[Firenze] The Giant Book of Scraps

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 1st, 2016, 1:50 pm

Oh dear fire, that's terrible. I hope things would ever so improve for you and your family!

I wish you and your fam, good luck!

EDIT:

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 1st, 2016, 4:06 pm

-hugs the kitty tightly-
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Boo Beckett on April 1st, 2016, 9:08 pm

Firepants. Go check your Steam account if you're in need of a little distraction. A gift awaits :)
Elsa | Boo Speak | Boo Thoughts | Harold
Boo Beckett
Player

Words: 89859
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2016, 6:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Firenze on April 24th, 2016, 2:58 am

So, not sure how else to put this so I'll just give the facts. Most know, some don't.

My father was not well, last Thursday he went into the hospital for what we thought was going to be something routine, perhaps he just had a bug. I was not aware that his doctors and girlfriend had been giving him a new medicine for his arthritis. This new medicine dropped his white cell count to 0. Literally. He was so sick that he had gotten bacterial pneumonia from his saliva, which in turn caused sepsis. He had been having a hard time eating for the last few months, the doctors are unsure why. They had put him on a medicine to make him feel hungry but that only lasted a short while.

While in the hospital, fluid was around his lungs and made it difficult to breath. They were trying to figure out the root cause as to why he was unable to eat and where the fluid was coming from. They did several tests which took a huge toll on his body. When the echo of his heart came back it was determined that his heart was starting to fail. Afterwards his kidney's started to follow. We're not sure but the family and some doctors suspect he may have had another stroke during this time as well from previous issues. They also suspect that he may have had cancer but were unable to find it because the tests were putting his body through too much stress to continue.

He passed away this Thursday and we're currently in the process of getting things together for his funeral and dealing with the estate and businesses.

I will tell you, this is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. Not only the week of sleeping in the hospital, the fear of leaving because something may change while I was gone, but even in the aftermath. Going through all his things, my things and the family's to find pictures and memories... there is a lot of things that you forget that bring up regrets and sadness.. but also happiness.

He was the most wonderful, hard working, caring man I've ever known in my life. It really amazed me how much he was involved in the community and how much he cared, not only for us but for everyone and their family that he came into contact with. I knew to some degree growing up but I never realized how much. I've heard so many stories and seen so many people come from all over that he touched in some form or another and it amazes me how far his heart reached. He worked so hard so that they could make sure that they had a working vehicle so that they didn't have to worry. I've known of times that he did it for free because someone couldn't afford it. My dad always went above and beyond. That was the kind of man he was.

I know how much pain he was in and I'm glad he's not going through that anymore, but at the same time I want to be selfish have my dad back. I know it's normal but it doesn't stop me from wanting it.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know and to apologize for not being around or posting much as of late. I also wanted to give a heads up that once the funeral and everything has been sorted out I'm going to be taking on one of his businesses. I'm going to be a bit of a busy bee, but I will do my very best to get posts out. I really appreciate your patience.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 24th, 2016, 3:08 am

I wish I could reach out and hug you in real time. Instead, all I can say is I'm so sorry. Loosing a parent is a terrible thing. I know that more than one of us have gone through this or are currently going through it. It is literally the hardest thing ever. I totally agree with you there. I wish you peace finally and that everything calms down fairly soon. I know it won't be okay for a long long time. Just keep in mind how fantastic it was you had him in your life and had the time you had with him.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Elysium on April 24th, 2016, 4:10 am

Emma, I am so sorry for your loss. Reading this brought me to tears. I know it was sudden and I can read the devastation in the way you write. You have dignity and grace in enduring this that is completely unparalleled. I hope in some small way, my pithy offerings can help you feel a little better.

With lots of love and chocolate,

Kate
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Boo Beckett on April 24th, 2016, 5:23 am

Didn't know your dad, aside from what you told me in our conversations. But I can tell you as a father myself, he was and always will be super proud of you. Should be proud of himself too. He raised one heck of a daughter :)
Elsa | Boo Speak | Boo Thoughts | Harold
Boo Beckett
Player

Words: 89859
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2016, 6:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Reisen Widerspruch on April 24th, 2016, 6:05 am

You have my condolences, I wish I could give more.
Collaborative Thread Limit= 2/3

Right, from experience I noticed a tendancy of me taking too many threads I can handle with other people. So I'm establishing that thread limit up there. If the limit is 3/3 then take note that I can't thread with you until one of those threads I'm part of are done and gone.
Reisen Widerspruch
The man on a walk

Words: 46753
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2016, 2:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ixzo on April 24th, 2016, 11:56 am

I'm so sorry, Fire! It's devastating and my heart goes out to you. He sounded like a noble and wonderful man, and he's raised an amazing daughter as well. Like you said, at least he is no longer suffering. I wish you the best of luck in the aftermath, and even though I hardly know you, my love is with you. I'm so sorry this happened!
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on May 3rd, 2016, 1:35 am

For Sky:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext