Open [Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

The end of the night party commences on Riverfall's docks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

Postby Dust on November 20th, 2013, 11:48 am

Dust had readily melded into the party crowd; they had all come with the intention of relaxing, having fun, and generally enjoying the festivities; the atmosphere suited her perfectly Well, except for that cluster of women on the edge, with their narrow eyes and unfriendly postures. Those, she gave a wide berth. But the rest, she drifted through with happy cheer, going from one tray of food to a dance invitation to another of either as whimsy and opportunity directed. Dancing with Akalaks proved a little challenging, as they were so much taller than the Kelvic's human form; even the fairly young one that approached her, recognizing another dateless person, was tall. He really wasn't a very good leader, Dust didn't really know how to follow, and they were completely unfamiliar with one another; fortunately, he was good-humored enough (or buzzed enough) to mostly share her amusement when they tripped over one another. That happened rather a lot.

She thanked him for the dance, after, and refused the offer of a drink. Dust wasn't ready to settle into a place yet; there were still parts of the pier she hadn't explored... and people she hadn't found. Plucking some sort of mini-pastry from a server's tray, she ducked under it and continued weaving her way through the crush. The pastry proved to be meat in sauce, spiced enough that the Kelvic couldn't figure out what kind of meat. She had to stop to eat it, otherwise it would've dripped on the dress -- which was altogether too nice, with its pretty sky-blue top, white skirt, and blue flowers at the waist and hips, to get stains on already. Or ever. The pause gave her a chance to survey her surroundings more closely, pivoting in a slow circle, beaded-flower headband glinting in the light as she turned. And there, at last, Dust found people she actually knew -- or one of them, at any rate, talking with a green Akalak who looked somewhat familiar.

Dust licked the last bits of sauce from her fingers -- otherwise, she might be tempted to wipe them on the dress! -- and then all but bounded over to where Vanator lurked on the edge of the crowd. "Hello again!" The Kelvic offered him a brilliant grin as she planted her feet and came to a quite abrupt halt. "There are a lot of people here! I was beginning to wonder if I'd find anyone I knew at all." A server meandered past, pausing to offer items from his tray, and Dust realized she recognized both him and his fare -- they were the same as what she'd eaten just moments before. "Have you tried these yet?" she asked of the Drykas, plucking up two and offering him one. "They're good! Maybe a little messy, though."
Dust
Player

Words: 160562
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 7:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Magpie on November 20th, 2013, 2:21 pm

The eighth bell had just rung and a few chimes later, the bands spread out over the dock ended their songs and fell silent. Dancers slowed to a stop and sounded their applause and the main noise of the pier was that of amiable chatter. Antogio, a prominent Akalak in Riverfall's festivals, stepped to the edge of the main ship at the end of the dock, just above the list of prizes nailed to the side. He held up a piece of paper in front of his mouth, and those closest would see large sound runes drawn on it. There was a smattering of excited cheers.

"Ahem, is it... Is it working? Oh good. Ladies and gentlemen!" The crowd fell silent and all eyes looked to the front. Those at the back of the pier could hear just barely and many migrated closer through the crowd. Two pairs of Akalaks worked to lower wide walking planks from the ship to the pier below.

"First I'd like to say, thank each and every one of you for making this Beautyfest our most popular ever! My heart goes out to every lady in attendance tonight, as well as any who couldn't be here. You are what makes our city great, and without you, we wouldn't be here. To our mothers, daughters, and sisters: Thank you." Lowering the paper, Antogio dropped into a low, formal bow. A ripple of talk and motion went through the crowd as further gratitude was expressed to the women there.

Straightening, Antogio lifted the paper once again and smiled. "Now, I could go on all night about the wonders of Riverfall's women, but let's face it, I'm only up here for one reason, right?" A chorus of 'Yes' went up from several people in the crowd. "And that is to announce our Queen, King, and the ten ladies' of the Court for this year's Beautyfest!" An excited cheer went up and was slowly quieted by his calming hand motions, even as he laughed. "Okay, let's get down to business, shall we? The King...and Queen...of this year's Beautyfest is...

Jorin Ertihan and Dust!

Come on up here you two!"
Everyone began searching the crowd around them for the pair, pushing each excitedly towards the stage when they were found. On the ship behind Antogio, two Akalaks rolled forward two large tables, the one to the left marked 'Ladies' and the one to the left marked 'King'. The ladies' table was significantly larger and more populated, with jewelry in boxes, larger items set right on the table, and paper certificates for the prizes of pure mizas.

Once they were on stage, Antogio put an arm around both of them and led them to the front of the ship, where the crowd cheered below. "Alright you two lucky ducks, pick out your prizes. And remember, you also get a free date at Laviku's Secret, which includes..." He quickly checked his notes on the back of the rune paper. "A four course meal, a bottle of wine of your choice, and two bags of that amazing glowdust for a nice romantic view after dinner. Everyone, give it up for Jorin and Dust, King and Queen of Beautyfest!"

OOC Notes :
Congratulations you two!

I'll announce the entire Court in order in the next post, so we can try to keep things moving quickly. You must choose your prize in the order that I post, so no jumping in line. If you don't have time to post anything of length, feel free to post just a sentence or two of coming up and picking.

I'll repeat a couple rules specific to the prizes, as well as the actual prize list below:

• Prizes: We worked pretty hard on our prize list to make sure every lady has something she can shoot for. However, you have to claim it IC. You will have 10 days from the day your name is announced in the thread to claim your prize. I will PM you a reminder when you're chosen and again at 7 days, but if you pass the 10 day mark, you go to the back of the line and will have to pick a prize after everyone else. If you miss your second chance too, I'm afraid you're SOL.
  • Prize Switching: Prize switching is allowed, but not really encouraged. Any requests for a switch must take place IC, and no temper tantrums if the trade is denied. You'll be stripped of whatever prize you did end up with if you can't be an adult about it.

King's Prize - Jorin, pick from one of these

Ladies - Queen and Court

• Kelvic clothing bag (bird-size, carries one change of clothing light enough for a bird to carry)
  • Kelvic clothing bag (mammal-size)
  • Bolt of fine Kalinor silk
  • Mooncloak - Stay light and airy while still shading from the sun's rays. Ideal for anyone looking to stay out of the sun without roasting themselves
  • Talking mechanical bird toy
  • Leather-bound book of the maps of Mizahar
  • Packet of 5 seeds of the Lycacious bush - A large, flowering bush who's blossoms are said to be so beautiful they cause men to weep at the sight of them
  • Laviku's Tears (5 applications) - Application of this oil will allow a sea-creature to survive in the open sun for 8 bells without drying out
  • Classics of the Ages: Classical poetry book
  • Gold and diamond choker necklace
  • Sapphire gold ring
  • Extra long string of pearls
  • 175gm
  • 100gm
  • 50gm
  • 10 free massages from Moonstone Bath and Massage
  • 1 season free stay (at your current standard of living) at the exquisite Suvan Suites
  • 1 bottle of Bluevein Godspirit wine
  • Pair of thigh dagger holsters with pearl-handled daggers
  • Quarterstaff lined with leather and decorated with beautiful etchings
  • Longbow with intricate etchings
  • Composite shortbow decorated with etchings
  • Fine leather whip
  • Excellent leather saddle, courtesy of Loads of Leather
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Favchean Hronis on November 20th, 2013, 6:55 pm

The green Akalak let a low laugh leave his lips when she responded, his arm curling easily enough when she hooked two hands around his thickly muscled arm. "My Dear, you do know how to stroke a man's ego." His words are easily said, his free arm raising to pat her hands that held his other. He has no problems letting her lead them, the gentle pressure of her hands on his bicep letting him know which direction so it looked natural, not like a smaller woman dragging a large green male around.

"I don't imbibe myself, I do not care for the loss of control that too much spirits can give. Also, unlike you where beauty and slimness are so obviously natural, I can't afford the effects alcohol has on muscle mass and fat build up." This last is said with a wink, even though he was being genuinely serious. He hadn't touched alcohol since before the rite of passage where he had earned his second name.

Once they reached the dance circle, however, the music stopped and the announcements of the winners were announced. There was a slight flicker across his face when a Kelvic woman won Queen, though it was not annoyance or anger but simply surprise that caused him to raise his brow. However he politely clapped along, though he leaned over to the Eypharian woman and whispered conspiratorially "She is definitely lovely in that form, but you are far more exotic." The intent was to smooth over any ruffled feathers -figuratively speaking- that may have occurred. Not that he expected an outburst of any kind by Rosela, or anything less then sublime grace for the winner, he also knew that many women needed the compliments. His mother taught him that.

"I can't say that I am an expert on Dancing..but I am sure that we can learn together." Favchean turned now to face Rosela as the music struck up again, offering her his hand and holding his arm out to allow her to settle close if she still wanted that dance.

Favchean Common|Chealvan Common
Favchean Tukant|Chealvan Tukant
Favchean Kontinese|Chealvan Kontinese
Favchean Hronis
AKA: Chealvan

Words: 188481
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jorin Ertihan on November 21st, 2013, 3:03 am

Jorin grinned back at Kirsi. "Thanks, Kirsi," he laughed when she mentioned his cape. "Technically the costume belongs to the Amphitheater, but sometimes there are advantages to being the de-facto inventory manager," he whispered conspiratorially with a friendly wink.

There had been a reason Jorin had declined to go to Beautyfest with Farline. Nonetheless, he forced a tight smile onto his face when she grinned expansively at Kirsi's introduction. Farline was clearly not very interested in the smaller Vantha even despite her simper and airy laugh that she gave when she introduced herself as a carver extraordinaire. It was clear that Farline did not think much of her, although she was gracious enough to give her a dramatic curtsy, her flowing white dress cascading downward in a graceful fashion as she introduced herself.

"It is such a pleasure to meet you, Kirsi Winterflame," she smiled, while hitting Jorin lightly on the arm. "Jori-dear! How could you, not even introducing me to your companion," she accused in a teasing fashion. Turning back to Kirsi, Farline shrugged, and continued before Jorin could do just that.

"Well, I am Farline Darfi, actress extraordinaire," she replied, delicately taking Kirsi's fingers and shaking them slightly. It was quite clear that Farline's grace and elegance was practiced; not a single hair was out of place, not a single ruffle on her perfect white dress. And while her gaze on Kirsi was friendly, it was also critical, as she took in every detail and there was a vague sense of judgement as she turned to Jorin.

"I'm hurt, Jori-dear. You could have asked me, you know," she cooed. Jorin just shrugged.

"Like I said, last minute thing," he evaded, glancing over at Kirsi. His eyes begged her. Please play along, he tried to tell her non-verbally, and not for the first time he wished he was at this event with Rinya. The bond would have made it that much easier for her to understand what he was trying to tell her without him having to actually say it aloud. It was so much harder with other people.

"Yet you clearly had time to ask Kirsi," Farline observed mildly, and Jorin fought to keep the red from his cheeks. He schooled his face into one of neutrality, thanking his lucky stars for years of acting coming into play. Giving Farline his best smile, he shrugged.

"What can I say? Kirsi is a dear friend of mine," he evaded once more, desperately hoping the conversation would end soon. This party was quickly becoming more of a chore than a fun event. First he had to watch Rhys put his hands on Rinya, and now he had to deal with Farline's... whatever the petch she was doing, he wasn't even sure by this point.

Many more familiar faces surged into the party. Jorin from the corner of his eyes caught sight of Kavala and Vanator from the Sanctuary and he dearly wanted to go over to thank them, yet again, for what they had done for him a Season ago. Vanator, for taking him in out of the rain, and Kavala for healing him after his... shocking experience. But before he could try to make his excuses and pull Kirsi to more palatable conversation partners, or perhaps onto the dance floor, or really anywhere else, the announcement of the King and Queen of Beautyfest brought conversation to a halt.

Jorin's brow rose in genuine surprise, however, when he heard his name being called. For a moment, he truly did not know what to think or say. Him? King of Beautyfest? He'd thought for sure it would be one of the many large and imposing Akalak. Rhys, apparently, was very popular among the ladies, and Vanator cut a dashing figure as well. It was true that Jorin had dressed up in theatrical fashion for the event, but he had only done that almost on a whim, not really looking to win anything.

With an almost apologetic look over at Kirsi, he gave her a shy grin. "That... me? King? That's... I don't know what to say," he stammered out, the red tinging his cheeks almost going down his neck.

The announcement of Dust as the Queen could help but amuse Jorin, however. The excitable, bubbly raven Kelvic was just such a force of personality he could easily see why she'd been voted the most popular woman around. She was just so vivacious and fun to be around, she even managed to immediately make friends with Rinya, and Jorin knew how suspicious of strangers Rinya usually was.

"Well, regardless of whether you're queen or not, I still think you look great, Kirsi," Jorin insisted. It was the least he could do, after all. She had put up with him constantly looking over at Rinya despite her already doing him a favor by being his date.

Not to mention he'd slightly insulted her by not offering her one of his beads; it was possible that one bead had cost Kirsi the crown of Queen. The least he could do would be to complement her looks and dress, and Jorin couldn't help but feel he really ought to do even more than that, for propriety's sake if nothing else.

Farline for her part fell curiously quiet. Her face had taken on a somewhat blank look, like as though she felt it was somehow inappropriate that Jorin be selected for King of Beautyfest. And if he was being honest Jorin would have agreed with her. But then, he could not control what the women of Riverfall thought.

Regardless, Jorin figured he should stop stalling. He walked quickly over to the table marked "King", taking a look at what prizes were available. To be completely truthful, Jorin had no real interest in any prize; he was here mainly because Rinya was here. And although he was not her date, he felt he could not just abandon her here with Rhys.

Jorin immediately ruled out the weapon from the Arma'drex Smithy. The Akalak were fine weaponsmiths, to be sure, but Jorin had no interest in fighting. He only trained at the Kendoka so he'd be able to defend Rinya (and himself), should the need arise. He had no interest in any weapon except for the quarterstaff, and Kirsi had already carved one for him. He had no need for a second; not to mention using up the prize on a 1 GM wooden quarterstaff seemed rather... wasteful.

A season of free massages and baths from the Moonstone sounded nice, but he doubted that would also include Rinya. And if she could not share in the prize he saw little reason in choosing it. For the same reason, he rejected the season's free stay at the Bluevein Apartments, as he presumed Rinya would not be staying with him. He frankly would far rather stay exactly where he was, living with Rinya, than to spend even one day apart from her, regardless of how luxurious the apartment.

So there was really only one prize that at all appealed to him. And it really did not; Jorin was not a man who gave much thought or interest in Mizas beyond earning a sufficient amount that he could take care of Rinya and himself. He was not someone who chased Mizas as though they were the most important thing in the world, but really it was the only prize that he could share with his friends.

Reaching out, Jorin picked up the bag of coins and grinned over at Dust. He wondered what the white-haired Kelvic would choose, but regardless he intended to split the Mizas with Rinya, Dust, Vanator, Kavala, Krima, Kirsi... the list was quite extensive. By the end of it, 175 Gold Mizas would not go very far if split between so many people, and he sincerely wondered if perhaps he shouldn't just use it to get each of them something nice.

Even though it was a bit embarrassing to have been chosen King even though he quite legitimately hadn't even been trying, he did find the whole thing rather familiar. He had, after all, spent a good chunk of his life on stage. Even so, Jorin could not help scanning the crowd until he found Rinya. He smiled genuinely when he saw her, and for a few brief chimes he managed to make himself forget that she was here with Rhys. He just reveled in the moment, and hoped that Rinya was happy too.
x
Jorin's Thoughts | "Your speech" | "NPC Speech"

"Common" | "Pavi/Grassland Sign" | "Tukant"

"Written Text."

x
Jorin Ertihan
Art is the purest form of expression.

Words: 894547
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on November 23rd, 2013, 8:26 pm

Riaris looked around again, a moment to check on Vanator as they continued to dance. It wasn't hard but it did require focus. Riaris hadn't done much dancing since the last time that he did so with Kavala in the club. They were dancing much slower now, but he still had to look down just to make sure that he didn't step on her toes, or bump into her stomach. Kavala didn't want to be viewed as fragile, but to him she was, and he couldn't let anything happen to her or their child. And so, the bulky Akalak cuddled the woman on the dance floor, making sure that no one came close to her belly.

"Your brother is a strong warrior, he will be fine and when he decides to venture out and find himself a knew wife he will. But you..You and I can take care of the Sanctuary. I will help you so that you don't strain yourself, and together we can do what needs to be done. This way maybe the others won't bother you as much." He imagined that might help, with an Akalak around helping Kavala with everything, it wouldn't be a strain and she could be free to do as she liked without so much fussing.

"They are growing so quickly, my sisters. I think it would do them well to have another female to talk with and to share things with. A mother can only do so much, and I don't think they are as open with ours as they may be with theirs. I hope they will come to see you as a close friend also." Riaris kissed her back then quickly noticed the sudden pain that touched her. The Akalak was quick to take her hand and lead her off to where she could sit down. He was received when she make a joke and laughed. "He is growing to be a big boy. He will be very healthy."

Riaris gently touched her belly and leaned closer to kiss her again twice. "It will be a celebration when that day comes, and a day I will never forget." Riaris took her hand into his and held it firmly. Kavala seemed to be looking for someone or something, but he wasn't sure which. "Are you meeting someone?"
The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Kavala on November 24th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Kavala followed Riaris’ gaze to her brother and nodded, fully in agreement with the Akalak. She didn’t always see things from a male’s perspective so it was nice having her dance partner point out that her brother would be fine in his own time and in his own way. Riaris was right of course, but that didn’t mean Kavala wasn’t going to worry. She hated to see her brother alone, not laughing, and not embracing life to the fullest. Vanator hadn’t had things easy, but she’d hoped by now he would have relaxed, let his guard down, and let others into his life, especially love. Sybel was still a hope, but the Benshira wasn’t around much and that concerned Kavala. Vanator needed strong women by his side, helping to ease his burden and ones that would allow him to care for them.

The Konti looked up at Riaris, startled that he’d offer to help take care of her and her facility. For a moment her look was intense, quietly startled, and she nodded and smiled a quick thanks. “That would mean a lot to me, Riaris.” She said, wondering if his dark brother felt the same way. “Does.. Recoomas feel the same way?” She asked, not actually having meant to voice the concerned question aloud. But Riaris was on to a new topic quickly, so she hoped he’d missed her quiet worry.

Kavala smiled in pleasure when Riaris mentioned his little sisters. She liked the Akontak girls and was glad to get to know them. She hoped Tasi and Shay would grow up and be a little like them, for Johan and Nanail were as bright as stars in terms of their whit. “I want to be their friend. I’d love to have them around more. They are truly a pleasure and everyone seems to like them as well.” Kavala said, laying her head on Raris’ arm for a moment as they slowly danced then exchanged kisses. The boy kicking was getting obnoxious and she was gratefully glad when Riaris lead her to a bench to sit down.

“I hope he’s just like you two.’ She said in a quiet response to his words about the boy being healthy and big. Kavala was careful now, especially since she’d met Recoomas, to also include him in the discussion when they were talking about the child to come. She offered the man a slight smile and kicked her feet slightly while dropping her hands to grip the bench. It was almost as if she had no idea how to react to someone attempting to take care of her and see to her needs. Her mind was still mulling over what Riaris had said about The Sanctuary.

“What?’
She said for a second, not understanding the last question. Then she glanced at him and around, and realized he was asking because she was looking for a waiter. The Konti leaned back and rested a hand on her stomach, placing her hand over where Riaris was gently touching her. “I already found who I was meeting. I was just….” Her words were punctuated by the kisses she returned to him, smiling slightly. “… looking for a waiter with more water. I wanted some, but its not that important. The last four that have passed by have only had empty glasses.” Kavala admitted, feeling silly. If she wanted something to drink, she’d go fetch it. “But I think I’ve decided all I want I already have right here.” She said, entwining her fingers around his, feeling sappy and completely out of line with her normal tough exterior. The baby was making her soft, sappy, and hopelessly willing to soak up the attention Riaris was giving her. It was an unusual thing for her, but even she would have to admit it felt nice to be so carefully protected and fussed over for once.

But the announcement of the Queen and King interrupted her train of thought and Kavala grinned. "Oh! Dusk got it and so did Jorin. I wonder if they even know each other. Do they have to have a royalty dance now or something?" Kavala asked, pleased that the white kelvic raven was finally getting some recognition.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rosela on November 25th, 2013, 4:34 am

E
E
They hadn't even made it to the stall when the announcement for king and queen went up. Rosela's heart turned slightly in her chest and she had to acknowledge to herself that there were plenty of women around her who seemed to have more beads than she did...

She had to catch herself before her momentary pout turned into anything more, and swiftly turned it into a congratulatory smile as she clapped for the winners. She didn't know the Dust woman, but Jorin as king? Who in the city would vote for that spineless little... Once again catching herself, she did a mental check to make sure her smile was still firmly in place. Of nearly any man in the city, Jorin was the last she'd expected to win, but apparently he had and she needed to be gracious about it. Still, jealousy churned in her stomach as she hoped that, at the very least, she had made it into the Court.

Favchean's words brought a genuine smile to her face, and helped push the jealousy further down. "You're such a sweetheart. Thank you." As much as she wanted to stand and squint to see what the tall blond woman picked, she doubted Favchean would be that interested and she wasn't about to lose her date over it. Taking his arm again, she smiled up at him and continued moving towards the Blue Bull stall.

"It'll be a change of pace for both of us to be learning at the same time, won't it? I've heard it's all about 'flowing with the music' or some such poetry, but that doesn't really help with what to do, does it?" She looked over the shoulders of others into the dancing circle and tried to gather at least an idea of what was going on. Hands on shoulders and clasped, moving in circles... What was she supposed to do with her other four hands?

Finally reaching the stall, she put one hand on the lip of the counter and spoke loudly over the music. "Hi! I'll have a mixed drink, that one with the strawberries? It has...Yeah, that's it." She nodded at the bartender's silent offering of the deep red mix she'd seen them handing out earlier. "And...?" She looked questioningly up at her soon to be dancing partner, wondering silently if he was a wine or ale man, and if he'd offer to pay for her.

E
E

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Favchean Hronis on November 25th, 2013, 7:03 am

Favchean was more then happy to move toward the bar, his own pale stayed upon the dancers though trying to make rhyme or reason of their movements. Perhaps Lhex will smile upon this poor Akalak that seemed to have jumped headlong into a situation he was not in perfect control over and the music will be a slower tempo. He is fairly certain that if it was too fast he would end up simply making a fool of himself.

He attentively listened to the Eypharian woman's words, even had managed a nod in the appropriate places though he worried lightly on the upcoming dance. "Oh there are many things that I am sure that we could find for us to learn together, though at the moment I can not think of a single more intimidating subject then a dance." This was said truthfully, but a wink and a grin was given in hopes of writing off the nerves. To help cover his thoughts impending humiliation, Favchean fishes out a leather pouch that had leather ties to pull it closed.

Two fingers dip in and a thick stack of coin is retrieved, counted and some returned. The other is placed on the counter, a total of five gold miza's. When the bartender came to bring her drink, very feminine looking cocktail that had the telltale pink tint of strawberry while at the same time having a slice of the fruit itself floating in the liquid, Favchean pushed the coins toward him. "A water with just a lemon twist for me. This is for the lady's drinks, this one and future." A smile is given to Rosela, one that Favchean hoped was a winning smile. She was indeed beautiful, and if he was not looking for a cheva's mark to share with her there were worse companions to have on this night. Surely she couldn't drink more then five gold miza's worth of drinks?

Favchean waited patiently until the current song ended and a new one begin. Perhaps Lhex did favor him for it was a slower ballad rather then a jazzy swinging song. "I suppose the best time to try this is now?" He asked, having no additional appendages he places his glass of water down on the bar top before offering to escort her out on the dance floor.

He tried to keep them a little distance away from the other dancers, but at the same time align them where he might be able to see how the other males led their dates. His arms moved around Rosela, his large hands meeting behind her back and comfortably in the middle rather then along her shoulders. Her height was such that he didn't completely dwarf her, at least not in height. His body moved at first awkwardly, his lips moving slightly in an effort to count the beats, which was the maximum extent of dancing that he knew. He only knew that because he had had a lively conversation with a Konti at the beginning of the season about poetry. "I trust that you forgive me if I step..." He began, a slight smile fading when he felt her smaller foot against his. Fortunately it was not a square full on step, only a glancing blow so he prayed that he did not cause her any damage.

Receipt-5 Gold Miza, tab for Rosela to use. Also Rosela if I over stepped with leading Rosela to the dance floor let me know and I will correct.
Favchean Common|Chealvan Common
Favchean Tukant|Chealvan Tukant
Favchean Kontinese|Chealvan Kontinese
Favchean Hronis
AKA: Chealvan

Words: 188481
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on November 25th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Caelum watched as the Otani's eyes flicked upward and he followed her gaze unerringly, immediately finding the dim congregration of distant stars that made up his chosen name. One side of his mouth curved up and he found that he was a little impressed by Uleru's knowledge. It was not the first time someone had made such a swift and correst estimation of what he was and where he came from, but it was certainly one of the few.

"It's an honor to meet you, Uleru," he told her when she gifted him with her name. His consideration returned to the unique construct of her, never having had the opportunity to study an Otani up close and personal before. He watched the flush of light through her with admiration plain in his eyes. His eyes held ages, just as he imagined the whole of Uleru did.

He released a quiet breath when her hand met his and they began to dance in slow, lazily circles. He was silently grateful as he was not a good dancer. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time he had danced. Years and miles ago so far past that the skin of him had been shed a thousand times over again. It was an easy, relaxed rythmn they fell into and if the chains of his ranuri stirred it felt like little more than the sigh of the sea as the tide rolled out.

His laughter frothed from those same depths when Uleru claimed that he worshipped the sea, charmed by the logic knotted into her metaphor. Of course, he realized that to her it was likely not a metaphor at all.

"As you like," he agreed with her. "I won't rob Laviku his due." They stopped and the Otani gifted him her sash, the vibrant color stark against the shadows that collected in the rest of him, the bright sun that threw them hidden by night. "Adverse to gifts or color? No." He flashed her a smile. "Who is?"

Then came the annoucement of the queen and king and his attention turned there. He slouched comfortably at Uleru's side, long fingered hands sliding into the pockets of his riding leathers. His smile merely grew to see Dust having won, simple pleasure spreading through him that it was a lady he knew. One hand unearthed itself to give the white raven a lazy, congratulatory wave. He noticed others he knew spread through the crowd and some he merely recognized as well. His gaze lingered for a moment on Kavala and he twitched a shoulder against the tug, weight shifting easily as he returned his regard back to the Otani.

"Have you enjoyed the party?" He wanted to know.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanator on November 26th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Vanator's smile broadened when Dust came out of the crowd, nearly bouncing as she drew near and came to an abrupt halt. The raven girl was clearly enjoying herself, her smile bubbling. She deftly snatched up two small snacks from a passing tray and offered one to Vanator, toting its praise. The Drykas could already smell the spiced sauce within the pastry. "Thanks!" He replied with a nod before popping the whole thing in his mouth. Van grinned around the mouthful of meat and breading. "That ... is how...you eat it..and not get messy!"

It was a delicious treat, and Van enjoyed the savory snack, watching as Antogio stepped forward to the edge of the docked ship. Soon, Dust and Vanator joined the rest of the partygoers in turning their attention to the Akalak. Swallowing the last of the pastry, They waited for the announcement of the festival King and Queen.

When the names were revealed, Vanator grinned and applauded. He turned to Dust, gave her a quick congratulatory hug and urged her forward with a gentle press at her back with his hand. It was a fitting honor. There was a plethora of beautiful women in Riverfall that day, attractive, even sensual. But his friend was truly beautiful from her soul out. Sweet-spirited, kind, ever-positive, Dust's personality only made her outer beauty shine that much more. It was encouraging that the people of Riverfall seemed to see that in the Kelvic as well.

As for the King, well, Vanator knew Jorin, and the Drykas was a bit surprised that the down-on-his-luck poet had suddenly found himself elevated to such an honor among the Riverians. Good for him, seems he found his place after all.

Vanator tilted to cup to his mouth again, draining it of ale. Once the hubub over the announcement of king and queen, he looked around, seeing that Favchean, to no surprise, had hooked up again with Rosela, meeting his end of the dancing bargain. Van sighed, supposing he should hold up his end, though he was in no mood to dance. He set the empty mug on the tray of a waiting server, then began to move closer to the gathered crowd. He did want to congratulate Dust more properly after her 'coronation'.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext