[Sahova DS Office - Mirage] Question Your Reality

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Mirage on January 8th, 2012, 2:22 am

Mirage's Office

Welcome one and all to a place where what you see is not always what is. Look deep within the reality of now and find the hidden treasures within, but do not be fooled by the Mirages you see.

Thread Grading

As far as grading threads go, I take a similar stance as Fallacy. Once you post a thread for grading you are giving over your PC to my observation and judgement, and I will do everything in my power to give you what you have earned in your thread. I do not believe in "giving" points, but rather I feel that each and every character should earn what they are getting. I will always be fair and understanding in every thread I grade, and I am always open to the players opinion. However, be sure to have evidence and reasoning to back up your claim to extra points. I am certainly reasonable, but I wont give points simply because you "feel" like you deserve them.

Here is what I need from you:
  • Thread name and link
  • Name of Players involved in thread
  • A brief summary of what the thread is about (no more than 2 or 3 sentences).
  • Skills/Lores expected from thread
  • Anything else of importance you wish to add

Moderated Threads

By putting in a request for a modded thread you are saying that you, as the player, recognize that I have the power to put your character through any number of possible situation. You also realize that your character may not always escape without harm, and in some instances may even face crippling injuries, catastrophic and devastating events that have lasting impacts, and even death. Do not fear what has yet to come when what could be may be to your benefit. In other words, good things come to those who are not afraid to risk it all.

I am fair in my threads, and all rewards must be earned and are never given. In other words, just because you ask for a super-powered sword that has the power to grant life to rocks, you may not get it if certain actions are not taken in the thread. This could be something as small as not noticing a key to the chest in an early thread, to making a fatal mistake and answering a sphinx's riddle wrong. I try to make threads as realistic as possible, and that means that for every action there is a real consequence. I also hold the rights to get "creative" and move the thread in a direction that I feel will be fun or interesting, but I will always keep your ideas in mind when I do so.

So what I need from you:
  • List your thread as a "Mod Request" in your first line
  • Name and Link to the thread
  • Name of players involved
  • What you want the thread to be about (2-3 sentences, if it is longer them PM it to me please)
  • What you are wanting out of the thread
  • Any additional notes that may be important

Let it be known that I reserve the right to refuse any modded threads due to time constraints and thread back logs. In such cases you will be put on the "waiting list" of threads, and your thread will be gotten to in the order that it appears in my list. If you wish to have another ST moderate your thread AFTER you are already on my waiting list please PM me with your thread name and link, as well as who your new moderator is. That way I can reset my lists appropriately.

Modded Threads :
  • (In progress)

Waiting List :
  • None

And in Closing

I am very neat and organized when it comes to my office and the way I run my threads. I try to respond to every thread in a timely manner, and I keep my content of a high quality in every post. I may be a bit uptight when it comes to the organization of my office, but that is simply how I am in every walk of life. I like all my ducks in a row, and I feel that is the best way to be. No matter what things in this office will remain neat and organized, and the same goes for myself and my threads. I would ask that all who wish to have a thread modded or graded by me to follow the guidelines I have set out above. Some things may change or be altered as I think of new or better ways to run them, but as of right now this is how I want it.

I do not give any one person higher priority over another. I grade threads as they appear in my office, but solos are of course finished a lot sooner than group threads. I shall go ahead and state that I will not accept more than 3-4 modded threads at one time. This is both for the quality of the players threads, as well as my own sanity. I am a college student finishing up a degree, so my time is carefully organized to fit everything in perfect. So for now that is my limit for this semester. Graded threads do not have a limit as they are graded in the order that they appear. All that being said I will of course make exceptions to my rules in some cases, so do not be afraid to PM me about anything, even a modded thread request, and I will see what I can do.

And finally, I am here for you Sahova! That means I am always open to comments and opinions in all of my threads. From what I have said before you all know that I like all claims to be backed by evidence and reason, and so be prepared to defend your claims! I love a good discussion, and I am always up for a good talk in chat or by PM. So now I say, let us peer into the heart of the world and discover the truth within it!

Codes :
Graded Threads
Code: Select all
[framepic=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YZauYfyHkTE/TbK2pS0zHwI/AAAAAAAACjA/kP7n5hSCIuc/s1600/02119_deepsilence_1920x1080.jpg][frametrans=white,7][color=black][center][size=150]The Truth Within the Reality[/size][/center]
[spoiler=(Character Name)][u]XP Awarded[/u]
[list][*](List XP Awards)[/list]

[u]Lores Awarded[/u]
[list][*](List Lores)[/list][/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Truth Hidden by a Mirage](Add Notes Here)[/spoiler][/color][/frametrans][/framepic]

Important for You

All things are running smoothly :)
Last edited by Mirage on December 15th, 2012, 3:25 am, edited 11 times in total.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Marcus Ahysen on September 11th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Greetings! I know I'm a Ravokian PC, but I'm also Verilian.. so I can't post my request in Ravok. So, I randomly chose to bother you for my salary and seasonal xp request.

Job: Black Sun Agent
Pay: 6gm/day (4gm base plus 2gm for competent in Disguise)

Job Threads:

Mysteries in a Bird Skull - Marcus, along with others, investigate the mystery behind a Rising Dawn talisman.
Obeying Orders - Marcus accepts sealed documents from Amelia, sent by Clyde Sullins, a soldier of the Ebonstryfe.
Vocation - Marcus meets with Wrenmae to discuss him joining the Black Sun
New Orders - Marcus is given orders for his upcoming mission.

Seasonal XP Threads:

Purchasing a Room - Marcus uses his influence as a member of the Black Sun to get a room located in an ideal location.
Curiosity Bought the Cat - Marcus uses his influence as a member of the Black Sun to book expedited passage across the lake.
Gathering Supplies - Marcus gathers supplies for his mission.

Thanks in advance!
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on March 11th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Mirage wrote:
Annalisa Marin wrote:Thread Title: Seeking Answers
Characters: Anna and Ricky
Purpose: Ricky looks for magic instruction, Anna has some fun with it.
Skills: Anna: Teaching, whatever else you see.

Ricky: Shielding, Reimancy, whatever else you see.

Lores: Reimancy stuff for Ricky, whatever you deem appropriate.

Extra: Technically in Zeltiva, however I cannot grade it being that Anna is my PC. Another one that has just been sitting for a while and never turned in. Thanks in advance. :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Mirage on March 11th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Annalisa Marin wrote:Thread Title: Man of Clay and Magic
Characters: Anna and Spike
Purpose: Supposed to have been an exchange of arts, didn't get very far though.
Skills: Whatever you think.
Lores: Whatever you think.
Extra: Sorry to drop these old threads on you, thanks in advance!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Nixie on December 17th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Thread: Rest in Normalcy

Players: Nixie, Seven, Victor.

Summary: Nixie asks to stay with the Seven and Victor.

Expected skills/lore: This thread is old so I don't remember everything that went on. Whatever you see fit.

Anything else to add? Yeah, I miss Seven and Victor still. haha

Right now my computer isn't working and am being forced to write posts on my phone. So please be patient with me. And sorry for any spelling errors or lack of post coding.
Nixie
Who do you think I am?

Words: 110008
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:16 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Keene Ward on November 19th, 2015, 5:14 am

Hello! I would like to request wages for Summer:
To Freedom and A Suitable Swarm. For seasonal experience, I have him working on expanding his reimancy knowledge in A Falling Sky and his shielding in A Second Lesson.

If you would also be able to grade Forsaken it would be most appreciated! Thank you!

Also A Lesson Learned
Last edited by Keene Ward on December 7th, 2015, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on December 1st, 2015, 10:11 pm

Seasonal wages request (SUMMER 515AV)

PC: Brandon Blackwing
Caste and Job: Chiet, Unarmed Combat teacher/Jack-of-all-trades
Wage:300p -160p tax
Job threads: Healing Touch?, Stay calm and smite yasi with knowledge
Desired skill for sxp: Acrobatics, if possible. Otherwise Unarmed Combat
sxp threads (employment mentioned in passing):Don't Scare Me Like That!, Tea and Bargains, Bones And Daggers
Comments: Thanks in advance :D $_$

Seasonal wages request (FALL 515AV)

PC: Brandon Blackwing
Caste and Job: Chiet, Unarmed Combat teacher/Jack-of-all-trades
Wage:300p -160p tax
Job threads: Good Riddance, Broken Bones And Bloated Corpses
Desired skill for sxp: Acrobatics, if possible. Otherwise Unarmed Combat
sxp threads (employment mentioned in passing): Down Time, Finishing Up Some Unexpected Work, Two Ways To End Suffering
Comments: Thank you Mirage :D
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Drusilla on December 4th, 2015, 7:51 am

Summer

PC: Drusilla
CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic4248.html
Caste and Job: Avora, Seamstress
Wage: 300
Job threads:Don't scare me like that! A day of moping and sewing
Skill: Sewing as always
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Shadyn on December 5th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Seasonal Wages Request

Character: Shadyn (Xarrt)

Caste/Job: Endal...mainly hunting, but also some protection/caring for WR citizens.

Wages: 1k GM/Pinions -- 500 GM/Pinions after expenses.

Job Threads:Job Thread 1 and Job Thread 2

Sxp: Ummm....don't think I qualify, but if I do...prob Weapon: Composite Longbow would be best. If not that, Hunting or Riding: Wind Eagle.

Notes: The second Job Thread has yet to be graded...
Narration and Shadyn (normal text) -- Lanira (bold text) -- Thoughts and Xarrt's telepathic speech (italics)

NOTE: No matter what the language of conversation, Shadyn will almost always speak to Lanira in Nari, and she will use Nari with him, unless otherwise stated.
Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Words: 124526
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Imass on December 18th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Request for Re-Grade in old thread:

SQR: Danger from the Deep

Players: Several inactive/banned players plus Ball and Markus

Request: Leadership, Tactics, Bastard Sword, Rhetoric... Lore about the Lagool plus whatever you see fit.

Notes: No rush *hugs*
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)