Ethaefal Race Rewrite

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Yra on February 12th, 2015, 5:42 am

Some more questions!

1; How do Ethaefal who are still faithful react to their Forsaken brethren?

2; Do the Forsaken maintain the static form in the original version of the lore? And, if so, if the season matches the form, are non-Forsaken Ethaefal aware of a Forsaken even when there are no visual indicators?

3; Are the Forsaken whole? In terms of body and spirit, as they are unmoored of their god. I suppose a better wording is, are they sick? Does it show in a pallor of their skin? In their aura? Do they generally wear a mantle of doubt/sadness, or are they relieved? I suppose that also depends on individuals.

4; As Caelum is a Forsaken who has 'recovered', is it possible or even easy for other Ethaefal to do? How would one do this? Additionally, is it possible for an Ethaefal to do the whole cycle of Ethaefal>Forsaken>Ethaefal repeatedly, and does it get ever more difficult to revert to their original self?

5; How do the Forsaken view themselves?

I've come to realise that my questions are sometimes interrogative. Please don't feel attacked. :(
Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Roderick on February 14th, 2015, 11:42 am

Wow, I'm actually here to post something for once :p

This one is a really minor thing but it's something I've been wondering about for a while now: How does morphing affect the Ethaefal when they are in their celestial form? Would it function the same as it does for everyone else, or does their nature sort of interfere with it? Could they, say, use it to make them appear like a normal human or as a member of a different race?
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Nivel on March 15th, 2015, 8:52 pm

My controversial question is...can pycons be Ethaefals? We discussed it in chat and its stated here that any race can...if so...how would that work.
(Nivel is going to start worshiping syna incase of death :P)

Edit: I imagine the pycon form would still be able to shape shift but would no longer change its natural form. Especially considering that the pycon probably died of old age and already achieved their true form.

Another thing cool about pycon eths is that they are probably the only eths that can see their bodies after death.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Caelum on March 21st, 2015, 4:35 pm

Afternoon. :)

Yra & Eleret -- I hope to answer all forsaken questions very soon. Their section is being polished as we speak. Thank you for your inspiration help!

Roderick -- Yes, morphing has an effect on the Ethaefal in either of their forms. It absolutely can, with the proper skill level and application, make an Ethaefal appear human.

Nivel -- To be honest, I need to have a serious conversation with an expert Pycon regarding all of this. I don't know enough about that race to make a call just yet, but I will say that I am inclined to say that yes, they can.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Caelum on April 1st, 2015, 7:22 pm

Okay, guys! Here’s the latest excerpt for you. Let me know what you think.

The Forsaken

It has often been said the brighter the soul, the darker the Forsaken. These pitiable creatures hardly seem to have sprung from the Ukalas, so horribly warped in psychology and demeanor that even their patron deities would have a hard time recognizing them. They are the Ethaefal who have turned with disgust from those philosophies and purposes that had them transcended by their patron god in the first place. They believe themselves to have been unfairly flung out, cast from the company of their beloved for no good reason.

They are often self-righteous and well spoken, championing causes about which they have little to no experience. They commonly fail to do proper research and are eager to diminish the humanity in their foes. Their enemies are selected for a variety of reasons, but most often because they outwardly appear to align with the Forsaken’s privilege blinded, unforsaken brethren.

The Forsaken’s appearance does undergo the dawn and dusk celestial and mortal seeming transformations, but their Ethaefalian colors cease to change with the seasons. Instead they are frozen in the colors of the season in which they first became Forsaken, but their horns grow polka dots in complimenting hues.

While their Ethaefalian ability of aging is suspended, the Forsaken become naturally adept at stubbornly biased debate. They can spot a logical fallacy at distances up to five miles while in their celestial form and up to one mile in their mortal seeming. They no longer take sustenance from the light of the sun or the moon, but in its place they have taken to feeding on the flesh of the politically incorrect. For every misguided soul they devour the Forsaken gain one step in the one hundred required to obtain Ethafalian omnipotence. Once obtained, the Omnipotent Forsaken will be unilaterally correct in all things and incapable of error in all social and political matters.

The Forsaken have come to be called Warriors of Social Justice in some parts of Mizahar for their unflagging efforts to maintain the moral high ground despite their banishment from the Ukalas.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Rosela on April 1st, 2015, 7:38 pm

..That took me a little longer to catch on to than I should probably admit.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Hirem on April 1st, 2015, 7:47 pm

I'm going to report you to Tumblr, good madam. We'll see what the High Inquisitor of the Social Justice Warriors shall do with you!

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Nivel on April 1st, 2015, 8:02 pm

This is beautiful :) they should also try to pair people into unnatural romantic parings.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby Aventis on April 1st, 2015, 11:38 pm

I want to see this actually happen as not an April Fool's joke.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Ethaefal Race Rewrite

Postby S'Essy on April 2nd, 2015, 9:19 am

Erm... Suspicious..very suspicious xD
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext