Closed A Little Syliran Hospitality

(Ball, Nivel, Arhailist) Ricky meets strange little figure that becomes the highlight of his night.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Little Syliran Hospitality

Postby Archailist on July 27th, 2014, 4:58 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

He was mostly silent as he watched the female Pycon with large bat-like ears. Games that the human children played.. in truth, he'd never played any games with them. Perhaps it was just that he was a little too unsettling. The more he looked, the more obvious a boundary formed between the forms of a Pycon, in the eyes of a human. Some were utterly unlike anything in nature.. for example, the girl stood before him, somewhat human but clearly not, given the tails and the ears. And the smaller creature some way away, that was neither human nor animal, nor anything. More reminiscent of something a human child would mould themselves, from a ball of clay, to play with. The squirrel, on the other hand.. he was a squirrel. He took most of his influence from the nimble, agile creatures that he so adored. He never wanted to forget them. And some humans seemed to find that unsettling - a creature looking so much like a feral squirrel, yet with full sentience.

"I'm a Pycon, just like you, aren't I? Then don't you think I would have at least some danger in my life?" In truth.. he sometimes wished he didn't. Curiosity, raw and primal, was a powerful thing. And it'd driven him to do things that he shouldn't have.. and see things that he shouldn't have. In some ways he was happy, but in other ways, regretful. That was what happened, though. As he stared into Nivel's face, he could only wonder what she'd seen so far.. and what she'd see in the future. Whether she'd be happy for the experience or whether it'd make her a new person entirely.. perhaps, something she didn't want to be. "What things have you seen so far, Nivel. Have you travelled through the wild lands and hunted down large creatures? Ventured into the depths of an unknown cave?"

He was about to get a bit of dialogue running when he heard yet more yelling, and talking off in the brief distance. Eventually, he relented. Following Nivel, although not in the exact same path.. he turned and hopped straight down from the bar counter, to the floor. Usually such a thing would distort his clay a bit, so he stretched the impact by immediately tucking his tail against his hind-paws and rolling over one shoulder so that by the time he'd come to a rest, there was no trace of distortion on his limbs. Lovely. Then, just a swift hop up to the lower lip of the table.. from where he hoisted himself up with both arms only, and easily rolled forwards a second time to rise on his feet. Strange.. seemed Nivel had a little bit more trouble climbing and moving around. She didn't look that small, yet a simple chair took effort. Huh.

"Oh, greetings, humans." He didn't smile - apparently some found that unsettling. "And.. Ball." He stumbled for a few moments as he wondered what to call the smaller Pycon, before Nivel filled in the gaps anyway.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on July 30th, 2014, 12:30 am

The couple watched with intrigue and amusement as the Pycons seemed to gather at their table, the conversation between them seemed to unfold and with it a few chuckles would follow as both Ricky and Telion returned the greetings with their own. They were definitely smiling at the three clay figures, interested in them as they learned their names and in turn reflected introductions for the two that just joined. "Ball, Nivel, Archailist." Telion repeated the names with a soft tone. "I'm Telion, and this is my husband Ricky." She placed a hand on his shoulder with affection in her eyes then, and left Ricky to join in as the couple knew Ball already heard their names. Now that his friends knew them as well, their conversation can head to where ever it may.

Given this was a conversation held with three Pycons, it was bound to be an amusing night for the two of them. The ale was good and sweet and the mood was definitely light and hearty, so of course it was only natural Ricky and Telion felt friendly towards the three. "Pleased t' meet yew t'ree." When Ball pointed out that they looked "out of place" the two chuckled, a look of What de PETCH? in Ricky's expression as Telion tried to contain a giggle, once they realized Ball was pulling a lump of.... something from where his ass would be. It definitely gave the two something to wonder about, then again they didn't want to really wonder seeing as how it was likely something they didn't want to know. Either way Ricky's initial thoughts were Pycons take shykes?! when he watched the action occur.

"Er, yeah! We're from Zeltiva actually, came 'ere t' heal a condition Oi 'ad. We should be 'eadin' 'ome 'ere soon." The fisherman finally manage to say after the initial surprise settled down, he hoped to the Gods that Ball nor the other Pycons might actually be.... taking shykes on the table. "So yew t'ree all squires den? Hopin' t' become knights one day?" He asked curiously before he took a drink of his ale, Telion of course followed along and paid closer attention to the lot as the conversation continued.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nivel on September 5th, 2014, 10:00 pm

OocNot really sure if its my turn but I though this needed a bump

Before Ball could answer Nivels question the female tall folk introduced herself as Telion and the other tall folk with the funny way of speaking as Ricky. “Nice to meet you two” the pycon said with a polite nod of the head “and to answer your question I am a squire.” Nivel was proud to tell people of her affiliation with the knights. She was only starting to learn that most tall folk didn’t expect creatures as small as pycons to be knights, she didn’t understand why but found their reactions amusing. This would be the first time she was asked if she was a squire and it caused her to wonder if she had done something particularly noble without realizing.

“Glad to see you came squirrel.“ Nivel said with a friendly jab “To continue what we were saying, I actually haven’t done too much but I did fight some phantom wolves one time….Well..they were actually just Illusions but I did fight some bewitched archers” Nivel stammered a bit upon realizing how weak and silly her story must have sounded. She wanted to have more exciting stories to talk about but the opportunities just haven’t presented themselves yet.

“Have any of you done anything noteworthy?” She direct this question to no one in particular as she was curious to hear heroic exploits in general. She wondered what the other pycons squires had experienced, but the tall folk might have done just as many if not more heroic deeds.
She watched as Ricky took a swig of his ale and noticed that many tall folk were doing the same. The pycon realized she was a bit thirsty from her long day of frolicking and needed some water. Nivel called over one of the bar maids who promptly but politely stated that they didn’t have any clay.

“Oh no I’m just thirsty, could I have water?” Nivel asked “The Glass doesn’t need to be pycon sized” she stated before the barmaid needed to ask. The barmaid nodded her head and left returning promptly with a hefty mug of water that was about as tall as two Nivels. The pycon said her thanks even if the amount of water was more than she would ever need. One of her tails seemed to come to life and climb up the cup like an odd looking spider before plunging into the cool liquid. She could feel the liquid spread throughout her body as she sucked it up through her odd appendage.

“Any of you thirsty? Nivel asked “I don’t think I can finish all this water”

Last edited by Nivel on December 2nd, 2014, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Ball on December 2nd, 2014, 7:02 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball grimaced as Nivel had asked him what he had experienced in the time since his birth. “Tragedy,” was the first word that came out of his mouth, followed by a bit of silence before he continued, “I punched a knight in the mouth, and by the end of that day I was his squire. Showed guts apparently.” The three inch squire shrugged, turning to look at the two visitors and then his other two squire pycon comrades, “Not long after that I was shipped along with him to an island of undead on a wooden shell.” He shuddered, his body rippling as he recalled the aquatic terror.

“We fought a beast of the waters. A large many armed creature, tore at least one other wooden shell apart and sent the knights to float or drowned. Many never made it to land or another shell… Ours barely made it safely. The beast had wrapped its many arms around it and was starting to tear the pillars of wood holding the sheets up, and cracking the blacken goo coated shell.” Ball grimaced, even his vision was swirling in and out between reality and the horrors he still dreamt about.

“We had to fight for our lives, dozens of us… Knights, Squires, Mages…” Ball frowned, “I reacted out of reckless endangerment, maybe I was the first to react, I am not sure anymore… I leapt and tore at the beast, with sharpened teeth of clay and black goo pooling from my mouth. It was a vile taste, but it was a way to survive. My patron knight took lead of the ship’s defense, commanding the mage knights, knights, and squires to attack the beast anyway possible… I am not entirely sure how long we fought for -- or how it ended. What I do remember is the creature haunts my dreams and my form at one point… It was defeated, by luck and magic.”

Ball frowned, “We won against the foul beast, but I still lost. I lost a friend, a mentor… A brother.” Ball remembered what Liege Lord had said to him just before they left on that wooden shell into the arms of hell. I remembered my duty -- my oath. I do not know where you have gone, but I do remember you… Brother.

“After the remaining of the knights and party that went upon that endeavor fled the undead isle, I do not know if we completed what we had started out for, I landed on and island of beautiful pale women. It was here I tried, completed a task my patron knight had given me and fought a second knight. A knight that played dirt and punched my dog, yet he wound up upon the ground unable to move. I left that island not long after that and landed on the mainland, somewhere a bit away from here… With monks and odd mazes. I didn’t stay there long before I left and returned home.Upon returning home I practiced… and Practiced… And practiced. I have attacked a woodland beast.” Ball’s gaze went to look upon Archie, “it looked quite like you.” Shaking his head, “But the gods had funny plans as it would seem and before I fought that beast the second knight I had attacked before turning home was given orders to train me in place of my original patron.” Ball laughed, “Ser Pycon never did enjoy that bit of irony.”

A pause in his narrative he looked at everyone, “Sorry I bore you. What happened from there to now is not important, more practicing and death of a large king crow. Just before the Shield Games, after two years of my brother not returning I have done the only rites of burial I could. A memorial marks his steadfast defense to our people in a field in the outpost. After that the rest is pretty well known. I forfeited in the games when I was a sure winner.”

Ball sighed, “I have told my story. Let us move beyond it.” He looked at the two visitors, “You two look wonderful together, I hope the gods have given you many years of happiness now and forever.”

OOCSorry for such a late response.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on December 3rd, 2014, 8:17 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

As the squirrel sat himself down, legs folded and tail wrapped behind his lower back for support, he glanced up to the larger humans and over to the other Pycons. As odd as it was, he still felt quite relaxed, for some reason. "Pleasure to meet you... Telion. And you... Ricky." He'd never heard of either before - then again, he didn't know of many. At least, those that weren't made of clay. With the obvious accents, he had a little trouble actually understanding most of what they both said. Ricky was almost completely indecipherable, not that he actually said anything about it. He at least heard the words 'squire' and 'knight' somewhere in there, and after a few moments mulling over the words, he finally tried an answer. "Yeah, we're squires. One day we'll become knights.. not now, though, no." That'd be quite a while away, for certain. His patron knight wasn't exactly one to help him in any way, unfortunately.

Then came the sidetrack that made the squirrel turn quiet as Ball began his tale. Strange, though, to think that the fellow squire had a knight - if the story was to be believed, he'd gone through many knights - that actually understood him and listened to him. Helped him and all that. For all that he'd likely gone through, the squirrel wished that he could have someone like that. He'd gone through terrible things, but in all truth, he'd never found someone like that. Sure enough, he'd found a boy-monk in Nyka that had a bit of companionship to offer, but that was about as far as they really went.

When it was all over, and they'd finished, the squirrel suddenly realized that both Nivel and Ball had shared their story. He'd offered nothing. Unlike Ball, he had an unfortunately sad story that he'd rather not share. "Spent five years training to become a knight. Traveled with whoever I could. Saw things I wish I'd not seen. Saved lives, watched others lose theirs." He didn't know if any of them were as traumatic as what Ball had explained in such graphic detail, but he'd rather not think on any of it at all, if he could. The other, smaller Pycon had put it best. Let us move beyond it indeed.

Soon, he turned back to Ricky and nodded with a wide grin in agreement with Ball. "Here's to that." He had to pass on the offer of water with a polite shake of his head - his mouth was feeling a little dry thinking on what he'd just discussed, but it was better to simply forget it, just like those memories.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on March 14th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Your Grades Have Arrived

Ricky Maze

Lores:
  • Syliran ale: Sweet compared to Kelp beer
  • Three squire pycons of Syliras: Ball, Nivel and Arch
  • Pycons take shytes?!

Comments :
Since you’ve maxed out on Observation and Socialization, there wasn’t much that I could award. But it was a lovely social thread regardless.

Ball

Skills:
Skill EXP
Observation +1
Socialization +3
Detection +1
Storytelling +1

Lores:
  • Fisherman Pycon and Fisherman Wife Pycon
  • Arch: Squirrel Squire

Comments :
It was a fun thread to read. There’s not too much to award but it was interesting hearing Ball’s story.

Arch

Skills:
Skill EXP
Detection +1
Philosophy +1

Lores:
  • Nivel: Pycon Squire with crushed gems
  • Ball: Pycon Squire

Comments :
Great thread. I couldn’t award very much since you’ve maxed out on Socialization and Acrobatics. Also, I didn’t feel that he was socializing in a ‘masterful’ way. But it was still a fun read and I tried to award what I could.

Nivel

Skills:
Skill EXP
Running +1
Stealth +1
Climbing +3
Socialization +3
Observation +2
Flirting +1
Acrobatics +1
Storytelling +1

Lores:
  • Arch: Squirrel Squire
  • Stealth: Following a squirrel undetected

Comments :
It’s fun reading about Nivel’s playful antics. Great thread.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread. However, make sure to keep the link so that the DS can review graded threads with ease.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous