OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Fall 522 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Fall 522 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on September 2nd, 2022, 2:25 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in The Fall of 522 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots. It is important to not give generic answers but to be very specific and thoughtful responses.

Before you start playing in Syka for the first time, you'll need to speak to me about accommodations, job, or whether you have coin enough to support yourself. If you want to start a business or get a loan for a home, there are funds available via a loan from The Founders of Syka.

There are also leadership positions available in the form of Guardians of Syka. Also let me know if you are interested in one of those positions.

Syka requires certain skills. For example, if you do not have a Wilderness Survival skill of Expert or higher, you cannot leave the confines of the Settlement to venture out into The Maw without an expert guide. The entire list of the Syka Recommended Skills is as follows:

Wilderness Survival: E+
Weapon: C+
Hunting: C+
Foraging: C+
Carpentry: N+
Construction: N+

N = Novice, C = Competent, E = Expert, M = Master

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. What is your name?
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist?
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself?
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season?
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?
  12. What does your PC add to Syka?
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N. This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.
  14. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#42ede8,#42ede8][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]What is your name?[/b]
[*][b]Who are you?  Be as lengthy as you'd like.[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident or tourist?[/b]
[*][b]Tell us one dream your PC has for the future.[/b]
[*][b]How do you plan on supporting yourself?[/b]
[*][b]What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day?[/b]
[*][b]What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have any goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why?[/b]
[*][b]Tell me why you chose Syka?  What are some of its good aspects?  What are some of its drawbacks?[/b]
[*][b]Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?[/b]
[*][b]What does your PC add to Syka?[/b]
[*][b]Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N.  This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/list][/box][/left][/center]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tazrae on September 3rd, 2022, 3:07 am

Character Registry

1. What is your name?

Tazrae Ardera

I'm a simple Innkeeper, ranger, would-be warrior, a Guardian of Syka, and an aspiring Archaeomage.

Resident

Taking the role of Guardian seriously, Tazrae takes her duty to Syka seriously. Taz has invested time and effort into seeking out new forms of protection for the denizens. These forms include helping make magic openly accepted in Syka, encouraging new people to explore the jungle and learn new things, and most importantly learning about the past.

Taz has also learned that as of 522, of the old guardians of Pavena... a cohort of ancient and off-world creatures that are not only sentient but keepers of knowledge long lost. With her discovery of Reclaimed Knowledge - the ancient Pavena Library - Taz has taken an interest in the history and what befell Pavena. To that end, she's been curating a collection of knowledge and cultivating a friendship with many of the old ones so she can expand her abilities and help others find a way to do likewise.

Taz is a business owner that supports her efforts nicely.

Tazrae's dream best day is probably the numerous afternoons she spends at her Palapa, watching the sea roll in and enjoying the peace of a lazy Syka afternoon. She'd like to be there with loved ones, but sometimes the Ixam are more than enough.

I really want to finish developing new magics this season. I've lacked time in the past but I think I'm freeing up time as the busy season at my real life closes in.

I have a whole list of goals found in my plotnotes.

I worked heavily on weapons, and I'd like to continue with that. I'd like to expand my compound longbow, whip, blowgun, and a few other assorted weapons to make my character more lethal.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?

I absolutely love the setting.

I'd like to see people keep their promises, stop dropping threads, follow through with their plans and generally stop disappointing me as a player and as a storyteller. I know this isn't going to happen, but I'm starting to be numb to it all and just go through the motions and nod and smile when people make me promises and never keep them.

The only thing you can count on in this game is solos. I'd like to see that change.

You'd have to ask someone else that. I don't see her having that much value other than as providing a place for people to gather and eat.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.

I have Wilderness Survival at Master. I plan to max it one of these days just for fun.
  14. Additional Comments?

Talk to me if you want a relationship with Taz. Keep your promises. Don't speak in silence. Don't be an asshat and I will be your friend.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Adisa Niobe on September 3rd, 2022, 10:56 am

Character Registry
  1. What is your name?

Adisa Niobe

I am an animal healer, working for Nora.

Resident.

Adisa's ultimate goal would be to master Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Herbalism and have her own business healing animals. As well as figuring out how to live life without her husband.

Working as an animal healer for Nora.

Running around barefoot on the beach without tears welling up in her eyes.

To work on her personal relationships since work is all she has right now.

To increase her Medicine and Herbalism skills and to get to know others in the hopes of giving herself a reason to stay.

I wasn't here.

It's a really cool location that I've never explored before. I'm mostly a city girl, so it was hard for me to come up with a story I felt comfortable telling in Syka. Also, the Wilderness Skill was a barrier to entry. It's the skill I've used the least and had no idea how to even begin to design a character around it. It's taken me years to figure out.

For now, no. This is my first season here so I haven't experience anything yet.

Adisa's an animal healer, so if anyone has any animals they'd like to bring her way, she'd love to see them.

13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.

No.

14. Additional Comments?

I'm new to the area and getting my feet wet, so please keep that in mind. Also, I love to plot. I'm not good at having PCs standing around for the sake of standing around. I really want us to have opposing goals in any threads we come up with to make it easier to write interesting stories.
Adisa Niobe
Player

Words: 3224
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2022, 11:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shade on September 3rd, 2022, 4:13 pm

Character Registry

1. What is your name?

Shadekas, but you can call me Shade.

I'm an ex-Nykan Monk who recently moved to Syka to fulfill a favor to a friend that was something of a life debt. I was glad to do it, but here I am something of a fish out of water. In Nyka, Monks rule the city. We are no better than thugs though, and it was a way of life I didn't exactly enjoy. I liked having enough to eat, but my consciousness is bigger than my mean streak and I didn't fit in. I constantly fought with my own kind and bent the rules to see people taken care of. That wasn't exactly going to get me to lead a long and healthy life. You go against the grain there, you feed the fishes.

Here, I want a more settled life. I was under the impression my duty to that friend would be up after a period of time here, but I see my stay will be longer. To that end, I set up a shop and a business built a home, and am trying to make a go of it on a more permanent basis. Let's face it, the values of the Settlement are more in line with my nature and demeanor which are almost identical to each other. I might keep my thoughts to myself, but I don't hide who I am.

Resident.

I would like to start a family and see them live in a place that's safe for them to be themselves and experience true happiness. It would be nice if one or two of them would enjoy being jewelers or floriests as well.

I own Bangles and Blooms. You won't find it on the link map yet, because I have to finish a few 'build' threads in a previous season before Gossamer will let me put it up.

My best day would be one filled with quiet moments of pleasure. Good company, enough to eat, decent weather, and a roof over my head. Truthfully, there's been a lot of best days here. Did I mention a beautiful woman by my side, maybe with a baby or two in her arms? If ladies don't like babies, I don't want anything to do with them. I'm all about family.

I might have decided to open a partial florist shop without knowing anything about flowers. I think I'd better change that this season, right?

I want to become more of a 'regular' and work on my WS. I'd love a little romance thrown in too, but I'll be honest I prefer a slow burn to a hot fling.

Last season was really rough for me to post. IRL I was ill a great deal with re-occurring pneumonia, at work the rest of the time, and experiencing full-fledged burnout. But I was flat on my back enough that the burnout is cured and I think I'm ready to launch into some new writing.

I like that Syka challenges me to learn new skills I don't really have an interest in outside of my online writing fantasies. I enjoy the setting, and honestly who wouldn't want to live in paradise? I like the danger aspect too. The settlement could be in true danger at any moment of the day. Hell, out picking flowers I could die. That adds a lot of spice to threads and gives me something to think about.

I love the number of areas that Syka has now. When it first started, it didn't have enough areas. I feel bad that new areas come in that are needed, PCs then show up and want to have their own businesses that infringe on the NPC businesses, but the Storyteller can't trust the PCs to stick around enough to get rid of the NPC businesses to give the PCs full and unrestricted access to a niche.

The example I can think of best is the doctor situation. We didn't have a doctor for years in Syka, then one was put in, and multiple pcs want to show up and be doctors but there are already three here. It's kind of hard to navigate. It wouldn't be a problem in a big city, but since Syka has such a small population, it can be a bigger issue.

Do I want the city to get bigger? No, not really. I like this small size. But do I want more and more varied areas? Yes.... keep putting areas in! I especially like the jungle locations I can't get to. More of those!

I don't know exactly what he adds, but I do know what I want him to add. I want him to be a voice of reason, a level head when drama erupts all around the Sykans. Shade is unflappable. He has a cool head in the face of chaos. Remember, he grew up around the Aperture, so he is used to this huge pit in the middle of his city spewing out god knows what - monsters, diseases, zombies, etc - at any given moment... so he's almost immune to all hell breaking loose and getting excited about it.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N. This means you are now a Sykan Ranger.

No. I'll be working on it though.
  14. Additional Comments?

If you'd like to build a relationship, hit me up for threads. I don't usually reach out because honestly people rarely follow through unless something is in it for them or it was their idea. But I'll be glad to help anyone with plots that want help.

Shade
The Black Opal.

Words: 215158
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2011, 7:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Shiress on September 9th, 2022, 6:28 pm

Character Registry

1. What is your name?
    Shiress

First and foremost, I am a mother. My four-year-old son, Ian, is my life, and there is nothing I wouldn't do for that little boy. I'm probably overprotective, but I don't coddle Ian as much as you might think.

My second passion is being a physician. I was born to be a caretaker. Something Rak'Keli, The Goddess of Healing, observed about me also and marked me in Spring 522.

I am also very stubborn and hard-headed and have a bad habit of putting myself into dangerous situations and not really realizing it. One might even hazard to say that I am drawn to danger, though I would argue that danger is drawn to me, maybe even hunts me.

Resident

I dream of a future of peace and contentment. A future where my son can flourish and grow in a protective environment and one that offers comfort and reassurance. Something neither of us has ever had.

I'm the children's Pavillion doctor. Syka's resident pediatrician.

A sandy beach, beautiful sunset, and a caring, honorable man to spend it with.

7. Does your PC have any goals this season?
    Better learn to defend myself and learn all that I can about being a medic for the Sykan Rangers.

8. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? Medicine. A doctor should always strive to be better.

9. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?
    Syka was chosen for me when I fled Zeltiva. Had I known of Syka's beauty and kind community, I feel as if it would have been my only choice.

10. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?
    Nah, you can't improve on perfection.

11. What does your PC add to Syka?
    Drama. Definitely drama.

12. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher?
    I do not but plan on remedying that this season.

13. Additional Comments?
    I'm ready to write!
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on September 24th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Crylon Stonecraft
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. A semi-wandering Isur exploring human lands, settling for a short time (from an Isur's perspective) in Syka.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. To become a master craftsman
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Working as an Architect
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? A day spent crafting wonderful items, and/or designing and building a wondrous building.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Their Reimancy, has not been used much but am close to L2.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Get Reimancy to L2, get all of his work done.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? Mainly Reimancy and pending placeholders his job stuff.
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? A small burgeoning settlement near the wilds, a good place in need of some design help where Crylon can use his skills and explore new things among humans.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? Nothing specific.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? A craftsman, smith, builder, and strong arm.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N. This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No
  14. Additional Comments? Let me know if you want to thread, can plot in Discord and work something out. Open to combat, magic, training, crafting, or others with discussion.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Alric Lysane on September 25th, 2022, 5:57 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Alric Lysane
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. No one special, just trying to get by
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. Purpose
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Some form of employment
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Having fun with friends and others
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Not sure
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Reaclimation
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? N/a
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? Many reasons. Opportunity. Dangerous
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? No
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Not sure
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N. This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No
  14. Additional Comments? None
~ Thanks to Gossamer/Shiress for post Boxcodes ~
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Words: 1010203
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Mittle on October 2nd, 2022, 4:43 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Mittle Stryke, call me Mitt
  2. Who are you? A guy from Sunberth who needs a calm place to heal away from a big crime ridden city.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? New Resident
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. To remove the hammerscale of grief and some bad memories. Maybe even make some friends
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Blacksmithing is what he knows but he's willing to learn other skills as needed.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? A hard day's work that makes him feel like he accomplished something, a large meal, a few drinks and space to stretch out and relax among friends at the end of the day.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Learning to trust people is a very good start. City living and grief with a rough sea journey has him needing to relearn how to trust.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season? Learning more wilderness survival, meeting people and exploring the different aspects of Syka.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? N/A
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? It's a clean open community of people which is good. The necessary survival learning will be a challenge.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? I don't know, I'm not familiar with the place yet.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? He's willing to work hard and lend his labors to those who need it.
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N. This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No. Not yet.
  14. Additional Comments? I'm still very much learning so if you notice something I've written that's out of place, please let me know.
Mittle
"Be an anvil, not a hammer."

Words: 184244
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kamilla on October 20th, 2022, 11:10 am

1. What is your name? Kamilla Circe Gordon
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. Somtimes human sometimes Konti.
    Former Sunberthian turned Zeltivan, turned Sahovan, turned Riverfall-ian, turned Sykan... turned vanishing act. Lots of love for magic, though she's a bit wild since her vanishing curse first manifested 2 years ago.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident, doing her best to stay in one place.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. MOSTLY to discover, understand and break her curse. Secondly to be immersed in learning, researching and understanding magic, perhaps open a school too.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Though it's currently the last thing she wants to do, Kamilla will resume her occupation as a seamstress.
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Perhaps a day spent with her pets and Jehu... more likely a day spent immersed in magical research and knowledge
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season?Her past...both djedline wise and mundane
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season?Research and break her curse or at least find a way to fix herself to one spot.
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? nope
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks?Unfortunately, this time, I did not choose Syka, a random roll did...BUT I love Syka, it's mostly unexplored land, it's a small thriving community with opportunity for players to influence it's development, and to Kam, it's the first place she's truly considered home.
    Drawbacks... Dangerous surroundings and distinct lack of anonymity
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved?Not currently
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Magic, sass and a no bs attitude...
  13. Do you have Wilderness Survival at Expert or higher? Y/N. This means you are now a Sykan Ranger. No, I really want to focus it this season as it has become an essential skill for a vanishing Kam
  14. Additional Comments?Happy to be back, even if only temporarily.
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Taln on October 23rd, 2022, 10:20 pm

Character Registry
  1. What is your name? Taln
  2. Who are you? Be as lengthy as you'd like. A shaggy guy that likes birds.
  4. Tell us one dream your PC has for the future. To find peace.
  5. How do you plan on supporting yourself? Working with Nora specializing in birds
  6. What would be considered your PC's absolute dream best day? Spending a whole day around birds.
  7. What one aspect of your PC do you really want to explore this season? Learning about birds and their medical care.
  8. Does your PC have any goals this season?To learn about birds and their medical care. Also to improve on his Talon Sword
  9. If you were here last season, what skills did you work on and why? NA
  10. Tell me why you chose Syka? What are some of its good aspects? What are some of its drawbacks? It's a hot peaceful place.
  11. Is there anything you'd like to see changed or improved? I don't know it well enough yet to say.
  12. What does your PC add to Syka? Potentially someone who could learn to know birds?
  14. Additional Comments?
Last edited by Taln on October 28th, 2022, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Next