OOC Info Still Waters Run Deep

Feel free to post any and all OOC chatter for Kenash and Cyphrus here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Tanith Sitai on April 1st, 2016, 4:44 pm

Yay! I'm super excited for this quest!

4/6 Threads

The Raven's Rose | Boxcode's | Adoptable's | Art
Tanith Sitai
Spitfire

Words: 24594
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2015, 3:51 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Baran on April 4th, 2016, 3:30 pm

I thought I'd pop in for the chatter, and to say hi to you all!

It's looking like I won't be able to start RP here until Summer, but well... waves. I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can. :)

Please note the CS is still a WIP! :embarrassed:
Baran
"If you steal my gamba, I will gut you."

Words: 64397
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Achenar on April 4th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Your CS is looking great so far! Can't wait to have you join us. :)
Achenar
Everybody lies

Words: 128093
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Cocoon on April 22nd, 2016, 10:18 pm

Yes, it's one of those posts.

I never thought I'd be writing this, even if some of you knew that I was going to eventually. I would've liked to be around much longer because I've really enjoyed my limited yet rich experience. Some of you may wonder as to why I'm doing this, when the city is active, when the talent is over the roof, and when no problems have arisen with any of you. That's true, there is no known reason for my retirement. I do have a reason, of course, yet that is best kept private. So yes, I'm retiring from Mizahar indefinitely, not only AS wise but player wise.

The city had barely opened, and only recently we picked up that activity that made us one of the best and most active cities in Mizahar, which is something I feel really proud of even if I had no weight on it. It was you, the players, the plotters and the personalities that inspired all that. I have no right to claim credit for any of that, and I won't. In fact, I have been a terrible ST to all of you, both to fellow moderators and players alike. I promised a lot and delivered very little, and there is no excuse to that, so the only option for me is to simply apologize. I would've liked to be more dedicated and repay all of you guys with the city you deserved, with the attention you needed and the ideas that kept you coming back determined to make your claim inside the world of Mizahar.

To be completely honest, ever since I became an ST and you guys messaged me, you warmed my heart. This was only increased in the last few weeks as I got to know more and more of you OOCly, which only confirmed my suspicions that you guys are truly, truly amazing. Your plots, your ideas, your objectives... I got to know most of them because you either reached me with a PM or through other means, and I must say that what I read was simply astonishing. I would've liked to be around for a season, two years, three decades. I would've liked to assist you any way I could with my limited power, yet I couldn't do that, and now I can't even give you even the tiniest portion of the attention you deserve.

Some of you are mad at me, others dissapointted, and others maybe indifferent. I understand. I have no excuse, as I've written above, and I'm leaving in such a rush that makes me feel truly ashamed. Kenash has a bad luck with STs, apparently, and so that luck doesn't seem to want to change.

Now, unless someone steps up by the end of spring, the city will be closed and your characters will have to migrate somewhere else. Migration should be arranged with the ST of your desired moderated city, but it does not penalize your characters with travel times or monetary costs.I'd suggest writing an ST application if you want to keep Kenash open, as it is a very rich experience that aids you greatly in your experience as a writer. The other moderators will gladly lend you a hand, as they have done with me, so do not think you'll be alone in this journey. The moderators are crazy talented people that'll help you get on your feet the first few days and assist you whenever you need help.

I guess that is all. I'm sorry it came so abrupt, and it truly hurts me to not be able to be there for all of you guys. I've always said that Kenash is made by its players, and now that I've experienced it I know for a fact that is true. You've made me feel at home, and I'll never be thankful enough even if some of you despise me now that I'm stepping aside. Just know that every last one of you, those old players that returned when the city reopened, those new players that joined at the beginning of the season, and even those that signed the registry the last few days are wonderful people, and even if we didn't get much time together, I know for a fact that in the swamps there's only talent.

I apologize once again.

- Petyo.
Cocoon
Coconuts & Cocoa.

Words: 97446
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2016, 12:33 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Prophet on April 23rd, 2016, 2:41 am

Ladies & Gentlemen-

In lieu of Cocoon's retirement, I will be making myself available to you for basic needs. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to PM me. Sadly, I do not have time to run threads for all of you. If you were already involved in a moderated thread and find yourself abandoned, please PM me with the link and details and we'll see if we can't figure things out together.

Those involved in the moderated event on the 50th, I have sent you a PM regarding that plot.

If anyone has aspirations to step up and become an ST, I will gladly field your inquiry so you don't have to blindly walk through the process.

That is all.
-Prophet
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Savacea Jovellana on April 24th, 2016, 10:58 pm

Well it seems I have entered Kenash at a bad time perhaps. Cocoon, although we have only interacted briefly I do hate to see you go, as you were very helpful and answered my questions in a very detailed and prompt manner. Thank you for all that and I hope you change your mind.. But I doubt it since you seem determined to leave :(. Either way, I wish you the best.

Prophet is an amazing DS, since my alt is in Endrykas I can vouch for him. So be prepared for awesomeness Kenash folks. :D

Also, putting this here to say that I have been floating around Black Rock for awhile, hoping that someone would take Taloba and open it back up.. No luck there. So here I am! This place is so different compared to Black Rock, so many active players lurking around here. If any of you would be interested in coming up with a plot or two and starting some threads, please send me a PM. I would love to get Savacea used to the Kenashian lifestyle and surroundings. I am up for any type of thread, I love being challenged as a writer so throw any and all ideas my way!

Hope to hear from some of you soon :embarrassed:.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Savacea Jovellana on June 8th, 2016, 3:50 am

With no official ST for Kenash would any players need to migrate elsewhere?
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 18th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Hey all, if anyone had seen my post within the Matchmaker thread. I'm looking for some thread mates who want to write some Flashbacks dating prior to Ferrins leave in 514av. If anyone's interested let me know! Thanks,

Ferrin.

P.S. this means if you want your PC to become friends with Ferrin as kids, or training partners or even his first lover or whatever as I'm working on developing Ferrin more. Also, if anyone wants to have any sort of relationship between the Al'Mandrikans as well! Shoot me a PM or post below!

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Gossamer on September 29th, 2016, 2:00 am

Balderdash has resigned from Staff.

Please note that this city will be closing at Season Change unless someone steps up to agree to storytell here. So if you have spare time and an interest, please consider filling out a Storyteller Application.

Thank you.

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Still Waters Run Deep

Postby Alice Draer on October 3rd, 2016, 9:54 am

Hello all!

A new dynasty brat fully approved with an interesting business open now on Oath Isle. Those wishing to RP simply pm me and we can get things started!

A warning: Alice isn't your usual dynasty member you will deal with.

Also, I realize Kenash -might- close, but perhaps if all of us step up and show how awesome Kenash is, we would be able to prevent it from closing. Maybe even encourage someone to step up and take it!
Alice Draer
Player

Words: 10755
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2016, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext