Open The Nitrozian Party (Closed)

A party at the Nitrozian place is always more than just a party.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Nitrozian Party (OPEN)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 24th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Clyde was a bit late to the party. He had not been in a hurry to get there, so he had ended up getting there in his own good time. Which was not on time.

It had been for no pre-thought out reason, he had not planned to be late. But he found himself there after most everyone else had already entered. There was only one or two guests outside waiting to get in.

Honestly, he had considered not even going. Perhaps, he thought, they had only invited him for appearances, and did not actually want him there. After all, who invited a mage to a party, and actually in fact wanted them to come? More likely, they were afraid of offending him, and making him an enemy. And a master mage as Clyde was, was not someone you wanted to offend.

So he found himself unsure if he should go. If they had only invited him for political reasons, or out of fear, or if they in fact wanted him there. Though really, he supposed he had done business with the Nitrozian's on multiple occasions, and even had met with one and talked at length over magic. So perhaps one of those Nitrozian's that personally knew him had sent the invite.

But he had ended up coming. Dressing in his best clothes of a dark velvet, with a pair of silk robes over it all, which made him look quite nice. The only thing marring his appearance, to make him look a bit less fancy, was the oaken staff in his hands, which Clyde had obtained quite some time ago. He brought it everywhere he went, and would not leave it at home. It was a comforting object to him, and often helped to calm him down and to stay focused, even though it was not magical in any way.

---

As Clyde arrived at the front, he took out his invitation, to show it to whoever was taking them. However, he ended up a bit surprised, to see I'tram there.

I'tram had not mentioned that he was working at the party, though after the orders Clyde had given him, he had not explicitly needed to. Though considering they had just met the day before and spent a good bit of time together, it was odd that he had not mentioned he would be coming and working.

"I'tram." Clyde said, as he nodded once, and gave him his invite. His face was impassive, as he looked at his slave.

"I did not know that you would be working here. Make sure not to get into any trouble. You do after all, represent me."

Clyde would wait for a few moments, in case he wanted to answer, and until he was done with the invitation, before Clyde would head inside.

---

He had made his way inside, and found himself in... Some room... He was not sure what it was for. There was no food or tables in sight, so it was not a dining room. Though he had passed through a huge dining hall on his way to end up here. He could hear the sound of someone singing, and the thrum of some instruments, upon the air. Perhaps some adjacent room for entertainment, or even in a different part of the room he was currently in?

But that was not visible, in the room he had ended up in. Just people. Some chairs, couches, and more people. He was not exactly certain what he was supposed to do, at a party... Come to think of it, he was not sure if he had ever been to a party before. So what did people do?

Clyde walked about for a few moments, before utterly giving up, and deciding to sit on one of the couches. As he settled himself onto the edge of it, he let his hand slide up his staff once, to settle on the top. Feeling the familiar wood, which helped calm him in the midst of this situation. A situation which made him feel uncomfortable.

He had been sitting there for several moments, before he realized he was not the only one occupying the couch. How had he not noticed her?

A woman in a black dress was sitting beside him. No, come to think of it, perhaps he was sitting beside her. Now that he thought about it, she might have been sitting before him.

"Hello." Clyde said, a bit awkwardly, meeting her eyes for a moment. Blue eyes, he noted, before turning back to face the front, and look about the room...

He sat there deep in thought, trying to figure out what people did at parties, looking about at the different talking people he could see in hopes of getting a clue.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on April 25th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Clyde was not the only one wondering what sort of things happened at a party, there were many who had never attended such an event before. For the most part it just seemed that people ate, talked to one another, and watched the various performers ply their trade. A few danced to the music, but most did not. It wasn't really a dancing party. In truth, it was all about making connections. Everyone who had been invited was there for a reason, even if they did not know it, and the Nitrozians were all about making connections.

Outside there were still a few people trying to get in. Up on the roof Axe did not spy any trouble, but down below I'tram found himself in an awkward encounter. Shortly after Clyde entered another man followed behind, approaching nervously. The invitation looked real enough, but here was something about the man that just didn't seem to fit. He was too nervous, his eyes were darting about too much. I'tram could almost sense there was something off about the man.

Back inside an argument broke out between a woman and her unsuspecting husband, who she accused of having cheated on him. Elaine's prank had gone off without a hitch, and within chimes the woman had thrown her drink in the man's face. He swore up and down he was not cheating on her, but there was someone at the party who knew better. Aislin, if she cared to pay attention at all, would recognize the man as a frequenter of the House of Immortal Pleasures, and a sometimes customer of her own.

The argument was a bit of a problem. There was now drink everywhere, and the woman simply would not lower her voice, despite the annoyed look of many of the guests around. Soon enough the guards would likely be called in to deal with it, unless somebody stepped up to take care of it first.

Meanwhile, Sitanos Nitrozian had finally made his appearance in the dining hall, taking a seat at the head of the center table. This was a sign to most that it was time to sit down and eat. To anyone watching it was probably amusing to see the mad scramble for who would get to sit nearest to the influential man. Sitanos himself seemed oblivious to it all, though he was secretly amused, and appeared focused only on the food that was spread out in front of him. In truth, he was indeed rather hungry, but his hunger was for more than just food. Sitanos was an ambitious man, and like any Nitrozian, he was at the party for more than just socializing.

OOC Information :
If I left you out of this post, have no fear. It was intentional. I have planned little subplots for each of you, but I'm not going to start them off all at once. This thread is about making connections, both with NPCs and with PCs, as well as advancing any of your own agendas you might have. So if I didn't give you something to do, go talk to another PC. Make some contacts, get to know some of the other characters in Ravok. And have fun!

Also, now that I've developed all these plots, I'll be posting much faster.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Inoadar on April 26th, 2013, 8:30 am

'There he is again.' Inoadar thought as he watched the young man with the white hair and the obvious weapons. He had first taken notice of him when the Ebonstryfe had dragged him to the murder scene to give technical advice and 'medicinal' aid in discovering clues to the gruesome murder at the turn of the season. The kid had been there as well, and he had noted those eyes on him more often than he cared for.

Inoadar, of course, had his subtle weaponry on him as well. Nothing so blatant as what this youngster had on. Just the blades in the toes of his boots and the spikes hidden in the hem, cuffs and collar of his Nettle Cloak. He didn't have any poison darts equipped, nor any hidden in the wrist bracer that kept five at hand for emergencies, so the blowgun portion of his cane was effectively disarmed, but the stiletto in the crook handle was always handy.

But in a pinch, the fine, heavy, crystal ashtray on the end table would be a grand bludgeon. He had used more unlikely things than that as weapons before.

He didn't notice the young man's eyes on him as yet tonight. But his own eyes had certainly taken note of the insignia on his back. It was the same as the emblem embossed on the signet ring he had retrieved several weeks ago. He had suspected then that it stood for the Lazarin family. Now he was sure. But he had no illusions that it implied any gratitude to be forthcoming. He had done a job, he had been paid. What more was there to it than that?

The only thing he was sure of was that any latent gratitude, for the man that had lifted the ring from the hands of its thieves, would vanish if he was to go running his mouth off about it. Besides, the kid appeared to have official clearance to bear arms. Probably a Black Sun or Ebonstryfe stooge. He wasn't here for them. He looked around, seeing only pampered sissies and spoiled divas. Picking pockets wasn't really his forte. He was more of an odd-job man. And there had been talk of "future dealings" in the note accompanying his invitation. He left the room filled with those wanting to be "seen" and went searching for the one filled with those wanting to be "feared".
Last edited by Inoadar on April 29th, 2013, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aislin on April 29th, 2013, 1:01 am

"Oh hello," Aislin replied rather absently, as iced irises graced the mage with a cursory glance. Finding that Clyde couldn't keep her interest for very long, the whore turned her attention towards the sound of raised voices and dripping moisture.

When she realized who made up half of the equation, her eyes lit up as a wicked grin crossed her lips. "Excuse me," the Chaon whispered as her mark seared. Scorching her flesh as she rose from the couch and moved over to yet another of her former clients; a face without a name.

Her heels clicked against the floor as she crossed the threshold and moved into another chamber. Heart pattering softly against the supple curve of her ivory ribs as she neared. Allowing her eyes to pass over her client as her tongue danced slowly across her lips. They seemed to settle on his middle before moving back up to his pained eyes. Or perhaps it was fear she saw there, because the woman "who couldn't handle him" was catching on.

And know he knew it.

In any matter, Aislin didn't stop to chat with the raging couple. She merely glided past them, snapping her head back into a more natural position when she came out of range. Moving into what she assumed to be a dining table; judging by the masses that were beginning to gather there.

Thinking it best not to be rude, and (potentially), stir up any more trouble, Aislin took up a seat towards the end of the table, opposite of Mr. Nitrozian. She ran her palms over the rippling fabric of her dress; settling the creases by her thighs.

From there, she could only wait.
This pc is a whore in a brothel, please assume that any thread that takes place in the House of Immortal Pleasures, or in Ravok in general, is likely to be of mature content. Thank you!
Aislin
Cruel Mistress

Words: 124775
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2012, 8:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sevris on April 29th, 2013, 6:13 am

Sevris had certainly made a silent impression as he weaved in and out of the party guests. There he the young Lazarin happened to notice another person there. A man. To be specific he had seen this man before when he was on guard duty during a high-class murder. He had been inspecting the body, yet he wasn't with the Stryfe or Black Sun.

Who exactly was he? Sevris made a move towards him when an argument broke out between two couples. The man had been in some sort of trouble as regarding his spouse. It was subtle. But it seemed that he was cheating on her, and he made a quick glance to his left and went back to arguing with her.

He followed his gaze and found his eyes settled upon a beautiful woman who had taken a seat at the end of table. She seemed the type to take a risk in talking to, rejection or not. Sitanos had entered and was instantly attracting everyone's attention. Sevris made a move for the couple however deciding to amuse himself before seating.

He came in between the two who picked up on who he was due to the insignia. "Sir." A slight bow from the woman. The man however just nodded nervously.

"You two are done fighting. Take a seat and enjoy the festivities. And you." He placed a hand on the man who seemed taken aback by his generosity. "Be good." Sevris had a menacing smile on his face because his mark had burned with a gracious feeling. The Chaon had been activated.

The man was now cursed. He wasn't certain what the curse would pay off but he would feel it sooner or later. Now that that had been dealt with. He made his way to the table. Some people were eager to sit next to Sitanos but when they saw that Sevris himself had sought to take a seat next to the man did they sit a bit away from him. But got as close as they could.

Sevris had set his double-blade sword on the wall adjacent to them as he could not sit down with it. Now he had only his longsword on his sash for now. He took a look at his plate and was instantly hungry. Such luxurious food, he wouldn't waste it a second. He hadn't exactly been eating as lavish but it was something he took advantage of when he could.

As he ate, he thought it best to try and stir up a conversation with Sitanos. He was apart of the great families of Ravok and so was he. They'd be better to have strings attached when they needed it. "So Sitano's I believe we haven't met. I am Sir Sevris Lazarin. Pleased to finally meet the famous Nitrozian Patriarch." He tried to summon some air of authority with it but he wasn't exactly good at it. So he played it cool by giving him fleeting glances every now and then.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby I'tram Bearguard on April 29th, 2013, 6:26 pm

So far all the guests had been normal enough, with a few exceptions. One of these was a man who was drenched in what appeared to be sweat, as the foul stench crawled it's way up I'tram's nostrils he couldn't help but crinkle his nose, Yeah, that's definitely sweat. His clothes were disheveled and sloppy. I'tram could only watch in surprise as the guard next to him let the sloppily dressed man through. He was about to go after the newcomer demand to see his invitation when a carriage arrived and a group of well dressed women stepped out and demanded to be let through. For the moment the newcomer was forgotten about.

It wasn't long before I'tram got another surprise, this time it was a more pleasant one though. Coming towards him was his master, the great mage Clyde Sullins. Although the party was already in full swing there were still people arriving. When Clyde reached the top of the small line I'tram inclined his head respectfully, not making it too clear of the relationship the two of them shared. "Good evening master" as I'tram took Clyde's invitation he looked up and spoke again "Sorry about this, I'm just doing my job After examining the invitation for a few moments he reached a decision, "Head on in Sir, I hope you have an enjoyable time then in a lower voice he continued "I won't let you down"

A few minutes after Clyde had entered the manor another man approached. He seemed very nervous and jittery. Many of the party-goes were slightly intimidated about being invited to the Nitrozian party, a natural reaction but this man was particularly edgy. You could almost feel the apprehension seeping out of him. After examining his invitation everything seemed to be in order. Maybe if he had looked harder or was more observant the young warrior might have noticed something off about the invitation but unfortunately he wasn't. "Everything seems to be in order sir"with these words the man breathed out in relief and made to walk past I'tram "but would you be kind enough to let me check your belongings sir? I'tram's tone made it clear that there was no choice in the matter, he was required to be polite though.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength
I'tram Bearguard
Born into shackles and chains

Words: 37894
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2013, 7:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zeke Talbane on May 3rd, 2013, 3:44 pm

Zeke didn’t quite perform as the guests began to fill in the mansion on the Nitrozians. Instead he mingled and allowed the more visual acts to entice and introduce folks to the performance area. Zeke’s cabinet seemed out of place with the rest of the interior decor. The curtains that hung loose along all four sides were stained an almost grey color. Blotches of red dirt stained into the fabric created an almost rusty red splatter across the front, drawn, curtain. Zeke’s costume contrasted the dingee cabinet as he paced the floor. His eyes inspected each person as he passed, unknown to them he eavesdropped on each conversation.

“Who would be the best candidates for some after dinner fun?” He wondered to himself.

“You playboy! How could you have slept with her!” A voice shrieked against the smooth sounds of conversation and music.
“Perfect,” Zeke smiled to himself as he slowly approached. “Time to work,” Zeke adjusted his hat as his body continued to approach the couple.

But deep inside Zeke had begun to set to work on the preparation of his pre-show work. He focused his energy with each draw of his breath. His Djed began to flow excitedly through their invisible pathways that hugged his veins full of blood. “Lets break the ice quick, it looks like you two have drawn some attention,” His eyes noticed some of the higher guard as they silently spoke with each other. “Lets start with a sedative, a strong one.”

“To the hands, my suggestion will pierce like a needle and integrate as stealthy as a parasite into their body.” Only a few steps from the couple, he could tell that his presence was known to them. Zeke’s presence was hard to deny, he hadn’t bumped into anyone even as he moved through the more crowded of areas. “Calm, calm, this man will not judge. Calm, calm, this man is a performer. Calm, I must. Everyone looks. I’m embarassed, but this man helps. He masks embarrassment.”

Zeke’s inner monologue continued as his hands outstretched to softly touch the man and woman’s shoulder. “Hello Lady and Gentleman,” the Lady jerked her shoulder away from Zeke’s hand in shock.

Zeke had expected that, the initial introduction of his presence into their own was always less than smooth. But the target of the subconscious, it went unnoticed by the Lady’s critical analyst and logic of what had occurred. Her brain would undoubtedly rationalize her actions as just a mere reaction to the sudden touch. But Zeke knew better as he extended his hand to the woman once more, “Easy, easy, I just wanted to invite you both to be willing volunteers in my act. It is something not seen often here, some have even claimed it has patched up bad relations.”

“Calm, calm, willing. I want to know more, I think I can trust this man.” Zeke continued his inner monologue, the portions of djed being passed to embrace their own was miniscule and barely noticeable to Zeke. Though a spot of food would benefit him for the upcoming fireworks.

Zeke’s hands never left the couples shoulders, but the woman’s voice was still slightly raised as she explained the situation. Zeke only half listened and instead observed the man’s body, he seemed more susceptible to his suggestion The exasperated expression in regards to the drink that spilled onto his shirt almost seemed to have been forgotten.

“He’ll work fine, but this woman she’ll be the star. Her mind is strong and will bring about a more than thrilling climax.” Zeke gripped Lady’s shoulder and tapped his foot against the wood.

Lady’s head snapped around to look Zeke in the eye, “Why did Gentleman cheat? Maybe if I participate, this man can help me find out why?.”

Zeke smiled outwardly, even though inside of his body he strained and conjured up the piercing thought quickly within Lady’s head. The connection between gazes enough to force the thought into her brain, and Zeke’s heart pounded. He always hated the technique, it was so abrupt and he always feared he hadn’t set it up correctly.

But as Lady’s gaze broke, she turned her head toward the Gentleman, “Lets do it, maybe he can bring the truth out of you.”

“Oh ho, I do not bring the truth out of you.” Zeke patted Gentleman’s shoulder fondly. He turned to Lady, “I’m only but a displayer of an ancient and lost magic that I discovered in my homeland of Alvadas. I am not a mage, but by the end of the night you will be mages.”

Zeke was just as shocked as the couple as Servis made his presence known. Perhaps there conversation was too loud. It was almost as if the couple was stuck in a trance, and they were to a point, but as Servis gave instructions the couple seemed to have been drawn out somewhat.

“Petching, chicken petcher, petch! All that work!” Zeke eyes closed as he noticed it was a man of Stryfe, a fake smile concealed the frustration he felt within his body.

“They were just about to, they just needed someone to talk to. No fist flying here,” Zeke’s eyes opened and focused on Servis. Zeke was warmed up and couldn’t help but channel his djed frustration through his gaze.

A hint that Servis had interrupted and that his presence was not welcomed, at least by Zeke. “I’ll even accompany them to the table, would you enjoy that?” Zeke looked at Lady who nodded.

“As long as you sit between us,” she snorted and pointed her nose toward the ceiling.

“Fair enough maiden.” Zeke began to walk with Lady toward the table, “I never caught your name and his?” Zeke was momentarily distracted as he looked over his shoulder and noticed Gentleman wasn’t nearby.

”Undoing my hard work,” he growled in his own body. “Come along knight,” Zeke’s voice was playfully sarcastic as he called to Gentleman.

Zeke made small talk as he continued to get to know the couple better. But his mind had begun to run through his act. It was technical and required precision as the suggestions would have to be planted into the participant’s subconscious. The suggestion that the masks that they’d soon wear would bring out their inner spirit. The well placed burst of Djed to simulate that their inner soul is indeed wanting out. The suggestion and deception of their mind to willfully step into a trance like state without being directly asked if they’d be willing to go under in a trance. Any indication that Zeke had any hand in what went on in front of the audience would ruin the deception. The Ghost Mask Cabinet, or Ghost Masks, was a signature act for Zeke with an ending that never turned out to be the same.

As they sat, Zeke didn’t eat much. Instead his mind was busy as his body worked to implant the necessary anchors and cues that would be used while they are in a trance.
Zeke Talbane
Jester

Words: 13579
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Inoadar on May 4th, 2013, 5:19 pm

There was a staircase up to an encircling balcony. A number of closed doors featured in the dark paneling, amid paintings, lit sconces and decorative displays of weapons and armor. There were a few people as well, grouped in twos and threes, speaking quietly amongst themselves. There were guards as well. These did not appear to be hirees for the event, but had the look of competent men-at-arms with long resumes of reliable service.

One particular door featured six of them, two with the Nitrozian livery and the other four with varying sigils representing their visiting houses. Inoadar noticed one that had an emblem matching the one the men at Mr. Barton's gate wore. He walked up the stairs, excusing himself as he passed couples and guards. He strode up to the guard with the 'Barton' livery and asked if there was a time that Mr. Barton would be available to see him tonight.

"Mr. Barton himself was regrettably unable to attend, sir. His agent is expected to be occupied all evening. I'm afraid you will have to try again at some other time. Perhaps at his office during regular bells."

Inoadar was nonplussed. "I see. Well, seeing as I was given this invitation with the express purpose of meeting with him; and seeing that I am well aware that it would be grossly inappropriate of me to step into that meeting, I will await the pleasure of his 'agent'. If you will be so kind as to inform him of my presence at your first opportunity, I'm certain he will appreciate your taking the initiative to advance Mr. Barton's agenda." He bowed as he finished and took his leave of the man.

He moved back to the top of the stairs, watching a reflection of the guards in a protective glass guard over a magnificent piece of delicately sculpted ivory. They were likewise watching him and were no doubt aware of the reflection as well. He descended the stairs and found an unoccupied settee that gave him a view of the top of the doors. The view of the guards however, and theirs of him, was cut off by the balcony, but he would be able to tell if the doors were opened. He sat to wait.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on May 20th, 2013, 7:49 pm

While he waited for the party to truly begin, Valerius moved through the house, occasionally sipping from the glass of wine in his hand. He nodded at somebody here and talked to somebody there. He knew that occasions such as this one were important. He wanted people to have a good impression of him and his family and remember him, even after this day. Who knew what the contacts he made today would be good for?

He stopped in front of the stage with the musicians for a few moments as he noticed that his slave, Melenna was with them. She sang well, maybe even better than she had sung in his suite the day he had bought her. As he noticed that the guests applauded, he remarked, “She’s mine. I bought her.” She was not without flaws – she said too many things he didn’t want to hear – but her skill as a musician more than made up for it. The money he had spent on her had been well worth it.

Once the song was over, he nodded at Melenna and gave her the hint of a smile – a sign that he was pleased with her and in a good mood - before he moved on and made his way to the dining hall.

Upon seeing that his grandfather had already taken a seat, he joined him. He didn’t try to fight for a chair as close as possible to the head of House Nitrozian. He didn’t have to. Nobody in their right mind would attempt to take a chair that rightfully belonged to him. He was a member of Sitanos’ family.

Valerius sat completely straight and ate slowly. The food was good, but he wasn’t here to eat and have fun, he was here to see and be seen and hopefully make a couple of new, useful acquaintances.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on May 24th, 2013, 9:51 pm

The night of enchantment as Amelia liked to refer to it. It was the night when the Nitrozian party toke place. The young fortune teller was surprised to be invited to this event, and even more surprised that she had gained a separate invitation to her father. Making her assume, that she had made a name for herself in the ranks of the mighty here in Ravok. And now she was more than just the daughter of Dominick Cross, she was now Amelia Cross, she was known. The thought was pleasing to her mind as back in Syliras, she was a nobody.

The girl made sure to look as close to perfect as she could humanly manage. Her fine black dress, a lace choker around her pale neck , red lips that were painted to perfection and it was all complimented by the black silk like sheet of hair that she made sure to comb over 200 times this evening. Confident in her appearance, in her skills of speech and general knowledge. She walked by her father to the one building, where wonders could happen.

As soon as she and her father entered the party, after showing their invitations, Amelia was left alone with the instruction from her father , that she should try and mingle. This, was something the girl didn’t need to be reminded of, but still, she felt a bit unsure of herself as she had never been surrounded by so many important people at once. Still, her skills of placing a fake confident mask on her face didn’t fail her, she glided through the rooms while holding a glass of sweet, white wine and chatting up most anybody who seemed interesting enough. For a few moments she even considered speaking with the few most defiantly attractive slaves who were here, but the thought of her using this event to chat up slaves didn’t really feel right.

Throughout the event, she managed to spot a few familiar faces. Some of them she’d seen in the temple, some just customers and some, strangely, nothing but mere folks of crafts that she wasn’t sure, how exactly got in. None the less, she preferred to not pay attention to the little people. However, the moment she heard a woman shouting, she couldn’t really help but look towards the direction. It didn’t seem that interesting, up until she saw a certain man step in. She couldn’t help but listen to the voice that sounded so familiar, the insignia on his back and the features on his face. It all was so familiar to her, it was none other than Sevris.

It had been ages since the girl had seen him, but as soon as the head of the Nitrozian household entered her mind was drawn away from the old friend. Everyone rushed to the dining table, and Sevris, had taken a seat next to the man. Amelia knew it was suicide to try and sneak in. She glanced around the dining table, she sat more towards the Sitanos’ end of the table than the other, but still, she was far enough from them to not seem obnoxious. The girl didn’t really eat much, just nibbled her food as she wasn’t exactly hungry. She was much more interested in listening to the discussion around her and dropping an occasional smile towards the familiar faces.

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext