[Phoenix's Vlog] Listen While I Ramble

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Irriari on June 2nd, 2013, 12:47 am

1 for posting/grading!

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Fenris on June 2nd, 2013, 12:48 am

...Raises brow expectantly...

Oh does it now? What's so furney, Miss Phoenix? Ain'tcha never seen a handsome vulture?

Waddles all sexy-like
Fenris
Let me dig you a grave

Words: 20632
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2013, 1:38 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Zed on June 5th, 2013, 10:17 pm

I vote for Writer's Block/Muse!
I seem to be having that problem a ton lately, so it'd be great to hear some insight from you.

EDIT: Oh, and if possible within the timeframe, I'd like to add something in.
People seem to seriously underestimate Wind Eagles in the chat, thinking that new characters or competent reimancers could defeat them with enough "skill". In the Wind Eagle page, we don't have any elaboration on the actual capabilities of a Wind Eagle, just that they're large and scary. How sturdy are they? How difficult to penetrate? What kind of strength do they have? I'm kind of a wind eagle fanboy, so it makes me facepalm when new PCs think that they can take one on alone... I don't think even old PCs would be able to handle a wind eagle.

In fact, it says one Xanthian would require 10-15 regular people to oust it, and it's only 1/2 the size of a Wind Eagle, if not smaller. I presume it's also a lot physically weaker, too. I'm not asking this so I can super OP out my Endal and be like "sorry, but I reject your logic 'cuz Wind Eagle," but rather I just think it'd help grasp the strength of these amazing birdies and also help us grasp the military strength of the Reach as a whole.
Last edited by Zed on June 5th, 2013, 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zed
Perfection comes in red.

Words: 50224
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 6:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on June 5th, 2013, 10:26 pm

I vote Aidara or RS.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Twister on June 5th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I vote for Muse. :3
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Phoenix on June 15th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Answer for Zed and Muse!

http://youtu.be/ob78jr0Qj_M
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 15th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Now that was an eye opener. Watching you with the sharpie was actually a inventive way to bring your point across!

Thinking on what you said though about muse and inspiration, it has actually opened my mind up a bit. Now I know that you really don't just lose your muse, just sometimes hit a wall that you need to get around. Nicely put Jules! :)
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Phoenix on June 16th, 2013, 6:58 pm

I'm glad it helped. I didn't articulate it as well as I could have if I had planned it out but it was completely unplanned. I'm glad it made *some* sense.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Mirage on June 17th, 2013, 12:00 am

Well after much deep thought and consideration I have finally decided to post a comment for this wonderful blog. I have considered the topics discussed and deliberated upon the points made, and I say to the counter that Muse is, in fact, a real thing. Now I discovered this after scouring the very credible google archives, and before I continue I must warn you that the image you are about to see is graphic and could very well disturb you enough to never want to write again.

Now what many do not realize is that a Muse is not a concept, or something that can be obtained at will. It is beyond the realm of man, something almost 'alien' and so utterly terrifying that our minds refuse to see it for what it is. You see a "muse" as the average man tends to call it is in fact a form of parasite, a creature that lives off of creative energies of the human imagination. When one finds their "muse" they have in fact become infected by this parasite, and quite literally are forced to be creative for reasons not of their own doing. It is a terrible, horrific occurrence that should be mourned, not celebrated and lyricized (as Jules' so aptly put it). You see by accepting this muse you are in effect giving away your creativity to its lustful hunger, and when it has sucked you dry it shall quickly detach itself and fly away to find its next host, leaving behind nothing more than a husk of what once was your imagination. The more you rely upon the muse to stimulate your creativity, or whatever reason, the more and more of your imagination it takes upon departure until, finally, you are left unable to see the world outside of the box. Unable to dream, unable to create or imagine. The world becomes just so... ordinary.

So I say to you all, DO NOT RELY UPON THE MUSE FOR YOUR CREATIVITY! It is an abomination, an affront to humanity! It plays the part of some benevolent being who offers you wonders and great works of writing for not effort on your part, but to succeed in such a way... Is it really YOU that succeeded? Or was it the Muse that won, and what shall you do when it steals away the last bit of your imagination, and never returns again? How will you write then my brothers and sisters? Reject the Muse. Let it not into your heart, into your soul! Rise my fellow Mizaharians. Arise and fight back against the horrors of the MUSE! Now I give you something you will never forget, something you will always hold to your heart as the face of writings greatest enemy. Behold, the true face of muse hidden from your eyes!!

The Muse! :

Do not let this thing leach off of you any longer. Stand on your own two feet and create your own creativity. Do not take the easy path, lest you fall pray to a fate far worse than death.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kovac on June 17th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Thanks for the frequent updates on the world of Wind Reach, it helps when all the players there have a good consistent understanding of how things work. And I like to see what flower you will have in your hair.

Oh, and you know, sometimes you just don't feel like writing. Then, later, you feel like it.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext