[Radiant's Scrapbook] Music Gallery

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Radiant on April 14th, 2014, 12:45 am

So I bought a old-released scaled figure of Rachel Alucard, Gothic Lolita Vampire from BlazBlue. I have a fascination with red-eyed characters which I not-so-subtly show with two of my PCs having red-eyes *ahem*.

Picture Courtesy of Good Smile Company :

Also, I have posted her theme "Queen of Rose" a long time ago in this scrap, but that particular video got taken down, I think it's the appropriate time to post it again!

Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 16th, 2014, 5:20 am

Playtime Song~♪

"Now who wants to be my cute little dolly~?"

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Evalin on April 22nd, 2014, 4:12 am

Dropping this here as well XD

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on April 24th, 2014, 6:52 am

Thank you for the awesome song, Evalin! :D

================

Since Project Diva F 2nd was released, I'm going to re-post Aka's theme, now with smoother animation and (in my opinion) better 3D models.

Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro sung by Hatsune Miku. Her costume in the song is my source for Aka's avatar.

"Yaaaa~ Iyaaaa~ Rasetsu to Mukuro!"

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Radiant on April 25th, 2014, 4:39 am

Huge whiny rant ahead.

A heads up, I seldom do this kind of things, I'm a rather closed and private person and often kept my feelings to myself, but damn that, I'm done with being silent. Experiences taught me being silent solves no problem and will kill me in the end.

For summary, this rant is about (intended or unintended) favoritism, Power-level debate in Chat, and Poor Plot Devices, also known as the Deus Ex Machina.

===============

Favoritism (Intended or not)

Now I understand the need to prioritize replies on a particular thread over others, whether as a Mod or as a player. Heck, I do it from time to time when I'm modding Gnosis-level thread such as Knighting Quest. I will always make a mod announcement in the OOC thread regarding this.

As a player, I will prioritize Gnosis threads as they are very big event in character development, but most of the time, I will always reply in Order.

Call me a hypocrite, I can take when a mod or thread partner prioritize other threads over mine for a couple of posts, even so if those threads are a gnosis or very important character development, but when I had been patiently waiting for weeks for replies on a modded thread, and then find out a mod replies to new thread which hasn't been there for even a week, for more than one post. I... was speechless, I don't know the reason, the mod might have their own reason, but the way I see it, the particular thread is not a gnosis, not a very important one, or at least, the level of 'importance' is the same as - or even below - my threads which had been sitting there for weeks.

I can't stand it... I just... can't. I make an Oath to myself as a DS to reply in order, be fair to everyone, give them equal chances and rewards when they deserve it, but I don't get the same thing on a PC of mine. Yes, I'm helping out, but I also expect something in return, I mod in Mizahar for free, I don't get paid, I deserve something for my efforts as a player. I don't come to a domain to be skipped and ignored, or having to PM STs for giving minuscule grades for large efforts, it made me feel like an ungrateful little shyke-brat who just can't be satisfied. Perhaps I am, perhaps I am not, it depends on opinion.

===============

Deus Ex Machina

Now about Deus Ex Machina, when I gave a plot item, in this case, a magical item, I thought of for bells on end to give the player a challenge in overcoming them and, who knows, use the item for their own benefit. Of course, I will not expect the item to be destroyed willy-nilly by a God whoozing down from the Ukalas, destroying the item. Oh wow... I just... no, no no no, nope! When you involve a GOD physically breaking a magical item, OF COURSE anything will get fixed that instant. If the post is in a gnosis thread which requires HD permission, then Gods physically breaking things are acceptable, but this is just a single non-gnosis thread post.

At least, a Founder gave his answer, Deus Ex Machina should be RARE and if it does happen, it happens only once in a lifetime. Well, take it as a single "Free to get out of jail" card, but by Sylir, I don't want MY magical item reward to be DESTROYED in a single post without even a plot to begin with!

===============

Power-level Debate! Yaay!

And finally, Power-level Debate. By The Gods! Stop with all the Power-level debate. Druvin vs Desolate One, Master Ghost vs Master Reimancy, Yahal Priest vs Druvin, Unicorn vs Pegasus! Alright, the last one was joking, obviously.

Battles should be done IN-CHARACTER, when you discuss it OOC-ly, there will be literally ENDLESS circumstances in which,

-A Druvin can win against Desolate One due to bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!
-A Desolate One will trounce a Druvin because bla bla bla bla bla bla!

You know what? They are all CORRECT! and this cause much butthurt and escalated emotions to uncomforable levels. L3 Beings and Master-level PCs are supposed to be STRONG and POWERFUl, that is no doubt, and when you pit two higher level beings against each other, you can't come to a clear conclusion unless you do it IC. This causes wasted effort, time, and energy which could be spend on precious IC posts instead of empty OOC chat posts.

Please, stop this... truly, stop, stahp. Look, I'm even breaking my 2nd Language English.

===============

In conclusion,

Perhaps, I might destroy my relationship and reputation with this rant, of course, there will lots of holes and arguments you can give to break my points and make me look like the Devil himself for sharing my feelings or something. Feel free to do so, I'm just in a very bad mood, mainly because these stems from people I care and respect, if they are coming from problem players? Then I couldn't care less.

================

As for music? Nah... this is one of the rare times I'm not in the mood for any music, not even catchy pops.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 25th, 2014, 5:14 am

Right, so we've already talk extensively about this in PM's and chat so I figured I would toss in my two cents here for you. Though I'll probably sound like I'm repeating myself.

Favoritism: I'm not fond of it, not on any level. If a mod is showing it intentionally or unintentionally they need to be informed about it as well as be told to cut it out. It can get nasty. Very, very nasty very quickly. Prioritization is different of course, major plot developments for PC's and such yeah they are more important obviously. So do I think its BS that this happened to you? Petch yeah, as a player you do have a right to be irritated by something like this if its continuous.

On the subject of grades being smaller than the effort put in, let me go on my own little tangent/example. I'm sure others can relate to this, you put in an absurd amount of time and effort into a thread and go into extreme detail in a thread. Then when the thread is graded the results are underwhelming. Maybe the Grader or ST was inexperienced, who knows, however you as a player should never feel intimidated to PM someone about this grade and ask why this occurred and what was their logic for such low rewards. That's why most grading posts have it written to PM them if you have questions about the grade after all.

Deus Ex Machina: Again, I can understand your frustration here and you've made it vocal to me that you considered it unfair. Sometimes however things play out a certain way, though it would seem rather like considering you were the one to award the item you should probably be consulted on matters like that. Honestly to do something like that on a single player, don't care who it is, kind of seems a bit like favoritism in and of itself. Say Jill over there is pious and faithful to their deity, shows it in every post and its a major part of whom her character is. Seems more likely God X would be more likely to take interest in them. Now you take Bob who is faithful to a certain degree, but not exactly committed to the whole thing or has their loyalties split to another god or two. Seems less likely honestly for a god to swoop down on high, just in my opinion.

Though, I guess it would also depend on how closely marked they are to that god. I mean, a priest seems more likely to gain the attention of a deity than a singularly marked person. Just looking as I see it. The above probably sounds rambling, hope it makes sense.

Power Level stuff: Ahhh... this is always such a lovely topic to see floating around. I used to indulge in this a bit, but at the end of the day its true such things are just mere speculation until it actually happens IC. Its an annoyance and I tend to steer clear of them now days. And yeah, of course masters and L3 marked are going to be powerful, they spent blood sweat and tears getting to that level. Not much to say on that particular subject, but yes, it can get annoying.

Conclusion: I don't think less of you or think you are being ungrateful. Radiant, you are one of the most active ST's on the site, you do right by your players and rarely if ever do I hear an ill word leveled your way. As a threading partner you are always punctual and polite, you try your hardest to make threads interesting and organic. If you have been dealing with such issues for so long a vent is necessary really. This is also your scrap so you can post what you want so long as it breaks no rules, which it does not. You are just possessed of concerns any player would in your position. I think you are brave to post something like this and well within your rights to do so. :)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on April 25th, 2014, 5:21 am

Thank you for the concerns, Anna. :) I truly appreciated it for not seeing me as the Devil. I just have the perfect template for being the Devil, such as this template. Look how eeeevil Madoka is. Mwa ha ha ha ha! Well, she still looks adorable with the pink hair.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bitt on April 25th, 2014, 5:25 am

Hi Radiant,

I hope everything works out! You have been so helpful to me and so many other newbies in Syliras trying to find our feet. Simply voicing your concerns and opinions about things is natural! We'd be fools to think less of you because of it! So don't worry!

I called up Snuggles and he was devastated to hear you were upset! He went and got you a pink apple to cheer you up. :P

Snuggles: The Winged Dire Bear of Syliras :

"Bitt's Speech" | Bitt's Thoughts | NPC

Signature Credits: Yuri
Bitt
The Squire

Words: 115508
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on April 25th, 2014, 5:29 am

*Snuggles the awesome squire Bitt* Thank you, Bitt. I will endeavor to give equal attention and replies to everything in Order. Syliras shall be lawful and to-the-procedure both IC and OOC. If I break my own words, feel free to shoot my head with Compassionate Arrows. ;)

Awwww~ Snuggles look so cute with the PINK wings and purple fur! So cute that my Devil persona template evolves into the Ultimate Devil persona template which can destroy a planet!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Markus Andres on April 25th, 2014, 6:02 am

I just dropped in to say two things. Maybe three, who knows, I am not particularly gifted with foresight or organizational abilities - *Shrugs*

First off: Your reputation with me is fine and safe - couldn't get much worse to begin wi- haha hah haaaah *watches as Markus dangles from the front gates of Syliras.* Oh~ Terrible jokes and awful humour aside: You have always done great in my book, you expect people to be quick about their posts when they sign up for quests, modded threads or prompts and in return you deliver the same speed and quality when handling said prompts/quests/threads and grades. Utmost respect for that dedication and Syliras is lucky to have you! :thumbsup: And this rant will have no influence on how I think of you, partly because of two (maybe one, see introduction) reasons:

Speaking your mind when something bothers or frustrates you is perfectly fine and justified. In regards to the power-level fight I have also engaged in them, but I will elegant-lessly (and make up words) excuse myself by saying my inner nerd sometimes has me step in and discuss it if I find the subject interesting. But like with Anna, I try to stop myself.

In conclusion: No worries, you are still awesome.

Bitt/Radiant :

Edit: I made post 200 in your scrappy! Do I win a prize?
Last edited by Markus Andres on April 25th, 2014, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext