tarot. The site is a joy to play with and to discover the pure fun of writing out a PC's development over time. You make that process possible and you take the time to make it easy and seamless for the player base to use, which is amazing.

Goss said it best and I hope you believe her, but I wanted to send out my appreciation as well, because it doesn't hurt and I honestly needed to express it... Partly because you've taken the name of a system I consistently use for Rohka's own development :D You rock, Tarot!

Thank you to Antipodes as well. You reached out to me a long time ago when I was away from the site, and it was honestly your message that sparked my desire to come back and write again. You have been through so much but you consistently bring out a cheer in your words on Discord, and I hope you know how much your presence in all forms and phases of you is appreciated. And I can't wait to thread with you this season! :D

Caspian and Shiress goodness, thank you both too. For being such creative and genuine and patient and vivid storytellers through threading together!! You're both also really sweet and fun OOC, which really helps on days when we lack motivation to write. Are you excited for the plots ahead?! I sure am.

A super quick thanks to Hauk too - you're openness to thread with someone who has no skills in WS nor hunting really made me happy because it meant you were willing to take a chance on writing together. You write Hauk and Fen in a believable way with details attuned to the outside world and its awesome.

Last but not least, a really huge thanks to Gillar. You did say in a PM that life has been eventful, but Ravok is still beautiful and fun to play with, so thank you for keeping it open and alive for us. You and Goss both care a lot about system of the game and it works in a really cool way! I respect the GGO developments and the amount of thought that went into it. Thank you (and Goss) for the consistent updates and the creativity behind-the-scenes :)

(Edit: I apparently really like consistency because it's the word-of-the-day :p )

Boxcode credit to Antipodes
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Dev'Ania on November 25th, 2019, 2:48 am

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to two people who are active in the Discord chat - Ambro and Mayhem!

Thank you, Ambro, for all of the times you constantly encourage everyone to write! Despite the many times I have gotten home and just wanted to sleep or watch a movie, you have encouraged me to get some writing done to work closer to my NaNo goal! Every day you challenge everyone in a sprint or war and I'm not sure about everyone else, but it sure does help me out a lot! This is the most writing I have ever done! Keep being the little encouragement we all need. Thank you!

And thank you, Mayhem! Thanks for creating the wonderful Mizbot in the Discord! In the midst of getting Syliras ready to be opened, you managed to also set up a very very very useful and helpful bot in the Discord for everyone to use! And you are always looking for ways to improve it! If anyone is not in the Discord and has not checked out Mizbot, you definitely should! It is amazingly helpful when coming up with Miz-friendly prompts and generating all sorts of things! Thanks again, Mayhem!

Thanks again to you both!
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Ines on December 5th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Thank you to Ambrosia for encouraging me without hesitation on my awful, terrible ideas - and for being one of my biggest supporters in my art!!
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

The Quick Thanks Thread!

Postby Mayhem on December 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Thank you to Reed for becoming one of my first players in Syliras after it has been closed for two years!!

Thank you again to Ambrosia and Shiress for popping into Syliras this season and writing with me as some of the first players I will be AS for!!t
Syliras
Lore * Registry * Starting Guide
Mayhem
that's Grandmaster Mayhem to you

Words: 23436
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2019, 2:25 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext