OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Summer 522 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Summer 522 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2022, 2:59 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in The Summer of 522 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots. It is important to not give generic answers but to be very specific and thoughtful responses.

Before you start playing in Syka, you'll need to speak to me about accommodations, job, or whether you have coin enough to support yourself. If you want to start a business or get a loan for a home, there are funds available via a loan from The Founders of Syka.

There are also leadership positions available in the form of Guardians of Syka. Also let me know if you are interested in one of those positions.

Syka requires certain skills. For example, if you do not have a Wilderness Survival skill of Expert or higher, you cannot leave the confines of the Settlement to venture out into The Maw without an expert guide. The entire list of the Syka Recommended Skills is as follows:

Wilderness Survival: E+
Weapon: C+
Hunting: C+
Foraging: C+
Carpentry: N+
Construction: N+[

N = Novice, C = Competent, E = Expert, M = Master

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. What is your name?
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist?
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself?
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season?
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?
  12. What does your PC add to Syka?
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.
  14. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#42ede8,#42ede8][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]What is your name?[/b]
[*][b]Who are you?  Be as lengthy as you'd like.[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident or tourist?[/b]
[*][b]Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.[/b]
[*][b]How do you plan on supporting yourself?[/b]
[*][b]What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?[/b]
[*][b]What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have any goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?[/b]
[*][b]Tell me why you chose Syka?  What are some of its good aspects?  What are some of its drawbacks?[/b]
[*][b]Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?[/b]
[*][b]What does your PC add to Syka?[/b]
[*][b]Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N  This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/list][/box][/left][/center]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cleon on June 2nd, 2022, 1:37 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name?Cleon
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like.Ex-Sunberthian looking to start over in a place where he believes that Faye will be safe. Since arriving in the Spring, it has become more than that as he has developed a great yearning for exploration and learning about the world he finds himself surrounded with.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist?Resident.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. Cleon dreams of owning his own place one day, and maybe even his own business if he ever sates his desire for adventure.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Working as a clerk at the Ride the Waves Surf Shop, and get more into building the surfboards as his carpentry/surfboard making comes up to par. (I.e. need to go on a grading spree haha.)
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?Wakes up early. Enjoy a smoke on the deck of the Protea while watching the sunrise. Eat breakfast with Faye. Go to work at the surf shop. Take Faye surfing and swimming afterward. Picnic on the beach as the sun sets.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?I'd really like to explore his curiosity this season. It isn't a development I had actually considered for him when I first put the concept down, and it surprised me in a good way. There are so many things that happened to him over the past season that he didn't really get the chance to explore because of his curse keeping him distracted so this season he is going to be much more focused.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? First to be competent at surfing, swimming, carpentry and surfboard making. Next I'd like to get him to expert in wilderness survival and competent with his weapons. Adjacently he is also going to be working on his rhetoric and persuasion skills as he argues with his Silas journal which has a high resolve score so its going to be a fun frustrating time for him.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? I worked on surfing, swimming, WS (Jungle), carpentry, surfboard making, machete, and unarmed. I worked on those skills because I want Cleon to be capable of providing for his small little family here in Syka and protecting them if need be. I'd also like to nurture his desire to explore so that is where WS (Jungle) comes in.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?I love, love, love that it sits on the edge of a harsh, uncompromising jungle that will eat you alive if you set foot in it unprepared. Paired with the cooperative atmosphere around the settlement (when not plagued by curses) and you've got a very interesting dichotomy to explore. I chose Syka because of this because it is the perfect setting for Cleon and Faye to grow as characters.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? I can't think of anything at the moment, but if I do, I'll let you know.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? I'd like to think he adds more than just what he does for his job. Now that he isn't going to be so in his head all the time I'd like to see him more focused on developing relationships within Syka, and helping out those who need it.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No.
  14. Additional Comments? None that I can think of at the moment. I look forward to another wonderful season.
Cleon
Player

Words: 492860
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2022, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tazrae on June 3rd, 2022, 4:52 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name?
      Tazrae Ardera
      Sometimes I have no idea, truth be told. I am the local Innkeeper. I am a lover of reptiles. I am the one that brought Mussaurana and Ixam into the Settlement. I am a master chef and a mage. I am a wildling, marked by Caiyha. I am a bard, marked by Rhaus. I am a guardian of Syka, appointed by Kihala. I am a friend. I am just one voice of many here. I came here to find myself and decide who I wanted to be. But I'm finding I am a whole host of things.
      A resident.
      I want to develop my own discipline or two of magic.
      I am the local Innkeeper. Plus I will be a Ranger this season.
      That's hard to say really. Her good days are all about doing the things she loves like cooking, taking care of others, keeping busy, and then running wild in the jungle or ranging up and down the beach. Those are her golden perfect days. But she loves the rain and watching storms roll in. She adores the wind and sings her heart out accompanied by others. She loves being around people she loves and spending time with them. If all of this could somehow be combined, I suspect that'd be incredibly close to her absolute dream day.
      Its time Tazrae learns to physically defend herself and get stronger at her machete. Having the weapons challenge really opened my mind to the fact that she is so weak physically so I want to explore that aspect and get her stronger.
      She wants to expand the Inn so it has more rooms and perhaps build her house.
      Tazrae worked on magic, machete, and roamed around a lot alone. She also decided to become something of a monster expert and began studying the darker and dangerous side of Mizahar.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
      I like Syka because of its possibilities. You virtually rolepaly about anything here. The good aspects are the huge variety of things, both past, and present, you can incorporate into your roleplay. The drawbacks are unless you have wilderness survival at expert, you are confined to a relatively small area of the domain where you can run around safely. Also, the wildness isn't everyone's cup of tea, and yet if you love WS, then Syka can be a perfect place for your PC.
      I'd love to see even more areas in The Maw developed.
      I'd like to think Tazrae provides a home base for people running around lost or new in Syka. She gives them a 'soft place to land' and helps them branch out and find their own place in the settlement.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.
      Y. I will take the Ranger Oath this season.

14. Additional Comments?
      Thank you to all the wonderful thread partners here. I'm always open to new threads as well.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on June 3rd, 2022, 7:10 pm

What is your name? Shiress

Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like.
I am, as I have come to find out from others, a very complex, emotional, stubborn, and oftentimes, a very dramatic woman with a penchant for making the wrong decisions at the worst of times. I haven't had the best of lives and I think that causes me to clash emotionally with most people, as I have no real clue how to interact with others very well. I have a soon-to-be four-year-old son, Ian, whom I love to a fault. I am a once marked healer of Rak'keli and a physician. I have a major crush on my protector, Shade, who does not have a crush on me. Quite the opposite, in fact, because, apparently, I suck hard at first impressions.

Are you a resident or tourist? Resident

Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.
Reunite with her twin brother, Zane.

How do you plan on supporting yourself?
I am the caregiver of the children of Syka and their doctor. Syka's resident pediatrician if you will.

What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?
A day free of memories of my past, free of worries and stress. Bright sunshine and a light breeze or long walks in the rain. The beach at night, watching the sunset, surrounded by tiki lights. Ian, healthy and happy and full of life.

Does your PC have any goals this season?
Recovering from the curse and possibly obtaining a second mark from Rak'keli. Learn to be happy with all that I have, not grieve all that I've lost. Develop strong friendships and get to know more Syka residents.

If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?
I'm always working on my medical skill because I currently feel this is all I have to offer Syka and her people.

Tell me why you chose Syka?
I was drawn to Syka by my peers and I've never looked back. The best decision I have ever made.

What are some of its good aspects?
Its beauty and tranquility, as well as its potential danger. Syka's kind, accepting, and protective community of writers and one of the first actual, hands-on STs that Shiress has ever had.

What are some of its drawbacks?
The need for an abundance of wilderness survival to adventure...cause I've never been good at acquiring that skill.

Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?
its communities ability to deal with drama queens Nope

What does your PC add to Syka?
Drama! Definitely drama and a flood's worth of tears. nods

Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N I do not

Additional Comments? Looking forward to my second (hopefully normal) season in Syka! Threads are always welcomed.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Quzon on June 3rd, 2022, 10:04 pm

Character Registry

1. What is your name?
    Quzon Gemshock Pitrius of the Barbed Earth.

Though a mixed-blood by birth, I supped from the Blooding Basin to become a once Prowess marked Myrian of Myri. I believe worth is defined by the victories achieved through the battle of life. And yet, I live with the understanding that victory cannot be gained without the patience or strength to overcome weakness. My ideas on life have not changed since leaving the Taloban Army, seeing the world, and settling in Syka. Bleed the weak and forge the strong.

3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident

Quzon's childhood dream was and still is to become a Myrian Tiger rider.

5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? By helping Lars at the Mill.

Waking up to find his color vision eye sight has returned. That would make his day followed by lots of bodybuilding, fighting, and eating the still beating hearts of any people that he hates.

Quzon is stoic because of his poor language skills. I'd want to have him be a bit more of a social butterfly in his own way.

Quzon has a professional goal of constructing his own miniature sawmill out of wood. When it comes to his hobby life, he'd want to get better at Auristics to be able to tell what color things are since he is truly color blind. The over all goal of the season is to improve his Wilderness Survival skills along with hunting.

I was inactive for some time and not here last season.

10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are
    some of its drawbacks?

I chose Syka because as a character Falyndar is Quzon's home. The general jungle setting is an amazing source of inspiration in a fantasy setting. The obvious answer for downside is WS stuff can get tedious at times if its blocking another thread idea. But once its archived, the issue is gone.

Nothing at the moment, I'll edit this later if something comes to mind.

Q isn't really a talker since he's not that good at common, but I'd like to think that he adds to Syka in physical ways. He's someone who'll help with labor moving things, support a fight with his magics, be a willingly happily punching bag for any spars, and help anyone that wants to lift some iron.

13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. N

14. Additional Comments?
    Get in touch if you want a to thread.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Naadiya on June 4th, 2022, 9:36 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Natasha Anvari Lisuli
    An intuitive Benshira weaver transplant from the desert. Leaving room for development.
    Resident
    TBD
    I have a job working as a weaver for Dawn Swiftwater
    Full on luxurious spa experience without having to lift a finger, open bar, all expenses paid, a bunch of dogs running around, money raining from above, a birthday where you become a year younger instead of older?
    Maybe a more devoted side?
    Searching her memories and dreams for a hint of who/where her birth father could be. Get her house finally fully built. Gain some animal husbandry skills.
    Weaving, one of my core skills that pays the bills. Wilderness Survival, to survive. Cosmetology, to be able to one day open a separate business.
    It's currently and rapidly growing, scenic and mysterious. Lots of opportunity for both good and bad.
    More furry fuzzy critters? Capybara colony?
    Pretty fabric and occasional comedic relief.
    No, working on it
  14. Additional Comments?
Naadiya
Player

Words: 338062
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2022, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shade on June 5th, 2022, 5:06 am

Character Registry

1. What is your name?
      Shadekas (everyone calls me Shade)
      I'm a Nykan Monk whom, as a favor to repay a debt, escorted a woman to Syka from Syliras and am watching over her. I did this for a change of scenery because I was getting the impression that no matter what I did I would not get all four factions of monks in Nyka to stop working against each other and work together to make the city better. Upon arriving in Syka, despite the current state of affairs, I found a system of government that was more to my liking ran by the people for the people in a way I could stomach. I decided to stay a season or two, open a business, and do what I can to make things better here that I couldn't improve in Nyka.
      Resident.
      I would like to be part of a society of equals where everyone has equal importance and an equal voice in what society decides.
      I have opened my own business... blooms and bangles.
      My absolute dream best day would be a nice stretch of beach in a comfortable chair on a perfect day alone with a cigar, a good book, and some really top-shelf whiskey.
      I would like to have a normal conversation with folks this season without a language barrier and without having to struggle to be understood or understand. And those conversations I'm hoping will lead to friendships and some formation of bonds among PCs. Some likely candidates are Cleon and Antilokes. I'd like to meet some of the other guys as well. I'd also like Shiress to keep her hand off my junk unless invited. I might be exploring my domestically violent side otherwise.
      I'd like to get my house and business up and running. Also, I want to work on wilderness survival so I can forage for flowers more easily. I want to work on my relationship with Shiress. Ian needs saving from her feminine clutches.
      I felt like I barely held on by a thread last season. I worked on a lot of random things with very little direction. I promised I'd be better this season and have more of a focus and drive.
      I had no choice. Talk to Shiress why she wanted to come here. I had to come here to watch her back. Syka, however, is growing on me.
      Shiress needs to be leashed. Otherwise, I'm pretty content with everything. PS. I'd settle for a shock collar.
      I'm hoping to add a bit of my signature calmness, my ability to defuse otherwise explosive situations, and a bit of my artistic flare with jewelry and flower arranging. I need to learn how to arrange flowers first, but we don't need to talk about this right now.
      No, but I will get there.
  14. Additional Comments?
      Life might be like a box of chocolate, but I'm confident all the yummy dark and carmel nouget is in Syka.

Shade
The Black Opal.

Words: 215158
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2011, 7:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Alric Lysane on June 5th, 2022, 5:50 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Alric Lysane
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. Average man, quasi-mage, ex-bouncer, smoker muser, minor academic, semi-fighter and par ex-sneak thief
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. Finding a purpose
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? No employment yet – has enough to cover expenses for a while
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? One he lives through without incident
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Philosophical/spiritual framework
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Core skills, dealing with past things, finding where he fits in
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? None – was only there for 5 full IC days
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? Possibilities. Communal living, community growth and interesting history.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Nothing comes to mind
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Unsure, figuring this out
  13. Does yor PC have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? No, not currently
  14. Additional Comments? No worries
~ Thanks to Gossamer/Shiress for post Boxcodes ~
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Words: 1010203
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on June 5th, 2022, 9:49 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Moritz Craven
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. Iraso Okomo Kelvic from Lhavit, working as a cook/waiter, enjoys long jogs on the beach and sparring.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. Finding Morwen
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Works as a cook/waiter at the Tidepool Bar currently.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Spending part of a day alone learning a new skill of interest, a good meal, possibly a bit of time with some friends and loved ones.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? His humor. After last season full of lies and odd stories, would like to expand on that and see where he is in regards to those things and how he feels.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Work on some new weapons, buy a bow, train his magic, make some new friends, spend some time training, and exploring the wilds.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? Mainly combat related skills from sparring, to enhance his ability to fight and protect himself and others.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? Enjoy the environment, the locations, and the wilds to explore. Chose it seeking Morwen. Downsides are it being small it does not have some things, but coming from a large city Moritz likes some time away from the crowds and such things.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Nothing specific.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? A sparring partner, an Iraso, and a semi-decent cook.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No, still working on his WS to get to that level.
  14. Additional Comments? Let me know if you want to thread, always open to plotting in Discord and working out a idea.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Faye on June 7th, 2022, 3:46 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Faye
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. I like to think of myself of as a bit of a budding adventurer. Back in Sunberth I enjoyed exploring tunnels, and here where there is so much to explore, I'm a bit overwhelmed but excited to start.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. I'd like to do something independently of my brother, learn a skill or something that gives me a measure of freedom that I haven't had the chance to experience.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? I live with my brother and am currently 11.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? A day out adventuring, exploring someplace I have never seen before and learning how to do things I have never tried. A day full of such experiences would be the best day ever.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?I'd like to explore Faye's desire for independence from her brother, giving her more opportunities to make her own way through life.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? She wants to learn all about what it means to live in Syka which means understanding the Syka core skills and the reason they are neccessary. She also wants to develop a trade skill of her own to start helping out her brother with their goals.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? She worked on a bit of cooking, learned a little about surviving in the wilderness, and tried a bit of surfing. Mostly because of the friend she made in Oralie and then following along with her brother.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?I chose Syka because it is a good opportunity for her to explore in a way that would have been difficult and dangerous for her back in Sunberth. Here she has the opportunity to grow and learn alongside a variety of lovely people while being in a place where it is easier for her brother to protect her.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Not that I can think of atm.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka?Nothing besides an alternate perspective at the moment. Though I certainly do plan on changing that this season.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. N
  14. Additional Comments? No
Faye
Player

Words: 82075
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2022, 3:47 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Next