OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Kaiu on July 9th, 2017, 11:52 pm

Another question for Gossamer: For the community hunt the Founders call, would they provide a barrel/trunk of preservation salts for Kaiu to take with him, so that he could butcher then begin the curing process on site?
Kaiu
a beast within and without

Words: 5336
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2017, 11:33 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on July 15th, 2017, 3:11 am

I've been meaning to do this for a while.
Syka now has a character sheet template.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post513795.html#p513795
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Karin on July 15th, 2017, 7:49 am

Nice! The colours remind me of cocktails. ;)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Trevor Hightly on July 15th, 2017, 11:52 pm

I just want to say hi to everyone.

I don't really know if I need to be approved before I start playing here since it looks like Nyka is a little different than the other cities, but I wanted to introduce myself right quick anyway.

I'm really hoping to write some stories--whether quirky, meaningful, sad, or adventurous, even mundane, with all of you soon.

I'm not against writing threads with fighting/violence, but my character isn't exactly a fighter. He's a somewhat shy, reserved, contemplative, talker and not a brawler.

So, anything where combat is involved is going to have Trevor feeling very out of his element. That said, I don't mind doing said threads at all! Playing out Trevor's weaknesses don't bother me.

As for threads where our characters are being social? Those are the type of threads I really had in mind when I wrote up Trevor. I want to write jokes, and tragedies, and socialization, and conversation with you all.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in writing with me, I'd absolutely love to come up with something unique, fun, and cool with you--more than anything, something IMAGINATIVE and deeper than surface level. :p

I've been lurking for a while on the Syka board--I'm probably a bit shy by normal standards, just like my character, but I'm friendly and I try my best to be kind and empathetic. So whatever you guys want to do in-game, I'd love to incorporate into Trevor's stories as well--so we can all build an inter-connected world of stories.

I'd like to thread with everyone in Syka eventually; I do have to do a good bit of work during the day, but I've always written in my spare time so I will have a bit of time to sit down, unwind, and write every day--I'm just taking a break from my own projects to have a bit of fun with others--and I plan to take doing so up as a hobby for a good while.

Anyway, thanks for reading, you all! That's all I've got for now. :)
Trevor Hightly
Viam Infiniti

Words: 78529
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2017, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on July 16th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Welcome Trevor and Frouwenlop!

Here's a little Sunday inspiration from me.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Trevor Hightly on July 20th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Hello again, everyone!

I had a look at the list of events for the Summer and saw some really great writing prompts. I was also looking through everyone's characters during my free time last night and I was having trouble thinking of ways where I could meet everyone, despite wanting to. So, I had an idea.

As a kind of way for me to give something to all of you guys, I thought I'd start up one of the events and write it in such a way that everyone should be able to get on board. :)

Hope you guys are interested and like it! It should make for some fun.

Link: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic70332.html
Trevor Hightly
Viam Infiniti

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anibesa on July 29th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Hi everyone
New character here and just wanted to pop in and say hello.
I'm going to be starting threading with Anibesa soon, and I'm unsure whether to start now or wait until the calendar change.

I'm really excited to thread with you all and I've been stalking Syka for a while, only just managing to build up the confidence to come over here

So far, I'm willing to write any genre, and though I'm not good at combat, I will definitely give it a fair shot.

Once again, I'm so excited to write with you all
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 30th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Welcome Caele and Anibesa! Nice to see new faces.

Here's some Sunday Inspiration. If you aren't close to about a third of the way done with your word count ... ie.. 16,000 then your running behind. You have thirty more days to make your 50K to keep your firebug gifts! And remember we'll be having a little voting party after the season wraps up. So don't forget to jump in now. Even if you are brand new there's still time to get 50K in. We do NaNo every year here in November and our players routinely hit 100K in 30 days. YOU CAN DO IT.

Goss

PS. Sunday Inspiration!

Be weird!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eamon on July 31st, 2017, 12:53 am

Hello everyone! I'm excited to get Eamon situated. If you like to get to know a fun-loving, outgoing, and slightly reckless man who looks like a Svefra during the day but just happens to transform into a really beautiful horned being at night, you should let me know! He's pretty hopeless at a lot of things, but he's enthusiastic, so hopefully you'll be kind to the poor fellow. Also, if you're ever injured please let me know, although you might not want to put your life in his hands if it's a serious injury for a little bit.

Anyway, I hope I'll get to meet you all soon.
Eamon
Player

Words: 52401
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2017, 8:56 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Trevor Hightly on August 3rd, 2017, 2:42 am

Hey all,

So... I find myself having to come upon doing a job thread. Now, I could definitely solo this out, but as Syka is such a small settlement I figured most of the inhabitants for me to actually do my job with are players.

Which brings me to my question for everyone, how would one of you like to be injured seriously enough to need a decently lengthy -- but not too terrible -- operation at the Panacea? It could be one of your pets, of course, as well.

Trevor is only a doctor's assistant, so he'd be helping the NPC expert doctor of Syka -- meaning you'll be in safe enough hands.

Anyway, just thought I'd cast out a line and see if anyone bites. Of course, if no one does, I'll just make it into a solo. :)

Thanks, Sykans!
Trevor Hightly
Viam Infiniti

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext