Closed The Beginning of the Hunt.

Knights, Squires and more are gathered in response to the spotting of a deadly beast.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Beginning of the Hunt.

Postby Irathia on April 10th, 2016, 10:49 pm

Irathia breathed heavily as she arrived at the small gathering. There was already a surprising amount of people there already, and one more person just came by. She wiped the sweat that had formed on her head and looked at the man, he just asked what was going on with the small little group that has formed.

"We! Are going on a hunt!" Irathia said proudly. "Me and my Patron saw a big bird thing instantly kill a deer, and we are going to track it down and kill it!" Irathia smiled as she looked around, in the distance her patron was walking towards the small group, she had her sword and spear on her back.

Irathia waved Sera Ravonai over to the group, and when she arrived she nodded to everyone around her. "So this is the group so far?" Sera Ravonai asked Irathia, she nodded. "Good! Though, I presume more people will be on the way." Sera Ravonai said as she looked around again and smiled.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Treachery on April 11th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Holding the piece of patchment in her hand, Treachery's patron glared down her squire. Fidgeting with his wings and trying not to make eye contact, the zith prepared for the worst. During the past few days rumours had been spreading through the order of a giant bird sighted nearby. These had piqued Trechery's interest but despite searching for the creature around the woods directly outside the city, he hadn't been able to locate the creature. Then a small piece of parchment had been slipped under his door. Normally he would have been able to keep this a secret from his patron but it seemed multiple small pieces of parchment had been slid under doors. So there the two stood, one nervous, the other worryingly stoic.

“You were planning on going to this weren't you, furball?”

Treachery nodded. He wasn't gonna lie like some coward. Especially not when it had been obvious he had been interested in the rumours before.

“Without my permission if need?”

Again he nodded. The isur sighed and brought a hand to her face. The last time the zith had done something like this it had been a yukmen hunt, which had ended in him needing a trip to the healers, so he could understand why she didn't want him to go.

“Then there is no helping it... go grab your weapons and make ready any camping equipment you might have then meet me in the armoury.”

“What?”

“Go get your stuff, Treacle. If you are gonna go on this hunt regardless of what I say, I might as well come along with you. Now move it. The note said to meet in the stone gardens and we are probably already late.”

She actually was letting him do this!? Leaping for joy, the Zith bolted it down the corridor for his room. Grabbing a bag, he unpacked it contents on to his bed and began to repack it with the semi-forgotten equipment he still had from the gifts the caravan had given him. A tarp, a lot of rope, a bedroll, his blanket that he'd been using on his bed, a water skin, an old eating knife and a small set of mostly untouched flint and steel. There was also a tent and a lantern he'd never used that didn't end up fitting in the bag so Treachery simply took a length of rope, cut it away from the rest with his Kopis awkwardly tied both to the outside of the bag.

Sheathing his weapon and grabbing it's harness, the zith then ran for the armoury leaving the bag of camping equipment on his bed. His patron was already there part way into her armour, a set of javelins, her shield and her hammer at her feet. Running over, the zith calmed his excitement. It was amazing that he was getting to go on a hunt but he needed to calm down in order to focus. Closing his eyes and feeling through his own Djed, the squire slowly tugged lightly at the strands around his claws as he had in the past. The djed changed and slowly his claws morphed down to more manageable fingers. Holding the new shape of his djed, the zith's attention moved back to helping strap his patron knight into her armour. A few chimes of lacing and tightening straps the isur was ready. Feeling the strain from his djed to spring back to what it was before, Treachery let his hold on it go. The djed changed again returning the claws back to the zith as a light wave of exhaustion passed over him.

Quickly getting strapped into his own armour with the help of his patron, Treachery secured his weapon harness and attached his kopis' sheath to it. Handed a helmet and an extra shield, the squire quickly followed the knight as they made for the Stone Garden. Seemed his patron had been right about them being late, there was already a sizeable crowd gathering byt the time they got there. Garland, the clay squire, Irathia and her patron were all there along with a balded headed man and possibly another female knight. Still giddy on the idea of a hunt, Treachery shifting lightly from one to the other as some way to dissipate the restless energy, both hands still holding his helmet and shield.

“Hello, My name is Sera Kovan Forgelight and the furball behind me is my squire, Treachery. Heard you were planning a hunt and was wondering if you would like a set of wings to help catch it?”

Although not happy about being refereed to as a 'set of wings' The zith none the less puffed himself up, letting his wings hang out wider and higher in order to flaunt them at the grounded folk around him. Still looking equal parts proud and excited, Treachery waited for some one to reply to his patron.
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on April 15th, 2016, 1:34 pm

"A hunt? The big bird thing people are talking about? Arch's leading?" He asked and looked at the clay squirrel. "I hope you people know what you're doing. Because a few spears won't bring down any bird if they choose to fly."

He had no intention of joining this hunt, and by the looks of it, they might just waste their time. He didn't know much about the people here, but they didn't look like hunters, they looked like warriors(minus one).

If they had a hunter with them, then they might kill whatever they were hunting, maybe Alex Faircroft or Ferrin could lend a hand. He would wish them luck and and see them off, but of course faith had other plans.

He then saw Treachery, a zith he trusted quite well. A natural born hunter, this was perfect for them. "Treachy! You're going too? Fantastic, there's your tracker and hunter taken care of, now all you need are weapons for taking that thing out of the sky."

As he was about to leave the group and resume his patrol, he caught his patron, lugging along two quivers of arrows, a longbow, a shortbow, a set of crossbow bolts, a hand crossbow, camping equipment, her sword and rather than her regular plate armor, she was wearing light leather armor.

Sera Catherine Ashe threw the camping gear towards Garland and he stumbled before catching the equipment. "Sera? You're joining too?" Garland asked, not really registering the fact that she had a shortbow and crossbow with her, two ranged weapons Garland were familiar with.

"Of course I am! You're coming too! I've taken care of everything, all your patrols for the week have been cleared, the twins are being taken care of in the orphanage with your friend, Sylvia watching over them, I've brought you a change of clothes and such. So, will you be running around in the woods with loud plate-mail during a hunt or will you be smart and change to something less clunky."

Garland was about to retort but it seemed like she did take care of everything. He had no reason not to go, and it was a direct order from her patron. "Yes Sera." He sighed and ran off to get a change of clothes and his armor returned to the armory.

He would be back in half a bell or more.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 16th, 2016, 9:59 pm

73rd of Spring 516 AV

Many more had planned to join in on the hunt and soon enough the stone garden had become full of such a diverse collection of people Shimoje didn’t know what to think. He was honestly surprised and had no idea how to react. His inner shell was almost burst and he decided to blurt out a question in front of everyone “How long do you think it would take to hunt this bird?” He had asked them all. He was unsure of how to proceed and the waiting game had officially started. He was very nervous and compared to everyone else came very unprepared.

Some sort of flying humanoid approached the group and introduced themselves. Shimoje had never seen anything like it and was a bit intimidated but judging how other’s reacted it didn’t seem to be such a big deal. He studied the figure and the wings of the beast trying not to stare at it. A lady had introduced herself as Sera Kovan and seemed to have some very polite manners, and she introduced the winged creature as a squire name Treachery. Surely his ability to fly would be an asset to catching a bird, and Shimoje could think nothing more but to just return the kindness of her introduction with his own.

“Hello, Sera is it? I am Shimoje, and though I am not skilled I seem to be tagging along – so why couldn’t you?” He stated amongst everyone else. His bald head was starting to sweat from being near so many people clad with so many weapons. Who knows what everyone around him has been through, but Shimoje has had his share of experiences himself. He stood up and attempted to walk towards Treachery, curious and circled around him, and it may have seemed strange because he studied it like an object. Soon enough not being able to grasp the concept Shimoje went back and sat down on the bench and pondered once again.

Everyone spoke as if they knew one another, and Shimoje was the only stranger amongst the group. He was surprised that he wasn’t being questioned more. With that he looked around and thought back to where he had chased some drunken bandits and how it could have gone by much smoother if a plan had been set in place. Shimoje was able to make plans on the spot, but he figured that this hunt would require a little bit more than just haphazard attempts at “winging it.” He chuckled quietly at his own joke in his mind.

“So, we can’t just wing it” He said while looking at the Zith and smiling “Surely, we need to come up with a plan and set forth who should do what and how, and where to start of course.” Shimoje was a bit confused at the fact that nothing had been set in place. He didn’t want to spend too much time hunting this thing down, after all he wasn’t prepared to go on a long hunt. It was only common sense that he should have prepared more, but he wasn’t expecting this fast of a gathering to accumulate. “Might any of you be able to help me through this? This would be my first hunt of this degree.” He stated to the group and wiped the sweat from his head.

Speech Thoughts

Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on April 16th, 2016, 11:36 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

oocI'd suggest we sort out a posting order before we end up getting everything tangled. For simplicity's sake, shall we just go in the order we joined the thread? Ira, Arch, Shimoje, Poppy, Garland, Treachery. For this round, if Irathia takes the next post after this one, then next round we switch them back around so we all have a chance. Sound good?

The Gardens had filled quite a lot faster than anticipated, with a rather wide spectrum of willing applicants milling about when he arrived.. and even more turning up afterwards. Strangely enough, it was pretty easy to separate the common visitors, tourists and general passers-by from those who were here for the little voyage he'd prepared.. because most of them were armed to the teeth and all of them already knew why they'd been called here. He'd blame Irathia. Oh well, it meant one less thing to worry about in the long run.

Before she arrived, there was a skinny bald man to briefly converse with, throwing out questions and.. other things. "Err.. yes, I am. Thanks for asking." A stupid thing to say in hindsight but the piercing green eyes, combined with an odd glare of Syna's light off his bare forehead, had admittedly caught Arch off-guard and he stumbled through his speech like a drunkard over a tightrope. "We'd be glad to accept any help we can find.. we all have our places, after all," he assured with an inward cringe, "and your enthusiasm is.. much-needed." For a moment, he thought the bald man would offer his name, but instead he turned and sat down on a nearby bench. The Pycon thought better than to push for it.

Others were arriving too. A female with fair skin, unsecured brown hair and bright eyes who came straight to the Pycon to offer her services. "We'd be happy to," he replied with a matching simper. Garland, the most familiar face of all, even appeared.. although he seemed to pretty much hang around the outskirts, showering doubt aplenty until a giant furball and the accompanying patron appeared as well. Word was certainly spreading.. and everyone knew exactly what was going on, despite his weak attempt and secrecy. Two words sprung to his mind. "Oh joy."

Once Garland returned, it seemed as good a time as any to sort out this shyke and begin preparations. Archailist stood up at last and clapped his hands several times, creating a muffled squelching noise. "Shyke." So much for attracting attention like humans did. "Alright, alright. Let's get this show on the road," he called out.

"First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for turning up on such short notice. I don't have to tell you why you're here, since you apparently already know, but myself and Irathia can still say how much we appreciate all of you volunteering your time and effort." Now the formalities were dealt with, it was time to burrow into a little more serious shyke. "Okay. As Irathia said.. there's a big bird out there. A monster. We don't know what kind, we don't know what it can do or where it is and we don't know how dangerous it is.. and we don't know how many of them there are. All we know for certain is it's carnivorous and it's potentially dangerous," he summarised with a rather grave expression. Put in those terms, their chances seemed rather bleak, all elements considered. "I don't know how long this hunt will take." For all they knew, this beast could have fled all the way into the Wildlands by now.

"You've all brought your weapons but I'd suggest going back and packing extra supplies. Tents, tinderboxes, waterskins, tarps, bedrolls and blankets and rations if you need them. Be prepared for an extended stay outside the city if needed." Wherever this creature had fled to, they were going to chase it down.. as long as it was within the ranges of the city, it posed a threat to passing caravans, lumberjacks, hunters and gatherers and all other manner of passers-by that depended upon the woods as soon as it ran out of food. "Err, you.. uhm, Sinobe?" He'd briefly heard the name offered to someone else and tried to connect the dots. "You said you were a scholary type? Can you look around and try to find as much information on this beast as possible running off Irathia's description?" he asked politely. Arch was about to suggest he check the Archives.. but then he noticed the lack of patron or significant musculature and decided to grab a backup. "Erm.. sorry, what's your name?" he asked the brown-haired woman from earlier, before quickly cutting in afterwards with, "Do you think you can do the same, checking through any information relating to this creature?" He had faith both of them would accept and find some good info, so they at least wouldn't be utterly blind on this expedition.

"And, ahem, another matter." His attention skipped between the furry creature with wings, Garland, and Irathia. All of their patrons too. "We need to be absolutely certain that we can track this thing down. If we don't have an experienced hunter or tracker.. someone needs to find one willing to accompany us. Also.. Garland's absolutely right. A few spears won't bring down any bird if they choose to fly, no matter how big they are. Experienced archers need to step forwards.. and we need more of them. Someone's going to need to take charge of that." That should take care of two key points.. but now came a slightly more prickly subject. "Finally. A backup plan. Someone's going to go out and find a poisoncrafter. If we can't kill it with spears and arrows and everything else we have to offer, we retreat and we poison a carcass to leave outside its nest. One way or another, we make sure that this monster does not harm anyone living in this city."

That seemed like everything he had to contribute. "Are there any questions, concerns? Ideas, suggestions, rejections? It's important we set this all in stone before we set out tomorrow."
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Irathia on April 17th, 2016, 2:18 am

Irathia stood there and nodded, she looked at Sera Ravonai as the small squirrel talked about jobs and things being assigned... She let the Archailist finish her small speech before she decided to speak up, talking to the bald man and brown haired woman. "Okay, so the bird is a huge black bird, it has huge talons, and a skull on it's head. Sort of like a helmet actually." Irathia said, patting her head slightly as she did so. "The thing managed to kill a deer with one attack..." She said as she concluded talking to the pair that will go out and get more information.

Sera Ravonai managed to speak up next. "Also, I was not trained in a bow or cross bow like weaponry, and Irathia her hasn't either..." She said. "Though we know how to throw spears, so if possible we could grab some more spears and we can throw them at the bird, and if we do manage to hit the bird it would possibly weigh it down." Sera Ravonai said, "Other than that, we are good." Sera Ravonai said, patting Irathia on the head.

Irathia smiled, and looked at Sera Ravonai. "I think Treachery is a hunter. Most Zith are." Irathia commented, pointing at the Zith. "Also he can try to take the thing out of the air if it gets to high for everyone." Irathia suggested, she looked at Treachery while she spoke now. She gave a small shrug and waited for everyone responses.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shimoje on April 17th, 2016, 9:45 pm

[/color]

Research costs money

Shimoje stood amongst the group and listened tentatively to Arch describe a decent start to a plan. Shimoje didn’t like the sound of himself being actually part of the hunt, but he did figure he could somehow help from within the safety of the city, or be able to report somehow to the group of new information found about these birds. He does know a thing or two about crafting certain devices that would be able to help in the capture or killing of the beast, but for now he figured he would listen to Arch’s advice and search for information.

“Fairly well, It’s Shimoje (Shee-Mo-Jee) by the way.” Shimoje looked over to the leader of the group with a smile. The little squirrel seemed to have taken charge of things fairly fast. He couldn’t help but to think that a bird would just swoop in and carry him away like a rodent. It wouldn’t be long for things to take an unexpected turn for the worst during this hunt, but somehow Shimoje was positive that the group couldn’t fail, not with the as much experienced people who had gathered to take on this task.

“I will look around the city and search for a variety of information on the bird. You said it is carnivorous, dangerous, it can instantly kill a deer, had a skull on its head, the wings were huge, and the feathers like coal. Got it.” Shimoje took a mental note of all the descriptions he had heard and overheard Irathia describe to Archailist. “We need a way to figure out how to communicate while I stay in the city. As soon as I figure out information I will somehow send this information to you, and should I need to. For today I will report back to the stone garden and should this take longer than I would expect I will spend my nights devoted to this cause while I continue the days of my normal tasks. If you need to reach me I will be at the stone gardens just before dusk every night if it takes a long time. I will report back here in two bells time to present any information I can gather now.” Whew Shimoje’s long breathed speech talking to the group made him seem like he had great initiative. Though he could not officially be part of the hunt he would do his best to find research on it and help the group in whatever way he could.

Shimoje stood up from the bench and headed out to search the Bazaar for information, but he had another place in mind, amongst all the others. He had been afraid to enter the shop because he had always hated clutter and nasty looking places. Though, just this once Shimoje figured he would make an exception. He left the Stone Gardens and waved goodbye charismatically at the group, hoping this wouldn’t be the last time that he would come across them. “To that nasty shop, I guess then.” Shimoje whispered to himself.

While walking around Syliras he kept a keen eye about for any miscreants that might cross his way. He didn’t want to let down his guard at all, and in the observation he would usually always note something new anyways that would give him inspiration. This time he spotted a knight carrying a spearhead like a spade. It would deliver a heck of a blow if driven into something and twisted. Twisting force, Shimoje had experimented with it before, and it proved to have quite an effect. As he neared the shop Shimoje noticed the sign of the little shop with a few cobwebs on it from neglect. It read “The Undeniable Interests.” For some reason he was very nervous upon entering the shop. Once he entered he saw shelves upon shelves of cluttered vials filled with unknown liquids, as well as collections of book stacked in the corners, tools that looked like they hadn’t been used in a while, and a variety of other strange and unusual artifacts. He was greeted by an old man who looked like every breath he took let out a bit of dust from his old beard.

“Hello, I am Dominac Ariva.” He stated “What oddities do you seek today?” The man continued on while fiddling with a quill and notebook, most likely going over numbers to a ledger of his business as Shimoje noticed the numbers on the page. He was totally overwhelmed but knew that he must gather some stuff to continue his research. It would probably prove to be costly, and Shimoje didn’t have much money, but he figured it would be worth it.

“Might you have any journals or books on the beasts of this world?” Shimoje asked politely. He was greeted by a raised brow and the man responded by turning around and picking up a book which seemed to be barely used. It was under a few other books and looked like it hadn’t been opened in ages. He held the book in his hands and said “This book might be what you are looking for. It has a bestiary section and accounts of an adventurer who had encountered various monsters and things along his travels.” Shimoje didn’t want to purchase it without knowing that it was exactly what he needed. “Might I see it, sir?” Shimoje asked kindly. He got a stiff and firm answer “No” by the old man. Shimoje’s face went down to his feet and he was a bit disappointed. His face got a bit red as well, and clearly haggling with the man would be proven to be a difficult thing to do.

“Well I do need more than just the book, sir. I also might need some things to draw and parchment, along with other tools to help with it.”
He had asked. The man browsed around while taking the journal with him and gathered together a blank book, a quill, some paper sheets, and ink of different varieties and brought them to Shimoje. With a look of frustration Shimoje knew he didn’t want to spend a lot of money here, but he knew he needed the supplies. “I would like 5 pieces of paper, two vials of ink, one blank book, and the quill please. Also, how much would that come to with and without the journal?” He asked once again trying to remain polite. The man tallied up everything together “let’s see here, the journal is kind of hard to understand so 10gm, and the blank book 3gm...” he paused as if doing his math was fairly slow “the ink 2gm, the quill 5cm, the 5 sheets of paper 2gm… the total is 17gm 5cm” he had stated. “You’ve got to be petching me” Shimoje thought. “Hmm, if I buy something else will you make it even?” Shimoje asked reluctantly “What did you have in mind young man?” The older man raised his eyebrow at him curiously.
“How about a crafter’s toolkit?” Shimoje responded. “Well that would be 25gm bringing your total to 43gm.” The old man quirked out a smile. Something seemed off to Shimoje, and he went over the numbers once again. “Hey old man, I think you rounded up not down.” Shimoje said a bit annoyingly.

ledger2 ink vials 2gm,
Quill 5cm
5 sheets of paper 2gm
Blank book 3gm
Journal: A hunter’s experience
Crafter’s toolkit 25gm
Total is 42gm 5 cm

“Oh you are right. That makes it 42gm and 5cm.”
He let out with a chuckle of his own. This man was not easy to deal with in the least, and Shimoje gave in. At least he caught him in his math. Shimoje handed the man his coins and stuffed everything except the journal into his pack. He examined the book a little bit closer and noticed how sloppy some of the writing was. As he was flipping through the pages he saw drawings of various creatures he had never seen before. Only one looked like it had wings. It was written as a Kriital. The writing was done so very rapidly but remarked on the charcoal black like what Irathia had stated before. It showed a drawing of a cave or den on a mountain below it. Maybe this meant that the bird was cave dwelling? Shimoje didn’t know for sure and there was more to try to decipher but he thought that maybe this would be good enough for now. He headed back the stone garden to tell them that the bird was called a Kriital and it might be located in a cave on a mountain.

Shimoje was surprised by the sheer amount of time he spent in that shop, but was proud that he found something so fast. He finally made it back to the garden and looked to share whatever information he had with the others should they still remain there after a bell had passed. oocAssume Shimoje would share the information

Speech Thoughts
Last edited by Shimoje on April 19th, 2016, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 18th, 2016, 2:39 am

Timestamp

Ferrin had had one heck of a season so far. First knowing that he had family in Syliras was a partial shocker for him. Second, his uncle's kidnapping earlier this season with some petching peculiar bandits and man eating wolves freaked the hell out of him. Now, the people within the Citadel were talking about this immense bird thing that can shred creatures to bits and pieces. Almost as Ferrin enjoyed this city he had had almost enough of this crap that was going around. He petching hated those wolves in the woods. So, he had asked a fellow Squire gurlarding the Gates if he could watch Ferrins horse for him. Cyprus. A Stallion from Kenash, one of the fastest or most likely in the city.

He's a grey and dark tinted Zavian with a lot of intellect. Ferrin was swathed with his armor and helmet this time. The previous time that he had went out into the woods with Shimoje, the bald headed foreigner from Zeltiva things had gone a bit hay wired. Crazy. He had his visor up so people could see his face, but other than that his body had been covered by the armor. Ferrin had his bow and quiver strapped over his shoulders. Shield on one arm, strapped. Not to tight, bit snug. His short broadsword sheathed in its sheath and buckled to his waist. He wore the metal boots, but packed his regular boots just in case.

He knew that there was something going on at the Stone Gardens. It was a good thing that Ferrin was already planning to go on a hunt in the woods after all, bit was not aware of this beast thing earlier. It seemed to Ferrin that whence he had reached the magnificent once quiet, but now crowded almost Gardens. Ferrin noticed a lot of people who came. A few of which he recognized. Archailist. Garland. The others. He wasn't quite so sure. Well, he had noticed another creature that he had a slight phobia of. The Zith. In Kenash the ones from Xy would be vicious, but also they're very intellectual creatures. Perhaps just as cordial as humans. Perhaps.

He started rushing towards the group with a smile on his face. His bow swung against his armor at his side. Thwack thawck thwack. Every stride he took. His arrows rasped against one another and the sheath of his sword lightly tapped against his other side of the armor. It was merely a coincedence that Ferrin had caught sight of the group. They seemed to be just ready to leave. "Hey! Archie! I've heard about this hunting trip. I was planning on taking a few days to hunt for wolves. But, mind if I tag along?" Asked Ferrin as he intercepted the group.

Surely, they'll need as much help as they can get. And with the looks of it. No one seemed to have a bow other than him. So. "I'm not late am I?"Asked Ferrin with a peculiar look. He smiled as he adjusted his longbow. Ready to go out and at least find out whatever this thing is. Or even if it is someone? Perhaps it is the trick of the sun? Who knows, only determination makes a difference.

My Words My Thoughts Your Words

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 18th, 2016, 6:58 am

The little squirrel that she knew as Archailist spoke up once he was certain that everyone was present and he was waiting for hardly anyone else. He began to spoke to everyone present, always with a smile, thanking them for offering their services in aid of the hunt. Once the Pycon got that out of the way, he could then start on the mission proper. Unsure of how long the hunt would take, and the unforeseen length of which they would be out in the forests of the Cobalt Mountains, he had suggested that they all return to pack additional supplies. That was indeed important, knowing that that they would have to camp in the woods for any length of time. Neither she nor her patron had prepared camping equipment, but at least the knight already possess some of the equipment.

Poppy, however had none of them. The lass would have to make a trip to the bazaar in a while to purchase all the necessary goods & supplies she would need for the upcoming mission, namely a tent, a tarp, a bed roll, and a supply of rations that should be able to last them a few days. She was so deep in thought about the items she would require that she did not realise that their little clay squirrel leader was talking to her until her patron, Ser Ramsey placed a armoured hand on her shoulder.

“Oh..My name is Poppy! It’s nice to meet you too, my little Pycon leader!” The last part of that may have been highly unnecessary, but it was simply part of the girl’s excitable nature. “Yes, I can do that! I’ll head over to the archives immediately! I’m sure I’ll be able to find information about that creature there.”

When their little meeting was done, and the group mostly dispersed to get what they needed for their upcoming quest, Ser Ramsey headed back to his quarters to prepare his equipment and supplies while Poppy embarked on the quest for knowledge, heading to the archives. Upon entry to the building that housed the great home of knowledge in the city, Poppy gave her name and rank, informing Ser Othryn that she was here to study on a certain creature that was terrorising the citizens up in the mountains.

“Poppy Blackburn, squire to Ser Ramsey Druval.” With her particulars taken down, she was then allowed entry to the main chamber which leds to vast shelves of all kinds of books and tomes imaginable. After browsing around for several chimes, the lass found a book by the name of Beasts & Creatures in Mizahar. Removing the book from its shelf and placing it down, onto a table, she flipped across its pages until she came to the page on Syliras and its neighbouring regions. Carnivorous and highly dangerous. Large and clad in black feathers, it also has a skull upon his head.

Judging from all the description she had of the creature so far, Poppy was certain that this was the one, a big vulture-like bird called the Kriital. The drawing in the book was everything she could have imagined, and so she grabbed an empty parchment and an inked quill from a nearby table and began scribbling away in short and concise words as she wasn’t too great at writing. Name of creature, Kriital. Black & charcoal grey feathers. Sharp talons on both legs and wings. Able to lift half their weight. Bone helmet protecting their skull. Creature vomits when surprised. Vomit is acidic and can cause burns. Usually attacks from above. Prefers rotting meat to fresh meat. Highly advise caution.

Satisfied with the key information that she had written down, Poppy rolled up the parchment and stuffed it into one of her pockets. The lass then started to make her way to the bazaar, moving on to the store that sold camping and travelling supplies. It was there that she bought herself a one person tent, flint & steel, a tinder, tarp and a bedroll.

Poppy then made her way to the butchery, getting herself some rations which consisted of dried meat and fat. When she was done with the supplies, she started to make her way but to the Stone Garden, where she could not wait to share the results of her study with the rest of the monster hunting team. Her patron, Ser Ramsey should be waiting there as well, long done with his packing of supplies and equipment.

Poppy Blackburn
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Words: 70192
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2016, 7:14 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Garland on April 19th, 2016, 5:53 am

"Tomorrow? I thought we were setting out today." Sera Catherine voiced out and dropped her equipment on the floor. Garland stood beside her and just smiled smugly. "Shut up."

"Right... I'll go get some camping gear, and maybe get Alex in here as well. We need more hunters." Garland had just noticed Ferrin with the group. "Hey Ferrin! We'll be leaving tomorrow, so we have time to prepare for stuff."

Garland crossed his arms and took the crossbow, shortbow, and the quivers, and walked off. He checked into the armory, he remembered that there were a few camping kits scattered about, but by the looks of it, they were all taken.

"That's annoying..." He muttered to himself, he hated spending money on things that aren't food. He had no use for camping gear usually, and he had only a few outfits to support his frugal lifestyle.

Garland had gone to the Bazaar to buy a few things, he was planning on travelling light, some sliced cheese, and a bedroll were the things he brought at the Bazaar.

They also needed poison, a lot the poisons the bazaar had were way above Garland's price range, also the ones he could buy were inflicted through injury, not through ingestion like Arch wanted.

He had brought a vial of Lilyweb, that was good for four doses. Garland could coat his arrows with the poison, or he could give it the trained hunter, Ferrin. The liquid in question was a thick purple substance, and smelled wonderful. It would make the bird weaker and easier to kill.

Garland headed back to the Stone Gardens for a tick, to see any info the team had gotten. He showed them the poison he had gotten. "This is all I could afford really. Should be useful if we coat an arrow and hit the... What was it? Kriital? Whatever, if we hit that thing it should be weaker for two bells."

After the meeting Garland had gone to the Orphanage to say goodbye to his twins, he wasn't planning on dying on some stupid hunt, but it might take a little while before he could return.

After leaving, Garland had gone to the Training Ground for the rest of the day, hoping to hone his archery for the hunt. Pulling back the bowstring to his cheek and firing.

His aim could be better, but if information the group had collected was true, the bird would be a big target and had to miss, unless it was high up and moving fast. He had looked around for a little way, but he couldn't seem to find Alex, it was a shame that Alex wasn't joining the hunt, he was a hunter if he remembered correctly.

Expenses :
Bedroll - 1sm
Rations - 2sm
Lilyweb - 20gm
Total - 20GM 3SM
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets