The Who's Who of The Empyreal Demesne

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Located on the southern boarder of Mathew's Bay, The Empyreal Demesne is Kelskanisha "Kelski" K'etir's beginnings of what is planned to be an extensive estate intended to serve as the home base of a GGO. The land is bordered on the west by The Syval Ruins, and marked on the east by the extreme cliffs just south of Empyreal Beach, this demesne consists of multiple acres occupied by determined settlers willing to make a living in the Wilderness.

Moderators: Kelski, Crylon Stonecraft, Wa'Djinnabi

Postby Kelski on June 22nd, 2019, 2:47 am

The Empyreal Demesne is described, outlined and clearly defined in the Who And What We Are Thread. Anyone can join us for roleplay and become homesteaders in the wilderness. Sylira's wilderness requires a 26 in WS survival at worst... so be aware of that when thinking of joining us. It's something that needs to be worked on. We are willing to take on any and every active roleplayer that wants to tell stories in the wilderness. If you like creating things from the ground up, this project might be for you. We also want this to be a magical heavy immersion lifestyle with a great deal of knowledge sharing and the formation of tight friendship bonds.

Below is the registry for folks who are here. Feel free to browse this thread to see who is here and what their motivation is. The only requirement for joining The Empyreal Demesne is that you must do two aprox 2,500 word threads during the current season (can be group threads) towards the improvement of the Demesne of any topic of your choice. Some examples might be putting up an animal pen, gardening, building a stone wall, putting in plumbing, teaching, cooking a meal, etc.

REGISTRATION

Name:
Age/Sex/Race:
Brief Personality Description:
Relevant Skills:
Why Are You Here:
What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience:
Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne:
Any Additional Information:

Code: Select all
[center]REGISTRATION[/center]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age/Sex/Race:[/b]
[b]Brief Personality Description:[/b]
[b]Relevant Skills:[/b]
[b]Why Are You Here:[/b]
[b]What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience:[/b]
[b]Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne:[/b]
[b]Any Additional Information:[/b]

They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

[Registry] The Who's Who of The Empyreal Demesne

Postby Kelski on June 22nd, 2019, 2:58 am

REGISTRATION

Name: Kelski K'etir

Age/Sex/Race: 5/Female/Kelvic Sea Eagle

Brief Personality Description: Kelski is a driven, skilled, highly intelligent Kelvic that is determined to prove herself in terms of leading others and providing a rolemodel for how she thinks life should be lived. She has predatory tendencies which come out when she herself or those she loves are threatened. But she also has a soft loving nurturing side that is present as well. Kelski makes mistakes but she tries to grow from them when she does. Ghosts terrify her.

Relevant Skills: Jewelcrafting, WS, Hunting, Scouting, Planning, Dagger, Leadership, Crossbow, and various magics.

Why Are You Here: Kelski is a Master Jeweler who is determined to build something out of nothing and settle the wilderness. She wants to make a sort of haven for misfits, kelvics, and people that don't belong elsewhere. This place needs to be a place of safety and security for those she cares about.

I also want to add that someone needs to prove that guilds/clubs/gangs/organizations can be started in game and work well. Our Mage Guild, once it comes into being after everything else is done, will be a really cool thing.

What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: I would like my leadership to mean something. I would like to prove a group of people working together towards a common goal can come together and make it work.

Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne: Absolutely.

Any Additional Information: I hope if people are interested in joining us, they will consider being bold and coming forward to do so. We have room for all kinds.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vasin on June 22nd, 2019, 11:29 am

REGISTRATION

Name: Vasin
Age/Sex/Race: 23/Male/Human, Mixed
Brief Personality Description: Jovial, Warm, Friendly, Inquisitive, and Adventurous are some of the words that can be used to describe Vasin, especially for those that he calls friends. While he can be quick to make friends, especially if he is trying to reach a goal, Vasin is often suspicious of new people he meets. Though his vetting process is rather simple, especially if they are a friend of a friend. Vasin is a problem solver, literally, and what that means is when presented with a problem he wants to find out how to fix it or tackle it. Someone isn't paying their dues? He will confront. Something he wants? He will go out and get it, one way or another. He likes to go at things head on more or less.
Relevant Skills: Weapon: Longsword, Shield, Unarmed Combat, Wilderness Survival (Forest), Land Navigation, Cartography, Acrobatics, Bodybuilding, Endurance, Running
Why Are You Here: Vasin is here because the idea of The Empyreal Demesne applies to his own idea. The idea of going out there, taking the unknown, and bringing it to the known. Just a bit of a reverse in that they are taking the known and putting it in the unknown. He thinks it will work in a similar sort of way. Plus there is the challenge of it! Vasin hadn't heard of people starting living for themselves beyond the safety of a city before, not in this day and age, and he finds it vastly interesting. What will it take? What are the difficulties in pulling this off? He wants to find out. Plus, what better place to start exploring the world than from a place in the wilderness? It speaks to his adventurous spirit, and plus all his friends are here. He wants to help as best he can and make a new life beyond what he had been given.
What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: I want to prove that for those brave enough and determined enough the world outside of cities is an oyster with a pearl just waiting to be opened. I also want to prove it isn't certain death for those that go into it actually prepared with a plan. I also want to prove that Vasin can be an explorer with the help of his friends. What better place than this?
Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne: Yes 100%
Any Additional Information: Vasin is willing to help with whatever you need! Need a sparring partner? Vasin is your guy! Want to go adventuring/Exploring? Vasin is your guy! Want some help with your development thread? Vasin is your guy! Want to just chill in a character development thread and socialize? Vasin is your guy! Want to go on a powerful learning trip to a library? You know you your guy is!
Vasin
Player

Words: 290557
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Anja Nightwatcher on June 22nd, 2019, 7:37 pm

REGISTRATION

Name: Anja Nightwatcher
Age/Sex/Race: 34/Male/Drykas
Brief Personality Description: Anja is quiet, calm, and deeply introspective and thoughtful. He has an extremely gentle heart and a great deal of compassion for others. Born among the Drykas, Anja feels a great calling to be a part of a family, which is half the reason he left Sunberth and has chosen to live with Kelski (whom he practically considers a younger sister) and her family. As an Eiyon he is closely attuned to death, and finds the Wildlands deeply fascinating.
Relevant Skills: Weapon: Bastard Sword, Horsemanship, Riding, Animal Husbandry, Spiritism, Pathfinding
Why Are You Here: Along with desperately needing a family in order to feel whole, Anja's ultimate goal is to track down the Nuit responsible for killing his family. By living in the Empyreal Demesne, Anja hopes to stay off the radar and gather information from the nearby city, while also building up skills that will help him to pursue the Nuit.
What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: I'm really excited to be a part of this. The idea of building this place from scratch sound like it'll be a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to challenging myself to work hard.
Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne: Yes
Any Additional Information: If anyone wants to learn anything Anja has specialized in, let me know
Last edited by Anja Nightwatcher on July 3rd, 2019, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anja Nightwatcher
Ghost Hunter

Words: 298384
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dessarian on July 3rd, 2019, 5:22 pm

REGISTRATION

Name: Dessarian Damazar

Age/Sex/Race: 25/Male/Human

Brief Personality Description: Dess is quiet discipline, measured friendliness and subtle sarcasm. Ready to lend a helping hand or even share a laugh, his gaze is usually beyond the conversation or task at hand, quietly aware. While his almost boyish appearance may be deceiving, Dess is fiercely protective of those he considers his own. He does not enter into conflict lightly, but when he does, he does so he fights with tenacious commitment.

Relevant Skills: Unarmed Combat, Flux, Strategy, Wilderness Survival

Why Are You Here: Dess was saved and nursed to heath by Kelski, and that alone could compel him to follow her. But he is also Kelski's brother's best friend and had desperately searched for her after she was stolen away. Though he was sent to watch over her until her brother could arrive, Dess has caught Kelski's vision vision for the Empyreal Demesne. They are now bondmates.

What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: I want to develop depth of character and build relationships while creating something significant.

Any Additional Information: Just wait...
Dessarian
Player

Words: 146366
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2019, 4:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wa'Djinnabi on July 26th, 2019, 8:43 am

REGISTRATION

Name:Wa'Djinnabi Psomatik re Ahnatep

Age/Sex/Race: 27, Male, Eypharian

Brief Personality Description: Self Confident, prideful and somewhat arrogant. Somewhat racist towards Kelvics and Benshira as well as monstrous sentient races. Hardworking and somewhat lonely.

Relevant Skills: Alchemy (25), Hypnotism (5), All other skills (5) (I'll keep this updated)

Why Are You Here: His initial arrival is somewhat happenstance, but he is staying because what the group stands for and (pending the thread) the leader left him with a desire to build up something special

What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: OOC? I love writing magic stuff and the idea of starting a new mage guild from the ground up is very exciting. Plus, the other players aren't half bad. ;)

On an IC level, I'd really like to learn some new magics, and work towards the ultimate goal of making alchemically produced plants. (I have so many ideas to that end). Making some golems and learning Dominion would be neat but sort of secondary to that main overarching goal.

Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne: Of course, what better way to develop something then In Character. Player made stuff, especially at this scale feels special.

Any Additional Information:PM me to get a thread started! Even if your character probably wont personally like mine, we could get some great character development done and maybe I can get Djinn away from being an arrogant little insect.
Wa'Djinnabi
Finding forgiveness among the weeds

Words: 90688
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2019, 8:59 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on July 26th, 2019, 11:22 pm

REGISTRATION

Name: Crylon Stonecraft

Age/Sex/Race: 60/Male/Isur

Brief Personality Description: Crylon is a serious fellow, if there ever was one. He is driven to grow, exceed himself, learn, and expand his understanding and ability, but is not in a rush to do so. Methodical, consistent, he just keeps going till he gets to where he wants to. He enjoys helping people, being of use, and a more deep and philosophical approach to thinking and life.

Relevant Skills: Architecture, Blacksmithing, Planning, various building skills, a few select magics.

Why Are You Here: To help build the guild, and to grow and expand his own skills and magics.

What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: Companionship, thread partners, and a chance to build up his skills, abilities, and know how.

Any Additional Information: I'll just be the one quietly plotting in the background, don't mind me.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Rohka on August 4th, 2019, 3:47 am

REGISTRATION

Name: Rohka Calico

Age/Sex/Race: 23/Female/Human

Brief Personality Description: Rohka is a typical Ravokian woman, raised in Rhysol's safety and care. Her selfishness drove her away from her family's company by the Lakeshore and into the city proper, the place where she has wanted to thrive on her own. Currently, her sociability at the Malt House and her honesty as a fortune teller allowed her to learn far more than she imagined while surrounded by family. Yet her familial bonds are strong and despite her wish to move forward, she always finds herself pulled back by the ones who say they love her. She fears stagnating because she knows it cripples her. The sybil has tended to choose running over fighting, but she still dares to do everything possible in order to get what she wants.

Relevant Skills: Fortune Telling, Seduction, Impersonation, Disguise

Why Are You Here: Rohka's father asked her to help him. Her father, Meer, is going to Zeltiva to find his Vantha father who he hasn't heard from in years. Rohka knows that there is more to this story. In fact, her mother has sent out a letter to Mosa (an NPC in the ED) forewarning the old woman of their travels.

OOC, I know that Rohka will join The Meraki because she will believe in the narrative that keeps them united and working together.

What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience: Depth of character through dedicated/honest/creative/bold roleplaying. I also want to add to Roh's magic skills while expanding upon her history. It also wouldn't hurt to build some wealth and explore new territory with badass writers, wordsmiths, and artists :)

Are You Willing To Do Two Improvement Threads Towards The Demesne: Of course!

Any Additional Information: Roh is in Ravok during the summer, and I'm still plotting and writing her exit. I'll be reaching out about plot ideas soon, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in threading! I'd love to write flashbacks too, if anyone's PC has been in Ravok before :D
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miha on April 28th, 2020, 4:16 am

REGISTRATION

Name: Miha Sandsquall
Age/Sex/Race: 6, Female, Spotted seal Kelvic
Brief Personality Description: Miha is a loud, gregarious, and playful Kelvic who has lost her family and is determined to find a new one. She values honesty and usually speaks her mind about things and is fiercely loyal to whoever she deems family. She is also easy-going, tending to agree to do or partake in anything and seeing how it pans out. She has very little concept of ownership of items and this goes both ways.

Relevant Skills: Auristics, Salvaging, Wilderness Survival

Why Are You Here: Miha heard of a group of mages creating a home in the wilderness outside of Zeltiva and felt this was the best way to break out of her stagnation, to build relationships, and to learn more about magic.

What Do You Want To Get Out Of This Experience:Higher skills, of course, but also fun, exploratory plotlines, getting to build something up, and the chance to push the limits of my writing.

Any Additional Information: If anyone knows swimming or is able to breathe underwater, let me know. We can go on shipwreck salvaging adventures together!
Miha
we'll seal about that

Words: 30827
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2019, 8:23 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes