[The Sanc OOC] Wandering The Stableyard...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Riverfall's Stables and Animal Healing Center

Moderator: Kavala

Postby Hirem on February 23rd, 2015, 1:00 am

You're damn straight it won't be hard. Just let me grab my Yahaling stick.

In all seriousness, I would be totally open to starting a few Sanc group threads. While Hirem can't yet participate in group Chavena explorations, that's always an option for Dreamwalker. We can run artifact hunts, ruin excavations, missions against the Ruv'na... anything.

I would also like to volunteer Hirem as a potential teacher for basic self defense and wilderness survival. He's a poor teacher, but more than willing to try. Also, if he can work towards his potential orphanage plot, perhaps he can bring his wards to the Sanc for basic schooling. Not sure if that's something you'd want, Kavala, but it could be a place to teach future generations of Cytali disciplines.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hirem on February 23rd, 2015, 1:25 am

I already made a post in this thread but it's not showing up anymore on my screen, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Anyway, I would be totally available for any Sanc group threads that are going to be run this season. I can also do my part in setting them up and running them, if it's something that Hirem can take initiative on. We can run artifact hunts, go excavate some ruins in the Sea of Grass, work to find agents of the Ruv'na, or even just enjoy ourselves in a fun social thread. Dreamwalkers could also go on team excursions into the Chavena and help uncover some long lost secrets... sadly, Hirem can't join up with those activities yet.

I'm also up for having Hirem serve as an instructor for students, as well as a student himself. He's definitely got little experience with being a vet (although he lived with animals for most of his childhood... perhaps I should do some flashbacks and bump up his Animal Husbandry...) but he can teach people basic self defence and wilderness survival. He has little skill with teaching, but at least he's earnest!

Also, if Hirem manages to get his orphanage up and running later in the season, perhaps he can start taking his wards into the Sanc for basic schooling? I'm not sure if that's the kind of class you had in mind, Kav, but it would give the Cytali a direct means of schooling the next generation in their values and possibly disciplines.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Marion Kay on February 23rd, 2015, 1:39 am

Hey! If vet classes are advertised, Marion would be interested. I want to ease myself into some morphing-oriented threads, and I imagine veterinary skills would definitely help with understanding the physiology of certain animals. I'm also very interested in getting Marion involved with the Sanc crowd in some capacity, but I've yet to plan or plot anything out. Expect me to hit some folks up once I've brainstormed for Spring!

Sidenote, perhaps Hirem ought to teach Marion a little self defence, hm? :lol:
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Words: 177003
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 8:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kavala on February 23rd, 2015, 1:47 am

All that sounds fantastic, everyone. Look for some thread plotting when the season change happens.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sorak on February 23rd, 2015, 9:08 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop by, introduce Sorak/Magnos and hopefully come up with some fun stories in collbarotian with y'all, if you don't mind. ^^

My Akalak is heavily into exploration, archaelogy, learning and pretty much always willing to travel the unpaved roads as often as he can trace them. As I read somewhere on the 1st page of this thread that the Sanctuary is into artifacts and such, I'm sure we can work out something fun! I already got in contact with Caelum about doing 'case-by-case' odd jobs for him as far as investigation and cryptography goes, after establishing a connection between our 2 characters of course. We could use that as a basis, the business relationship and possibly friendship even, for inducting Sorak into the Sanctuary maybe?

Taking it from there, along with his job at the Antiquities Society, there are tons of possibilities for Sorak to be an asset to the Sanctuary, hopefully hah. I was thinking maybe he could use his position from the Society as a means to obtain information in regards to possible artifacts, interesting locations and so forth? He's not the betraying or backstabbing type, but if it doesn't conflict with the Society's trust or responsabilities given to him; I'd say he could pass on such information to the Sanctuary?

Let me know what y'all think about these 'ideas' off the top of my head and if there's room for one more in the Sanctuary. :)
Sorak
Player

Words: 5056
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2015, 1:07 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reitari Windshadow on March 2nd, 2015, 6:16 pm

A lost discipline sounds fascinating! I hope that once Rei gets established in the Sanctuary that she can get involved in some way. :)
Reitari Windshadow
Player

Words: 12276
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2014, 5:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on March 3rd, 2015, 3:28 am

Hi, guys! I wanted to make sure my Sanctuary family knows about this. Alements is celebrating the first anniversary of its grand opening! Caelum is throwing a party, free to all, to mark the occasion and show his gratitude to the denizens of RF for their patronage which has allowed him his success.

keep it lit. -- Open Thread
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kavala on March 3rd, 2015, 3:43 am

Speaking of which, does anyone need paid?

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aoren on March 5th, 2015, 2:22 am

I haven't done my job threads. There are placeholders down for them but technically we still haven't defined the parameters of Aoren's employment. *cough cough stare*
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Colt on March 31st, 2015, 3:59 am

Hey all, Sanc folks! Just wanted to let you know that the Dawnwhispers are going to be camping nearby the Sanctuary between the 7th and the 25th-ish, accompanying Caelum and Aoren, and we're all open for threads if any of you happen to find yourself in the grasslands in that time.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)