PM to join Squires Amongst the Snow

See within for details

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Archailist on March 18th, 2015, 7:58 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

It seemed he'd arrived barely at the nick of time; they were straight into the plan. Kill Yukmen horde, call for knights if they got into any trouble.. which they'd better hope they didn't, since going off and throwing themselves into the pit of danger without even a nod to their patrons, let alone permission to run off and potentially get themselves killed wasn't going to go down well with their superiors when they all found out. They'd need a sturdy plan.. which apparently even the organizer of their little party had doubts in. Off to a great start.. then again, at least it was Ball. If there was anyone around, Pycon or not that could punch their way out of a problem better than the blob of clay barely half the size of the squirrel then he certainly wasn't in this region. They might not have the best thinker, but they had the best pair of fists, undisputedly. Brains could only go so far, after all.

Which was exactly why he definitely didn't like what his so-called part of the plan was to be. The Pycon set his jaw to avoid simply speaking out and interrupting Ball mid-sentence.. though as soon as he was finished, the Pycon poured himself out immediately. "You've got to be kidding me. I'm too heavy and he's too small to reach help in reasonable time." The Sykanis mount made what sounded almost like a whimper in protest but the squirrel's warm, comforting hand pressed onto the spot at the back of his head eventually calmed the animal down somewhat. It was true; he had every intention of leaving as soon as things got bad. Alerting the nearest knights on the way back if he could. It didn't mean that he was going to act as the last defense between a horde and the rest of the entire city. Even better was when Garland piped up. "You think I'm gonna be able to carry anyone with me, wounded or not? This dog isn't that strong."

Instead, he turned and glanced back to Revy. "You've got the best mount out of all of us. I'm sure you'll be much faster than me." There was no point just complaining without offering a better solution. He'd never seen Revy actually try and make a fast pace on the back of her horse but she seemed pretty confident on the back, with a bit of room for anyone else that might be injured. "If you've got a good sword arm, you have a better chance than I do of cutting down a path between here and the nearest patrol, too."

Then, there were orders to handle. Kill-zones. Flanking. Archers. It seemed like Garland really wanted to make all of this shyke complicated. "Why do we need anyone on the ground at all?" He couldn't help but pique in the moment there came a break in the conversation - which just happened to be the moment they were supposed to be suggesting an archery leader. "Yukmen can't climb trees. We can. Why are we even bothering to put ourselves in danger?" Maybe he just wasn't seeing the obvious problems, but it seemed as though all they needed to do was climb up into the trees and then just hit them from above consistently. "Petch, if needed to, we can box them in with fire and then let them burn in a controlled section."

Soon the clay figurine was waving his paws about with glances thrown back to the Zith, the two other Pycons, and the rest of them. "It'll even give us the element of surprise if we jump down from above and strike them out quickly. If we keep ourselves together - not separated into groups where we'll be easily to separate and dissolve into the horde before we get time to blink - then we'll be able to level the field of battle before they know we're here and, afterwards, we'll wipe out the remainders without injury." Finally, he turned directly to Garland. It wasn't a direct confrontation.. it was an alternate strategy. There wasn't much gravel to his voice but there was a mild hint of disbelief to the suggested strategy.. something that he struggled to contain. "What do you think?"
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Treachery on August 21st, 2015, 3:49 pm

OOCI have no excuse for my lateness. It's completely inexcusable really. Sorry guys. Just sorry.

Joining the confused circle the group had begun to form, the zith's attention was immediately drawn to deciphering the wave of common coming at him. Picking up what he could from the ideas being throw back and forth, Treachery decided to himself that what they were hunting was some sort of animal; despite the misleading name. The clay man was the first to state an idea suggesting that itself and the more heavily tooled up of the humans attack the creatures head on whilst the small bat eared lady help them with magic. Even as a blob of earth the little man seemed nervous; saying that if things went wrong, in a way that suggested that he expected them to, the clay squirrel should alert the rest of the colony's defences. Not liking the uncertainty of their small leader, the Zith simply glared at him when addressed as his only sign of acknowledgement.

Nivel then piped up, stating a few odd words that he did not know the meaning of. 'Autistics' gave him the quiet image of what happened to unfortunate birds when a snake found them. Letting the memories of bird bones going snap fade away, the Zith took an immediate interest in the little clay woman talking at his shins. She was rather cute in a way, like a mutilated bat carcass with a sweet voice. Tilting his ear towards her, Treachery mentally translated her question. Leaning down, he smiled and cupped a hand to his mouth so he could whisper to her.

“Yes. But no sure what yukmen is.”

Withdrawing when Nivel began addressing the female, 'Revy', Treachery felt eyes on him. Fur bristling up, he immediately made eye contact with the other armoured male in the group. By this point the man was now focusing on Nivel. Suddenly feeling protective, Treachery sized him up. He was shorter than the Zith with brown hair and pale skin. His build looked muscular but it was hard to tell under the armour. The ma's eyes were calm and seemed to instil authority when he put forward his own idea. It seemed a simple plan, similar to how he, himself, had been taunt to hunt humans. One group herded the prey towards the rest of the pack, or in this case lured, and then they all worked to take it down. He'd seen it work many times, although only on small groups and judging from what was being said, the group they were hunting was rather large.

The suggestion of archers made him instinctual nervous. Out on the Sea of Grass, the only archers that he had encountered had been Drykas aiming at him. Personally he preferred to be the only thing flying through the air at any given time. Either way the man seemed to have more confidence about him then the clay blob. Immediately acting as their leader, he began trying to organise those there out into groups. Sparing a glance towards the ground, his head shot up when he got called out. They wanted him to lead the scout party? With Nivel too? An odd mix but it could work. Oh right, his name.

“My name Treachery.”

Awaiting a reply, the Zith smiled at 'Revy''s choice of words. A coward choice of weapon was a good description of bows. The expression turned sour when the clay rodent that had been whining since the beginning piped up again. Glaring down at it in hopes it would shut up, to Treachery's disappointment it didn't and unfortunately it was raising a few good points. If these things couldn't climb, having the high ground was a good option and he knew better than anyone there the advantage of swooping in from above. Fire, however was just madness. Visibly bristling at the suggestion, he barely restrained himself from baring his teeth. No, they were not going to dabble in flames on this hunt. Noting that the Rodent had finished, Treachery decided he might as well ad his own thoughts into the mix.

“Being high up is good idea but fire has mind of own. Would eat yukmen and us all. Also how big is group we are hunt? Man's plan I only see work on small group in past. No sure if work on big group.”
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Ball on August 22nd, 2015, 3:58 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball looked at the group and frowned, his idea was pretty squished like a bug but it made sense. Simple and to the point. “Bat Pycon is right.” Ball pointed at the Zith, “Fire isn’t an option in the woods. And I won’t climb another tree in my petching life unless I absolutely had to. And I don’t plan on this Yukmen forcing me to climb no bloody trees. I will die before that happens, and trust me. I will punch their throats out before that happens.” Ball looked at the Squirrel and sighed, “You make a point, you aren’t of size to pull, drag, or push the wounded out. I wouldn’t expect you to do that. I expect you to jump, skip, and make your merry petching way to safety and alerting the patrolling knights. We are petching squires. Defenders and you expect me to just sit here when I know the shyke out there,” The pycon pointed towards the outer wall and beyond. “I refuse to just sit here and let those… Abominations just walk around and not be reined in and slaughtered like cow and pigs.”

Ball turned and ran and hand across his face, turning once more, “But you are all right. Dividing ourselves isn’t worth the dangerous it can risk. Fire is no good as I mentioned previously. Fire is dangerous in its own right. We need to spearhead the group as a single entity, if we need to single them out by ones and twos to keep the horde from catching us and chasing after us all, we can easily trim their numbers down.” His monocular eye looked at one face to another, “So what say you all? We going to put our training and life on the line like our patrons and show the world we can actually do what is necessary to defend our realm?”

Ball sure as hoped to Hai that everyone here agreed with him.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Nivel on September 10th, 2015, 8:23 am

Garland pitched his plan right after Nivel with unwavering confidence and it made her feel even more self conscious. He used words she didn’t understand and tactics she wasn’t sure she could follow. It looked like the young tall folk quickly usurped Ball’s authority and started to delegate positions, putting Nivel in the reconnaissance team. Garland appointed the new winged squire as leader of her group, which surprised Nivel since he didn’t even know their name. She didn’t really have a problem with it since it gave her more time to get to know the shy furry one better, but it was still strange. Although the idea of a squirrel such as Arch being in charge of dragging an armoured tall folk any significant distance was probably the oddest suggestion. It didn’t take long for arch to retaliate with a suggestion about climbing trees and using fire, which didn’t sound like a very safe idea either. It seemed like everyone was fighting to take charge and being far more pushy than she was used to. Nivel didn’t like this scenario one bit and tried to think of some way to calm everyone down.

Revy returned her greeting but it didn’t seem to cheer her up at all, the atmosphere had gotten far too tense.

“I have a suggestion” Nivel blurted out with her tiny arm raised high. Nivel wasn’t sure if she was really helping matters or not but felt she needed to be involved even if things were a little chaotic. “ I think the important thing is to remember that we’re all friends and Yukman are …stupid…and um… you should stop yelling because that’s what..friends..I mean Yukman do…” She let out a nervous sigh and added “sorry I just don’t want you guys to fight anymore.” Once everyone looked in her direction she began to stubble over her words, inspiring speeches weren’t really her strong suit. She took a deep breath and relaxed a bit before continuing once more.
“Anyway..I think you’ve all made some good points I just…think we need some organization and team work like Garland suggested and climbing tree’s…uh might work for some people that are good at that sort of thing” She tried to focus on the positive but it was pretty hard in this situation.

Nivel retreated back to the Furry creature who had just introduced himself as Treachery. it was odd name but not one a pycon would ever bat an eyelash at, especially since they didn’t have any eyelashes to bat.. She didn’t get a chance to answer the shy creatures question earlier so she felt this was the best time to do so. She tugged lightly on his ankle fur to get his attention, and after lifting her hand to her face she began to whisper.
“Yukman look like Garland except ..really dirty and they have rocks stuck in their skin, they also scream pretty loud for no reason.”
She let her had down and began to speak normally “Looks like were partners for this mission…do you know what were supposed to do?”

Ball piped up finally amongst the squabbling and thankfully took the reins back as leader. “Agreed!” Nivel piped up first, hoping others would follow.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Garland on September 22nd, 2015, 8:09 am

What the Zith said was right, Garland's plan would work on smaller groups, but they weren't dealing with a small group, they were dealing with a large horde.

Well... They weren't sure, Yukmen spawn quickly and numbers can change, the information the first scouts reported in their sighting could be out of date by now. "Fine, the Zith knows how to hunt so I'll take his word about my plan, still, we need to know how many they are, so I still think Nivel and the Zith should scout out ahead before we engage." Garland sighed and looked over to the small 'army' they have.

Some of the squires were green, very green, they will most likely get in trouble if they come back at all. Still, if they do survive, it will be good experience for them... Still, Garland thought that this was a very bad idea, they need the a few knights at least.

But it seems that Ball is bent of taking the Yukmen here and now. "I'll follow your plan Ball, I just hope we only get badly maimed and not killed." Garland looked himself over and checked his gear.

He turned his attention to the squires and called out to them. "Right, check your equipment and your armor, we're heading out."

occ :
Sorry for the late reply, like I said before, internet got cut off and this is the best I can do with the short time I have right now.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 7th, 2015, 10:17 am

All this planning and whatever was just boring the Hai out of Revy. She recognized it was needed, but still. Right now they just had too little info for a plan. The woman itched for some action. She wanted to bury her sword in something. A good fight was what she needed right now.

"We can certainly plan all we want, but plans only go so far. I say we all need to take a number of these squires under us, so that they dont get themselves killed. I know we are still squires, but it seems most of us have at least a little more experience in a fight then they do.", she said. Revy knew she probably sounded quite arrogant, but she wouldn't like it if they lost a lot of squires due to bad leadership.

Then the woman looked over her shoulder to the other squires, who were packing up. If this rabble was gonna survive, they had better take the lead. She didn't want a situation like in spring to happen again. It was her own leadership that failed her group back then and it still stung. She expected herself to always do well, so when she didn't she cursed herself for it.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Archailist on January 2nd, 2016, 4:39 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

oocSorry this took so long!

He could only agree with Treachery, Ball and Nivel; fire would spread far too wide and end up dissolving the entire group if it was used as a last-resort. There was no real way to contain the flames, after all.. they'd be at the mercy of the fire just as much as the Yukmen and make the situation worse, not better. "Yeah, you're right there. Guess we stick with Ball's plan then, correct? Spearhead the group and trim them down by singling out individuals and taking them down to loosen their numbers." Seemed as good a plan as any, as long as their numbers didn't end up overwhelming the group and surrounding everyone. Ahh well. "Anything goes wrong, I'll get out and warn someone quick as I can. Even if I can't travel fast or take anyone out with me, I guess." Not something he was particularly happy with, turning heel and abandoning everyone when things looked at their worst.. but if that was what they wanted, he supposed he'd have to find some way to justify it.

Oh. Nivel seemed a little nervous. "We're not fighting, just.. offering suggestions, you know?" he reminded her with a smile. "Besides, we've got a plan now.. it's just a matter of following it through, getting rid of these pests and.. well, voila!" Speaking of which, it seemed almost time to go. The only things left to do was to check all of their equipment, maybe see if it was possible to convince a few other squires to join them.. although, the only reason Archailist was here was because Ser Iros had other matters to attend to. This was a dangerous job.. one with no knights to back them up, no supervision to ensure their safety. How many of these squires, given only a moments notice, would abandon their post to join them? Well, there was only one way to find out, but the squirrel already had his doubts.

Nevertheless, after a few chimes of checking his four weapons and the tac on Xarex's back - and a lengthy conversation with a small group of younger squires who looked like they were just packing up and leaving the Training Grounds after their joint mandatory sessions - the squirrel was riding back down the stairs through the Tiers, towards the ground floor with two young lads in tow. Both looked under the age of sixteen, one fixed with an unfortunately dull gladius and the other with a well-worn morningstar. "We'll see you at the gates when you're ready!" he called back on his way out.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Treachery on January 24th, 2016, 12:30 am

The planning was not going as well as it could have. At least the majority of those there had recognised the insanity of the rodent's fire plan. Thank the great rendering for that. Breathing out softly, Treachery frowned when the before-then nervous clay man declared that he was going to be punching out a yukmen's throats. He appreciated the little guys passion but highly doubted that he would ever be able to reach high enough to hit their throat, even then clay was a type of mud and getting hit by a ball of mud would't hurt that much. Either way, with his new found passion driving him the clay man seemed to be trying to organise them once again, although the new nickname thrown his way confused Treachery greatly. He was definitely not a pycon or a bat. About to correct him on his mistake, another pycon ended up grabbing the zith's attention.

Nivel was pipping up worried about their discussion. She seemed to think they were fighting over the plan. The Rodent reassured her they weren't though Treachery could see where Nivel had been coming from with her worries. A sudden tug on his ankle had the zith focus entirely on the female pycon. She appeared to want to whisper something at him. Leaning down partway to catch what she said, Treachery had to take a moment to process the image of dirty screaming garlands with rocks embedded in their skin. Okay then. At least he could now figure his strategy to more based on human hunting. Just as well as it appears Garland, himself, had just volunteered Nivel and Treachery to scout ahead. Tilting his head again to listen to the female pycon at his ankles, treachery shrugs at her question.

“Maybe, find yukman. Be easy cause you say they scream lots. Then tell others number and where. Maybe then lead to rest of pack or into trap. Sound good?”

His question went unanswered when the small clay man, apparently called Ball, began motivating those present into action. Following suit, Treachery double checked that his kopis. Unsheathing it and running a finger lightly over the blade, the zith concluded that it could have been sharper but would do before resheathing it. Checking the strips on his chest plate and stretching his wings to make sure it wasn't rubbing anywhere, Treachery concluded he was about as ready as he would ever be. Hopefully that would be enough.
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Squires Amongst the Snow

Postby Samuel Longwell on March 3rd, 2017, 9:08 pm

Grading Complete

Please edit your grade request thread so that it's obvious that it's been graded. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/problems with your grade.

Name: Ball

XP Award:
  • Planning 2
  • Leadership 2
  • Tactics 3
  • Rhetoric 1
Lore:
  • Finalised Plan to deal with the Yukmen
  • Fire is not a good idea in a forest
Name: Garland

XP Award:
  • Planning 1
  • Leadership 1
  • Tactics 3
Lore:
  • Archaliast: Would run from combat
Name: Revy

XP Award:
  • Observation 2
  • Philosophy 1
  • Socialisation 1
  • Rhetoric 1
Lore:
Name: Archailist

XP Award:
  • Planning 3
  • Tactics 2
  • Leadership 2
Lore:
Name: Treach

XP Award:
  • Observation 2
  • Socialisation 2
  • Intimidation 1
  • Tactics 2
Lore:
  • Yukmen: Scream a lot
  • Yukmen: Some kind of beast

Notes: A good planning thread. I didn't award any shield points as you didn't actually go and fight any Yukmen. Enjoy your grades.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous