[Syliras DS Office - Dusk] XP and Threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Dusk on April 6th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Once the sun goes down...

DS Requests and Threadlist

Moderator's Note

Hello everyone!

Please make a post here letting me know either what thread you would like a moderator's help with, or what thread you need XP awarded to, and include a link to that post. If you just have a question or need clarification, feel free to post here or PM me. Once I have completed these, I will delete your post and mark it on this list as COMPLETED.

When I first see your post here, I will add it to the list below. If you do not see your post on the list, that means it may have been delegated to one of the AS's. Please keep in mind that we are sort of overwhelmed in Syliras, and that it may take a few weeks to get your threads graded. We do our best to keep up with them, but there's only so many hours in the day. :)

A note on how I award XP :
I've been asked "how long should posts/threads be in order to earn good XP?" How much XP your character earns depends on the length of each post, and how much you use each skill within the thread as a whole. My general rule is that if you're a novice, for every post with at least a few sentences (preferably a paragraph) of descriptive use of a skill, you get 1 XP for it. Up to 5, which is the max per skill. So if you make five posts with really good description of your character using his/her longsword, you'll get five points in Longsword. You earn progressively less points for the same actions as your skill level advances. Which makes sense logically because if you've got 65 points, you're not gonna really learn anything from spending an hour doing overhand whacks at a dummy like you would if you had 5 points. Now, you can also earn 5 points in one post, but it'd have to be reeeeeeeally long (like, uncomfortably long) and that thought kind of irks me. Just as a personal ST preference, I prefer if training threads are broken up a little, which gives me the ability to grade a post or two and go deal with real life, and come back to it without having to search through seventeen paragraphs to find where I left off. :D To summarize, I am looking for your character to actually practice a skill, not just mention it (To earn Cooking XP: "She chopped her vegetables while the water came to a boil, added a handful of spices and a tiny sliver of butter, and once the pot began sending up plumes of steam she added the sliced carrots and potatoes and slammed the pot lid onto it" instead of "She cooked some soup"). Also, this applies only to XP - Lores and swag are arbitrarily given based on the feel of the thread and your writing!

Welcome to Syliras, and let's make some drama!

XP Request Threads

Once I have seen your post requesting that XP be awarded for your thread, it will go here:

• ---

When I have awarded the XP and erased your post, it will go here:

Completed XP Awards: WINTER 510AV :
These have been completed:

QQ

Modded Thread List

Adventures

Locations to Mod

To-Do List

• Create the Messenger Service
  • Create tavern
  • Update NPCs for all taverns and Soothing Waters
  • Finish the Wiki pages for the Sergeant Knights

I need to make these happen!

• Knighting Quest for Dimitri
  • Squire assignment for Lucas Arias
  • Quest for the Three Dusketeers

Moderator's Note

If you posted a thread here for grading and it's disappeared without a grade being assigned, it's been moved to one of the AS's offices for grading. Please check there (usually Paragon at the moment) and be patient! You will be graded, I promise.
Last edited by Dusk on December 11th, 2011, 7:39 pm, edited 265 times in total.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Dusk on June 11th, 2010, 1:07 am

Completed Mod Threads

Completed Mod Threads: SPRING 510AV :

Completed Mod Threads: SUMMER 510AV :

Completed Mod Threads: WINTER 510AV :

Last edited by Dusk on April 28th, 2011, 2:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on June 11th, 2010, 4:30 am

BBC Codes

BBC Codes :
XP AWARDS:

Code: Select all
[framepic=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/burninglilac/Treasure.jpg][frametrans=black,7][color=white][center][size=150]XP Award![/size][/center]

[u]Name[/u]
[b]XP Award:[/b] 
[b]Lore Award:[/b] 
[b]Ledger:[/b] 

[u]Name[/u]
[b]XP Award:[/b] 
[b]Lore Award:[/b] 
[b]Ledger:[/b]

[u]Additional Note[/u]

[/color][/frametrans][/framepic]

INTERVENTION:

[frame=#d04f15][frame2=black][center][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/burninglilac/sunset_may_2006_panorama.jpg[/img][/center]
[color=#d04f15][b]Moderator's Note:[/b][/color]  [color=white]Text goes here.[/color][/frame2][/frame]

DEAD THREAD:

[frame=#ffeb95][frame2=#070618][center][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/burninglilac/solmoon_ayiomamitis1.jpg[/img][/center]
[color=#ffeb95][b]Warning:[/b][/color]  [color=white]Text goes here.[/color][/frame2][/frame]

MODDING KNIGHTS:

[style=width:720px; padding:10px; color:#0b0c21; margin-center:2 px; border:2px solid #0b0c21; background-color: #FFFFFF;][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/burninglilac/HeaderKnight.jpg[/img][left]TEXT GOES HERE[/left][/style]

ADVENTURES:

[frame=#4360a0][frame2=black][center][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/burninglilac/adventureheader2.jpg[/img][/center]
[color=#4360a0][i]Date[/i]
Text
[/color][/frame2][/frame]

Last edited by Dusk on September 17th, 2011, 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Amadeus Telrunya on November 15th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Flashback: The Young and the Brave

Characters: A bartender, a barmaid, and a drunk (as well as Amadeus of course)
Summary: Amadeus finds that running is sometimes the best option.
Amadeus Telrunya
Wandering Waif

Words: 7553
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:22 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Tara on December 21st, 2011, 5:36 pm

Thread: A Dramatic Exit
Characters: Solo thread :P
Summary: Tara returns to her childhood home and burns it to the ground.

And

Thread: Taste of Your Own Medicine
Characters: Gabrielle Seawind and Nithus.
Summary: Tara robs a passing svefra and things start to go downhill fast from there.
Tara
Curiosity killed the cat.

Words: 63308
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2011, 8:09 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jaeden Kincade on February 21st, 2012, 1:44 am

Could use a grade on this when you get the time. Thank you in advance.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic5351.html

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Hund on June 13th, 2012, 8:04 am

Hello, sorry if I am doing this wrong, if I am please advise me. I just wanted to ask if you will please grade my thread, its small but I'm still getting the hang of things around here. Thank you for your time.

A New Day
[Syliras Location] Recruitment Office
[Syliras Location] Windmount Stables
[Syliras Location] Traveler's Row
Last edited by Hund on June 14th, 2012, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hund
Freed Slave.

Words: 10619
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 13th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Thread Title: Searching to Train
Characters involved: Gaius, Evora
Description: Searching for a sparring partner becomes an excercise in both swordsmanship and confidence when two Inartans cross blades.
XP/Lore request: Speaking for myself I know I was looking for sword xp from this.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alisha on May 12th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Hi !
Greetings Miss Dusk!

Kouri, one of the players/members mentioned that Archon retired already.
If ever you got time to please check on this link and mod for me, I'll be glad.

Thank you,

Note: I can wait till other pending-active modded threads were finished...
Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on May 12th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Hi Alisha,

Thanks for the polite request but I'm sorry to say Dusk is retired too (you can tell from the grey name). Syliras' local DS is Accolade, so give him a shout instead :)

Paragon
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)