PM to join Beach Bonfire Bonanza

A planned party with free beer, tattoos, food, and a warm fire.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Annalisa Marin on August 3rd, 2013, 5:22 am

Anna listened to his response, taking the 'ma'am' offered as more of a slight than anything else. She was willing to admit that she had perhaps acted somewhat rashly herself, not aloud but to herself. The arrogance in the man's words sounded much like something she herself would have said once not so long ago, clearly he was closer to what she had once been. A prideful and arrogant fool who didn't properly grasp the concepts and risks of magic. The fact that others were around her became more recognizable, it made her somewhat more calm but no less angry towards the red head.

"Ma'am? I suggest you address me for who I am unless you wish to learn the power of a true wizard fool. I am Professor Annalisa Marin and I will be addressed as such." She said coldly.

"If you were as skilled as you so claim then you would never have used magic in the city, with others near by. Clearly if your master taught you that such was acceptable then they are more a fool than you. I have no problem with you wanting to get yourself killed, however endangering others in Zeltiva is not something I will tolerate." Anna said, her tone switching from completely enraged to annoyed quickly.

She drew in closer to him, her voice lowering significantly but her words still bore a threatening edge. Anna was not exactly one normally concerned with public safety, but she did have a duty. As much as she might be twisted and corrupted in Rhysol's service she still considered Zeltiva her home, any threat to that home was not something she took lightly.

"Let me make myself perfectly clear, if I ever hear or see you doing something like this again I will inform the College of Scholars or the Wave Guard. Zeltiva does not need a fool of a wizard running around, ready to be consumed by his own powers." She said, holding his gaze for a moment before sharply turning on her heel and moving to leave.

Anna felt she wanted no part in whatever event was occurring here, she'd leave them to their devices and head home. At least that was her thought until she heard a familiar name, spoken casually but it brought up memories of a time long past. A beach, a man and his dog, days of her youth long past. Her gaze directed itself to its owner, the man she had brushed past.

Out of curiosity, the professor slowly approached the man her gaze weary and carefully guarded.

"Excuse me sir, your name is Ricky? Ricky Maze by any chance? If so I believe we may have met before." The woman offered, tilting her head slightly.

It was not normal for her to take such assumptions but he did resemble the vague memory of the young man from her past. It was also odd why she cared, though the memory was one she certainly viewed fondly. Perhaps it was due to part of her past self still living within her, becoming much more prominent in recent days.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 4th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Six sticks. One for Bob, Ricky, Telion, Wart, and himself. Of course, an extra in case any of them do break. Because they are sticks. It is bound to happen. Unless they catch on fire instead.... He should probably bring a couple more.

Quickly returning and plucking another five branches, Gale decided he was satisfied and briskly walked back to the docks. "Did you hear that?" He said to no one in particular as he stopped and glanced around him. It was like...a faint scream? Or a call. Or something. Could be a seagull. They do make that god awful sound. With a shrug, he continued one.

When the Zeltivan returned, the fighting seemed to have died down, thank the gods. If it had kept going, the man would debate that they were arguing for the sake of arguing. But no matter, it was over and that was all he asked for. However, it seemed like the two strangers hadn't left yet. Did...they...decide to join them? Raising an eyebrow curiously, the blonde set down the small bundle of sticks a couple of paces away from the pile of sand that now covered the fire. After doing so, he stood with the others.

"We are finally done fighting?" He said enthusiastically, but quizzical. "I thought it would never end." Once again, to no one in particular. But Gale turned to Wart this time. "Do you need some help getting some more wood or is the other chunks enough? There is a plank over there I can bring over as well." The man spoke quickly, as if in a hurry, which, he technically was.

The murderer was here for one reason and one reason only. Because he knew Kendhl would never leave him alone about being Mr. Prude-Pants if he didn't come. And if he was going to come to a bonfire and have fun, (which he apparently didn't know existed according to Bob) well damnit, he was going to have fun. That meant he was going to help get it started as soon as possible by every means of the word. Besides, if it does end up bad, the sooner the fire got started the sooner he could go home.

"Wait-" He blinked and turned to the water. "Where did Kendhl go? She still fishing?"
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 4th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Gods petching damnit! First Gale walked off, then she couldn't find him, and now the otter couldn't catch any fish. It was as if bad luck came in threes. She paddled down to the sandy bottom, feeling about with her paws and sensitive whiskers. She'd just shove a crab down his pants and watch him dance about. Maybe slap him with it beforehand.

There! A nice big crab. It had a broad shell and spiny legs. Kendhl swooped in and snatched it up, surfacing quickly and hauling her catch to shore in her jaws. Gale was standing there. The otter narrowed her eyes and waddled towards him angrily. She hated being mad. Dropping the crab and putting a paw on it, her form shimmered for a split second before bursting into a swirl of lights and fading into her human form.

Kendhl scooped up the beastie by a leg and stomped even closer, yanking the waistband of Gale's trousers outwards and releasing the spiny thing into his pants. She gave him a sarcastic smile, stepped back and watched for his reaction.

OOCYes, an overreaction on Kendhl's part... But she hates being mad, which only makes her more angry... Etc etc etc. You get the idea. :D

"Kendhl's words", "Kendhl's Thoughts"
Last edited by Kendhl Pilkvist on August 5th, 2013, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Athinar on August 5th, 2013, 1:05 am

Athinar was dragging the man along the beach, with the man crying and sobbing and pleading with him all the time. Sighing, he said, "Look, I was hired to KILL one man, but I was ordered to remove anyone who's in his operation. Now you have one chance, before you go into Laviku's bathtub. Where is he?" Blubbering as Athinar pulled him to the edge of the water, he clawed at the sand to try and stop him from moving into the sea. Shouting, the man called for help, and Athinar laughed. "There's no one... out... here?" Turning, he saw a group of people yelling at each other, gesticulating wildly, and finally settle down. Blankly staring at them for a minute, the two men suddenly erupted in a flurry of movement, kicking up dust and making quite a large amount of noise. Breaking free, the hostage ran towards them, saying, "Help! Please, somebody, help!" He had a look of utter terror on his face and stumbled the last few steps. Sprinting after him, Athinar called out, "Hey, get back here! STOP PETCHING RUNNING!"
This epic boxcode was made by the extremely talented Wanda Endust!
Athinar
Player

Words: 9630
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2013, 11:45 am
Character sheet

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Wart on August 6th, 2013, 4:55 am

Wart snorted in amusement as she watched Ricky approach the arguing magic users. It was nice to have someone who would shut them up, but the way he went about it grated on her nerves. He was so, so… Polite and orderly about it. With everything that red head had caused and the interruption of the other one, she felt they deserved at least some raised voices, a threat or two even. That's how she solved these kinds of things, anyway, and perhaps how she would have it weren't for their nervous-making practice.

The artist gave Telion a small smile and a chuckle, unsure of how to react towards this baby stuff. Apparently the whole kicking thing was supposed to be cute, but frankly she found the whole thing more than a little creepy. She respected her and Ricky, however, so she kept the thoughts to herself for once, covering her quiet with another gulp of her drink.

Despite the general dislike of her presence, Wart had to hand it to the wizard women. She didn't understand most of what they were talking about but at least it sounded like a proper chewing out. After that, Ricky's too-calm words seemed to take their effect and things settled down. The woman even looked like she was ready to leave, but then, of course, for what ever reason didn't.

"'Course not, 'at'd be too easy," she muttered.

Her attention was pulled as she finally saw Gale return. "There 'y are, ya missed all the petchin fun, ya two vagiks lettin' me enjoy all a it by m'self! Sure, em other chunks'll be fine fer now, I'll prolly be goin' getting more as 'ey burn though, long as no one pulls more fireball shyke, should last a bell er so." She would have griped more, but it looked like things were finally settling down. He'd also brought some sticks back so at least he'd been doing something useful. The otter girl was still missing though-

She'd been taking a drink of her kelp beer and didn't see the woman coming until it was too late. Until Gale's pants had been pulled open and a crab set inside.

Whether it was the buzz of the alcohol, the leftover adrenaline, relief of the magic shyke being over, or just the plain dumb humor, Wart was immediately dying with laughter. "Oh Gods, Hahaha!" She clutched her stomach, pointing at the poor artist and his situation. Tears streaming down her face, she was too overcome to comprehend the sudden hysterics of a man running at them, managing a gasping "The, hahaha, the petch?"

oocI am so sorry I'm so late posting, public transportation hates me and I ended up stranded in another city for most of today. x.x
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Yas Heron on August 6th, 2013, 5:10 pm

The red haired scholar moved away from the Professor, drying up his face. Honestly, he hadn't intended to scare anyone and was a little upset himself. Really this was supposed to be a nice party and thus far he was just simply upset. Ricky's gentle rectification was more than welcome, and that brought a little smile back to his face. Once he and the woman began talking, and the young lady had done her business giving "Gale" a case of the crabs, Yas moved past wart just to get to the water; Really, his feet still sort of hurt from the travelling and now was a good a time as any to cool and soothe his soles.

Really, Zeltiva and this part of the world hadn't changed all that much, and momentarily Yas did wonder why he came back to this part of the world. Though, that thought washed away with the current as the footwraps were undone and his hard, aching feet were set in the water. Was there really no place for him to go and simply practice his scholarly pursuits, and maybe cast a bit of magic without outright being persecuted for his crimes? Its not like a particular guild could be made, and even if it could be made it was not like the red haired man would be able to really lead it.

There was a fish flopping near his leg, appearing trapped in the sand and that made the young man tilt his head. Well, they were looking for fish and that was a good a catch as any. A hand went down into the water, using what Res was still around already to pull the midsized fish to his hand. Unfortunately, he nearly dropped it as a man ran by him and nearly startled the fish right out of his hands.

"Urk... What in the world?"
Yas Heron
Magic User

Words: 17771
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2013, 3:37 pm
Character sheet

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Ricky Maze on August 9th, 2013, 3:33 am

oocThank you all for being patient with me, I had a writers block from hell all week but now have some productivity going. :)

"Well this just got petchin' interestin'." Ricky quirked with a furrowed brow at the womans remark. "Yeah, I be Ricky. How d'..." He took a moment to consider where they may have met before the finishing the question. Certainly hadn't seen her before, at least not in the recently years passed years. No she knew him. There was no mistaking that, otherwise he would've had a reputation he didn't know about. The look she held when she asked him his name, note his actual full name, did mean that she knew him from somewhere. "Shyke... I can't recall where we've met." She did hold that sense of familiarity about her, and from what Ricky knew she seemed to have a few recognisable characteristics. One in particular was the grey eye color her eyes wore, almost relative to a innocence he once knew from a time that had long passed.

"How d' we know each other if I might ask?" He finally inquired as he failed to make the connection, it was difficult to assume that this woman was in fact young Anna from the time when Ricky first took in Odis. He went for the box to retrieve another bottle of Kelp Beer while he would listen to her reply. Gale returned at about this time, glad to see the excitement had died down as well. Telion finally came close to his side as she did so, and while Wart and Gale conversed for a brief moment Kendhl the very naked Kelvic slipped a crab into the very trousers the artist wore. This caused quite a laugh from Wart and Kenny, and when Ricky and Telion both watched they too had the uncontrollable urge to stop laughing. Ricky was actually rather thankful that he didn't open the bottle or better yet; drink from it less he would have spewed Kelp Beer everywhere. He'd much rather avoid a burning nose and throat at this point, but the scene before him just became all the more entertaining nonetheless. That is until someone ran their way with the intention to call for help.

This caused the excitement to die down for Ricky, almost instinctively he looked over to where the man came from, and with instinct kicked in he was already piecing together what was going on. A local Zeltivan crying for help while being chased by a angry lunatic, really he seemed to be much like a crazy fool if anything, making haste as people were near. Totally spelled trouble for Ricky, enough to where that part of his anger and agitation set him on the edge, and in short his concerned look turned into that of a flushed red face with rage evident. Clearly he had pent up enough anger this season, although the training should've properly helped release some of that anger. No. The stress of it all only made it all the more stronger, thus with his desire to protect his friends here at this bonfire, plus the sense of duty as a Wave Guard, Ricky popped open the bottle of Kelp Beer and drank from it. He only continued to do so as he walked on over in the direction of the man, the local now past him as he brushed against the red haired mage. It wasn't until Ricky finished his Kelp Beer that he finally stopped, where he would stand several feet in front of this man.

Telion was nervous now of course. She had seen Ricky when he was angry and much rather avoided it if at all possible, in short she decided to rest on her knees while he did what he did best. She remained still in the spot where Ricky left her, silent with worry over to Ricky as she watched the scene unfold. "Oi!" He called to the stranger with the bottle in his hand, he slowly twirled it betweem fingers as to keep a hold on it should he have need of the damned thing. "Best speak now before I decide what t' d' with ya, 'cause ye just petched with the wrong Zeltivan." He irked with a frown and furrowed brow, already viewing this man as a potential threat to his friends and family. "What barnacle shyke are ye up t'? Why's that man all wet an' scared like he's pissed 'em self hm?" He waited for an explanation, debated whether or not if he would have to take a proper course of action. He took into consideration of this situation the odds, two decent mages and one not really good with his own, plus the fact he was a guard and overly defensive father to be... yeah this man had little chance, so if he were to pull anything he would most certainly have to be careful...
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Annalisa Marin on August 9th, 2013, 5:35 am

Anna allowed a ghost of a smile to grace her lips, so he was indeed the same Ricky. An odd coincidence, but a pleasant one nonetheless as figures from her past were mostly absent in recent days. The wizard allowed the man to grab a bottle of Kelp Beer, and was actually about to indulge in a drink herself. A drunk wizard was generally a bad thing but one drink couldn't exactly hurt, this was a party after all. While not being the most festive person in existence, she was willing to relax her nerves slightly. Engaging in a bit of socialization wouldn't kill her.

As she was about to grab a bottle she noticed something that caused her eyebrows to raise slightly. A kelvic shifting form from an otter to human, an interesting to note to make. Perhaps the young kelvic might be willing to submit to a bit of an academic study, Anna still had many questions about Kelvics that she wanted answered. The wizard filed that note away, telling herself that she would approach the creature when an opportune time presented itself.

The wizard had her attention stolen again by a pleading cry for help, her head jerking to its direction with cool narrow eyes. A chase of sorts was taking place and Ricky was quick to head over to the scene, taking a couple of swigs as he walked. Anna did not have to be a genius to recognize a tense situation when it was occurring, this made her little scolding of that other mage seem rather friendly in terms of atmosphere. Just when she had been about to relax a bit, something came along that made her tense up.

The wizard stayed where she was as it still gave her a good view of the other man, muttering under her breath in the ancient tongue. A bit of clear translucent res pooled in the palm of her right hand, a precaution for dealing with escalations of the situation. Fire would not do, as Ricky was so close to the other man so earth seemed the better alternative. The wizard did not transmute the res, not yet. She disliked casting in public places, one because it was foolish and dangerous, and two because it took away an element of surprise about her magic. Knowing she was a wizard gave an air of intimidating mystery, knowing the extent of her power took that edge away.

The professor had already judged the man to be within her zone of res control, if he left it then she could easily throw her res further. The last thing she wanted to do was pummel some fool to death with earth reimancy but she was perfectly willing to do so if the situation warranted it. Anna kept herself as non-descript looking as possible, the element of surprise would be key if things got nasty. The wizard was going to take whatever tactical edge she could get here.

Of course, the unknown factors were the other party goers or Ricky himself, making rash moves might set off the other man. Hopefully no one was that foolish, but you never knew.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 21st, 2013, 2:04 am

Common Vani Nari

Two vagiks? Did someone else vanish too? Must be Bob. No sign of her anywhere. The blonde man turned to Wart after giving up his search for the kelvic,"If someone throws another fireball, I swear to the gods, I am going home." Although it was followed by a quirky chuckle, it was a serious statement. "Well, if you need any-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Who in the petching world was pulling his pants?!?! He was going to be molested!! No petching way!! This was not happening! "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!" The murderer exclaimed loudly as he swatted behind him. Being able to touch, more like hit, this person's arm, his lanky hands gripped it tightly and attempted to rip their grip off his pants. Although it worked, it wasn't before something...rather heavy was put into his trousers. Gale didn't hesitate to turn around to look at this attacker. Only to see that it was Bob.

His cheeks boiled and turned a bright red. Well, maybe more than his cheeks. His entire face was tomato red as a matter of fact. "WHAT THE BLOODY PETCHING SHYKE WAS THAT?!" The man screamed. But quickly noticed that this heavy object in his pants was moving. "AH!" A yelp of surprise. At first he thought it was a rock of some sort, but that was crossed off. The widower's hands swung around and whacked this...thing in a failed attempt to see what it was. But it didn't take long for him to find that out.

"HOLY GODS OF SHYKE PETCHING!" A distinct sting on Gale's right cheek gave him the clarity he needed. It was a crab. A petching, good for nothing crab. "SHYKE!" Another yell at this realization. Wait- Crabs have two pincher. Why was it only pinching wi-"ACK!" Spoke too soon. There was another sharp sting on his left side, but this time it was on the lower half. "OW, OW, OW!" A hand shot down his pants, feeling the crusty shell of the foul beast. Did this thing have barnacles on it?! Oh dear gods, help him now.

Looking like he was scratching an itch, in an awkward way, Gale was able to grab one of it's arms, thinking that it would let go with a little coaxing. Boy, was he wrong. Instead, the other pincher briefly let go to shift into a more painful position and pinched again. "GAH!" He fell to his knees. "Shyke!"

Almost as if all the others laughter was contagious, the man started to laugh himself. Lolling his head down, the chuckles were mixed with whimpers. "Kendhl! Hahaha! I'm going to kill you!" He told the otter, still attempting to get it the damn crab off his ass.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Beach Bonfire Bonanza

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 21st, 2013, 11:49 pm

Kendhl's previous aggravation was soon replaced by utter amusement. Gale's frantic attempts to remove the crab were simply hilarious. The girl was bent over, wheezing and laughing. And his squeal!

She didn't even need to drop the crab down the back of his pants for him to start swatting at her and try and pull her hands away from the waistline. He had turned a bright red after he found out it was her.

"That was a crab, Gale!"

The Kelvic wanted to help remove the so-called 'gift' she had bestowed upon the man, but it would be awkward. To him, at least. Animals helped each other groom, why wouldn't humans? But they didn't, so all she could do was stand there and laugh.

Poor Gale.

"Kendhl's words", Kendhl's Thoughts
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext